Quantcast

IRS insists there are no problems with checks as Americans claim they are sent to the wrong account

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,014 274,540 8,222
Alleybux
IRS insists there are no problems with delivery of $1,200 stimulus checks as Americans claim they are being sent to the wrong accounts and claim banks are withholding payments if they are overdrawn
  • The IRS system for dishing out stimulus checks designed to help Americans financially impacted by the coronavirus pandemic has been plagued with issues
  • Thousands claim checks have been sent to accounts that don't belong to them
  • Several banks are pocketing the funds if the customers' accounts are overdrawn
  • Parents are missing out on the $500 check for their dependent children
  • Americans who use popular online tax preparation services such as TurboTax say they have been left out of the payment run
  • The IRS continues to insist there are no problems
  • Americans started receiving checks and the online portal launched Wednesday
  • Within hours, frustrated taxpayers took to social media to blast the tool, saying the site was crashing or couldn't find their details
  • Several complained they got a message saying: 'Payment Status Not Available' sparking fears they have been missed off or deemed ineligible
  • Hundreds told how checks were being paid into dead relatives' accounts
The IRS has insisted there are no problems with the delivery of the $1,200 stimulus checks, while thousands of Americans claim they are being sent to the wrong accounts and say banks are pocketing the much-needed funds if they are overdrawn.

Parents of young children have reported missing out on the $500 check for their dependent children and Americans who use popular online tax preparation services such as H&R Block, TurboTax and Jackson Hewitt say they have been left out of the payment run.

The latest fiasco in the emergency coronavirus payments comes after the system went into meltdown yesterday - the day the first Americans started receiving their checks and the online portal launched.

Desperate taxpayers voiced outrage as the website kept crashing, many were told they may not be eligible for a dime and bereaved relatives were traumatized by blunders that meant checks were sent to people who have been dead for years, while thousands in dire need of money received nothing.

27278266-8226249-image-a-16_1587054236698.jpg

27278268-8226249-image-a-17_1587054240382.jpg

27278264-8226249-image-a-18_1587054243604.jpg

27279310-8226249-image-m-27_1587054314243.jpg

Desperate Americans took to social media to complain after their much-needed $1,200 stimulus checks have been sent to the wrong accounts

But amid the ongoing saga, the IRS has continued to insist there are no problems with the process, congratulating itself on Twitter that the payments have been made 'on schedule, as planned and without delay'.

Thousands of people have now discovered that their deposits have been sent to the wrong bank accounts.

Americans expecting the financial boost on Wednesday were left confused as their bank accounts lay empty.

When they checked the online portal, many found the cash was sent to a bank account that doesn't belong to them.

Aimme Saldana, a warehouse worker in California, told USA Today that the digits of the bank account her money has been sent to do not match any account she owns.

'I was so confused,' she said. 'I don't know where they got that number from. I lost two weeks of pay because I was sick. I was depending on that for my car payment.'

Chris Rodriguez, a contractor in Michigan, said he was baffled to discover the same mistake was made with his payment, given he has been using the same bank account for almost a decade.

'You're jubilant because you've been waiting to get that money. And you look down and the bank account number is not even close,' Rodriguez told USA Today.

'Because the IRS isn't taking calls, I'm more or less dead in the water.'

Social media has been flooded with similar reports, as the mistake could prove costly for the millions of Americans out of work amid the pandemic.

New figures from the Labor Department Thursday showed another 5.2 million people filed for first-time unemployment claims in the last week ending April 11 meaning a staggering 22 million people are now out of work due to the coronavirus pandemic.

One distraught taxpayer posted on social media: 'great my stimulus check got sent to the wrong bank account I cannot find any information on how to even talk to the IRS about this issue now it looks like I'm just s*** out of luck great I really needed this money.'

Another simply Tweeted: '@ the irs sent my stimulus check to the wrong bank account... mental breakdown.'

27279004-8226249-image-a-26_1587054279095.jpg

On Wednesday the first Americans started receiving their checks and the online portal launched but the system has been plagued with issues at a time when Americans are in desperate need of money

'The @irs sent my boyfriends stimulus check to the WRONG bank account number. When we FINALLY got ahold of someone at the irs, they literally that there is no one trained on handling stimulus information. Let's see if @RepDLambornoffice can help?,' posted another.

Social media users are blasting the IRS urging the agency to come clean that the system has fallen into chaos.

'The IRS is sending Stimulus Checks to the wrong bank accounts and people who are Dead! My 70 year old Father is receiving Social Security benefits by Direct Deposit! NO PENDING TRANSACTIONS! Why doesn't the IRS just admit it! We F***ed Up !!' one person Tweeted.

However, despite the agency being inundated with tweets about the issue, an IRS spokesperson told USA TODAY they hadn't heard anything about stimulus checks being deposited into the wrong bank accounts.

In a Twitter post on Wednesday afternoon, the agency even congratulated itself over the service, triggering a backlash from outraged taxpayers.

'Thanks to hard work and long hours by dedicated #IRS employees, Economic Impact Payments are going out on schedule, as planned, without delay, to the nation. The IRS employees are delivering these payments in record time. #COVIDreliefIRS,' the post read.

The IRS did not immediately return DailyMail.com's request for comment.

Concerning reports have also surfaced that some banks are pocketing the emergency money if customer accounts are overdrawn.

Some banks are putting the $1,200 deposits toward negative balances in customer accounts, meaning already broke taxpayers are still left without a dime, the New York Times reported Thursday.

One Minneapolis woman told the Times that the $2,400 check sent to her and her disabled veteran husband - that they desperately need to pay rent and feed their infant daughter - had disappeared because their USAA account was overdrawn.

In South Carolina, Safe Federal Credit Union kept the entire $1,200 stimulus payment sent to one man because his account was $2,650 in the red.

27278274-8226249-image-m-28_1587054635255.jpg

27278262-8226249-image-m-29_1587054672826.jpg

27278270-8226249-Concerning_reports_have_also_surfaced_that_some_banks_are_pocket-m-30_1587054688943.jpg

Concerning reports have also surfaced that some banks are pocketing the emergency money if customer accounts are overdrawn

Democrat candidate for Texas Mike Siegel blasted the process on social media, as banks are being propped up by the emergency funds meant to help the American public.

'Absolutely obscene. A violation of every ounce of trust the people have in Congress. This money is for food, medicine, housing. The essentials of life,' he Tweeted.

'If private banks want to collect debts from our stimulus checks, we need to rethink banking.'

One social media user said: 'So it's yet another corporate bail out. Great.'

Another person posted: 'Banks win again: those $1,200 checks heading to your account? Banks can siphon off any amount you might owe them.'

Americans reportedly have no legal right to demand the money back from their banks, The American Prospect reported this week, marking a major blow for many households that lost their jobs almost a month ago when states began going into lockdown.

The first lockdown was issued on March 20 in California, meaning people impacted by the first bout of layoffs have already waited almost a month for federal aid to kick in - no doubt racking up debt and becoming overdrawn on their bank accounts in the process.

The three banking giants JPMorgan Chase, Wells Fargo and Bank of America have all publicly pledged that they will not collect the money for negative balances.

Parents of dependent children are also out of pocket because the IRS has missed off the $500 payments designed for every child under 17, according to the Washington Post.

27278282-8226249-image-a-25_1587054273396.jpg

Despite the series of blunders the IRS continues to insist that there are no problems and even congratulated itself over the service

Several parents say they received a $1,200 payment for a single head of household or a $2,400 check for a couple but have not been given the $500 promised for each child.

Meanwhile, experts and social media users have spotted a worrying trend among the several million people across the US who file their taxes using popular online services including H&R Block, TurboTax and Jackson Hewitt.

Customers raised the alarm on social media that the payments they were expecting Wednesday did not materialize, raising growing fears that they will face hefty delays because the IRS does not have their direct deposit information on file.

Consumer law expert Vijay Raghavan told the Post that the IRS does not have these people’s direct deposit information on file if they received an advance on their tax refund from these service companies.

This could impact around 21 million taxpayers, he warned.

IRS and Treasury officials told The Post they were aware of the issues and were working to fix them.

The latest issues come hot on the heels of a series of complaints raised Wednesday - the day the payments began being deposited in American's accounts and the IRS's online tool launch to help Americans track their checks launched.

27229360-8222261-A_sample_check_is_pictured_Trump_s_move_has_sparked_allegations_-a-12_1586987297840.jpg

A sample check is pictured: The federal aid package for Americans has been plagued with issues over the last 24 hours

Hundreds of stimulus checks are sent to people who have been dead for years

While Americans on the breadline reported their bank accounts still sitting empty, hundreds of people on social media spoke out about checks being paid into dead relatives accounts.

'Deceased people are receiving stimulus checks today. My grandmother passed away in 2018 — and $1,200 was deposited in her bank account today,' one person posted on Twitter Wednesday.

US Representative Thomas Massie posted a photo of a text from a friend which read: 'Dad got his stimulus check of $1200. He died in [redacted] 2018. Does he have to spend it online?'

In at least two cases in South Carolina, the IRS sent checks to people who died months ago.

27240438-8222261-image-a-39_1586984152197.jpg

27240442-8222261-image-a-38_1586984144715.jpg

27239588-8222261-image-a-37_1586983269228.jpg

People have spoken out on social media about checks being paid into dead relatives accounts

Two separate bereaved relatives told Fits News that checks had arrived for their dead family members.

'My father-in-law died just before Christmas last year,' one person said, noting that the man's bank account had received the $1,200 boost from the government.

Meanwhile, one woman said a check had landed into her mother's account - who died around Thanksgiving.

'I can't believe all deceased people would get a check!' she told Fit News.

Widows and widowers are reporting payments for two checks - one for them and one for their deceased partners.

Alongside the emotional toll that the blunder is taking, questions are being asked over whether they have to return the payments.

'My mom got two stimulus checks (one for her the other for my dad who is deceased). He passed in 2018 and she hasn't filed single yet on 2019's taxes. Long story short, does she have to give that extra $1200 back?' one person Tweeted.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
659,014 274,540 8,222
Alleybux
Online tracker crashed within hours of launch and taxpayers get error message raising fears they have been incorrectly missed off payments or deemed ineligible

Frustrated taxpayers took to social media Wednesday to blast the highly-anticipated tracker, reporting that the site was crashing or telling them that it couldn't find their details.

The online tracker Get My Payment was finally launched Wednesday but taxpayers cited a series of glitches with the tool.

Several social media posts complained of the site crashing as they tried to find out when they will receive the cash injection.

'The IRS 'Get my Payment' site keeps going down for technical difficulty,' one person posted on Twitter, adding that there was 'no way to contact IRS on the site'.

Other Twitter users said they had managed to access the site and fill in their details but the tool then could find no information about their checks.

Several complained that they are getting a message saying: 'Payment Status Not Available. According to information that we have on file, we cannot determine your eligibility for a payment at this time.'

The message has sparked mounting concerns that some people have been missed out of the stimulus package or may have been incorrectly deemed ineligible.

One person Tweeted: 'Did anyone else NOT get their #Stimulusdeposit and then receive this message when they checked they status on the IRS site?'

Many people responded to the Tweet saying they have faced the same issue.

27230962-8222261-image-a-9_1586967778768.jpg

Others told how the site has crashed under the demand but there is no other way of contacting the IRS

27230960-8222261-image-m-6_1586967081362.jpg

The Internal Revenue Service's online tool set up so that hard-hit Americans can track their much-needed stimulus checks has gone into meltdown just hours after it launched, with several getting a message saying: 'Payment Status Not Available'

'Same here and I just got my small 2019 tax refund yesterday deposited in my bank acct as I am single, make way below the guideline, just deposited my 2019 refund into my bank acct so wtf!!!,' one person posted.

Another told how she had been out of work for weeks and was left in tears over fears she is not receiving the check and still has no money.

'Same!! WTH? I cried and cried. I've been out of work and out of money for weeks already. I don't understand. I should qualify too,' they Tweeted.

Another person slammed the tool a 'joke'.

'Yo @IRSnews your get my payment site is a joke,' they Tweeted.

'Don't launch something that's not going to work for 95% of the people trying to use it.'

One person Tweeted: 'Hey @IRS and @realDonaldTrump gimme my money u clowns.'

27230960-8222261-image-m-39_1586970428457.jpg

27231794-8222261-image-m-42_1586970460956.jpg

27231788-8222261-image-m-41_1586970448434.jpg

27231800-8222261-image-a-7_1586987297505.jpg

27231806-8222261-The_message_has_sparked_mounting_concerns_that_some_people_have_-a-3_1586987297342.jpg

The message has sparked mounting concerns that some people have been missed out of the stimulus package or may have been incorrectly deemed ineligible

People in most need miss out on first payments while President Trump reportedly delays handouts so he can get his name printed on checks

People in desperate need of the funds have also slammed the system over when the checks are paid, after they have been missed out of the first payment run.

One person Tweeted that they have not received their check despite losing their job while people still in paid employment have been among the first to get them.

'Everyone I know who still has a well-paying job received their stimulus check today. Meanwhile, I haven't worked in an entire month and this is what the government has for me. #Stimulusdeposit #Stimuluscheck #IRSDirectDeposit,' they posted.

One user simply said: 'Me checking my bank account for the 100th time seeing that it still ain't been stimulated #Stimulusdeposit' alongside a meme of a fist-shaking.

Some luckier people told how they have seen the payments hit their accounts.

'I got my Democratic Party stimulus today. Thanks to all the Democrats who stood up for us to make sure we got something. We appreciate your hard work! #Stimulusdeposit #Stimuluscheck Keep working hard for the people!,' one happy person Tweeted.

But even some of the people who have received payments have complained that the value has been incorrectly calculated.

However, as well as the reported technical issues with the online portal, millions are also allegedly facing delays due to the president's insistence his name is branded on the checks.

27230964-8222261-image-a-4_1586987297344.jpg

27232206-8222261-image-a-6_1586987297454.jpg

27231802-8222261-People_in_desperate_need_of_the_funds_have_also_slammed_the_syst-a-5_1586987297448.jpg

People in desperate need of the funds have also slammed the system over when the checks are paid, after they have been missed out of the first payment run

27231790-8222261-image-a-2_1586987297334.jpg

27232208-8222261-Some_luckier_people_have_started_receiving_their_payments_but_th-a-8_1586987297675.jpg

Some luckier people have started receiving their payments but there are claims that the payments have been incorrectly calculated

Citing administration officials, the Washington Post reported earlier this week that the Treasury Department has ordered Trump's name be printed on the checks, slowing their delivery by several days.

The president had reportedly first privately suggested to Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin, who oversees the IRS, that he formally sign the checks.

But the president is not an authorized signer for legal disbursements by the Treasury and so the request was denied.

Instead, the checks will carry the signature of an official with the Bureau of the Fiscal Service, the Treasury Department division that prints the checks, and Trump's name will be printed on them.

The report drew allegations that Trump is trying to use the stimulus checks to boost his re-election bid, by giving voters the impression that he is personally responsible for the relief payments.

The White House and the Treasury Department did not immediately respond to requests for comment.

IRS explains why you may get 'status not available' message

In situations where payment status is not available, the app will respond with 'Status Not Available'. The IRS reminds users you may receive this message for one of the following reasons:
  • If you are not eligible for a payment (see IRS.gov on who is eligible and who is not eligible)
  • If you are required to file a tax return and have not filed in tax year 2018 or 2019.
  • If you recently filed your return or provided information through Non-Filers: Enter Your Payment Info on IRS.gov. Your payment status will be updated when processing is completed.
  • If you are a SSA or RRB Form 1099 recipient, SSI or VA benefit recipient – the IRS is working with your agency to issue your payment; your information is not available in this app yet.
Source: irs.gov

Where's my check?

To track the stimulus payments, the IRS made its tracking tool available on Wednesday.

Users must enter a Social Security number, date of birth and mailing address in order to track their payment.

The site will respond with a payment status, type and requests for more information, including bank account details, if needed.

Americans who filed their 2018 and 2019 taxes, as well as the lowest earners, should be among the first to receive their checks, the IRS has said, reports CNN.

People who haven't been required to file a return for those two years will likely have to enter additional information online.

Social Security recipients will also receive their payments first.

Aside from the potential for delays because of the president's request to have his signature on the checks, millions of Americans also may not see their payment sooner because they didn't authorize direct deposit.

The Treasury has set up its own new web portal, where updated information can be entered.

27230966-8222261-To_track_the_stimulus_payments_the_IRS_made_its_tracking_tool_av-a-1_1586987296927.jpg

To track the stimulus payments, the IRS made its tracking tool available on Wednesday

What else can I do if I don't get my check

The Get My Payment tool will allow taxpayers to input their bank account information so they can receive their payment electronically, as opposed to a paper check that might take weeks, or even months.

Low-income earners who did not make more than $12,200 last year or married couples who did not earn more than $24,400, and who do not normally file tax returns will have to take several actions to get their payments.

Most will be able to provide the required information with the new online tool, which is very 'very straightforward, and likely much faster, than requiring non-filers to fill out and submit a tax form,' Erica York, an economist at the Tax Foundation, tells CNN.

Alerting those persons is the challenge, especially for those who do not have access to the internet, she said.

IRS insists there are no problems with checks as Americans claim they are sent to the wrong accounts | Daily Mail Online

Catalyst

Queen of Icy- Duchess of Drip
Reaction score
Reactions
133,222 1,551 710
Alleybux
This is fµcked up.

BUTTTTTT at the same time, the overdraft thing kinda has me blowed, just because there's people with $1200 overdrawn (pre-pandemic, I mean) bank accounts?!? Banks let you overdraft that much of an amount?!

And of COURSE the bank is going to run that if it's deposited, that's what they do when anything is deposited and your balance is in the negative.

But to have your whole stimulus check sopped up like a biscuit has to be awful :cry

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
We are in really bad place if checks for $1200 cause such an uproar. People are really crashing the site and making angry tweets within 24 hours. Lord help us

Villaness

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,643 2,085 64
Alleybux
I did my taxes with H&R Block, I guess that’s why I don’t have my money. I should have known this would be a sh!t show.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
bµllsh!t. I literally just put all my information in and they are saying my information is not VALID (I paid taxes and don't have debt) and now I am kicked off the portal for 24 hours.

THE STANDARD

GTFO!
Reaction score
Reactions
263,457 7,011 6,890
Alleybux
“Other Twitter users said they had managed to access the site and fill in their details but the tool then could find no information about their checks“
IndolentSelfassuredAiredale-size_restricted.gif

This whole rollout has been utterly STUPID!

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
I filed with Turbo tax online and did not pay a penny. I had my refund in early Feb. I bank with BoA and got my stimulus check Wednesday at 2am. No problem whatsoever. What is so hard about this process? If you owe your bank money then they will take it if you deposit any money in that account. Who would use an overdrawn account anyway? I had a Wells Fargo account last year. They allowed companies to take money automatically without my consent and my acct was overdrawn by 2k. They will never see that money. I quickly opened up my BoA acct and used that when I did my 2019 taxes. I feel like some people didn’t have their sh!t in order. If you let somebody claim your kids it’s your own fault you didn’t get the extra $500. If you filed late you have to wait. All of this is not the IRS fault.

EvanReece

In These Streetz
Reaction score
Reactions
112,096 2,814 881
Alleybux
I received my check yesterday and was surprised because I thought they had tiered the delivery of the checks based on some criteria.

Trump outta his Kentucky fried mind if he thinks this money is going back into the economy anytime soon. Time to start saving for the next emergency exacerbated by the government's negligence and loyalty to capitalism.

We are in really bad place if checks for $1200 cause such an uproar. People are really crashing the site and making angry tweets within 24 hours. Lord help us
You thought everybody was paying every bill on time and had a rainy day fund ready to go if they got laid off?

That $1200 (or more) check is keeping countless people afloat. Why wouldn't there be outrage?

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,519 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
This is fµcked up.

BUTTTTTT at the same time, the overdraft thing kinda has me blowed, just because there's people with $1200 overdrawn (pre-pandemic, I mean) bank accounts?!? Banks let you overdraft that much of an amount?!

And of COURSE the bank is going to run that if it's deposited, that's what they do when anything is deposited and your balance is in the negative.

But to have your whole stimulus check sopped up like a biscuit has to be awful :cry

This! If your account is overdrawn of course they will take it.

I'm just shocked people's accounts are overdrawn hundreds of dollars already. My credit card wouldn't even let me miss a payment without auto-declining me. I missed one and they didn't send me a message, they just said no more credit for you. I cannot imagine a debt card letting you get into more debt.

Meenah

~~~~~~Where The Money Reside~~~~~~
Reaction score
Reactions
243,225 3,811 905
Alleybux
I did taxes for several people using turbo tax and the fee was taken out of the return. I believe the refund is sent to turbo tax, they deduct their fee, then turbo tax deposits into the filers account. There was mixed information on what would happen. They all received direct deposits into their accounts from the IRS. I'd be curious what happened with people complaining about Turbo Tax.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
You thought everybody was paying every bill on time and had a rainy day fund ready to go if they got laid off?

That $1200 (or more) check is keeping countless people afloat. Why wouldn't there be outrage?

No, but what this has taught me, if anything it’s that I need step my game up. Can we acknowledge that we need to do better? I don’t think that having a month of expenses saved is too much to accomplish. Even putting aside something small, like 20 dollars a check can give you some kind of stash.

After this you won’t catch me crying and begging the government for a check. I really want to not care if I receive it or not. I need to save, I need to invest, I need to BUY something. I’m taking notes and making changes as we speak.

EvanReece

In These Streetz
Reaction score
Reactions
112,096 2,814 881
Alleybux
No, but what this has taught me, if anything it’s that I need step my game up. Can we acknowledge that we need to do better? I don’t think that having a month of expenses saved is too much to accomplish. Even putting aside something small, like 20 dollars a check can give you some kind of stash.

After this you won’t catch me crying and begging the government for a check. I really want to not care if I receive it or not. I need to save, I need to invest, I need to BUY something. I’m taking notes and making changes as we speak.
I hear you. Financial literacy is something I have been struggling with over the past couple of years and I'm just now handling things the way I (think I) should.

At the same time, the economic disparity and cost of living in this country, on top of the issue of healthcare, make it hard on a lot of people, especially those with children. Unfortunately, I don't think people's desire to save and be more frugal will match up to reality post-lockdown.

manny

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
319,062 19,574 2,903
Alleybux
This is fµcked up.

I never knew you could open another bank account if you had a previous bank acct in the negative elsewhere?So these negative account stories with previous banks stories are surprising me....

When I worked at a bank,years and years ago(Maryland National).Chex system ran ya banking history an was telling peeps on the spot if they were eligible for an account....if you were in negative at other banking institutions. You were denied.....

When did that change?Whoa

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
I filed with Turbo tax online and did not pay a penny. I had my refund in early Feb. I bank with BoA and got my stimulus check Wednesday at 2am. No problem whatsoever. What is so hard about this process? If you owe your bank money then they will take it if you deposit any money in that account. Who would use an overdrawn account anyway? I had a Wells Fargo account last year. They allowed companies to take money automatically without my consent and my acct was overdrawn by 2k. They will never see that money. I quickly opened up my BoA acct and used that when I did my 2019 taxes. I feel like some people didn’t have their sh!t in order. If you let somebody claim your kids it’s your own fault you didn’t get the extra $500. If you filed late you have to wait. All of this is not the IRS fault.
You are doing hella projecting. There are people that did everything right and still don’t have anything. And can’t even get status or an opportunity to fix their info on that janky ass tool.

Filing “late”? How can you file late when the deadline is extended? They made it clear that they will use your 2018 info if you haven’t filed yet

And what do you mean “use” an overdrafted account? Obviously it wasn’t overdrafted at the time. Anyone could have filed, received their refund and have a currently overdrafted their account. The issue is that the IRS gave no opportunity for people to verify their info. Dead people are getting checks, money is being deposited into closed accounts. This sh!t is broken. This is why I have no plans of depending on something like this to survive financially.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
I never knew you could open another bank account if you had a previous bank acct in the negative elsewhere?So these negative account stories with previous banks stories are surprising me....

When I worked at a bank,years and years ago(Maryland National).Chex system ran ya banking history an was telling peeps on the spot if they were eligible for an account....if you were in negative at other banking institutions. You were denied.....

I was thinking the same thing. They definitely run your credit and check your history. I don’t see how they allowed a new account to be open when the other had a negative balance.

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
You are doing hella projecting. There are people that did everything right and still don’t have anything. And can’t even get status or an opportunity to fix their info on that janky ass tool.

Filing “late”? How can you file late when the deadline is extended? They made it clear that they will use your 2018 info if you haven’t filed yet

And what do you mean “use” an overdrafted account? Obviously it wasn’t overdrafted at the time. Anyone could have filed, received their refund and have a currently overdrafted their account. The issue is that the IRS gave no opportunity for people to verify their info. Dead people are getting checks, money is being deposited into closed accounts. This sh!t is broken. This is why I have no plans of depending on something like this to survive financially.

Idc. I got my check.

35A2AB27-4B4B-4D82-A1C1-E43B14110B16.jpeg

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,519 6,659 3,637
Alleybux

So you have an account overdrawn and think they not gonna get their money. You must be young cos you do realize you give them your social security number. Your credit score ... yikes.

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
So you have an account overdrawn and think they not gonna get their money. You must be young cos you do realize you give them your social security number.

How lol. The account is closed. It’s been a year. I have my tax refund and stimulus. The most they can do is send me to collections. Collections = they will never see it. My credit is fine btw.

TDiva

Chicago Demon
Reaction score
Reactions
279,054 6,444 4,267
Alleybux
This! If your account is overdrawn of course they will take it.

I'm just shocked people's accounts are overdrawn hundreds of dollars already. My credit card wouldn't even let me miss a payment without auto-declining me. I missed one and they didn't send me a message, they just said no more credit for you. I cannot imagine a debt card letting you get into more debt.

I read an article last month. A lot of people purposefully overdrew their accounts last month to get supplies before shut down.

I read about some #FFFFFF lady in CA with over $1000 overdraft because they bought food or whatever.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,319 209 108
Alleybux
“Other Twitter users said they had managed to access the site and fill in their details but the tool then could find no information about their checks“
IndolentSelfassuredAiredale-size_restricted.gif

This whole rollout has been utterly STUPID!

Those users probably just filled out the form recently but, isn't that a normal thing to not have "where's my refund" information right away? To my knowledge (from what I've pretty much figured out). Those who got/did their W2's earlier this year, are first priority and received their refund on the 15th. Those who were non-filers and used the tool will probably get there refund in the next wave.

Also, just because you get an email that says "refund accepted" doesn't mean you already have a date. It basically means your stuff is still processing. That's my basic understanding anyway.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,519 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
How lol. The account is closed. It’s been a year. I have my tax refund and stimulus. The most they can do is send me to collections. Collections = they will never see it.

Collections or sue you.

Your credit must be sh!t. The fact that you aren't worried about being in collections means ... yikes. Your credit is important, but you will regret all this in the future. You must be real young thinking that's cute.

LegalizeRanch

Plato was right.
Reaction score
Reactions
64,989 1,277 245
Alleybux
A Ph.D. candidate in our lab said they received the $1200 this morning, keeping in mind that they're international and here on a visa. Insane. I admit I have some FOMO for not getting one, but I should be thankful I am dodging a bullet not having to wade into the chaos.

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
Collections or sue you.

Your credit must be sh!t. The fact that you aren't worried about being in collections means ... yikes. Your credit is important, but you will regret all this in the future. You must be real young thinking that's cute.

Ok but where in anything about my situation does it concern you lol. Just because you think you know me doesn’t mean I have to confirm your weird ass scenarios. Whatever you picture me as I will be just for you lol.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
How lol. The account is closed. It’s been a year. I have my tax refund and stimulus. The most they can do is send me to collections. Collections = they will never see it. My credit is fine btw.

Yikes! So you don’t know that collection = bad credit?
Thanks! Wouldn’t you love to see it lol.

LOL no. I don’t qualify for a stimulus check but go off.

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
Yikes! So you don’t know that collection = bad credit?

LOL no. I don’t qualify for a stimulus check but go off.

Then why would you love to be in a position where you don’t qualify? Y’all really are weird.

0F0839D3-892E-4B16-8EDD-A5BF090350FA.jpeg

DevynDanielle

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,318 1,375 59
Alleybux

Is Chex instantaneous? Like you’re overdrawn, and it’s reported the next day. There may be a lag, where you can apply for a new account before overdrafts hit Chexsystems. Also, some banks use Early Warning system, or just pull your credit report instead of Chexsystems.

AwareNTired

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
162,051 6,627 3,386
Alleybux
I did my taxes with H&R Block, I guess that’s why I don’t have my money. I should have known this would be a sh!t show.
Same. I used H&R Block and I owed the IRS in 2018, so I guess I'm getting a paper check mailed to the wrong address based off my 2018 returns. H&R Block still hasn't filed my 2019 taxes though I took it to them 4 weeks ago. ANGRY.

farideh

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
205 2 13
Alleybux
Anyone on social security disability get their stimulus check? I didnt get one..I work part time and have not filed my taxes yet...could that be the reason...I just assumed they would you the info they have from my social security disability?
any info would be helpful

Caramelskin

80’s baby ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
179,580 7,139 3,462
Alleybux

When your out of a job YES it is a big deal to some.

I haven’t gotten mines yet but thank God I still have my job. So I understand if I was in that position I maybe on edge as well.

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
When your out of a job YES it is a big deal to some.

I haven’t gotten mines yet but thank God I still have my job. So I understand if I was in that position I maybe on edge as well.

I get it. I really meant more-so that the system has failed us in multiple ways.

LVandGLOSS

Grit + Grace
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
12,963 15 8
Alleybux
LOL. a post on a message board doesn’t expose the intricacies of my financial situation. You did a whole lot of searching just to find that. Happy to know I’m on your mind.

Not a whole lot. Just clicked on your messages and scrolled down lol. Stop making it seem like I stalked you. Liar.

And if a post on this board doesn’t expose true finances why are you so worried about mine?

Rev Pstation

FREE DONALD TRUMP LOCK JOE BIDEN UP
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
21,466 3,933 16,088
Alleybux
the only sources they have for this article is from random people tweeting on twitter? they didn't actually interview anyone to figure out how this happened? what a joke "journalism" has become

Jazlyn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
76,957 1,785 973
Alleybux
Not a whole lot. Just clicked on your messages and scrolled down lol. Stop making it seem like I stalked you. Liar.

And if a post on this board doesn’t expose true finances why are you so worried about mine?
Only a stalker would go through someones posts in an effort to “expose “ them. And I air quote on purpose, I can’t see myself being worried about the financial situation of someone bragging about leaving a bank account in the negative and letting it go to collections.