Quantcast
  • Don't post about your friends here. Post issues with your friends on the Front Porch.

Is anyone else choosing not to tell their mother 'happy mother's day'

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,655 495,014 222,891
Alleybux
Earlier this year I was finally able to move out of my mother's house. Today is mother's day and I have no plan on calling, visiting, or even texting.

-She has stolen thousands of dollars from me over the years. when I got my first job at 16 I had to add her to my bank account since I was a minor. One day I tried to put gas in my car and my card got declined. Call the bank, found out she had been making random transactions without my permission and that day withdrew my entire account and closed it. No, she has never deposited a dollar in there for me. All my earnings from work

- When my dad would call to talk to me when I was younger she would tell him I wasnt here and hung up. When he came to pick me up she would physically stop me from leaving the house. Eventually he did get me my own cellphone.

-When I started going through puberty at age 11 she accused me of being a prostitute and sleeping with neighbors and family members. On school days, she would wake me up at 2am in the morning and ask if I was sleeping with her husband (my stepfather) and threaten me. Tried to come in the bathroom while I was showering. For years I wasnt allowed to be anywhere in the house except my bedroom. She locked me in at night.

- When I bought things for myself like makeup, cute clothes, heels, she threw them away. I had to get a locked suitcase to save anything I have

-She has called me a b*tch and cussed me out plenty of times to my face.

- I was 12 or 13 and was in the living room, just watching tv after school, and she just launched herself at me and was physically fighting and punching me.

-When I began to get low self esteem as a teen and neglect myself and gained some weight, mostly from dealing with her sht, she laughed at me and said I carried myself like an old fata*s woman and that she looks better than me

-Told me she wishes she had an abortion, found me in the dumpster, and the only reason she did the bare minimum was so she wouldnt go to jail.

I have decided to go no contact. I will not call her today for mother's day.

W I L L O W

Not home yet
Reaction score
Reactions
241,906 11,077 2,903
Alleybux
Not my mom but my grandma. Lady has been super nice cause she knows mothers day was around the corner BUT before that she was being treacherous. Through my mom, she expects gifts or something as well. I'm buying my mom a nice dinner, but someone else is gonna have to pay for my grandma. I'm not doing it.

cheerie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,961 449 668
Alleybux
Earlier this year I was finally able to move out of my mother's house. Today is mother's day and I have no plan on calling, visiting, or even texting.

-She has stolen thousands of dollars from me over the years. when I got my first job at 16 I had to add her to my bank account since I was a minor. One day I tried to put gas in my car and my card got declined. Call the bank, found out she had been making random transactions without my permission and that day withdrew my entire account and closed it. No, she has never deposited a dollar in there for me. All my earnings from work

- When my dad would call to talk to me when I was younger she would tell him I wasnt here and hung up. When he came to pick me up she would physically stop me from leaving the house. Eventually he did get me my own cellphone.

-When I started going through puberty at age 11 she accused me of being a prostitute and sleeping with neighbors and family members. On school days, she would wake me up at 2am in the morning and ask if I was sleeping with her husband (my stepfather) and threaten me. Tried to come in the bathroom while I was showering. For years I wasnt allowed to be anywhere in the house except my bedroom. She locked me in at night.

- When I bought things for myself like makeup, cute clothes, heels, she threw them away. I had to get a locked suitcase to save anything I have

-She has called me a b*tch and cussed me out plenty of times to my face.

- I was 12 or 13 and was in the living room, just watching tv after school, and she just launched herself at me and was physically fighting and punching me.

-When I began to get low self esteem as a teen and neglect myself and gained some weight, mostly from dealing with her sht, she laughed at me and said I carried myself like an old fata*s woman and that she looks better than me

-Told me she wishes she had an abortion, found me in the dumpster, and the only reason she did the bare minimum was so she wouldnt go to jail.

I have decided to go no contact. I will not call her today for mother's day.
Completely understandable, and you are not obligated to elevate her simply for giving birth. However, I hope you have this same energy (or lack of) on Father’s Day. He sounds very lacking in the good parent department as well.

Last edited:

Ashlyan

I'm not telling you
Reaction score
Reactions
23,132 1,162 396
Alleybux
I just texted her instead. She chooses violence every time. Her birthday was lasy week and I called and she was not appreciative. I told her I would like to give her a gift and she declined. You know how many times that I cried to my therapist that I want my mommy. I never had one. She was too selfish, stuck in herself and her depression. Why have kids if you don't want to parent?

IreadTea247

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
863 76 57
Alleybux
I’m not telling my mother...unfortunately I had to let her go because she was just too toxic and manipulative.

Writerdie18

I'm the problem, it's me
Reaction score
Reactions
63,186 3,197 679
Alleybux
I'm not. Haven't spoken with my mother in almost 4 years and plan on keeping it that way.

Dre22Era

Tired Black Man
Reaction score
Reactions
116,874 8,663 4,079
Alleybux
My son's mom ain't getting one this year
Mood
6yeZr5I.png

Archive Wife

I don’t cop clothes, I cop pieces.
Reaction score
Reactions
8,089 330 88
Alleybux
i’m not…. she was a great mother and i used to go hard. but she’s on drugs now as of 2-3 years ago and she’s just not the same. :-(

ive lost respect for her amongst a whole bunch else. she is just no longer a woman worth acknowledging on this day.

and if if i wanted to, who knows if the number i have for her even works.