Quantcast

Is Elijah Muhammad (of the Nation of Islam) the prophet of Allah?

MysticKoko

I determine my own value ❤️ Womanist ♀
Reaction score
Reactions
6,404 279 103
Alleybux
I was having this argument with another YouTuber on this topic because he keeps defending the notion that Elijah Muhammad was a prophet of God and a messenger and how his teachings were accurate lol.

I’m an Othodox Muslim, meaning I’m a Sunni Muslim. In Orthodox Islam, we believe that Prophet Muḥammad ibn ʿAbdullāh is the last of the prophets as it states in Surah Al- Ahzab 33:40: “Muḥammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., last] of the prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.”

This proves that he is the SEAL, meaning the last of the prophets.

What do you think?

MamaG

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,892 680 692
Alleybux
In Orthodox Islam, we believe that Prophet Muḥammad ibn ʿAbdullāh is the last of the prophets as it states in Surah Al- Ahzab 33:40: “Muḥammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., last] of the prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.”
This.

From what I know, his son tried (and failed) to implement more traditional Islamic teaching once he became the Head of NOL.

Loxkt

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,729 4,186 124
Alleybux
Absolutely not. They’re a cult and they don’t even follow basic tenets of Islam.

Liwe Liwe

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
114,266 3,528 2,743
Alleybux
Elijah Muhammad was a scammer and NOI is a cult. Bye.

Pretty much, although I'll give some smidgen of credit for trying to empower Black people (although NOI was founded on some hoopla, he challenged Black men to clean up and try and live a life of dignity.

Locanokalala

It's Ya Girllll
Reaction score
Reactions
89,084 4,263 1,468
Alleybux
I was having this argument with another YouTuber on this topic because he keeps defending the notion that Elijah Muhammad was a prophet of God and a messenger and how his teachings were accurate lol.

I’m an Othodox Muslim, meaning I’m a Sunni Muslim. In Orthodox Islam, we believe that Prophet Muḥammad ibn ʿAbdullāh is the last of the prophets as it states in Surah Al- Ahzab 33:40: “Muḥammad is not the father of [any] one of your men, but [he is] the Messenger of Allah and seal [i.e., last] of the prophets. And ever is Allah, of all things, Knowing.”

What do you think?

Phew before I read your post, when I saw the title I was thinking, "You finna make the Muslims come and kick ya butt." They do not play about Allah and the prophet.

Meenah

~~~~~~Where The Money Reside~~~~~~
Reaction score
Reactions
243,237 3,811 906
Alleybux
If you're Sunni it's a waste of your time arguing this unless you have doubts. You should know that NOI has different beliefs.

MysticKoko

Reaction score
Reactions
6,404 279 103
Alleybux
If you're Sunni it's a waste of your time arguing this unless you have doubts. You should know that NOI has different beliefs.

We do vary in beliefs, but the members of the NOI call themselves Muslims and practice the religion of Islam, so we should follow the same doctrine.

sm5981

Quotes & Edits Don't Scare Me, I Know WTF I Said
Reaction score
Reactions
10,112 2,094 1,749
Alleybux

What do you think?

He is correct, in fact both men (Prophet Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad) are prophets of God. My parents are Muslim (they are followers of Minister Farrakhan) and I have studied Islam from both the NOI and the Sunni/Orthodox side.

When Master Fard Muhammad (the founder of the NOI) came to North America, He came and He did a job and He went away, just like the Bible and the Qur'an says He would do. But when this man, Master Fard Muhammad, was about to go, he told Elijah Muhammad, "you don't need me any more." And Elijah Muhammad said, "oh, yet I do." He said, "oh, no you don't." He said, "I'll be with you. You go on now." And Elijah Muhammad, tears streaming down his eyes, watched Master Fard Muhammad walk out of his life. That man (Fard) never asked for any money.

But He left a witness of His power, of His wisdom, of His ability to control circumstances. And when He got ready to go, he said to the public, "My name is W.F. Muhammad." Now, during Fard's time in North America he used many aliases, one of them being the alias Wallace Fard Muhammad. Wallace means a stranger, and He came to North America as a stranger (foreigner or outsider) from Mecca, Arabia. But when he left, He was a friend. Master Fard Muhammad's birth name was Wali Fard Muhammad. Wali means a friend, but a protecting friend. One that is your friend but can protect you from your enemies because he is your friend.

Fard means one we are obligated to obey. In the prayer service of Islam you have parts of the prayer that are called Fard, they are obligatory, and others are the sunnah (or the practice) of the prophet. But you must perform the obligatory part, that's called Fard. He used the name Fard because He was telling us that He is one we are obligated to obey. And sooner or later every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that a Master came to North America, and with the master grip He pulled Hiram up out of the grave. He allowed Himself to be persecuted; to be sent to prison; to be driven out of Detroit because He wanted to show Elijah what price was to free us. And any man that will work for the freedom of Black people will have to pay a price.

So when someone says that Elijah Muhammad is a Prophet of God or Messenger of Allah, they are not wrong for it...

MysticKoko

Reaction score
Reactions
6,404 279 103
Alleybux
He is correct, in fact both men (Prophet Muhammad and Elijah Muhammad) are prophets of God. My parents are Muslim (they are followers of Minister Farrakhan) and I have studied Islam from both the NOI and the Sunni/Orthodox side.

When Master Fard Muhammad (the founder of the NOI) came to North America, He came and He did a job and He went away, just like the Bible and the Qur'an says He would do. But when this man, Master Fard Muhammad, was about to go, he told Elijah Muhammad, "you don't need me any more." And Elijah Muhammad said, "oh, yet I do." He said, "oh, no you don't." He said, "I'll be with you. You go on now." And Elijah Muhammad, tears streaming down his eyes, watched Master Fard Muhammad walk out of his life. That man (Fard) never asked for any money.

But He left a witness of His power, of His wisdom, of His ability to control circumstances. And when He got ready to go, he said to the public, "My name is W.F. Muhammad." Now, during Fard's time in North America he used many aliases, one of them being the alias Wallace Fard Muhammad. Wallace means a stranger, and He came to North America as a stranger (foreigner or outsider) from Mecca, Arabia. But when he left, He was a friend. Master Fard Muhammad's birth name was Wali Fard Muhammad. Wali means a friend, but a protecting friend. One that is your friend but can protect you from your enemies because he is your friend.

Fard means one we are obligated to obey. In the prayer service of Islam you have parts of the prayer that are called Fard, they are obligatory, and others are the sunnah (or the practice) of the prophet. But you must perform the obligatory part, that's called Fard. He used the name Fard because He was telling us that He is one we are obligated to obey. And sooner or later every knee will bow and every tongue will confess that a Master came to North America, and with the master grip He pulled Hiram up out of the grave. He allowed Himself to be persecuted; to be sent to prison; to be driven out of Detroit because He wanted to show Elijah what price was to free us. And any man that will work for the freedom of Black people will have to pay a price.

So when someone says that Elijah Muhammad is a Prophet of God or Messenger of Allah, they are not wrong for it...

But was it true that Elijah Muhammad said that he met Allah in the form of Wallace Fard Muhammad?

In the Orhordox Islamic doctrine, Allah is like none of it’s creations and no one knows what Allah looks like. It can’t be in a form of a human.

sm5981

Reaction score
Reactions
10,112 2,094 1,749
Alleybux
But was it true that Elijah Muhammad said that he met Allah in the form of Wallace Fard Muhammad?

Yes, it is true. Also he taught Elijah for a total of 3 1/2 years and gave him many books to study (in a variety of subjects) before he left North America in 1934, never to be seen or heard from again.

Roble

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
628 92 74
Alleybux
With all due respect to followers of the NOI, Elijah Muhammad was not a Prophet. Muhammad ibn Abdullah (ﷺ) was the last Prophet and messenger of Allah, there's no Prophet after him, this has been the consensus of the companions, Muslims and Muslim scholars for the past 14 centuries. Why do you think Malcolm X left the NOI and became a Sunni Muslim? It's because he studied Islam and choose to follow the last Prophet who was Muhammad (ﷺ).

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the prophets; and Allah has full knowledge of all things. (Surah Al- Ahzab 33:40)

The Prophet of Allah (Peace be upon him) affirmed: "The chain of Messengers and Prophets has come to an end. There shall be no Messenger nor Prophet after me." (Sunan Al Tirmidhi, Number 2198)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger said, "My similitude in comparison with the other prophets before me, is that of a man who has built a house nicely and beautifully, except for a place of one brick in a corner. The people go about it and wonder at its beauty, but say: 'Would that this brick be put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 56, Number 735)

Abu Huraira reported that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said:

"I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me." (Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1062)

Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Mahi (the obliterator) by whom unbelief would be obliterated, and I am Hashir (the gatherer) at whose feet mankind will be gathered, and I am 'Aqib (the last to come) after whom there will be no Prophet." (Sahih Muslim, Book 30, Number 5810)

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) set out for Tabuk. appointing `Ali as his deputy (in Medina). `Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 59, Number 700)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger! What do you order us (to do)?" He said, "Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 55, Number 661)

Abdullah b. Ibrahim said to us: I bear witness to the fact that I heard Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) say that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: "I am the last of the Apostles and my mosque is the last of the mosques." (Sahih Muslim, Book 7, Number 3211)

Thawban narrated that the Messenger of Allah (ﷺ) said:

"The Hour shall not be established until tribes of my Ummah unite with the idolaters, and until they worship idols. And indeed there shall be thirty imposters in my Ummah,each of them claiming that he is a Prophet. And I am the last of the Prophets, there is no Prophet after me." (Jami' at-Tirmidhi, Book 7, Number 2219)

MysticKoko

Reaction score
Reactions
6,404 279 103
Alleybux
With all due respect to followers of the NOI, Elijah Muhammad was not a Prophet. Muhammad ibn Abdullah (ﷺ) was the last Prophet and messenger of Allah, there's no Prophet after him, this has been the consensus of the companions, Muslims and Muslim scholars for the past 14 centuries. Why do you think Malcolm X left the NOI and became a Sunni Muslim? It's because he studied Islam and choose to follow the last Prophet who was Muhammad (ﷺ).

Muhammad is not the father of any of your men, but he is the Messenger of Allah and the Seal of the prophets; and Allah has full knowledge of all things. (Surah Al- Ahzab 33:40)

The Prophet of Allah (Peace be upon him) affirmed: "The chain of Messengers and Prophets has come to an end. There shall be no Messenger nor Prophet after me." (Sunan Al Tirmidhi, Number 2198)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Allah's Messenger said, "My similitude in comparison with the other prophets before me, is that of a man who has built a house nicely and beautifully, except for a place of one brick in a corner. The people go about it and wonder at its beauty, but say: 'Would that this brick be put in its place!' So I am that brick, and I am the last of the Prophets." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 56, Number 735)

"I have been given superiority over the other prophets in six respects: I have been given words which are concise but comprehensive in meaning; I have been helped by terror (in the hearts of enemies): spoils have been made lawful to me: the earth has been made for me clean and a place of worship; I have been sent to all mankind and the line of prophets is closed with me." (Sahih Muslim, Book 4, Number 1062)

Jubair b. Mut'im reported on the authority of his father that he heard Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) as saying: "I am Muhammad and I am Ahmad, and I am al-Mahi (the obliterator) by whom unbelief would be obliterated, and I am Hashir (the gatherer) at whose feet mankind will be gathered, and I am 'Aqib (the last to come) after whom there will be no Prophet." (Sahih Muslim, Book 30, Number 5810)

Allah's Messenger (ﷺ) set out for Tabuk. appointing `Ali as his deputy (in Medina). `Ali said, "Do you want to leave me with the children and women?" The Prophet said, "Will you not be pleased that you will be to me like Aaron to Moses? But there will be no prophet after me." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 59, Number 700)

Narrated Abu Huraira:

The Prophet said, "The Israelis used to be ruled and guided by prophets: Whenever a prophet died, another would take over his place. There will be no prophet after me, but there will be Caliphs who will increase in number." The people asked, "O Allah's Messenger! What do you order us (to do)?" He said, "Obey the one who will be given the pledge of allegiance first. Fulfil their (i.e. the Caliphs) rights, for Allah will ask them about (any shortcoming) in ruling those Allah has put under their guardianship." (Sahih Bukhari, Book 55, Number 661)

Abdullah b. Ibrahim said to us: I bear witness to the fact that I heard Abu Huraira (Allah be pleased with him) say that Allah's Messenger (may peace be upon him) said: "I am the last of the Apostles and my mosque is the last of the mosques." (Sahih Muslim, Book 7, Number 3211)

"The Hour shall not be established until tribes of my Ummah unite with the idolaters, and until they worship idols. And indeed there shall be thirty imposters in my Ummah,each of them claiming that he is a Prophet. And I am the last of the Prophets, there is no Prophet after me." (Jami' at-Tirmidhi, Book 7, Number 2219)

Yes, very accurate!
I forgot to mention that even Elijah Muhammad’s very own son, Warith Deen Muhammad, turned against him and rejected his father’s teachings!

sm5981

Reaction score
Reactions
10,112 2,094 1,749
Alleybux

Narrated Abu Huraira:

Narrated Abu Huraira:

This is true. While Elijah Muhammad never taught that he was a prophet (only a messenger sent), however some of his earliest converts used to call him a Prophet. This was based largely on the fact that during a speech he delivered in Chicago when he said that, "I am the one who comes in the last days, who simply brings the knowledge of God to the wilderness (of North America)."

The wisdom of Elijah Muhammad was to advance wisdom and understanding of the Quran and Prophet Muhammad of Arabia. Elijah Muhammad's son, Wallace tore down practically everything his father had built up as almost to spite the father, and Wallace took his followers backwards (1400 years) where they are not even focused on the Judgement of America. They are more excited about being able to say the prayers in Arabic, attend the Masjid, and recite verses from the Holy Quran, which is good. However wisdom moves forward, not backwards. Even though Wallace tried to close the door on the NOI, it was not the will of Allah.

banksy212

Triggering fonts like fleas on a Cl*t,
Reaction score
Reactions
99,420 6,188 2,313
Alleybux
Elijah is the prophet of shoulda gone to prison.

he is a scammer, liar, megalomaniac, he has abused children, etc. Elijah should have gone to prison.

MysticKoko

Reaction score
Reactions
6,404 279 103
Alleybux
Elijah is the prophet of shoulda gone to prison.

he is a scammer, liar, megalomaniac, he has abused children, etc. Elijah should have gone to prison.

He abused children?!

amiraj

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
34 1 2
Alleybux
Yeah see I was born Sunni Muslim but I went to the NOI school & I say absolutely not. The Prophet Muhammad (SAW) is the final prophet. And Isa Ibn Maryam is the true messiah who will return to defeat the Anti Christ. I never believed in their teachings because my parents didn’t, and I went to the school because Arabs be racist & there was no African Muslim schools nearby, although I am Black American.