Insecure’s Showrunner on Issa and Molly, [Spoiler] and Why Dro Isn’t the Worst

analuna

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,772 655 312
Alleybux
Insecure’s Showrunner on Issa and Molly, Condola’s Pregnancy, and Season Five

Visually and narratively, Insecure’s fourth season was the show’s strongest. Issa finally had a job she was passionate about, and she had worked through her issues with Lawrence. Molly was in love with Asian Bae Andrew, finally happy in a romantic relationship. (Kelli was, as usual, totally off the chain.) And then a finale bombshell: Lawrence’s ex-girlfriend Condola is pregnant and Lawrence is the father. The moment seemed to sink the episode — the season! — before Insecure returned to the relationship that’s always been at its center, the friendship between Molly and Issa.

Over the phone, on a break from Insecure’s recently convened season five writers’ room, showrunner and finale director Prentice Penny talked Vulture through the episode and its many relationships. It all comes back to Issa and Molly, though: “Molly and Issa have been friends since they were 18 years old, and now they’re in their 30s. This idea that you’re only going to have rosey moments the whole time is difficult,” Penny tells me. “When you’ve been friends for so long, you know where all the bodies are buried. You know all of their mistakes. Both Issa and Molly were taking that friendship for granted for a long time.” Prentice broke down the finale, that shocking pregnancy announcement, and what’s next for Issa in season five.

How did the writers’ room arrive at the idea to end season four with Condola’s pregnancy?
We’d felt like we had done a really good job — maybe even too good of a job — at leveling Lawrence up. If you remember in the season two finale, Issa has this fantasy of what her life with Lawrence could look like: She dreams of them being married and having a kid. We wanted to play with what happens if that fantasy gets altered. Is that something she could deal with? Happiness is a choice. That’s what Issa says. So we wanted to challenge that point of view. Can you find happiness here? Or can you not? There’s no wrong answer.

Was Lawrence’s fade a bait and switch?
His haircut? No! That was just Jay [Ellis] wanting to try something since we don’t see Lawrence for a second. People change their haircuts all the time. It wasn’t a fully thought-out thing. He just wanted to try a clean start.

Back to the pregnancy scene: What was the response during the table read?
We read the finale in a trailer, which is never the best place to read the script, because the fans are going. It also doesn’t read the same because the actors aren’t giving you the same emotion. The rehearsals, though, definitely gave a lot of chills. We didn’t want to waste the emotions there.

Tell me about rehearsing this scene.
We tried it in a lot of different ways. For one take, I might tell Jay, “Try to be very logical with her about why this doesn’t make sense.” In another take, it was, “Only think about what you’re losing in this scene. Don’t think about anything else. Don’t think about her feelings. Just think about your feelings and what you’re losing.” And just those two notes gave it a very different performance. Same with Issa and Lawrence. I would tell Issa [Rae], “Hey, this time, you can’t even look at him. Once he tells you, don’t even make eye contact with him, you’re just so hurt and disgusted.” In some cases, I would say, “All I want you to do is try to look in his eyes and read them. Just try to understand. Don’t break eye contact with him, just to try to find something in there to cling to.” You could hear a pin drop when we were filming those scenes. They were brutal.

The cuts between those two conversations were really dynamic. Why did you decide on editing it like that?
Originally, when we were writing it, it was more linear. It was a flashback. You would hear the news, watch the whole Condola-Lawrence scene play all the way through, and then cut back to Lawrence and Issa. It just didn’t feel as interesting. Spike Lee did a similar [intercutting] in Mo’ Better Blues, where Denzel is sleeping with two women and he’s having a conversation with both of them. That always stuck with me. And if we’re intercutting like that, I had to be very methodical about how I was going to shoot it for it to feel like one big conversation between three people.

I loved how beautiful the finale was. The color palettes and tones in every scene were just gorgeous.
When they’re looking for Tiffany, we shot it very differently than we shot the bookends of the episode. When they’re not looking for Tiffany and after they find her, we shot it in our much more traditional style. And then, when they were looking for Tiffany, we shot it all very docuseries.

Later, when Issa’s on the balcony, I really liked this idea of shooting her silhouette as she’s walking out, just doing things that we don’t normally do cinematically in our show. I was trying to go for a very American Honey feeling and vibe. And so I was really trying to lean into that again. We never shoot in slow motion, so that was something new that I wanted to incorporate. I was just really trying to continue to elevate the show visually to where the character was.

Back to the love triangle: Do you think Issa would stay with Lawrence if he chose not to be involved in the child’s life?
I don’t think she’d be with a man that would not actively be part of his child’s life. If he’s gonna ignore his child, I don’t think that’s a character trait she would want a partner to have. I just don’t think there’s a world where she would ever be okay with him doing that.

The city and culture of Los Angeles are obviously part of the fabric of this show. Could Insecure follow Lawrence to San Francisco?
Yeah. As long as the characters always ****** back to Issa, it merits following them. That’s what we’re figuring out now in the writers’ room for season five: What does it look like if she’s commuting, or what does this look like if we’re in his point of view? Do we tie things back? Do we bring things full circle?

Do you think Condola still has feelings for Lawrence?
Yeah, of course I think she does. It’s like a volcano: It might not be active, but it doesn’t mean it’s not bubbling under the surface. One of the directions I gave Christina [Elmore] was, “When you’re saying the ‘you can be involved’ line, try one take where that’s the only moment you’re really vulnerable.” Christina plays Condola as very measured in how she responds to things, and obviously she’s had time to process this. At a certain point, she understands that this is hard for him and tries to appeal to him, too. Then she says, “I’m not trying to trap you,” and Jay gives a great look where he doesn’t believe her. That’s when she closes up again.

But yes. She’s going to maybe have a child with this guy, and they used to really care about each other. Those feelings are on the table for sure.

I’d like to talk about Molly and Andrew. Can you clarify how long they were actually dating in the show’s universe?
In the course of this season, the first five episodes are five months. The last five episodes are two months. So they were dating like seven or eight months, if you take it back to season three.

Do you think Andrew gave Molly too many chances?
Hmm. We talked a lot about that in the room. I don’t know if he gave her too many chances, but we definitely feel like he acquiesced a lot, and maybe he shouldn’t have. We’re always trying to write relationships where one person isn’t the cause of something. Two people are in a relationship. It takes both of them to make it continue, whether it’s a bad pattern or not.

Why do you think Molly was willing, eager even, to work things out with Andrew but not with Issa?
I don’t know if that’s true. Why would you think she was more willing to work things out with Andrew?

During their breakup scene, Molly keeps saying that they’ve been putting so much effort into their relationship. She’s making a clear argument for why that relationship is important to her. But with Issa, it seems like someone else — usually Andrew or her therapist — has to convince Molly that the friendship was even worth maintaining.
Right. But after what happened with Tiffany, you can see the looks that Issa and Molly share when they’re on the bus. Those things that Derek is talking about are resonating with both of them. After they find Tiffany, Molly realizes that the relationships she has are special and she wants to salvage them. Even her energy is different. She’s much more defensive in her first conversation with Andrew when they’re talking about his brother. When she comes back from looking for Tiffany, she’s just like, “I want to talk about this. I don’t want to just be defensive.” She’s willing to be open.

I think she takes that same energy to Issa. With everything post-Tiffany, she’s different. She’s the one that called Issa this time. In episode nine, if you remember, Issa was the one that called Molly. Now Molly’s tried with Andrew. Maybe it works out, maybe it doesn’t. And she tried with Issa. Issa and Molly have a different history, but Molly is making an effort on both sides.

When do you think Molly and Issa’s friendship was at its healthiest?
It ebbs and flows. The end of season three, they have a little bit of a run about Nathan, but it’s not a real issue in their story, really. I feel like friendship is good. I really don’t like when people are like, “This is a toxic person!” People don’t cancel real people in their lives like that. I’d be curious to ask everyone that tweets “cancel Molly,” if y’all cancel people in your lives like that? People that you’ve been friends with for 20 years? Like, stop it. I think people want these characters to make better decisions. But people are with people that cheat on them, people are with people who are horrible to them, people don’t cancel their mom, their dad. People don’t cancel people like this in real life, the way they say they cancel them on Twitter!

Speaking of Twitter: After Andrew mentioned having difficulties with his sister in two separate episodes, I saw a fan theory that his sister was actually LaToya. What do you make of that?
Oh, no! I will tell you LaToya is a black woman and Andrew is Chinese. So no, I don’t even know how you would get there at all. [Laughs.]

I also wondered if you saw Vulture’s ranking of the men on Insecure.
Is that the one that had Thug Yoda ranked as No. 1?

Yes.
What was the ranking criteria? What was it based on? Was it based on personality, or looks, or —

It was based on personality and how they behaved in their personal relationships, mostly with either Issa or Molly. What I’m really asking is if you think Dro should be last.
Oh, I don’t think Dro should be last at all! I think people sometimes can’t separate Sarunas [Jackson, who played Dro] from Dro the character. [Editor’s note: I could separate them, actually, because his baby isn’t my business.] This is just my personal opinion. I think people know a lot about his personal life. What people understand about him and Dominique [Perry, who played Lawrence’s season two fling Tasha] being co-parents overlapped over at a weird time with the character.

Molly is a grown-up. Dro was married. He always said, “Hey, this is the scenario. You know what it is.” And he wasn’t ever lying, trying to make it not be that. Molly’s the one that called him and went back to him. Now you could say when Dro was tripping about the house key, yeah, that’s an offense. I feel like he was honest. He was open. I think people don’t necessarily like that Molly got her heart broken, but I don’t know anything he did that was that egregious. I just don’t know why he would be last. He is married, his marriage had an agreement, and Molly knowingly engaged in that. Why did you rank him last?

I agree that Molly knew what kind of relationship she was entering into. But time and time again, Dro would tease her with very relationship-y things — running her a bath, having meals together, all these date activities — but he wouldn’t want to engage unless it was on his terms.
I get that. But I also think Molly has her own agency. Molly can say, “Don’t do that.” We could’ve written that scene differently in hindsight, but yeah, that was part of it. The other thing to remember is that they were friends from back in the day. In real life, I could see a guy like that doing those things because she’s his friend. It’s not just like some girl I met in a bar and we just have this sort of hookup and my wife is cool with us dating. I think if Dro looked back on it, he would say, “Yeah, that probably was not the move to do that with my friend,” or “Hey, I might’ve said the wrong thing.” I don’t think that inherently makes him trash or last on the list, but those are fair points.

I love that you put Thug Yoda as No. 1. Reading it, I was like, Whooo is going to be No. 1? I was really curious. I thought that Derek was going to be higher. What was Derek, like number six?

He was seventh. I love Derek, but he really lost me when he said having a daughter made him rethink how he’s treated women. It shouldn’t take having a daughter to do that.
Yeah, I get it. That’s not great. But that’s real for a lot of men!

AstoldbyWind

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
195,749 5,011 1,177
Alleybux
I agree. I like Molly and I dont think she's a villain. She has her ways but she's not bad as people made it out to me before I started watching. I didn't think Dro was a bad person neither

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,824 3,329 1,461
Alleybux
Why would he think that people don't like Dro because of his real life behavior when the character is as much as a fool as he is?

I didn't even notice Lawrence had gotten a haircut.

I still just want to know whether Lawrence and Condola broke up because she asked him whether he and Issa would still be together if Issa hadn't cheated (one day, people are going to learn about letting ghost relationships interfere with the present).

Glad this was addressed: But with Issa, it seems like someone else — usually Andrew or her therapist — has to convince Molly that the friendship was even worth maintaining. Molly is the worst.

MSpencer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
153,553 1,032 173
Alleybux
I don’t think Molly is a bad person. She is one of those people who cut people off instead of trying to work it out. She also doesn’t feel she is wrong about anything. She obviously doesn’t have good conflict resolution skills and can be self centered.

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,824 3,329 1,461
Alleybux
I don’t think Molly is a bad person.

1. She is one of those people who cut people off instead of trying to work it out.
  2. She also doesn’t feel she is wrong about anything.
  3. She obviously doesn’t have good conflict resolution skills and
  4. can be self centered.
Well damn. What are your criterion for a bad person? I get she's not out here murdering, raping and maiming, but at the very least, she's a terrible person to be involved in any sort of interpersonal relationship with.

In addition to your list, I would add that she is not kind, nor generous in spirit, and she lacks empathy. AKA the worst.

HeByHooray

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
33,038 80 47
Alleybux
Season 4 was NOT the strongest season by far. I miss the days when show runners, writers, producers, etc. stayed behind the scenes now-a-days everyone wants to be the talent. I hated how Courtney did this with Power as well.

It was lame that the lazy writers gave us the Derwin and Janay treatment. Issa and Lawrence getting back together after all that has transpired is such a reach. I hope Lawrence marries Condola and leaves the show. Issa and Nathan will make great TV with him being bi-polar.

MSpencer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
153,553 1,032 173
Alleybux
Well damn. What is your criterion for a bad person? I get she's not out here murdering, raping and maiming, but at the very least, she's a terrible person to be involved in any sort of interpersonal relationship with.

In addition to your list, I would add that she is not kind, nor generous in spirit, and she lacks empathy. AKA the worst.
Lol those are all behaviors that can be changed and cut off/cancel culture is common with young people.

I don’t think she’s the devil. She has bad character traits just like everyone else

Pearlfection

Khaleesi of the Great Grass Bayou
Reaction score
Reactions
336,557 5,211 2,329
Alleybux
I'm sorry no matter how they explain it, I think the finale was a huge mistake. If you wanted Molly and Issa to rekindle their friendship, they could've had their conversation in the hotel lobby after finding Tiffany. It could've been immediate and a chance for her to tell Issa how much her friendship meant to her. Imagine how beautiful that could have been to see two black women choose each other on screen without needing the meddling of a man.

Instead it came off as Molly was dismissed and she ran back to Issa.

I also would've liked if they allowed Molly to end the relationship with Andrew. Given her chance to say, I need to work on myself outside of a relationship.

Molly's character is still terribly unaware of self and i'm not buying what they are selling.

Dro is also trash!! He definitely started to cross the line towards the end of their fling. It was a lot more than just "knowing what it is."

I agree with him that Derrick is a real depiction of a man... We may not like it but I know a lot of men who love and adore the women who they deem respectable. Everyone else is disposable.

There were many ways they could've challenged Issa and Lawrence. It didn't need to be done with a baby.... The move was enough. They just complicated an over complicated situation.

MainMane

Common Sense
Reaction score
Reactions
206,052 7,698 9,951
Alleybux
Molly and Andrew were never gonna work. She kept referencing how this is the longest relationship for either of them. She wants the badge of having a relationship, not being in one.

Lawrence getting Condola pregnant is Issa’s karma for cheating. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This will be a fun dynamic.

Can we get a whole kelly episode gotdamnit??? Im tired of her being the sassy black woman comic relief, we know its depths to her character, please explore them.

Is Derek black? Wtf going on with him?

I think Dro is trash, because he knew molly wanted to be in a relationship, whether open marriage or not, its not sustainable.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
Prentice being defensive as always. But anyway...

I did get some clarity on Molly’s differences between her “breakups” with Issa and Andrew. I just thought she was a whole bird who wanted to fight for her 6 month relationship harder than a decade long friendship. But apparently Tiffany’s disappearance changed her perspective and softened her

Dro honestly he was wrong. He didn’t lie about the open marriage but he very much did tease her with relationship like activities that had her feeing they were really together. He also seemed to have an issue when Molly decided to set boundaries which is classic manipulative fµck boi behavior

Last edited:

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
107,843 1,593 286
Alleybux
I still don’t believe the relationship between Lawrence and Condola was that deep. Condola basically admitted he was a rebound right? Or was that her friend? Either way, they didn’t make it seem like it was real.

Molly isn’t a villain; I just couldn’t stand her this season. Andrew should’ve been told her about herself.

I have a few issues with Prentice. Some of his explanations and the show’s writing isn’t coming off the way he hopes.

Laaaayla

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,920 2,503 1,116
Alleybux
Prentice being defensive as always. But anyway...

I did get some clarity on Molly’s differences between her “breakups” with Issa and Andrew. I just thought she was a whole bird who wanted to fight for her 6 month relationship harder than a decade long friendship. But apparently Tiffany’s disappearance changed her perspective and softened her

Dro honesty he was wrong. He didn’t lie about the open marriage but he very much did tease her with relationship like activities that had her feeing they were really together. He also seemed to have an issue when Molly decided to set boundaries which is classic manipulative fµck boi behavior
Molly was also hanging on to Andrew stubbornly. Because she was trying to prove to herself or whoever else that she could. Because once again her best friend threw her not having a stable relationship in her face.

AI Boyfriend

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
106,757 6,796 5,939
Alleybux
Season 4 was NOT the strongest season by far. I miss the days when show runners, writers, producers, etc. stayed behind the scenes now-a-days everyone wants to be the talent. I hated how Courtney did this with Power as well.

It was lame that the lazy writers gave us the Derwin and Janay treatment. Issa and Lawrence getting back together after all that has transpired is such a reach. I hope Lawrence marries Condola and leaves the show. Issa and Nathan will make great TV with him being bi-polar.

Not just that, they act like these shows are historic, award-winning, genius creations :LOL: Courtney had me crackin up like Power was on another level of story telling.

mollflanders

defamationismygame
OLDHEAD
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
256,824 3,329 1,461
Alleybux
Lol those are all behaviors that can be changed and cut off/cancel culture is common with young people.

Yes, for a person who wants to change them. If she’s interested in that, it’s never been shown. I just know that for the most part, many people over 30 tend not to make substantial behavior changes. If a a person told me she/he was dating a someone who was self-centered, has poor conflict resolution skills (such an odd character trait for a litigator, btw), cuts people off without putting in the work, and always believes she/he is right, I’d advise that person to run like that wind.

Lawrence getting Condola pregnant is Issa’s karma for cheating. Every action has an equal and opposite reaction. This will be a fun dynamic.

Not that I believe in karma but she’s gotten plenty of retribution from cheating on Lawrence. And he finally got off the sofa, so everyone should be happy.

I agree that Kelly needs an episode, though.

Pearlfection

Khaleesi of the Great Grass Bayou
Reaction score
Reactions
336,557 5,211 2,329
Alleybux
It’s do WILD that people don’t acknowledge issa contribution to the breakdown of her friendship.

I do agree and i've said it before but Issa is likable. So people excuse Issa's immaturity and self serving tendencies. Molly has shown up and out for Issa repeatedly. Now I have chastised Molly plenty but I think a lot of reaction to Issa was just being fed up. The only reason I believe it was her turn to extend the olive branch was because she dismissed Issa when she had a chance to talk about her feelings.

I have a few issues with Prentice. Some of his explanations and the show’s writing isn’t coming off the way he hopes.

This right here is the bottom line. They could've executed a couple storylines better. Sometimes you have to put a lil telling with your showing.. subtly.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
I still don’t believe the relationship between Lawrence and Condola was that deep. Condola basically admitted he was a rebound right? Or was that her friend? Either way, they didn’t make it seem like it was real.

Molly isn’t a villain; I just couldn’t stand her this season. Andrew should’ve been told her about herself.

I had higher expectations from this writing team. I truly believed that a pregnancy storyline with Condola was below them. It’s just hard for me to picture a group of young educated black people that would collectively say Yes! Let’s make Condola’s pregnant! There wasn’t one person In the room that was like “nah”?

They are all old enough to remember The Game (hell Jay Ellis was on the show!) and to know that sh!t is tired

Honestly I wish Issa just went back to her apartment the night after they had xes and blocked Lawrence’s number because she got the closure she needed.

Queen Melissa

Sweet as spice & everything nice
Reaction score
Reactions
25,529 364 88
Alleybux
This showrunner......

Between his previous comments on Twitter and his defensiveness, he seems to have an unchecked ego.

I understand he's passionate but be appreciative of the feedback you get about a show you're apart of, whether positive or negative.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
This showrunner......

Between his previous comments on Twitter and his defensiveness, he seems to have an unchecked ego.

I understand he's passionate but be appreciative of the feedback you get about a show you're apart of, whether positive or negative.
Absolutely. When he said he was shocked with all the Molly hate, I was like really? Just a few weeks ago he was reading people on Twitter who had any criticism of the show. He has petty gay man energy. I was shocked to find out he has a wife and kids

Last edited:

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
107,843 1,593 286
Alleybux
I had higher expectations from this writing team. I truly believed that a pregnancy storyline with Condola was below them. It’s just hard for me to picture a group of young educated black people that would collectively say Yes! Let’s make Condola’s pregnant! There wasn’t one person In the room that was like “nah”?

They are all old enough to remember The Game (hell Jay Ellis was on the show!) and to know that sh!t is tired

Honestly I wish Issa just went back to her apartment the night after they had xes and blocked Lawrence’s number because she got the closure she needed.
Same here. I really didn’t think the writers would stoop this low but I guess I was wrong. I know that they have quite a few new people In the writer’s room so I’m blaming them lol. There’s no way the original crew would’ve did this storyline.

analuna

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,772 655 312
Alleybux
I really uncomfortable with this man writing a story line for a black woman in the position he put Issa in. He is way to casual about what we should tolerate and the treatment we should accept. Why is he so blind that he gave Molly no redeemable qualities this season? They really think we're gonna watch Issa settle for this? And homebody is still going to SF with a baby on the way i LA? What kind of trash has he normalized. I don't watch Insecure for male fantasies.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
7,000 67 62
Alleybux
Visually, yes, I thought this season was beautiful. The cinematography and visuals really told a story at times. But narratively, this season was the weakest by far. So many out of characters moments, cliched plot twists, and disjointed storylines. And that ending was not new or innovative in the slightest. I understand going for "relatability", but having Convalesce end up pregnant serves nothing besides driving a wedge between Lawrence and Issa. If they wanted a twist, why not have Issa end up being pregnant and address how she'll juggle her new business life and future goals with having a baby?

Falafal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,566 1,008 416
Alleybux
The writer comes across as very defensive in his tone. Dro deserves all the criticism he received. Let’s not forget that Molly has repeatedly turned him down and only acquiesced when he propositioned her in a very vulnerable moment in time (learning about her father’s cheating). He turned a childhood friend into someone he could just fµck around on. If he and his wife want an open marriage, all the power to them, but don’t involve your friends. That’s messy and immature.

CheapCoffee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,872 408 228
Alleybux
It seems like Prentice is dismissive of the audience's perception of the characters. He has a totally different view of them than we do. He seems defensive a lot.

Queen Melissa

Sweet as spice & everything nice
Reaction score
Reactions
25,529 364 88
Alleybux
Absolutely. When he said he was shocked with all the Molly hate, I was like really? Just a few weeks ago he was reading people on Twitter who had any criticism of the show. He has petty gay man energy. I was shocked to find out he has a wife and kids

Yeah he needs to take a chill pill & relax.

CoolWhipBish

"Gotta always top everything"-Emotivist
Reaction score
Reactions
200,157 4,014 169
Alleybux
Molly was also hanging on to Andrew stubbornly. Because she was trying to prove to herself or whoever else that she could. Because once again her best friend threw her not having a stable relationship in her face.

My sis and i said the same thing!

shampoona

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,063 943 79
Alleybux
Spoilers in the title of a thread isn’t cool
Yeah I avoided the net and the sub forum like the plague for a few days until I accidentally saw the thread in the sidebar. I can't even be mad anymore these days...it's become so commonplace that something or someone will spoil it and some don't even realize it. That's our culture of immediacy for you.
dunno.gif

LalaSharp

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
283,667 13,172 1,667
Alleybux
I just started watching the show.
They are saying people don't like Dro because they confuse the person w/ the character. I never heard of real-life Dro and I think it was appropriate for him to be last in the men rankings. Men think saying that - it is what it is - BS clears them of all responsibility for their actions.
Dro should've pulled that sidepiece mess w/ a random not somebody in the same circle.
He used someone who had a well of feelings built up for him & started s-xing when she was extremely vulnerable & at a low point.

I read an interview where the actress and the writers were surprised by the backlash to Molly. They thought people would remember perceived wrong by Issa like Broken P-ssy song & Molly coming thru running interference at the party w/ Daniel & driving Issa home when she thought Lawrence wanted to talk. Yvonne Orji Explains Why Molly Is Not the Villain of Insecure

The actress who plays Condoleeza is probably not ready. She probably got treated like Janay & drew sidora treatment (The game) for messing w/ a favored couple.

Kmissa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,606 302 82
Alleybux
It’s do WILD that people don’t acknowledge issa contribution to the breakdown of her friendship.
This continues to blow my mind. I wonder if those folks haven’t ever rewatched the series.