Quantcast

Insecure Unpopular/Uncommon Opinions Thread

yourstruly1

Ketanji is GOALS!!!
Reaction score
Reactions
226,782 6,745 3,209
Alleybux
Insecure wasn’t a great show. Acting was bad and their was too many ugly people on the show. It was like the black version of Lena Dunham’s girls, way too many average and below average people on screen.

Also, twitter isn’t real life, the ratings for Insecure are Horrible, nobody watches that show, but you wouldn’t be able to tell that from twitter. The finale ratings was some of the lowest of the season. Smh. Only like 200,000 people watched the finale. Those are horrible numbers in TV

Insecure is like Andrew Yang, all social media clout but no pull in real life.

VioletHibiscus

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,612 1,080 162
Alleybux
Insecure wasn’t a great show. Acting was bad and their was too many ugly people on the show. It was like the black version of Lena Dunham’s girls, way too many average and below average people on screen.

Also, twitter isn’t real life, the ratings for Insecure are Horrible, nobody watches that show, but you wouldn’t be able to tell that from twitter. The finale ratings was some of the lowest of the season. Smh. Only like 200,000 people watched the finale. Those are horrible numbers in TV

Thank you!!!!!!!

Shikorina

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,689 1,522 996
Alleybux
1. this season was horribly acted and genuinely awkward.

2. there were no storylines, no development, no pacing, no arc, no realism, no characterisation, no elements of craft.

3. the music was tacky and ghetto.

4. the final episodes were rushed beyond comprehension.

5. they should have left Molly with that beautiful haircut instead of going back to weaves.

6. Lawrence and Issa had nothing to hold onto by the end and so the forged happy ending was very weird.

7. they just exited Nathan stage left as if hi mental health was the problem instead of Issa’s toxic entanglement.

8. where did Kelly’s man and her baby come from?

9. What about Amanda moving to Denver and being isolated? Nothing?

10: season 5 was the most amateur of all the seasons and Black Americans are so desperate for cultural relativism that there’s this latching on to trivial superficiality with a bid to make it seem deep.
Girl as soon as I saw the 1st episode I already knew! I didn’t watch the rest! Very disappointing. Her YouTube Awkward Black Girl show was more compelling.

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux

2. there were no storylines, no development, no pacing, no arc, no realism, no characterisation, no elements of craft.

5. they should have left Molly with that beautiful haircut instead of going back to weaves.

6. Lawrence and Issa had nothing to hold onto by the end and so the forged happy ending was very weird.

7. they just exited Nathan stage left as if hi mental health was the problem instead of Issa’s toxic entanglement.

10: season 5 was the most amateur of all the seasons and Black Americans are so desperate for cultural relativism that there’s this latching on to trivial superficiality with a bid to make it seem deep.
This.

I won’t go too much more into detail with the Lawrence thing BUT you’re right. They had nothing to build their relationship off of after five years a part and seeing each other once in a blue moon.
Issa said she’s willing to find out regarding their relationship. Girl after ten years on and off with this dude you still don’t know???

Even if this is real life for folks it’s toxic as hell! Why would you need to affirm that toxicity on tv when you have the rare opportunity to showcase a healthy partnership from your main dark skin lead?

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
Also, the music supervisor is a white man. Very interesting because I know Solange was the MS for the first season

RussianRed

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,056 775 446
Alleybux
The writers can’t right, Nathan and Issa can’t act….hell Molly too.

Molly's haircut is ugly.

the Twitter/meme references are cringe.

the references to other black shows and self applause is embarrassing because it never measures up.
That haircut was harsh. It did nothing for her. Nathan is one of the worse actors ever

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
That haircut was harsh. It did nothing for her. Nathan is one of the worse actors ever
And he was doing that slow drawl on purpose which I will never understanding. He has a southern accent but he doesn’t normally talk that low and slow. Smh, just awful

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
What?! That’s wild af. I thought Raphael Saadiq was still involved too.
So did I. But they replaced Solange with Raphael Saadi season two and at some point later replaced him with Kier Lehman. Smh!

0BD760DA-73A0-482B-981A-9F6E90F4D783.jpeg

AmusedByIdiocy

Sense and Sensibility
Reaction score
Reactions
222,196 7,128 2,872
Alleybux
Girl as soon as I saw the 1st episode I already knew! I didn’t watch the rest! Very disappointing. Her YouTube Awkward Black Girl show was more compelling.

I said the same from the very first horrible episode, too. But peers begged me to watch and dissect with them. Five seasons later, it’s even worse than that debut indicated it’d be.

People are cheering her having made it to television, but she lost everything in the transition from YouTube…including life behind her eyes, storylines, comedic timing, relatability, intelligence, and actual awkwardness.

unica

dynomite
Reaction score
Reactions
12,604 858 911
Alleybux

I wanted Nathan(where was the chemistry??) and Lawrence gone! They mustve really liked Lawrence because he got a job, got somebody pregnant and got his ex back.

I did not like the butch haircut they gave Molly. Any other way they couldve made it cute.

The show was very vulgar and one note. Did the white people make them keep using the nword all the time and those toddler music this last season?

Wig Snatcher

Men Deserve Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
147,702 3,594 2,488
Alleybux
I wish they got rid of Lawrence after season 1. He was so annoying in season 2. The threesome with the Becky’s was disgusting

Mrs.Smooth

Hateonit
Reaction score
Reactions
310,466 16,713 21,294
Alleybux
I said the same from the very first horrible episode, too. But peers begged me to watch and dissect with them. Five seasons later, it’s even worse than that debut indicated it’d be.

People are cheering her having made it to television, but she lost everything in the transition from YouTube…including life behind her eyes, storylines, comedic timing, relatability, intelligence, and actual awkwardness.
I was saying this in the Barbie thread. She has no business being in that movie. It’s not her lane.

Wig Snatcher

Men Deserve Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
147,702 3,594 2,488
Alleybux
I feel like Issa and condozzela (or whatever her name is) had so much chemistry. I think Lawrence could’ve eventually convinced them to have a threesome. I mean Issa seemed to have a crush on Condo.

Wig Snatcher

Men Deserve Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
147,702 3,594 2,488
Alleybux
Molly gets a lot of undeserved hate and honestly does way more for Issa than the other way around.
I agree. I’m watching now and people blamed Molly a lot but Issa was dead ass wrong a lot of the time. Especially when it came to Condola and how Issa seemed to be kissing her ass while forgetting about Molly. I would’ve pulled away from Issa just like Molly did honestly. I don’t got time for those type of games in friendships.

Wig Snatcher

Men Deserve Nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
147,702 3,594 2,488
Alleybux
Condola manipulated Lawrence into wanting more with her lowkey. Talking about she doesn’t want to get married but wants a family. That’s how she got to be a baby mama. Smdh.

JadaSmith

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
116 14 24
Alleybux

You didn’t find Daniel Attractive?

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,735 21,358 16,214
Alleybux
And He Was Ugly Asf!
I will never understand what black women see in the actor that played Lawrence. Yea he’s tall but he’s not good looking at all. And Issa keeping him on the show when they had 0 chemistry ruined the vibe of the show. She should’ve made her character get with Daniel or find a new man

JadaSmith

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
116 14 24
Alleybux
I will never understand what black women see in the actor that played Lawrence. Yea he’s tall but he’s not good looking at all. And Issa keeping him on the show when they had 0 chemistry ruined the vibe of the show. She should’ve made her character get with Daniel or find a new man
Daniel Was Fine Asf I love Chocolate Men!

JadaSmith

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
116 14 24
Alleybux
The character of Issa is very self-centered and takes no accountability. When Daniel confronted her in S1 I think and he said “You’re not a victim Issa!” He was spot on. He was actually the only person who kept calling Issa out on her bµllsh!t.

I wonder if she’s intentionally written that way or if Issa Rae is writing herself.
THIS!

Daniel saw right through her.

JadaSmith

Starter
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
116 14 24
Alleybux
Tiffany and Kelli weren’t needed Plus the friend group was divided.

YikesDorian

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,697 315 31
Alleybux
Looking back, does anyone think that it was kind of messed up for real-life Issa to put her real friends on blast like that, using their messy lives as inspiration for the TV show? Especially the friend that inspired Molly? She might have changed a few things here and there and claimed it was fiction, but fundamentally, these were her friends that she was exposing

FelaSade

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,171 482 1,216
Alleybux
Andrew was trash. Rude, judgemental, and aggy af. Very dismissive of Molly's feelings. Didn't like him at all. They acted like she was supposed to take his crap cuz he was a catch and non-black? no.

Nathan? Blah. With his slow talking azz.

Last edited:

MissLou

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
53,367 1,775 1,658
Alleybux
I didn't care for the actress that played Molly, she was not very good. She would always overact when she had dramatic scenes.

The actress that played Kelli would do the same, she was always best when she had comedic scenes. I didn't understand her being frantic about her best friend having a baby and the baby stealing her away. I can understand being bummed out that your friend won't have as much free time anymore, but most friends would've been supportive, it came off as they way a 20-year-old would react, not a woman in her early 30s.

The episode with Tiffany disappearing because of possible postpartum depression was weird. If they wanted to address that topic they could've done it in a different way. It seemed like a plot device to simply get Issa and Molly back together.

Didn't care for the Dro Molly affair open marriage plot line. I got the point the writers were making by having her get with him, but the actor wasn't attractive to me, and it went nowhere, it ended with a thud and not a bang. Would've been better if she found off he actually doesn't have an open marriage like he said.

Overall I still think it is a better show than anything else we've gotten like Harlem, Run the World or even Girlfriends.

Looking back, does anyone think that it was kind of messed up for real-life Issa to put her real friends on blast like that, using their messy lives as inspiration for the TV show? Especially the friend that inspired Molly? She might have changed a few things here and there and claimed it was fiction, but fundamentally, these were her friends that she was exposing

I'm pretty sure they are okay with it, otherwise they'd have been drama on the interwebs about it. To add to that, Issa was also exposing herself as flawed, so it's not like she was bashing them.

I wish they got rid of Lawrence after season 1. He was so annoying in season 2. The threesome with the Becky’s was disgusting

I said that in the finale thread. If anything they could've just brought him back for the final season, if they really wanted him to be the person Issa ends up with. I didn't care for his storyline.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,735 21,358 16,214
Alleybux
I didn't care for the actress that played Molly, she was not very good. She would always overact when she had dramatic scenes.

The actress that played Kelli would do the same, she was always best when she had comedic scenes. I didn't understand her being frantic about her best friend having a baby and the baby stealing her away. I can understand being bummed out that your friend won't have as much free time anymore, but most friends would've been supportive, it came off as they way a 20-year-old would react, not a woman in her early 30s.

The episode with Tiffany disappearing because of possible postpartum depression was weird. If they wanted to address that topic they could've done it in a different way. It seemed like a plot device to simply get Issa and Molly back together.

Didn't care for the Dro Molly affair open marriage plot line. I got the point the writers were making by having her get with him, but the actor wasn't attractive to me, and it went nowhere, it ended with a thud and not a bang. Would've been better if she found off he actually doesn't have an open marriage like he said.

Overall I still think it is a better show than anything else we've gotten like Harlem, Run the World or even Girlfriends.

I'm pretty sure they are okay with it, otherwise they'd have been drama on the interwebs about it. To add to that, Issa was also exposing herself as flawed, so it's not like she was bashing them.

I said that in the finale thread. If anything they could've just brought him back for the final season, if they really wanted him to be the person Issa ends up with. I didn't care for his storyline.
Better than girlfriends?
IMG_0351.gif
This show was utter trash, most only watched because of it being a black show. And wanting it to succeed.

Catitude

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,937 1,166 847
Alleybux
I can't see Issa & Molly getting all that male attention in L.A. of all places. Maybe they'd be considered hotter in East St. Louis or Camden, NJ.

Tasha > the rest of the female characters. She was more feminine, prettier & sweeter than the others.

Lauren London may have played Tiffany, LOL.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom