Quantcast

Is International Career Institute A Legit Online Distance School?

QueenlyBee

Lioness
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
912 51 28
Alleybux
I've done some research, read reviews and it seems legit so far, but don't really know. Where can I check and verify if it's a legal validated accredited educational institute? Has anyone taken a course with them?

Last edited by a moderator:

BellaMomma3

Mommas
Reaction score
Reactions
56,865 2,768 2,133
Alleybux
Let me tell you right now, they do NOT like distance education on this forum. No one will say that's a good idea, not on here. I never heard of that one but I'm not in Australia, I'm in the states.

QueenlyBee

Lioness
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
912 51 28
Alleybux
let me tell you right now, they do not like distance education on this forum. No one will say that's a good idea, not on here. I never heard of that one but i'm not in australia, i'm in the states.
LOL, Why? Not everyone has time to attend physical classes, especially if they don't have to. They have real teachers and exams accessing you before you can pass and get your diploma or certificate. But you def have to take one from a real physical school.

Leapfrog

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,419 2,259 1,935
Alleybux
Ive never seen anyone attack distance education on here, provided that it's from an actual accredited university. Plenty of accredited American colleges offer "online only" courses. Over the three years I've been in college I've taken a few and prefer them actually.

People on here tend to have more of a problem with diploma mills swindling black people and honestly I agree with them. A lot of those mills try to present themselves as legit schools offering online courses.

OP THAT SCHOOL SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM JUST BY THE NAME ALONE. be careful. Especially when you can take online courses at a real American college for a fraction of what a diploma mill would charge you.

QueenlyBee

Lioness
Benched
Reaction score
Reactions
912 51 28
Alleybux
Good point. People need to do their research and verify and better to take online classes with a real college program. I'm not in the US, so not familiar with those scams. But the US and UK have tons of those scamming sh!t! Not sure about Australia, tho. It's generally less corrupt. Will probably enroll with a real physical college for distance learning soon.

Ive never seen anyone attack distance education on here, provided that it's from an actual accredited university. Plenty of accredited American colleges offer "online only" courses. Over the three years I've been in college I've taken a few and prefer them actually.

People on here tend to have more of a problem with diploma mills swindling black people and honestly I agree with them. A lot of those mills try to present themselves as legit schools offering online courses.

OP THAT SCHOOL SOUNDS LIKE A SCAM JUST BY THE NAME ALONE. be careful. Especially when you can take online courses at a real American college for a fraction of what a diploma mill would charge you.

BlowingSoul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
89,435 3,070 493
Alleybux
Good point. People need to do their research and verify and better to take online classes with a real college program. I'm not in the US, so not familiar with those scams. But the US and UK have tons of those scamming sh!t! Not sure about Australia, tho. It's generally less corrupt. Will probably enroll with a real physical college for distance learning soon.

This is really your best option. Even if a fully online program is legit, you have to worry about how future employers may perceive your degree. Plus, a lot of reputable brick and mortar schools have good fully online options now.

AnjeeBanjee

Gratuitous
Reaction score
Reactions
104,917 2,325 966
Alleybux
At work I use an accreditation website to check on candidate's degrees. Maybe you could find the website by google? It's saved in my favorites at work and I'm home.

BellaMomma3

Mommas
Reaction score
Reactions
56,865 2,768 2,133
Alleybux

How does it sound like a scam by the name? Just curious. Which online schools would you recommend (that are accredited in the states)

Leapfrog

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,419 2,259 1,935
Alleybux
How does it sound like a scam by the name? Just curious. Which online schools would you recommend (that are accredited in the states)

What real college have you ever heard of with a name similar to that?

Its usually "University of _______" at real schools.

BellaMomma3

Mommas
Reaction score
Reactions
56,865 2,768 2,133
Alleybux
What real college have you ever heard of with a name similar to that?

Its usually "University of _______" at real schools.

She did say say she looked it up and it's "legit". It sounds like maybe it's a for profit school. I should have clarified in my first post, many people on here would not agree with it if it's a for profit school (for distance learning). When you say scam, do you mean it sounds like a for profit school (similar to Uni.versity of Phoe.nix here in the US?)

I know people that did proposer with a degree from a for profit school. That's another story though.

SeriesENEC

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
271,504 9,936 1,720
Alleybux
She did say say she looked it up and it's "legit". It sounds like maybe it's a for profit school. I should have clarified in my first post, many people on here would not agree with it if it's a for profit school (for distance learning). When you say scam, do you mean it sounds like a for profit school (similar to Uni.versity of Phoe.nix here in the US?)

I know people that did proposer with a degree from a for profit school. That's another story though.

I do too...IDK about UOP but I know several from Strayer; which by the way have been around for a long time. I believe it was a business school before.

I also know corporations and armed forces branches that accept a Strayer degree and even offer tuition reimbursement.

Leapfrog

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,419 2,259 1,935
Alleybux

Honestly I don't agree with it either. There's too many accredited schools that aren't for profits where you can get in and attend online classes without paying crazy prices and having to worry about whether or not businesses will accept your degree.

Public state colleges don't cost much for people to attend and will give you a degree you know will be taken seriously. It's not worth the risk with the other schools.

peggy4110

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
11 1 24
Alleybux
I've done some research, read reviews and it seems legit so far, but don't really know. Where can I check and verify if it's a legal validated accredited educational institute? Has anyone taken a course with them?

Hello I live in Australia and now taking my second course with International Career Institute. The lessons are very interesting, and the instructors give short feedback but is helpful and encouraging. The downside is you don't have online forums to interact with other student's. The certificate is lovely, I was really impressed when it came in the mail. I've started a second course with them. Of course it doesn't have the same status as a University but of course their prices aren't as steep as University either. Another sight for online courses is Udemy.

TheUltimateRush

Electric Relaxation
Reaction score
Reactions
34,159 600 83
Alleybux
It’s always a scam when they have Google Alerts on and make accounts to try and hype themselves up. The fact it doesn’t have University-level status is a big warning sign.