Quantcast

Industrial sewing machine

Reaction score
Reactions
1,104 2 1
Alleybux
I only sew for myself/friends but my Bernina 930 is the best sewing machine I’ve ever used and I’ve owned several brands/types. Highly recommend. You can still find them on eBay.
Tight Acres: Bernina 930

Last edited:

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,520 14,415 4,441
Alleybux
I only see for myself/friends but my Bernina 930 is the best sewing machine I’ve ever used and I’ve owned several brands/types. Highly recommend. You can still find them on eBay.
Tight Acres: Bernina 930

I have a Bernina 830 record, it's my favorite machine. I haven't tried the 930, I figure I can start convincing my husband I need a third Bernina machine in a couple of months lol.

My husband wants to make tactical bags with materials like leather and Cordura. I think he needs a walking foot machine. He's still a beginner and I don't want him messing up my bernina machines.

I was thinking of getting a Sailrite fabricator or stitchmaster but I think I want to stick with German and Swiss brands.

Have you had tried a vintage Pfaff machine?

Reaction score
Reactions
1,104 2 1
Alleybux
I have a Bernina 830 record, it's my favorite machine. I haven't tried the 930, I figure I can start convincing my husband I need a third Bernina machine in a couple of months lol.

My husband wants to make tactical bags with materials like leather and Cordura. I think he needs a walking foot machine. He's still a beginner and I don't want him messing up my bernina machines.

I was thinking of getting a Sailrite fabricator or stitchmaster but I think I want to stick with German and Swiss brands.

Have you had tried a vintage Pfaff machine?
I used to have an old Pfaff60. It was not my fav. My mom has a a Singer 111w & imo it would be better for leather/cordura projects, it’s a beast! I know nothing about Sailrite, have you heard good things?

Buffalo Butt

Ultimate Gobbler
Reaction score
Reactions
235,520 14,415 4,441
Alleybux
I used to have an old Pfaff60. It was not my fav. My mom has a a Singer 111w & imo it would be better for leather/cordura projects, it’s a beast! I know nothing about Sailrite, have you heard good things?

ive heard good things about sailrite from blueprintdiy on YouTube but if I had to choose a machine for him I’d go with juki. I feel like Juki offers the same quality for a cheaper price.

Sailrite has a portable walking foot machine that models the Thompson mini if you’re familiar with that.

I’ll do some research on the 111, my local resale shop always has vintage singer machines. They never price them right. I just got a 1907 White rotary machine from there for just $30.