Is it just my family, or Africans actually don’t like cheese?

Reactions
831 18 76
Alleybux
Being unable to digest something and being able to eat it are not mutually exclusive. You can eat dairy without being able to digest it. I’m lactose intolerant and I love cheese, for example, I just ignore the sluggishness and bloating after the fact and charge it to the game.
You have lactose Malabsorption, You're not allergic to diary products.

Bench Warmer
Reactions
7 2 1
Alleybux
Perhaps it has to do with them making a less potent type of cheese. I don't doubt that there are exceptions. Fulani and Hausa are nomadic groups, so that likely explains it. Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed? Lactose intolerance has both a cultural and a genetic component.
know the diffrence between hausas and fulanis. They are two different tribes with unsimilar cultures. Huasas are farmers btw while fulanis are nomads.

C'est Si Bon
Reactions
111,939 4,357 4,999
Alleybux
know the diffrence between hausas and fulanis. They are two different tribes with unsimilar cultures. Huasas are farmers btw while fulanis are nomads.
Pretty sure that similarly to the fulanis, they've travelled quite a bit before settling and your comment in no way invalidates my earlier point (which by the way was framed as a hypothesis). Know not to get snappy over cheese. Africa's honour will not find itself compromised by an informal social media discussion on black people's predisposition to lactose intolerance.

''The Hausa have in the last 500 years criss crossed the vast landscape of Africa in all its four corners for varieties of reasons ranging from military service, long-distance trade, hunting, performance of hajj, fleeing from oppressive feudal kings as well as spreading Islam. ''

Bench Warmer
Reactions
7 2 1
Alleybux
Pretty sure that similarly to the fulanis, they've travelled quite a bit before settling and your comment in no way invalidates my earlier point (which by the way was framed as a hypothesis). Know not to get snappy over cheese. Africa's honour will not find itself compromised by an informal social media discussion on black people's predisposition to lactose intolerance.

''The Hausa have in the last 500 years criss crossed the vast landscape of Africa in all its four corners for varieties of reasons ranging from military service, long-distance trade, hunting, performance of hajj, fleeing from oppressive feudal kings as well as spreading Islam. ''
My reply was talking about you saying this "Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed?". Hausas are genetically and physically different from fulanis. Hausas have wide noses, dark and most times you cant differentiate physically between a yoruba and hausa. Fulanis have pointy noses, skinny and light in skin tone.Fulanis have the north African admixture not hausas.

C'est Si Bon
Reactions
111,939 4,357 4,999
Alleybux
My reply was talking about you saying this "Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed?". Hausas are genetically and physically different from fulanis. Hausas have wide noses, dark and most times you cant differentiate physically between a yoruba and hausa. Fulanis have pointy noses, skinny and light in skin tone.Fulanis have the north African admixture not hausas.
All of them?
And they're all over the place, from West to East to North Africa. And they intermarried heavily with Fulanis.

1) ''The Fulani and Hausa cultural similarities as a Sahelian people however allowed for significant integration between the two groups. Since the early 20th century, these peoples are often classified as "Hausa-Fulani" within Nigeria rather than as individuated groups. In fact a large number of Fulani living in Hausa regions cannot speak Fulfulde at all and speak Hausa as their first language. Many Fulani in the region do not distinguish themselves from the Hausa, as they have long intermarried, they share the Islamic religion and more than half of all Nigerian Fulani have integrated into Hausa culture. [59]

2) Genetics

According to a Y-DNA study by Hassan et al. (2008), about 47% of Hausa in Niger, Cameroon, Nigeria and Sudan carry the West Eurasian haplogroup R1b (Western Asia). The remainder belong to various African paternal lineages: 15.6% B, 12.5% A and 12.5% E1b1a. A small minority of around 4% are E1b1b clade bearers, a haplogroup which is most common in North Africa and the Horn of Africa.[74]

Bench Warmer
Reactions
7 2 1
Alleybux
All of them?
And they're all over the place, from West to East to North Africa. And they intermarried heavily with Fulanis.

1) ''The Fulani and Hausa cultural similarities as a Sahelian people however allowed for significant integration between the two groups. Since the early 20th century, these peoples are often classified as "Hausa-Fulani" within Nigeria rather than as individuated groups. In fact a large number of Fulani living in Hausa regions cannot speak Fulfulde at all and speak Hausa as their first language. Many Fulani in the region do not distinguish themselves from the Hausa, as they have long intermarried, they share the Islamic religion and more than half of all Nigerian Fulani have integrated into Hausa culture. [59]

2) Genetics

According to a Y-DNA study by Hassan et al. (2008), about 47% of Hausa in Niger, Cameroon, Nigeria and Sudan carry the West Eurasian haplogroup R1b (Western Asia). The remainder belong to various African paternal lineages: 15.6% B, 12.5% A and 12.5% E1b1a. A small minority of around 4% are E1b1b clade bearers, a haplogroup which is most common in North Africa and the Horn of Africa.[74]
Imagine arguing with a born and raised nigerian. Go call a fulani "hausa-fulani", you'll hear what the person will reply. Lol even yorubas have the R1B haplogroup lmao.

"Most of the fulanis haplotypes belong to haplogroups of West African origin, such as L1b, L3b, L3d, L2b, L2c, and L2d (79.6% in total), which are all well represented in each of the four geographically separated samples. The haplogroups of Western Eurasian origin, such as J1b, U5, H, and V, were also detected but in rather low frequencies (8.1% in total)."

Genetics:

Last edited:
C'est Si Bon
Reactions
111,939 4,357 4,999
Alleybux
Imagine arguing with a born and raised nigerian. Go call a fulani "hausa-fulani", you'll hear what the person will reply. Lol even yorubas have the R1B haplogroup lmao.

"Most of the fulanis haplotypes belong to haplogroups of West African origin, such as L1b, L3b, L3d, L2b, L2c, and L2d (79.6% in total), which are all well represented in each of the four geographically separated samples. The haplogroups of Western Eurasian origin, such as J1b, U5, H, and V, were also detected but in rather low frequencies (8.1% in total)."

Genetics:
Who cares what you are? I know that some of you Naijas tend to be deluded into thinking that you're the center of the African universe but the topic is not limited to Nigeria. The thread is about the whole continent of Africa as it relates to lactose intolerance and Hausas are spread in a multitude of countries all over the continent. You being Nigerian does not make you all-knowing and nowhere is it written that I have to take your word as gospel without ever looking up your statements to form my own opinion. Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not a deity. Hausas are spread all over these countries, intermarry regularly with Fulanis who you youself claim can have middle eastern/ non-black admixture. In light of this info, I find it kind of hard to believe that there is zero phenotypical variation amongst them. You're just gonna have to deal with me exercising my freedom to comment on any topic as I see fit. If the topic of cheese gets you so worked up, then skip over the cheese isle at the market and move along. I have no desire to entertain your little temper tantrum.
CountryPopulation
23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.png
Ivory Coast
1,035,000[27]
23px-Flag_of_Benin.svg.png
Benin
1,028,000[6]
23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
Sudan
919,000[28]
23px-Flag_of_Cameroon.svg.png
Cameroon
400,000[29]
23px-Flag_of_Chad.svg.png
Chad
287,000[30]
23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
Ghana
281,000[31]
23px-Flag_of_the_Central_African_Republic.svg.png
Central African Republic
33,000[32]
23px-Flag_of_Eritrea.svg.png
Eritrea
30,000[11]
23px-Flag_of_Equatorial_Guinea.svg.png
Equatorial Guinea
26,000[33]
23px-Flag_of_Togo.svg.png
Togo
21,000[34]
23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png
Congo
12,000[35]
20px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png
Gabon
12,000[36]
23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
Algeria
11,000[37]
23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png
Gambia
10,000[38]

Last edited:
Bench Warmer
Reactions
7 2 1
Alleybux
Who cares what you are? I know that some of you Naijas tend to be deluded into thinking that you're the center of the African universe but the topic is not limited to Nigeria. The thread is about the whole continent of Africa as it relates to lactose intolerance and Hausas are spread in a multitude of countries all over the continent. You being Nigerian does not make you all-knowing and nowhere is it written that I have to take your word as gospel without ever looking up your statements to form my own opinion. Sorry to burst your bubble but you're not a deity. Hausas are spread all over these countries, intermarry regularly with Fulanis who you youself claim can have middle eastern/ non-black admixture. In light of this info, I find it kind of hard to believe that there is zero phenotypical variation amongst them. You're just gonna have to deal with me exercising my freedom to comment on any topic as I see fit. If the topic of cheese gets you so worked up, then skip over the cheese isle at the market and move along. I have no desire to entertain your little temper tantrum.
CountryPopulation
23px-Flag_of_C%C3%B4te_d%27Ivoire.svg.png
Ivory Coast
1,035,000[27]
23px-Flag_of_Benin.svg.png
Benin
1,028,000[6]
23px-Flag_of_Sudan.svg.png
Sudan
919,000[28]
23px-Flag_of_Cameroon.svg.png
Cameroon
400,000[29]
23px-Flag_of_Chad.svg.png
Chad
287,000[30]
23px-Flag_of_Ghana.svg.png
Ghana
281,000[31]
23px-Flag_of_the_Central_African_Republic.svg.png
Central African Republic
33,000[32]
23px-Flag_of_Eritrea.svg.png
Eritrea
30,000[11]
23px-Flag_of_Equatorial_Guinea.svg.png
Equatorial Guinea
26,000[33]
23px-Flag_of_Togo.svg.png
Togo
21,000[34]
23px-Flag_of_the_Republic_of_the_Congo.svg.png
Congo
12,000[35]
20px-Flag_of_Gabon.svg.png
Gabon
12,000[36]
23px-Flag_of_Algeria.svg.png
Algeria
11,000[37]
23px-Flag_of_The_Gambia.svg.png
Gambia
10,000[38]
the only place known for hausa and fulani intermarriage is nigeria. Hausas arent even lactose tolerant. Absorption of lactose by various Nigerian ethnic groups

Google is free for you, watch Fulanis take their ancestry test and you'll see north African present.

Facts>feelings.
MM lets use your logic here, Hausa-Fulani are people of mixed Hausa and Fulani origin. Now what of the full blooded hausa? Are you going to be called hausa-fulani? Why is this hausa-fulani idea only adopted in nigeria and not other west African countries? If hausas and fulani are one then why are hausas lactose intolerant compared to fulanis. Take the L man.

C'est Si Bon
Reactions
111,939 4,357 4,999
Alleybux
the only place known for hausa and fulani intermarriage is nigeria. Hausas arent even lactose tolerant. Absorption of lactose by various Nigerian ethnic groups

Google is free for you, watch Fulanis take their ancestry test and you'll see north African present.

Facts>feelings.
MM lets use your logic here, Hausa-Fulani are people of mixed Hausa and Fulani origin. Now what of the full blooded hausa? Are you going to be called hausa-fulani? Why is this hausa-fulani idea only adopted in nigeria and not other west African countries? If hausas and fulani are one then why are hausas lactose intolerant compared to fulanis. Take the L man.
And the point you're making with the bolded is....? At what point did I make it a point that Hausas were lactose intolerant?:laugh2

Perhaps it has to do with them making a less potent type of cheese. I don't doubt that there are exceptions. Fulani and Hausa are nomadic groups, so that likely explains it. Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed? Lactose intolerance has both a cultural and a genetic component.
And I thought you said earlier that Hausa-Fulani people did not exist (I mean, you're an all-knowing Nigerian, how could you possibly be wrong!), so much so that any Hausa or Fulani would no doubt beat me up for even suggesting their existence? Have you changed your mind and are too shy to let me know? :laugh2

let it go, man. Milk and cheese should not have you so upset.

Last edited:
Bench Warmer
Reactions
7 2 1
Alleybux
And the point you're making with the bolded is....? At what point did I make it a point that Hausas were lactose intolerant?:laugh2

And I thought you said earlier that Hausa-Fulani people did not exist (I mean, you're an all-knowing Nigerian, how could you possibly be wrong!), so much so that any Hausa or Fulani would no doubt beat me up for even suggesting their existence? Have you changed your mind and are too shy to let me know? :laugh2

let it go, man. Milk and cheese should not have you so upset.
you just said hausas-fulani is a whole tribe and are middle eastern admixed lmao. " Fulani and Hausa are nomadic groups, so that likely explains it. Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed?". Plus the way tribes work in nigeria is you claim ur fathers side. adios man. study about nigeria properly. Lmao "hausas are nomadic", "arent hausas middle eastern admixed".

Immune to the victim hood and Anti-BM brigade.
Reactions
19,238 128 144
Alleybux
I'm west African, I love cheese and despise milk. My cousin hates cheese but loves milk. Other family members could be either way.

C'est Si Bon
Reactions
111,939 4,357 4,999
Alleybux
you just said hausas-fulani is a whole tribe and are middle eastern admixed lmao. " Fulani and Hausa are nomadic groups, so that likely explains it. Aren't they North African/middle eastern admixed?". Plus the way tribes work in nigeria is you claim ur fathers side. adios man. study about nigeria properly. Lmao "hausas are nomadic", "arent hausas middle eastern admixed".
That's not what I said. Time to renew your prescription lenses. LOL
And no, I will not ''study about Nigeria''. I already told you y'all ain't the center of the world. Delusions of grandeur do not equal fact :laugh2

Celebrity News

Ask LSA

The Lounge

General Alley

Recent Posts

Nigeria 9ja gist live 2021 (Brand New Tea Thread)
I may have to spit this tea. Dora was literally one of the first housemates recommended for approval because they felt her milkshakes were going...
Cynthia G is pregnant by a YouTuber she’s only known for 4 months.
I was hoping this come back up. She messed around and said "my child" and quickly backed up in one of her recent lives. It was the live about...
What Happened to Shawn Michaels???
Here we go...a black woman likes a white man and it's "worship" As the other font told you, Bret was STILL fine when they met and his wife still...
Why do black women have more smoke for Kim kardashian than Kanye?
And before folks come in here telling me “stop expecting folks to cape for Kim”... I don’t care about people caping for her! What I find pathetic...
Pickmeishas setting the bar high. Ladies you need to step it up!
Lmaoooooo. So what’s the plan?? We scrubbing feets or nah???
Question about OfftheWall Era
I was in the UK, so his videos were shown on Music programmes like Top of the Pop. And he was heavily played on radio. OTW was a phenomen...
PJ hanging out with her cousin and new step sister
Baleigh is in the middle. She just looks smaller because of how they’re seated. How old was this child in this video. She was about as...
The Handmaid's Tale | Season 4 Discussion Thread
This season has me heated. I wish I knew there was such a thriving thread on this show here!!
  • Poll
Meghan Markle unpopular opinions thread pt 2
https://www.ibtimes.com/meghan-markles-shocking-magic-baby-bump-caught-camera-photos-2752239 Not intended to hit you up alone New Era... But...
Top Bottom