Quantcast

Imagine being this loud and wrong about Prince...

cuntie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
49,403 581 97
Alleybux
That man looks like he's around my age (early 20s) but I will still say that a lot of young people are ignorant but Prince's music and influence within the music industry. It's sad that his career is still being reduced to "purple rain was his only good era"

Meimei0316

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,303 1,854 926
Alleybux
boy bye. Prince is one of the best artists to ever grace the earth. he learned to play 29 instruments by himself, wrote, danced, and produced. all by himself. he is a true artist. and this is coming from a 15 year old. He has more talent in his pinky than most artists today.

OMGee

I can't brain today, I have the dumb.
Reaction score
Reactions
68,707 1,109 437
Alleybux
54lr3n.jpg

Music4life

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,323 1,157 1,319
Alleybux
boy bye. Prince is one of the best artists to ever grace the earth. he learned to play 29 instruments by himself, wrote, danced, and produced. all by himself. he is a true artist. and this is coming from a 15 year old. He has more talent in his pinky than most artists today.

Prince did not play 29 instruments, that was PR from the late 70s to promote him as a young Stevie Wonder. He is however a true artist, that I miss very much. Talented beyond the earthly world. He wrote amazing songs that are timeless classics. Sadly, his estate and former friends/colleagues are obsessed with an era, that was visually interesting but not nearly as interesting as his other musical projects. Prince wanted to be relevant so he also promoted that purple high stuff more so than other stuff he did. I would argue some of his late 80s and 90s stuff is far superior to Purple Reign.

Meimei0316

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,303 1,854 926
Alleybux
Prince did not play 29 instruments, that was PR from the late 70s to promote him as a young Stevie Wonder. He is however a true artist, that I miss very much. Talented beyond the earthly world. He wrote amazing songs that are timeless classics. Sadly, his estate and former friends/colleagues are obsessed with an era, that was visually interesting but not nearly as interesting as his other musical projects. Prince wanted to be relevant so he also promoted that purple high stuff more so than other stuff he did. I would argue some of his late 80s and 90s stuff is far superior to Purple Reign.
oh okay. yeah his other music aside from purple rain is good too. i love diamonds and pearls from the 90s.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,406 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
That man looks like he's around my age (early 20s) but I will still say that a lot of young people are ignorant but Prince's music and influence within the music industry. It's sad that his career is still being reduced to "purple rain was his only good era"
He was the 22nd best selling artist last year if young people don’t know his music it is because they are not listening or they just do not like it. But his music is out there and very popular. I am not worried about what some punk thinks. If Prince had one good song nobody would have let him get to 38 albums his comments are not even logical

Shaylee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
27,926 1,304 696
Alleybux
What's most sad to me is that he doesn't even know how much Prince influences current music & artistry.
Anyone who claims to know music & doesn't acknowledge his contributions doesn't know music imo.

Lily22

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,254 193 36
Alleybux
Thankfully this nobody got properly roasted in the comments. Pretty much everyone is calling him out on his BS.

My Universe

copenhagen
Reaction score
Reactions
2,425 178 351
Alleybux
people shouldn`t really spent their time on such and idiot... prince is a Giant in music industry.... he is Mozart of today ....not many can touch him.. and I miss his present in this world......

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Well, when all that young people have heard is how amazing the PR era was, it's not really your fault. That's what has been shoved down your throat.

NonProphet

Don’t jealous me
Reaction score
Reactions
55,062 1,061 408
Alleybux
This person is a complete fool. These kids have too much confidence in their loudness and wrongness.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
Where would they start? There is no road map for them to peruse his music. The guy is obnoxious in his arrogance. But his ignorance about Prince is not entirely his fault. The media led by those with self interest (Warner Brothers and former associates) and the lazy journalist have sadly frozen our guy in amber.

Smokeypurple

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,877 127 29
Alleybux
I wonder if any 'young person' knows anything about Beethovan other than his 5th. Fortunately, not everyone is so ignorant.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
I wonder if any 'young person' knows anything about Beethovan other than his 5th. Fortunately, not everyone is so ignorant.
And Ode to Joy as well.

Prince is more relatable, contemporary and recent than Beethoven. If it wasn't for extenuating circumstances, more young people would know there was more to him than one album, big hair and a ruffled shirt.

PurpleDoor

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,881 89 50
Alleybux
These are the credits from his debut album: "‘all vocals’, ‘deep breaths’, ‘electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synth, singing bass, Fuzz bass, electric piano, acoustic piano, mini-Moog, poly-Moog, Arp string ensemble, Arp Pro Soloist, Oberheim four-voice, clavinet, drums, syndrums, water drums, slapsticks, bongos, congas, finger cymbals, wind chimes, orchestral bells, woodblocks, brush trap, tree bell, hand claps and finger snaps’."

But I'll reply to your whine that misspells "Rain".

BedtimeStories

Only Prince knows for sure.
Reaction score
Reactions
50,009 551 114
Alleybux
Pretty sure this is the same fool that posts here on the regular about the "one hit" wonder and gets his azz handed to him every single time. Y'all know who I'm talking 'bout ;)

LoveSupreme

01/06/21 - Planet of the Apes Day -
Reaction score
Reactions
134,305 8,451 7,808
Alleybux
Some simps lose their minds over anything a random male says.

He’s stupid, so what?

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
Here is someone else who is very loud and very wrong and unfortunately he has the power to sway opinion.

Lots of buzz today about a Prince release of a shelved record from 2010. “Welcome 2 America” is the album’s title. The title track was released today, and it’s not a song. There are some back up singers, but it’s Prince just waxing eloquent about things on his mind.
What will the rest of the album be? Miscellaneous covers of other artists’ songs, apparently. If there were really great unreleased songs from the Paisley Park vaults, we would have known by now.
But meantime, what the heck has happened to one of Prince’s biggest hits? “The Most Beautiful Girl in the World” was a number 1 smash, and a great record. It was a single released by Prince when he was a glyph symbol fighting with Warner Music. They rejected it, and he put it out on the tiny Bellmark Records.
Bellmark, owned by Stax legend Al Bell, went bankrupt later and its assets were bought by another entity. “Most Beautiful Girl” is evidently still part of some mound of legal papers. So you can’t download it or stream it. It’s blocked out from “The Gold Experience,” the album it appeared on originally. What a shame.

But you can play it on YouTube. So here it is, in case you’ve forgotten it or never heard it before. THIS is Prince. “Welcome 2 America” looks like a cash in project.

AUTHOR​

21e5ba9a17931f5b774c4f9755d50a7c

Roger Friedman

Print This Post Print This Post

NaughtyProfessor

bada bing
Reaction score
Reactions
22,974 232 38
Alleybux
^Wouldn’t worry much about Roger Friedman. Just take a look at his wiki page. He told Jeff Bezos that Amazon was a ridiculous idea. He was fired by FOX news. Other goodies there too. Quite the yarn about this bloated d bag Lol

Last edited:

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
^Wouldn’t worry much about Roger Friedman. Just take a look at his wiki page. He told Jeff Bezos that Amazon was a ridiculous idea. He was fired by FOX news. Other goodies there too. Quite the yarn about this bloated d bag Lol
he still has a bigger following than some young dude on twitter being ignorant. And his facts are off. Welcome 2 America was indeed an original album. It does have original songs and was not filled with covers. It is no more of a cash grab than other other posthumous album. It has one cover. The Live album attached to it has three covers. Plus, he said some comment about there being no good vault songs... WTF? Apparently, the man is a complete ignoramus about the songs on the deluxe albums. Wendy and Lisa would be pissed to hear that stuff he is claiming. LOL>

This man's article was the ultimate example of being BOTH LOUD and WRONG. And he thinks he is doing Prince a favor or something. Lazy journalists seem to rotate around Prince's legacy.

Gwendolina

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,377 915 197
Alleybux
Do we really need a thread drawing attention to what people who are totally ignorant about Prince's music have to say about Prince's music? I don't think so. We know there are non-appreciators out there. How about we just leave them 'out there' and stop polluting Prince's forum with this nonsense?

Last edited:

JaniraBorges

Team Owner
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
139,960 15,917 9,638
Alleybux
I’m 26. Prince was one of the greatest musicians of all time. A one of a kind. One of those rare human beings that can never be matched.

anynameyouwish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
13,820 666 389
Alleybux
They didn’t lie tho.. his only listenable song IS Purple Rain :rolleyes:
Please.
Do we really need a thread drawing attention to what people who are totally ignorant about Prince's music have to say about Prince's music? I don't think so. We know there are non-appreciators out there. How about we just leave them 'out there' and stop polluting Prince's forum with this nonsense?
Where were you earlier in the thread? LOL

NaughtyProfessor

bada bing
Reaction score
Reactions
22,974 232 38
Alleybux
he still has a bigger following than some young dude on twitter being ignorant. And his facts are off. Welcome 2 America was indeed an original album. It does have original songs and was not filled with covers. It is no more of a cash grab than other other posthumous album. It has one cover. The Live album attached to it has three covers. Plus, he said some comment about there being no good vault songs... WTF? Apparently, the man is a complete ignoramus about the songs on the deluxe albums. Wendy and Lisa would be pissed to hear that stuff he is claiming. LOL>

This man's article was the ultimate example of being BOTH LOUD and WRONG. And he thinks he is doing Prince a favor or something. Lazy journalists seem to rotate around Prince's legacy.
I hear you. And I agree and it’s sh!tty when people write this half assed, catty garbage. However, I’m more concerned about what comes from “the inside” of the purple machine TBH. Claiming intellectual property (song credits, concepts, influences) that aren’t theirs etc.

I guess I’m at the point where I look at the source and see what I need to know. Basically we have two opinions in the critic and the boy and they amount only to something fit to ignore. One has more incorrect info and that’s about it. Outcome is the same. Dismissive stupidity.

eh, More music for us to enjoy.

Highly doubt this critic will sway opinion either way as to the purchase of an album. Music lovers dont go to gossip sites like his for album reviews/opinions.

Last edited:

Gwendolina

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,377 915 197
Alleybux
Please.

Where were you earlier in the thread? LOL
What are you talking about, where was I earlier in the thread? I wasn't anywhere, I just came on and read this thread and responded. I'm not singling you out here - I just cannot see the point in bringing negative comments about Prince's music onto here. Threads like this are just a hater magnet, nothing more nothing less. We as fans don't have to justify or defend Prince's music to people who don't 'get it'. Their loss not ours. Of course as Prince 'fans' we're going to rise up and disagree with these ignorant comments, that's obvious, but what's the point? This is Prince's forum, to promote Prince, his music, his legacy. It shouldn't be a boxing ring to ceaselessly argue with people who aren't Prince fans. They can just go elsewhere to forums about people and things that actually interest them. I just don't see the point of starting threads like this. I know you didn't start it and I wasn't referring to you, I was speaking generally.

Tgal73

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,774 949 227
Alleybux
Does anyone under the age of 50 still value the opinions of critics? Seems rather archaic to me. I think the days of their word being the be all, end all are over.

Call me mom

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,514 451 434
Alleybux
Does anyone under the age of 50 still value the opinions of critics? Seems rather archaic to me. I think the days of their word being the be all, end all are over.
Agreed. I always need to do things myself and make my own decision.

Laurarichardson

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,406 1,791 2,496
Alleybux
They didn’t lie tho.. his only listenable song IS Purple Rain :rolleyes:
Is that the reason he had no less then 5 songs sell over a half million copies? Put out 38 albums and numerous productions and songs he wrote go on to sell millions? Is that the reason he was the 22nd most popular artist in terms of sales last year. If you only know PR you are showing your ignorance on the topic. His master piece is SOTTs and anyone who knows music knows this. Stay in your lane.

Rox

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,701 570 145
Alleybux
I do not listen to critics at all. I am suspect of why they are saying what they do. I like what I like.
I know Prince was a genius and I never have respect for people who say dumb stuff about his talent.
His fashion , the movies, personal life sure BUT HIS TALENT?

Never. Prince was so talented I do not think we have yet to find out just how much. I bet there are things in that vault that will blow everybody's mind in awe and wonder.

Music4life

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,323 1,157 1,319
Alleybux
These are the credits from his debut album: "‘all vocals’, ‘deep breaths’, ‘electric guitar, acoustic guitar, bass, bass synth, singing bass, Fuzz bass, electric piano, acoustic piano, mini-Moog, poly-Moog, Arp string ensemble, Arp Pro Soloist, Oberheim four-voice, clavinet, drums, syndrums, water drums, slapsticks, bongos, congas, finger cymbals, wind chimes, orchestral bells, woodblocks, brush trap, tree bell, hand claps and finger snaps’."

But I'll reply to your whine that misspells "Rain".

lol you thought you were being cute, Purple Reign is what Purple Yoda fam have been saying for decades now.

Clearly you’re not a musician. Multiple instruments don’t mean “finger snaps” and “electric piano”.
Once you know how to play piano, you can play the synth, electric piano etc, once you place drums, you can play bongos etc.

Prince played piano, bass, guitar and drums. In his high school days he tried the saxophone but could not play it, he doesn’t play any brass instruments nor violin, cello or viola. He never even said he did. Prince was a chill guy and imma spill some mild tea, he actually didn’t like the super fans, he preferred lowkey ppl they weren’t gawking at him.

Purplerain77

Analogue gurl in a digital world
Reaction score
Reactions
40,518 1,333 861
Alleybux
Pretty sure this is the same fool that posts here on the regular about the "one hit" wonder and gets his azz handed to him every single time. Y'all know who I'm talking 'bout ;)

Oh Jesus! Not that fool!
18174ED6-1551-4689-9F1D-3CAB10D4B2E2.jpeg

I know exactly who! I have tangled with his stupid ass and had to gather him all the way up a few times.

Dont speak that idiots name please...they will show up. Ugh!