Quantcast

Is Hollywood gone?

veraful

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,453 2 3
Alleybux
Most of us didn't even know about the last Oscars.... Most starts are in deep sh!t getting dragged for expressing opinions, and at the same time they're getting dragged for not expressing them. :ROFLMAO:

I felt this way when I started seeing movies scores being dependent on social and political issues....

Are people moving forward and don't care?

Has the internet taken over those idiots?

I am bored, how about you?

Iced tea

Every thumbs down I get gives me an orgasm
Reaction score
Reactions
34,832 1,074 697
Alleybux
Theres nothing really innovative going on. People want to listen to good music and all they listen about is weenies, and vaginas. It gets tiring. Everyone woman tries to look the same, plastic surgery is ridiculous. Every guy is cheating, rarely anybody does anything good for each other.
Its boring. Overwhelm the senses.

Reaction score
Reactions
82,814 3,715 1,973
Alleybux
Everything is a niche. Music, movies, tv...artists aren't house hold names because the household isn't a unit when being entertained. Just a bunch of temporary mini stars....end of an era.

kbab

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,479 217 115
Alleybux
Hollywood is at best a place where people can go to see their friends in their heads on screen. There is no more glamour. No one cares if an actor went to Juliard or any other acting school unless it's to lord it over a rival actor's stans.

fistopher brown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,242 1,573 682
Alleybux
kind of, but it’s not going out without a fight. hollywood is the CIA. they have an immense amount of power over the world. they not gon just lose that without a struggle

IndieQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
200,603 3,669 896
Alleybux
I don't know, there is sooo much content pulling for people's attention, and things are usually only popular for a short period of time and then it's on the next big thing. It's hard to make A-List stars these days following the old formula, even people who should have been popular given them ticking off certain boxes disappear shortly after their debut. Also doesn't help that social media has made celebs more accessible so you feel like you know them, and therefore when they do try to promote stuff it's either super obvious or their fan base barely cares...

veraful

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,453 2 3
Alleybux
Everything is a niche. Music, movies, tv...artists aren't house hold names because the household isn't a unit when being entertained. Just a bunch of temporary mini stars....end of an era.
This!! It's just like we entered a dystopian reality

Reaction score
Reactions
4,179 82 26
Alleybux
While there are actors who are actively releasing quality projects (movies, documentaries, series) and being leaders and displaying genuine humanitarianism in their own communities) others are becoming quite vile and comical than respected.

I’ve noticed that some actors are trying to distract their audience from their insecurities (whether it be their lack of acting range, messy industry drama with their Hollywood peers or rumors their trying to get in front of) by shoving their personal life and flings in our faces. Nobody cares that one is dating yet, another industry pass around who isn’t even in the industry or the latest and youngest runway model.

Where are the other quality projects?

I’ve been watching some of the 2021 movies releases and reading movie reviews on rotten tomatoes and amazon and many viewers have been saying the same.

petalwitch

Qui vivra verra
Reaction score
Reactions
14,847 687 1,540
Alleybux
This!! It's just like we entered a dystopian reality
I'm not quite sure what makes this dystopian, we're in a transitional period but that doesnt make it worse. There was entertainment before Hollywood, and there will be after. I think it's actually pretty neat that now there's something for everybody, almost every niche corner of media you could think of is being catered to. No more being forced-fed "Stars" or media, no more being told what is good or isn't, you get to choose. Of course, there's good and bad sides to everything though.

veraful

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,453 2 3
Alleybux
While there are actors who are actively releasing quality projects (movies, documentaries, series) and being leaders and displaying genuine humanitarianism in their own communities) others are becoming quite vile and comical than respected.
cc. Onlyfans

Where are the other quality projects?

I’ve been watching some of the 2021 movies releases and reading movie reviews on rotten tomatoes and amazon and many viewers have been saying the same.

I think we are just busy surviving this pandemic. Plus, I don't trust rotten tomatoes and amazon because they want every story has to be woke now.

I don't agree sometimes with Shapiro, but I was shocked when I saw the critics reviews of this movie. He explains my thought regarding new releases. It was an amazing movie, I cried my heart out while watching it even though I am not from the same background

veraful

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,453 2 3
Alleybux
No more being forced-fed "Stars" or media, no more being told what is good or isn't, you get to choose. Of course, there's good and bad sides to everything though.
Don't you think that these days everything mostly have been controlled or forced to be one sided narrative? For example cancel culture, free speech and censorship.

Shadowofyoursmile

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,515 1,527 446
Alleybux
People aren't watching,because honestly we aren't interested in these shows anymore. The same 3 people win and it's honestly really dry. Diverse is still lacking and it isn't worth watching.

melancholygrl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,180 1,351 221
Alleybux
cc. Onlyfans

I think we are just busy surviving this pandemic. Plus, I don't trust rotten tomatoes and amazon because they want every story has to be woke now.

I don't agree sometimes with Shapiro, but I was shocked when I saw the critics reviews of this movie. He explains my thought regarding new releases. It was an amazing movie, I cried my heart out while watching it even though I am not from the same background

Damn, I had no idea Glenn Close and Amy Adams recently did a movie. I've also noticed that mid-level movies like these aren't being pushed like they used to anymore either. Unless it's a franchise movie, they just fly under the radar.

acid

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
22,093 460 81
Alleybux
The Hollywood industry is not going anywhere, but the A - D list is blurred. The A list actors are doing B to C list work, the C- D list is making A list money.

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,529 1,530 730
Alleybux
For one I think they're allowing too many influencer type people through the door and that has caused Hollywood to lose some prestige. Influencers, reality tv people, youtubers, social media people are being given legit roles and working with legit stars.

And also like someone said the A-D list lines are now blurred. People who were A list doing B/C list type work.

Also, I think streaming ruined Hollywood just like it ruined music.

petalwitch

Qui vivra verra
Reaction score
Reactions
14,847 687 1,540
Alleybux
Don't you think that these days everything mostly have been controlled or forced to be one sided narrative? For example cancel culture, free speech and censorship.
Nah, its easier to get both sides of the story these days. Whether one is more publicized than another or not is an issue of Free Press, (which has rarely ever been subjective anyway.) Also censorship is a complex issue, every John, Jane, and wacko doesn't need the platform they think they're entitled to. And there are a lot of routes that creatives or personalities can take independently that allow them to be supported and visible to those that care about them. Cancel culture doesn't have the repercussions that those on the receiving end whine about.

petalwitch

Qui vivra verra
Reaction score
Reactions
14,847 687 1,540
Alleybux
For one I think they're allowing too many influencer type people through the door and that has caused Hollywood to lose some prestige. Influencers, reality tv people, youtubers, social media people are being given legit roles and working with legit stars.

And also like someone said the A-D list lines are now blurred. People who were A list doing B/C list type work.

Also, I think streaming ruined Hollywood just like it ruined music.
Its always about the bottom line.

petalwitch

Qui vivra verra
Reaction score
Reactions
14,847 687 1,540
Alleybux
cc. Onlyfans

Ahh, I see now. Ben Shapiro, eh? I almost fell down that pipeline. I hope you find your way out soon. :love

Eliza Maza

“More of your conversation would infect my brain.”
Reaction score
Reactions
5,439 416 13
Alleybux
I wouldn't say it's dead, but rather in a transitional period.

It's evolving with the times in terms of trying to find it's footing with the way the public views its content & fan fair.

When Hollywood first started it was the silent era with famous silent actors who were replaced by actors when the "talkies" came along. The audience changed because they wanted to hear actors talk. Then you had the golden era with Humphrey Bogart, where everyone was glamorous. Each decade Hollywood changes.

Like others have said social media & celebs now easyily accessible gave away their mystery, and the public began to find other means of entertainment.

Also award shows are no longer being watched on the television because we have smart phones & devices so the attention span isn't there for a 3 hour show. Now you can watch your favorite actor win an award in a 45 second clip posted on Twitter or YouTube lol.

In another 10 years Hollywood will look different.

CatThot

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,507 2,789 1,293
Alleybux
Most of us didn't even know about the last Oscars.... Most starts are in deep sh!t getting dragged for expressing opinions, and at the same time they're getting dragged for not expressing them. :ROFLMAO:

I felt this way when I started seeing movies scores being dependent on social and political issues....

Are people moving forward and don't care?

Has the internet taken over those idiots?

I am bored, how about you?

Hollywood and celebrity culture has been going through a transformation. It's current form is dead but I don't know if it is completely done. I honestly don't think it will ever be the same.

kara

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
32,048 2,455 447
Alleybux
Hollywood as we knew it is gone. It started changing before COVID. Then, when COVID happened, HW got its ass kicked.

melancholygrl

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
26,180 1,351 221
Alleybux
For those of you that think Hollywood/celebrity culture is dead, how do you see the entertainment industry being like over this decade and the future?

veraful

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,453 2 3
Alleybux
For those of you that think Hollywood/celebrity culture is dead, how do you see the entertainment industry being like over this decade and the future?
I think it's gonna be who-captures_ audiences_attention the longest type of entertainment