Alleybux

GlamChick

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
43,370 709 794
Alleybux
Sorry I had to bump this up.

I did not know you was doing drama. I hope you are talking about cdrama, kdrama, or jdrama.

850,000 followers where she make a good 10 to 20 grand a month for ads.

They changed my title lol... if ya know ya know. Anyways, I was asked to update you all on ALL my income not just my Instagram $$$.

The Breakdown

1. My background - my instagram journey; how I scaled

2. $100K? - how I cleared six figures this year + how I felt

3. Selling my old pages - why + how much I made from them

4. My personal brand - why I refuse to be a social media “guru”

5. Working with me - continuing to help people monetize their socials

6. Why continue training - a breakdown of my ulterior motives + end goal

WARNING: This is a 15-minute read

My background

Previous thread (May 2020) I've Made Over $20K During Quarantine .... Ask Me Anything!

I started my instagram accounts back in August 2019. I had a total of 10 monetized accounts at my peak. Months ago, I sold off my 10 pages (we’ll get to that later). I had a combined following of over 1M + used my pages to generate money outside of the app. In my last post, I shared my earnings of almost $50k nine months from starting my first instagram theme page. If you still don’t understand how I was generating cash, here’s a video that does a good job at explaining what a theme page is:

I always get asked two questions:

1. How many streams of income do you have?

2. How much time do you spend working?

The answers to both those questions have changed recently. I used to work every day for at least 8hrs. I had 11 streams of income at a point. I ended up going back to school + dropping a lot of those projects. Here’s what I still have going:

Ad Space. $1.5k - $2k monthly

Since selling my original accounts, I have grown + monetized 3 new pages. My customer base ranges from small businesses to influencers/other theme pages.

Time obligation: 5-6 hours/week

Music PR. $2k - $4k monthly

I help music artists get their songs plugged by TikTokers, get placements on large YT channels, viral compilation videos, instagram music pages, etc. I assist them in other areas, but mainly marketing. My earnings here range a lot. The fixed fee they pay is just to cover my hourly/calls. I also add on a 25-30% connection fee to whatever the influencers charge. I have access to people they couldn’t reach on their own so it’s justifiable.

Instagram Flipping. $2.5k - $3k monthly

I buy pre-existing instagrams for low, grow them exponentially, and resell them for high. I have the most control over what I make doing this. I resell a fixed # of accounts every other week.

Time obligation: 5 hours/week

Consulting. $500 - $1K monthly

I work with business owners on marketing + branding. Specifically instagram shops that drop ship, whether it be clothing, hair, candles, etc. This varies a lot month to month + I only take on 1 or 2 clients a month. This does not account for any money I make teaching people how to grow/monetize on insta. That represents such a small portion of my income I don’t even count it.

Time obligation: 2-3 hours/week

I do earn money passively from other things (i.e. reselling sneakers/bags) but I don’t spend hours a week on it.

I work about 30 hours a week. 10 hours on Sunday (content creation day), 5 hours M-Th. To be at full productivity, I want to be working 50 hours a week. Believe it or not, I have a lot of idle time where I’m wasting my morning away watching YouTube videos or staring at twitter. I prefer to be busy.

$100K?

I cleared $100K around July when I began selling off my pages. Even without selling the pages, I would’ve cleared this by December for sure. This is probably the scariest thing that I’ve ever been through mentally. I was convinced that once I hit the 6-figure mark, the IRS would show up outside my front door. I just knew there’d be something I forgot to do, some paperwork I didn’t file/submit, some catch to all of this. I was (and still am) afraid of taxes, instagram randomly deleting my accounts, getting hacked, getting robbed, etc.

So far... so good. Bank of America has been a big help in guiding me through all this. The biggest lesson in this all is that your bank needs to be your best friend. Call them for no reason! Go IN the branch, by appointment preferably. DONT GIVE THEM ANY REASON TO THINK YOU ARE MAKING YOUR MONEY ILLEGITIMATELY. They need to understand EXACTLY what you do!!!!! Inquire about the programs they offer for small business/business clients in general. Seem interested in having them as involved as possible in your business decisions. Seek an advisor once you’re making $3k+ a month bc you should be taking advantage of more than a little money market account by that point.

Anyways, let’s hop into the juicy stuff~

Selling my old pages

I had a combined following of 1.16M across all my pages. I ended up selling most of them separately, netting about $43,000. It’s nothing to gasp at considering the amount of taxes that’s going to be sucked away from me. But I know y’all are here for the numbers, so I’m going to share the follower count of each page, content category, and what I made after fees.

289K - beauty - $9,999 (sold off-site, if I charged over 10K PayPal would’ve frozen my account )

202K - relatable - $8K

135K - music - $4.8K

111K - beauty - $3K

93K - fashion - $3.5K (sold off-site)

84K - fitness - $3.2K

81K - drama - $5K

64K - music - $2.8K

58K - luxury - $1.2K

52K - relatable - $1K

Understand that I was not only new to selling large pages, but also very impatient. I wanted the pages off my hands quickly, so I didn’t wait for the “right” deals. Knowing what I know now, I could’ve gotten over $100K for all my pages. You should usually hold out until you can get 5-10%+ of your following (i.e. $2.5k for a 50K page) assuming your engagement isn’t ass. I would’ve gotten AT LEAST $58K by this math. Let me emphasize once more—I didn’t know any better.

I do have to report + will be taxed on all these earnings. This was another thing I was dreading. Reselling pages is also not exactly on the up-and-up, so I did have to hire help to figure out how to report these earnings.

So why did I sell them?

1. The time, energy, and patience it takes to run 10 pages by yourself is indescribable. I was exhausted 24/7 trying to create, bookkeep, reply to emails/DM’s, hunt down influencers, etc.

2. I no longer dreamt of hiring anyone or starting an agency. I obviously needed help to continue pumping out content like that. After doing research, I just didn’t feel it was worth it to go thru the process of finding the right partners.

3. I had already scaled my pages to the point where I was making income outside of selling ads

My personal brand

So I trained 45 people before I decided that I needed to restructure what I was doing. People were happy with the monetization program, but I didn’t see how it fit into my life. I was making less money + it took up too much time. Mind you, I was doing this while I still had all my pages. Tbh, it was ultimately bringing me down a path that wasn’t for me.

My clients kept telling me to go mainstream + offer my training to randoms. That got me to do some research on the other people selling social media training + similar services.

This led me down the rabbit hole to a plethora of these “social media gurus”.. Their deal is basically to pretend to be super accomplished to sell a course. It kind of ruined it for me. I don’t want to belong to this group of people. I don’t see myself ever marketing myself as an “industry expert”. It just comes off wrong no matter what. “Make money in your sleep” / “Get off your ass and iNvEsT in yourself” / “How I got a Luxury Car at 21 (Vlog)”. I have never seen anyone tastefully market themselves in this space.

I want people to find me on their own. My preference is to work with people whose friends told them about me. The thought of pitching someone on the fact that I can make them money will never sound right to me. I swear the whole MLM forex thing, femininity coaching, scam culture makes it impossible for me to consider doing this on a large scale. This information is not for just anybody. I cannot sell a readymade course or a one-size-fits-all e-book on this topic. Every case is unique + I’m not going to lie and say anyone can do what I do. That’s ultimately the lie these gurus pitch.

The truth is, the people who do that shouldn’t have time to do all this stuff if they’re actually putting in work like they say they are.

Working with me

I will continue training people, but I’m keeping it close + personal.

I won’t be offering my original course anymore. It was only initiated as a case study program to test if I could help people monetize from scratch. The answer is YES I can, but it was taking too long. Longer than most are willing to keep at it lol. I also worked with a few people who just weren’t cut out for this. Now, I’m doing a lot of the groundwork to avoid that + I’ve fast tracked the entire process.

The program is optimized for speed. Promo from large pages is built into the cost. If you want to take the risk, I’m even open to selling one of the pages I’ve grown on my own directly to my clients (instead of random Indian resellers). The slots will be limited to 10 per month.

Who I can help

• anyone interested in running multiple pages selling ad space

• anyone interested in putting in the time to grow a page to earn passive income from it + sell it

• anyone interested in putting in the time to grow a page to earn passive income from it + plug their own original product/service (hair, clothing brand, fitness plan, youtube channel)

Prerequisites: (1) good grasp on basic spelling + grammar, (2) experience posting on instagram, (3) ability to follow direction/learn quickly, (4) a minimum of 10 hours a week to dedicate to your page

Who I cannot help

If I don’t wholeheartedly believe you can do this entire journey, I do not want your money or time. If you don’t seem to have a knack for creating cohesive, legible content once we start—I will refund you. If you’ve never used instagram before, we cannot work together.

If you don’t read anything else, read this.

Excelling in the theme page market is about being a convincing “personality” + believing the ends justify the means no matter what.

If you would feel “weird” about infiltrating a demographic that you don’t identify with, you probably can’t handle the study. You need to go into this thinking like a colonizer. You’re essentially going undercover within a community, studying + mimicking their leaders, capitalizing off their culture, stealing their impressionable followers, then switching over to do what it is you actually want to.

Now do you see why I believe black women can be *excellent* in this market? We know firsthand what it’s like to have people come in, profit from our culture + pass it off as theirs, while being seen as “better” at it than us. This is a chance to learn from the other side.

Why continue training?

It’s personal for me. The business of ad space/running profitable theme pages is dominated by white men. My goal is to introduce black women to this space + teach you all how to prosper by essentially using digital whiteface. This is something I’m going to be doing until there is no instagram anymore. I want like-minded people involved.

If you don’t buy that—that’s because it’s not the whole story (n)

Introducing you all to this space gives me competitive leverage. I’m trying to monopolize multiple niches + the more people I put in the game, the more power I have to control the rates I can demand for ad space.

giphy.gif

That’s pretty much it y’all. You have the floor to ask questions, I’ll be back to answer them today. Thanks to anyone I’ve worked with thus far. Without you all, I would not be this far along in my journey. I’ve learned so much about the platform through training you. Bless.

Nelly Gh

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I would love to join if spots are available please

ladyray

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
719 3 7
Alleybux
op, I'd love to join if possible.

Please and thank you!

Sleets

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,966 407 668
Alleybux
Still interested and willing to pay if it comes to it. You seem very genuine and thorough

MajesticLife

Beautiful Everything
Reaction score
Reactions
50,834 1,817 334
Alleybux
They changed my title lol... if ya know ya know. Anyways, I was asked to update you all on ALL my income not just my Instagram $$$.

The Breakdown

My background

Previous thread (May 2020) I've Made Over $20K During Quarantine .... Ask Me Anything!

I started my instagram accounts back in August 2019. I had a total of 10 monetized accounts at my peak. Months ago, I sold off my 10 pages (we’ll get to that later). I had a combined following of over 1M + used my pages to generate money outside of the app. In my last post, I shared my earnings of almost $50k nine months from starting my first instagram theme page. If you still don’t understand how I was generating cash, here’s a video that does a good job at explaining what a theme page is:

The answers to both those questions have changed recently. I used to work every day for at least 8hrs. I had 11 streams of income at a point. I ended up going back to school + dropping a lot of those projects. Here’s what I still have going:

Since selling my original accounts, I have grown + monetized 3 new pages. My customer base ranges from small businesses to influencers/other theme pages.

I help music artists get their songs plugged by TikTokers, get placements on large YT channels, viral compilation videos, instagram music pages, etc. I assist them in other areas, but mainly marketing. My earnings here range a lot. The fixed fee they pay is just to cover my hourly/calls. I also add on a 25-30% connection fee to whatever the influencers charge. I have access to people they couldn’t reach on their own so it’s justifiable.

I buy pre-existing instagrams for low, grow them exponentially, and resell them for high. I have the most control over what I make doing this. I resell a fixed # of accounts every other week.

I work with business owners on marketing + branding. Specifically instagram shops that drop ship, whether it be clothing, hair, candles, etc. This varies a lot month to month + I only take on 1 or 2 clients a month. This does not account for any money I make teaching people how to grow/monetize on insta. That represents such a small portion of my income I don’t even count it.

I do earn money passively from other things (i.e. reselling sneakers/bags) but I don’t spend hours a week on it.

I work about 30 hours a week. 10 hours on Sunday (content creation day), 5 hours M-Th. To be at full productivity, I want to be working 50 hours a week. Believe it or not, I have a lot of idle time where I’m wasting my morning away watching YouTube videos or staring at twitter. I prefer to be busy.

$100K?

I cleared $100K around July when I began selling off my pages. Even without selling the pages, I would’ve cleared this by December for sure. This is probably the scariest thing that I’ve ever been through mentally. I was convinced that once I hit the 6-figure mark, the IRS would show up outside my front door. I just knew there’d be something I forgot to do, some paperwork I didn’t file/submit, some catch to all of this. I was (and still am) afraid of taxes, instagram randomly deleting my accounts, getting hacked, getting robbed, etc.

So far... so good. Bank of America has been a big help in guiding me through all this. The biggest lesson in this all is that your bank needs to be your best friend. Call them for no reason! Go IN the branch, by appointment preferably. DONT GIVE THEM ANY REASON TO THINK YOU ARE MAKING YOUR MONEY ILLEGITIMATELY. They need to understand EXACTLY what you do!!!!! Inquire about the programs they offer for small business/business clients in general. Seem interested in having them as involved as possible in your business decisions. Seek an advisor once you’re making $3k+ a month bc you should be taking advantage of more than a little money market account by that point.

Selling my old pages

I had a combined following of 1.16M across all my pages. I ended up selling most of them separately, netting about $43,000. It’s nothing to gasp at considering the amount of taxes that’s going to be sucked away from me. But I know y’all are here for the numbers, so I’m going to share the follower count of each page, content category, and what I made after fees.

289K - beauty - $9,999 (sold off-site, if I charged over 10K PayPal would’ve frozen my account )

202K - relatable - $8K

135K - music - $4.8K

111K - beauty - $3K

84K - fitness - $3.2K

81K - drama - $5K

64K - music - $2.8K

58K - luxury - $1.2K

52K - relatable - $1K

Understand that I was not only new to selling large pages, but also very impatient. I wanted the pages off my hands quickly, so I didn’t wait for the “right” deals. Knowing what I know now, I could’ve gotten over $100K for all my pages. You should usually hold out until you can get 5-10%+ of your following (i.e. $2.5k for a 50K page) assuming your engagement isn’t ass. I would’ve gotten AT LEAST $58K by this math. Let me emphasize once more—I didn’t know any better.

I do have to report + will be taxed on all these earnings. This was another thing I was dreading. Reselling pages is also not exactly on the up-and-up, so I did have to hire help to figure out how to report these earnings.

So why did I sell them?

1. The time, energy, and patience it takes to run 10 pages by yourself is indescribable. I was exhausted 24/7 trying to create, bookkeep, reply to emails/DM’s, hunt down influencers, etc.

2. I no longer dreamt of hiring anyone or starting an agency. I obviously needed help to continue pumping out content like that. After doing research, I just didn’t feel it was worth it to go thru the process of finding the right partners.

3. I had already scaled my pages to the point where I was making income outside of selling ads

My personal brand

So I trained 45 people before I decided that I needed to restructure what I was doing. People were happy with the monetization program, but I didn’t see how it fit into my life. I was making less money + it took up too much time. Mind you, I was doing this while I still had all my pages. Tbh, it was ultimately bringing me down a path that wasn’t for me.

My clients kept telling me to go mainstream + offer my training to randoms. That got me to do some research on the other people selling social media training + similar services.

This led me down the rabbit hole to a plethora of these “social media gurus”.. Their deal is basically to pretend to be super accomplished to sell a course. It kind of ruined it for me. I don’t want to belong to this group of people. I don’t see myself ever marketing myself as an “industry expert”. It just comes off wrong no matter what. “Make money in your sleep” / “Get off your ass and iNvEsT in yourself” / “How I got a Luxury Car at 21 (Vlog)”. I have never seen anyone tastefully market themselves in this space.

I want people to find me on their own. My preference is to work with people whose friends told them about me. The thought of pitching someone on the fact that I can make them money will never sound right to me. I swear the whole MLM forex thing, femininity coaching, scam culture makes it impossible for me to consider doing this on a large scale. This information is not for just anybody. I cannot sell a readymade course or a one-size-fits-all e-book on this topic. Every case is unique + I’m not going to lie and say anyone can do what I do. That’s ultimately the lie these gurus pitch.

The truth is, the people who do that shouldn’t have time to do all this stuff if they’re actually putting in work like they say they are.

Working with me

I won’t be offering my original course anymore. It was only initiated as a case study program to test if I could help people monetize from scratch. The answer is YES I can, but it was taking too long. Longer than most are willing to keep at it lol. I also worked with a few people who just weren’t cut out for this. Now, I’m doing a lot of the groundwork to avoid that + I’ve fast tracked the entire process.

The program is optimized for speed. Promo from large pages is built into the cost. If you want to take the risk, I’m even open to selling one of the pages I’ve grown on my own directly to my clients (instead of random Indian resellers). The slots will be limited to 10 per month.

Who I can help

• anyone interested in putting in the time to grow a page to earn passive income from it + sell it

• anyone interested in putting in the time to grow a page to earn passive income from it + plug their own original product/service (hair, clothing brand, fitness plan, youtube channel)

Prerequisites: (1) good grasp on basic spelling + grammar, (2) experience posting on instagram, (3) ability to follow direction/learn quickly, (4) a minimum of 10 hours a week to dedicate to your page

Who I cannot help

If I don’t wholeheartedly believe you can do this entire journey, I do not want your money or time. If you don’t seem to have a knack for creating cohesive, legible content once we start—I will refund you. If you’ve never used instagram before, we cannot work together.

Excelling in the theme page market is about being a convincing “personality” + believing the ends justify the means no matter what.

If you would feel “weird” about infiltrating a demographic that you don’t identify with, you probably can’t handle the study. You need to go into this thinking like a colonizer. You’re essentially going undercover within a community, studying + mimicking their leaders, capitalizing off their culture, stealing their impressionable followers, then switching over to do what it is you actually want to.

Now do you see why I believe black women can be excellent in this market? We know firsthand what it’s like to have people come in, profit from our culture + pass it off as theirs, while being seen as “better” at it than us. This is a chance to learn from the other side.

Why continue training?

It’s personal for me. The business of ad space/running profitable theme pages is dominated by white men. My goal is to introduce black women to this space + teach you all how to prosper by essentially using digital whiteface. This is something I’m going to be doing until there is no instagram anymore. I want like-minded people involved.

Introducing you all to this space gives me competitive leverage. I’m trying to monopolize multiple niches + the more people I put in the game, the more power I have to control the rates I can demand for ad space.

giphy.gif

That’s pretty much it y’all. You have the floor to ask questions, I’ll be back to answer them today. Thanks to anyone I’ve worked with thus far. Without you all, I would not be this far along in my journey. I’ve learned so much about the platform through training you. Bless.

Also***
@ anyone that I have previously worked with that didn’t complete their journey bc of personal issues, lack of time/inspiration, or struggles with solo content creation—PLEASE reach out to me. I am willing to set aside time to do free extensions + assemble a group chat where the ladies who finished can offer advice.
There were 44 of you, and only ~20 made it thru to the end. It eats me up, I don’t want that for y’all. PM me asap. I’ll buy you lunch at the very least

You can just PM me + I’ll add you to my group board :love
1. It depends on the buyer. I’d mention in the listing that the page is already monetized as a selling point. I ask if they want to rebrand the page or continue on + go from there. A couple of the buyers haven’t even posted anything new on the pages + it’s been months.
2. If you mean the pages that say “100k+ accounts for sale” then yeah probably. There are platforms specifically for selling ig accounts. Most independent sellers sell bot accounts. There has to be some sort of legit check/quality control + escrow in this process.

So much helpful information, thank you.

sxnikki

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
I know I’m late but if your still offering courses could you add me to the group as well OP

moonieque

Moonunivers
Reaction score
Reactions
3,526 89 61
Alleybux
Girlll,

I wish ! I worked a lot on my project, but I lack money to market. I feel like 24h a day is not enough for what I'm doing chile.
I'm trying to find a job to compensate.
I'm a bit discouraged to be honest. Pray for me y'alll.

And congrats OP !

BishWhat

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
4,016 277 84
Alleybux

The Breakdown

My background

$100K?

Selling my old pages

202K - relatable - $8K

135K - music - $4.8K

111K - beauty - $3K

84K - fitness - $3.2K

81K - drama - $5K

64K - music - $2.8K

58K - luxury - $1.2K

52K - relatable - $1K

So why did I sell them?

My personal brand

Working with me

Who I can help

Who I cannot help

Now do you see why I believe black women can be excellent in this market? We know firsthand what it’s like to have people come in, profit from our culture + pass it off as theirs, while being seen as “better” at it than us. This is a chance to learn from the other side.

Why continue training?

giphy.gif

Hi I need some help

jacekkc

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,690 22
Alleybux
Very interested if you’re still offering courses.

L84AD8

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,352 612 657
Alleybux
Not sure if OP is doing this anymore. @letsgetsloppy are you still growing theme pages? Were you able to turn your coaching into a course for purchase?

Last edited:

internetsweetie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,284 304 299
Alleybux

The Breakdown

My background

$100K?

Selling my old pages

202K - relatable - $8K

135K - music - $4.8K

111K - beauty - $3K

84K - fitness - $3.2K

81K - drama - $5K

64K - music - $2.8K

58K - luxury - $1.2K

52K - relatable - $1K

So why did I sell them?

My personal brand

Working with me

Who I can help

Who I cannot help

Why continue training?

giphy.gif

interesting

Reaction score
Reactions
2,403 129 84
Alleybux
Miss @letsgetsloppy you were online today yet you ignore us in your own thread are you too busy? Or did you ignore the thread what’s going on, we want to have an update if possible or even if it’s not possible just say so

Thank you

Reaction score
Reactions
14,023 681 643
Alleybux
Late comer but I am very much interested. Ps. add me to the board. Thanks.
Not sure if OP is doing this anymore. @letsgetsloppy are you still growing theme pages? Were you able to turn your coaching into a course for purchase?
Curious too^

Hi! Instagram is dead you guys, the course ended in 2021—I’m sorry. I’ve been helping ladies build + leverage TikTok to start businesses. Instagram is on its last breath, TikTok is legitimately the only viable option if you’d like to make anywhere near the $1-8K me and my girls were making/month during the instagram era. Pinterest is another option, however I’m not the expert for that.

If you are interested in growing on TikTok, my PM is open.

moongoddess

wild. woman
Reaction score
Reactions
34,419 2,023 411
Alleybux
Hi! Instagram is dead you guys, the course ended in 2021—I’m sorry. I’ve been helping ladies build + leverage TikTok to start businesses. Instagram is on its last breath, TikTok is legitimately the only viable option if you’d like to make anywhere near the $1-8K me and my girls were making/month during the instagram era. Pinterest is another option, however I’m not the expert for that.

If you are interested in growing on TikTok, my PM is open.
I checked this thread just to see if you would say this. So glad I did, I thought it was just me. Instagram is truly dead!

yeayea112

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,149 31 13
Alleybux
O no! So instgram is dead! How do we go clear on TikTok? Some of my videos get 0 views, it’s crazy!