Quantcast

Is a Prenup offensive?

Dorothy Zbornak

Talented Tenth
Reaction score
Reactions
62,279 1,420 1,085
Alleybux
But all those things can be put into the prenup. Custody, ugliness with rumors, bringing new romances or mistresses/misters (i don't know what you call the men) around the kids...it can all be addressed with whatever consequences you see fit.

Lol and all those things can be contested. It doesnt matter what pre nup you sign, you can still go to the courts for custody, and in the process of gaining custody, the mudslinging begins. The rumours too.

The Gate

holding down the set
Reaction score
Reactions
2,893 71 62
Alleybux
I'm interested to know the responses if the women were making more than the men, would a prenup be offensive.

scott free

RIP Akira Toriyama
Reaction score
Reactions
25,585 1,400 2,785
Alleybux
It doesn't offend me but I wouldn't sign one. There are no airtight prenups and if a person wants to fight, they can.

trinisha

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
497 4 1
Alleybux
Not offensive to me but if the marriage does not work out I believe both parties should be fair in their dealings. If children are involved then separate arrangements MUST be made to ensure their maintenance.

Naturally2012

Living in Original Intent
Reaction score
Reactions
162 6 23
Alleybux
If you were with someone and you both claim to completely trust and love each other but that person had a lot more money than you would you be offended if after you got engaged they asked for a prenup?
signing-contract-bw.gif

Not at all...as long as it has stipulations:

• Any funds, etc. he had before we became engaged is his, [same for me]
  • Any funds we accumulate after the engagement is ours and will be divided equally if divorce is amicable, [if someone is unfaithful, then 2/3 goes to the offended party]!
  • We could opt to burn the agreement after a certain time. Magic J. burned his on their 1 year anniversary.

mochamajesty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,797 1 1
Alleybux
People in here acting like it's totally impossible for people to change and turn vindictive for whatever reason. I've seen people go through divorces and literally become another person. Emotional trauma (from any life experience) can cause people to lose their minds. You can't predict those things.

Are prenups romantic? No, but then marrying for love is a relatively new concept anyway.

Gentle Soul

Pure Heart
Reaction score
Reactions
187 3 9
Alleybux
Well it's hard to say because on one hand if you really trust someone and willing to marry them then why would you need a prenup. It seems like people do get that marriage is suppose to last til death do them part. Anyways on the other hand people can be spiteful. When someone's hurt they can be be pretty nasty. So overall I guess it depends on your relationship. I for one hope that when(if) I get married I hope a prenup won't be needed. I would hope that we would have even respect, trust and obviously love for each other not to try and sabotage the other.

THE BlackAudrey

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,671 1,062 1,194
Alleybux
They aren't offensive at all. Ladies, just ensure that what you want is in there as well. If he wants to protect his assets and you came in without as much as he did (or nothing), that's absolutely fair. However be sure you protect your assets too (the very least of which is time).

Get a fidelity clause in there, so you protect your child bearing years from an unfaithful man. Get a "stay at home mom" clause, so you protect your future after him from decisions you made for his/the family's benefit during the marriage. And so on. Just secure your self in the same way he is. You both have every right if you are going to go down the pre-nup lane.

Mr Potato Head

Stick it to me
Reaction score
Reactions
302 4 39
Alleybux
They aren't offensive at all. Ladies, just ensure that what you want is in there as well. If he wants to protect his assets and you came in without as much as he did (or nothing), that's absolutely fair. However be sure you protect your assets too (the very least of which is time).

Get a fidelity clause in there, so you protect your child bearing years from an unfaithful man. Get a "stay at home mom" clause, so you protect your future after him from decisions you made for his/the family's benefit during the marriage. And so on. Just secure your self in the same way he is. You both have every right if you are going to go down the pre-nup lane.
marriage = contract...literally I guess.

fµck that sh!t IMO.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

Moionfire

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,272 202 177
Alleybux

I agree with the bolded. I don't understand when people get upset when stay at home mothers ask for alimony. They sabotaged their work history and skills to support the husband. She deserves to be compensated.

Dorothy Zbornak

Talented Tenth
Reaction score
Reactions
62,279 1,420 1,085
Alleybux
What people dont understand is that prenups were made BY lawyers because lawyers are the ONLY ones who truly benefit from them. ALL prenups can be contested and in the end, you WILL always be paying the lawyers. They are the ones who make money off a divorce 10/10

To put stipulations, and clauses in a prenup is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard. A stay at home mom clause? a infedility clause? What next a forgot my bday/anniversary clause? Good lord, just dont get marrid if you have all these stipulations and such:eyeroll:

Quate

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
437 6 8
Alleybux
Hell no. I am not rich but I would ask my SO to sign one just because. My mom and my ex laughed at me when I told them my views on the subject but I don't care.

Quate

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
437 6 8
Alleybux

Quoted because like is not enough!!

Brenda Leigh

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,788 170 28
Alleybux
It is, but I understand why people with money want them. My feelings would be hurt though.