Quantcast

Is having a "preference" for Dark- Skin Black Men Because You See Them as More "Masculine"...

Lovingme1

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
23,061 557 321
Alleybux
I like black men of all shades and do not prescribe to that stupid stereotype that dark skin black men are more masculine or stronger.

Closure

Trying to grow without hating the process
Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
I prefer brown and dark-skinned men. I don't think dark skin=masculinity. It's just what I prefer. I don't understand how that means I'm colorist.

I never said you are a colorist just for liking Dark Skin men. That's ignorant.

I asked if it was colorism if you prefer Dark Skin men because you believe they are more masculine.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
If they are associating it with masculinity then yes.
It's like when black men say they prefer light skin women because they are more feminine.

I don't get why light skin women can have this so called "preference" but darker skin men cannot. I think its a bit hypocritical. Making sterotypes on ones skin tone are both wrong on both ends.

Where does it say in my OP that this is only for Dark Skin Women? Nowhere.

This question is for ALL women (Light Skin, Dark Skin, Pale Skin) who date Dark Skin men because they think their skin makes them more masculine

These are the types to call light skin men/boys women, girls, soft, or gay.

You know those types. I see it in the Smash or Pass threads with almost every light skin man.

Rhett

LSA's full-raised well-raised bastid is TransLion
Reaction score
Reactions
89,573 6,200 5,146
Alleybux
Sigh.

Let's be truthful, the ds's don't like it when anyone says dsBM are more masculine because how that sounds in her ears is "dsBW are masculine".

Further, they don't like it when someone says ls men are more feminine because how their dumbo ears hear it is "lsBW are more feminine".

Why they constantly and chronically on this site equate themselves to men, only a ds and her hair dresser knows for sure, but it sounds fuckshit stupid because why the fµck are they even equating themselves to men in the first place. Y'all hate yourselves so much that your own hate that seeps out your pores makes others hate you because of how fµck!n' stupid you sound most of the time.

You're a fµck!n' woman -- you look like a fµck!n' woman -- you do not look like a fµck!n' man so STOP IT with the stupidness.

A fµck!n' travesty.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
Sigh.

Let's be truthful, the ds's don't like it when anyone says dsBM are more masculine because how that sounds in her ears is "dsBW are masculine".

Further, they don't like it when someone says ls men are more feminine because how their dumbo ears hear it is "lsBW are more feminine".

Why they constantly and chronically on this site equate themselves to men, only a ds and her hair dresser knows for sure, but it sounds fuckshit stupid because why the fµck are they even equating themselves to men in the first place. Y'all hate yourselves so much that your own hate that seeps out your pores makes others hate you because of how fµck!n' stupid you sound most of the time.

You're a fµck!n' woman -- you look like a fµck!n' woman -- you do not look like a fµck!n' man so STOP IT with the stupidness.

A fµck!n' travesty.
It's wrong and ignorant to say anyones skin tone makes them masculine or feminine whether male or female

sammyvine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
57,614 5,048 9,104
Alleybux
I prefer brown and dark-skinned men. I don't think dark skin=masculinity. It's just what I prefer. I don't understand how that means I'm colorist.
So why do LSA have a problem when black men prefer LS women and the ones that don't insult black women but silently dating LS women?

Roble

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
628 92 74
Alleybux
There are plenty of women who like lightskins as well. It's not the end of the world! there's plenty of fish in the sea. We should care less about the personal preferences of random women.

Rhett

LSA's full-raised well-raised bastid is TransLion
Reaction score
Reactions
89,573 6,200 5,146
Alleybux
Not more masculine, but more handsome because physically, BM are more masculine, period.

Because complexion factors into attraction, dark complected people are good looking because of the amount of dark [melanin] in their shade of Black.

This is why the dsBM tends to be extraordinarily attractive to some over the In Betweens, the Reds and the Yellas when it comes to our BM -- the mounds of extra melanin he's got looks damn good on them.

Fars the dsBW fonts who equate themselves to BM, my post applies to them too because what I said is not specific to men, but to the human race.

Jade52

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 75 133
Alleybux
I mean you’re basically stating dark skin is more masculine which includes dark skin women too....
no on a man man it's more masculine dark skinned women on men dark skinned women are honestly exotic no many women have their look that's what exotic means not looking white. White is pretty average typical most people in america are white. So no dark skinned black women aren't masculine at all and exotic beautiful queens at that.

Jade52

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
172 75 133
Alleybux
Not more masculine, but more handsome because physically, BM are more masculine, period.

Because complexion factors into attraction, dark complected people are good looking because of the amount of dark [melanin] in their shade of Black.

This is why the dsBM tends to be extraordinarily attractive to some over the In Betweens, the Reds and the Yellas when it comes to our BM -- the mounds of extra melanin he's got looks damn good on them.

Fars the dsBW fonts who equate themselves to BM, my post applies to them too because what I said is not specific to men, but to the human race.
I agree with this!

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
There are plenty of women who like lightskins as well. It's not the end of the world! there's plenty of fish in the sea. We should care less about the personal preferences of random women.

This is NOT about Light skin men having options. This is about Black people who claim to be anti-colorist but perpetuate colorism by giving Light skin Black men feminine characteristics and Dark skin Black men masculine characteristics based off skin tone alone.

Also, saying "it's not the end of the world" is one of the many ways people deflect from the truth and stay ignorant. Colorism and racism are not the end of the world so they shouldn't be taken seriously or discussed at all? Make it make sense.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
So why do LSA have a problem when black men prefer LS women and the ones that don't insult black women but silently dating LS women?
Exactly! They don't realize there are two sides to a coin.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
This thread was alot dryer than it should have been considering how often this occurs on LSA
This!

Also, like a font above said, a lot of people will avoid this topic because they are guilty of perpetuating colorism (unknowingly or not). Besides you and a few others, most people are coming into this thread are making excuses, deflecting, and mentioning things I never even mentioned in my OP.

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
Probably but let people like what they want in peace.
Yes, people should be able to like what they want in peace. But most fonts claim to be anti-colorist but perpetuate and play into it. How are you going to complain about colorism if you are upholding it?

zydepep

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,953 343 186
Alleybux
It's the hyper masculinity.

Many Black women are attracted to Dababy but if he was a Black woman he wouldn't be considered attractive at all. So, I don't think it's the features, it's more so the hyper masculinity and the big mandingo:emoji_eggplant: stereotype.

dababy-76-1280x720.jpg

#PopSnark52 : I Like My Patriarchy Served Up As DaBaby

Very peculiar post. Why do you think that if Dababy "were a woman" that he would look exactly as he is? Women are not simply men in wigs.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. I don't think that finding dark skin bm masculine automatically means they find dark skin bw masculine. But it is colorism.

Last edited:

Closure

Reaction score
Reactions
224,159 37,263 4,427
Alleybux
Very peculiar post. Why do you think that if Dababy "were a woman" that he would look exactly as he is? Men are not simply women in wigs.

Which brings me to the point of this thread. I don't think that finding dark skin bm masculine automatically means they find dark skin bw masculine. But it is colorism.
If Dark skin makes a man masculine and Light skin makes a man Feminine it is colorism. Dark Skin Black women complain about colorism(light skin = feminine, dark skin=masculine) all of the time but want to act obtuse now.

Y'all don't recognize how people also perpetuate and uphold colorist ideas by saying Dark skin = masculine and light-skin = feminine.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
Sigh.

A fµck!n' travesty.
A lot of dumb 09 fonts on here. But y’all stay mad at the 2020 ones.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,826 447 181
Alleybux
I would say it’s colorist. I don’t see how being dark skinned makes a person more masculine. Funny how Dababy was listed. I do think he is very masculine, and no I don’t think that about every dark skinned man.

Michelle Y

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,175 112 67
Alleybux
I just like the aesthetic of it. All those other stereotypes are whack
Black is beautiful. But remember, color is only present in light. Therefore assigning meanings like blue=truth, red=passion, pink=feminine, purple=royality doesn't mean the color truly holds that quality. That's why white and black can both mean death or the color red is considered to be man pink. Colorism is not scientific. So the next time you think your cooling a room off by painting it blue, it's cool only if you think it's cool.

FlashFm

Hottest radio station in Vice City
Reaction score
Reactions
27,803 2,690 3,455
Alleybux
Many people view darker skinned as masc. Sad but true. They view dark skinned women as more masculine so yeah, women as well. It’s wrong but it’s true.