Quantcast

Is Chivalry Not Being Taught In The Black Community?

ildergreier

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,740 3,963 8,835
Alleybux
well, in the past i've had guys take me out and then try and ask me if i wanted to split the bill.

them: so did you want to split the check?
me:
tenor.gif

men are very responsive to this look. this hasn't happened often but when it did, they quickly readjusted their strategy and tried to clean it up "oh i was just checking! some women don't like when men pay hehehe". (both times, i got this exact response). men will try anything and they will get away with whatever you allow them to.

I really hope they didn't become a boyfriend of yours because neither men didn't like you enough to want to use money on you in the first place. Then it is not useful to try the eyes on them.

Flat Batty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,578 383 1,806
Alleybux
Chivalry is an outdated mode of behaviour.

We live in the age of feminism and equality.
You should not expect special priveledges like chivalry simply for having a vagina instead of a penis.

I will hold a door for anyone behind me. I will give up my seat if you are elderly or disabled regardless of gender.

Thankfully more men now realise that being chivalrous and a traditional man is a waste of their time and resources.

Chivalry is dying or dead.
Cause of death..Feminism.

Veyonce Poulain

fine fine fi-fine fi-fine fine fine
Reaction score
Reactions
152,904 2,752 2,114
Alleybux
I really hope they didn't become a boyfriend of yours because neither men didn't like you enough to want to use money on you in the first place. Then it is not useful to try the eyes on them.

i'm 32, this happened in my early 20s. i've ghosted a lot of guys in my day, i have no idea what became of either of these men. lmao

but you're right though, this isn't anything i'd ever deal with now, but even back then---whether they wanted to or not, i wasn't gonna sit there while they tried to play me and make me pay to waste time with them. men will get away with whatever we let them get away with.

Veyonce Poulain

fine fine fi-fine fi-fine fine fine
Reaction score
Reactions
152,904 2,752 2,114
Alleybux
You think black women as a whole could demand that men do better,and then these same black men would just straigten up for us?
i don't really care what black men as a whole do, just what they do where i am concerned, and neither should you. like i said at first, i don't even believe that chivalry is dead with black men. black men have been way more "gentlemanly" overall, in my experience. i don't entertain shitheads once i see that they're shitheads, because i know better.

women have started to normalize and accept cheap ass, lazy ass, ill-mannered behavior instead of rejecting and abandoning it. we shouldn't have to worry about them straightening up, first sign of bµllsh!t---just bounce. yeah chivalry is dead if you date bums, willfully! (not you personally, in general) so yeah, you can and absolutely should demand they do better if you're gonna be entertaining some poo butt ***** long term. if women ain't gonna leave these ****** in the dust then stop complaining.

I think most men would end up just paying for xes or will go to other races of women(they already are). Or stay single.
well, again, these are not the men that i would concern myself with one way or another so i don't care about any of that. ya know?

Men do not straighten up in anticipation of vagina.

They straighten up on their own will.
they sure don't if they act like assholes and women accept it. why would they? lol

you don't have to give up the cooch to every man you meet. i'm simply talking about checking a man (that you are choosing to spend time with) when/if you feel he's not doing right by you at whatever stage. i'm not saying you need to be cracking a whip and trying to train up a man who may not be worth your time but again, if you choose to entertain a lazy loser type---then you get a lazy loser type. **shrug**

Stormy_Weather

“You Bit**es Ain’t Humble Enough”
Reaction score
Reactions
478,235 8,519 2,296
Alleybux
(Black) Men will do those things for a woman that they feel is worth it. I can honestly say that I’ve never had a problem with a Black American man being “chivalrous” on a date. Generally they see how you carry yourself and what your expectations are and they act accordingly. If you come off as the type who they can finesse then trust, they will try you

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,084 2,011 143
Alleybux
Basically, I spent like 3 hrs on the phone with my friend last night. She's from the Bahamas. Backstory, she moved to the US when she was 17, and we're both in our 30s. She was venting/complaining to me how back home, dating men wasn't difficult and complicated....like it wasn't hard to meet someone who would take you out or buy you lunch/dinner if they were interested. She thought that when she came to America, she'd have her pick of guy...like it would be guys galore lining up and she'd just pick one (LOL, I guess reality settled in). And she's coming to the realization that it's much more difficult to find a quality guy (or more specifically, a quality black guy) in America who are willing to do simple things like gee I don't know....actually take you out on a date. She says that if she's being asked out on a date (one that includes a simple dinner/movie) it's usually by a black man who isn't American (or wasn't raised here through most of his youth) or a non-black man.

It made me look at my own experiences, and truth be told....throughout my teens and 20s, I actually never went on a lot of real dates.....or the dates were incredibly half-assed. Do you think there is some truth to what she's saying? Or maybe it is just our individual experiences?

She told no lies.

That said, everything boils down to culture, and here in America, American black men primarily subscribe to the street/hood/rap music culture for everything from dress code all the way to treating women. This is a cultural ingrained problem so men who are 55 are doing exactly what the young boys are doing at 15.

It's an unwritten rule book that they all follow because if they deviate they will get picked on and made fun of just for being different. I have seen it with my own eyes where a young black man will treat a woman nicely out in public only for his friends to pick on him that he was so nice.

The gist of street rules with women:

• Always be in a position to take advantage of women from pimping them out to moving in with them and using them for free food and rent.

• Never let a woman live off you or support her. You will be considered a sucker for doing that.

• Treat women like crap and xes objects.

• Don't pay for dinners or dates. Netflix and chill exclusively.

• Never take responsibility for the children you have even if your a black man of means.

• If a woman is White, Spanish or Blasian/Asian treat her like gold and kiss the ground she walks on. She can do no wrong.

Majorty of American black men would actually be much better off seeing prostitutes but that's another story.....

Last edited:

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,084 2,011 143
Alleybux
i was in my early 20s when "b!tches ain't sh!t" came out and even with that, men took women out on dates.

Yea, but different era. Back then going out on a date was actually fun and cheap. A date in the old days was taking a girl to McDonalds in a old beat up bucket then hitting up the roller skating rink.

Mrs.Smooth

Hateonit
Reaction score
Reactions
310,238 16,674 21,229
Alleybux
She told no lies.

That said, everything boils down to culture, and here in America, American black men primarily subscribe to the street/hood/rap music culture for everything from dress code all the way to treating women. This is a cultural ingrained problem so men who are 55 are doing exactly what the young boys are doing at 15.

It's an unwritten rule book that they all follow because if they deviate they will get picked on and made fun of just for being different. I have seen it with my own eyes where a young black man will treat a woman nicely out in public only for his friends to pick on him that he was so nice.

The gist of street rules with women:

• Always be in a position to take advantage of women from pimping them out to moving in with them and using them for free food and rent.

• Never let a woman live off you or support her. You will be considered a sucker for doing that.

• Treat women like crap and xes objects.

• Don't pay for dinners or dates. Netflix and chill exclusively.

• Never take responsibility for the children you have even if your a black man of means.

• If a woman is White, Spanish or Blasian/Asian treat her like gold and kiss the ground she walks on. She can do no wrong.

Majorty of American black men would actually be much better off seeing prostitutes but that's another story.....

But like I mentioned before....they actually don't treat other races of women better, we just THINK or ASSUME they do. I got some stories for days from my non-black friends that would make your head spin.

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,084 2,011 143
Alleybux
Yeah but the other groups settle down.

Other groups may settle down but they get married and divorce numerous times throughout their lifetimes.

White families like to paint the picture that they're so happy and perfect with their 3 kids, dog, and perfect house in the suburbs but behind closed doors many can't stand each other and can't wait until their kids leave the house for good or their spouse dies to get the insurance money.

Purplesquash01

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
5,084 2,011 143
Alleybux
But like I mentioned before....they actually don't treat other races of women better, we just THINK or ASSUME they do. I got some stories for days from my non-black friends that would make your head spin.

I believe you. I know a few white girls who have been left single mothers by black men.

Rhett

LSA's full-raised well-raised bastid is TransLion
Reaction score
Reactions
89,574 6,200 5,146
Alleybux
Too many women letting these dudes do the bare minimum. Stop allowing house dates.

@ the first sentence, just want to change women to mothers, all the while her sons and daughters are learning from what they see her do and the men do.

Sommie789

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,714 4,906 3,868
Alleybux
Other groups may settle down but they get married and divorce numerous times throughout their lifetimes.

White families like to paint the picture that they're so happy with there 3 kids, dog, and perfect house in the suburbs but behind closed doors many can't stand each other and can't wait until their kids leave the house for good or their spouse dies to get the insurance money.
Marriage is not easy but single parenthood is one of the biggest problem in the community.
There are too many kids who are unwanted and unloved.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,943 27 4
Alleybux
Basically, I spent like 3 hrs on the phone with my friend last night. She's from the Bahamas. Backstory, she moved to the US when she was 17, and we're both in our 30s. She was venting/complaining to me how back home, dating men wasn't difficult and complicated....like it wasn't hard to meet someone who would take you out or buy you lunch/dinner if they were interested. She thought that when she came to America, she'd have her pick of guy...like it would be guys galore lining up and she'd just pick one (LOL, I guess reality settled in). And she's coming to the realization that it's much more difficult to find a quality guy (or more specifically, a quality black guy) in America who are willing to do simple things like gee I don't know....actually take you out on a date. She says that if she's being asked out on a date (one that includes a simple dinner/movie) it's usually by a black man who isn't American (or wasn't raised here through most of his youth) or a non-black man.

It made me look at my own experiences, and truth be told....throughout my teens and 20s, I actually never went on a lot of real dates.....or the dates were incredibly half-assed. Do you think there is some truth to what she's saying? Or maybe it is just our individual experiences?
Chivalry is being taught in my house! My son knows if I come through the door with bags...yep come grab them all! I don’t take out the trash unless he is out on vacation at his grandparents not donI wash dishes since I cook. He takes the dog out and open doors. Both parents are involved DAILY. I would hope women with single households teach young men how to be at least responsible. My son can even manage his allowance because guess what? I refuse to raise a grown ass little minded man!

Reaction score
Reactions
2,943 27 4
Alleybux
I agree. If I'm walking in the door behind someone 97% of the time it's black men who hold the door. My son and nephew have also been taught to hold the door for black women (white women don't say thank you so they aren't obligated to hold the door open for them, fµck em).

I don't know why y'all are blaming men when you allow them to get away with not taking you on a date. If a man approaches you on some netflix and chill sh!t then you should end the conversation and move on. A man should know from the first conversation that you expect to be taken on dates and you won't accept anything else.
My son is being taught the same. He even gets compliments from his coach on how mature he is! Keep up the great work.

sumpthinspec02

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,538 269 287
Alleybux
I haven't had real dates either and it seems that many men won't take you out. I always chalked it up to a combination of socio-economic status and wasting time on the wrong types of men.