Quantcast

is it normal that It doesn't bother me when my friend cancels plans on me?

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
Okay, "taking advantage" is not the right way to explain it, but..

My best friend has been married for one year. She just did a quick justice of the peace wedding, but I was her witness. I love her dearly. And so does she. But sometimes we'll plan to hang out, and she'll say last minute "can we do it next week? I'm really tired."

Honestly, I usually never low-key don't mind, because I'm introverted, and have no problem postponing because I don't feel like going either. and I get she wants to spend time with her husband.

But when we get together (after we get over our laziness) we have a great time.

Same with another good friend. I'm always the one who texts her first. but frankly, I don't care that I reach out first. I really don't. She's a good friend, and I want to talk to her. She's probably busy with work, or has other stuff going on, it's fine. I'm not going to be petty and pull the "wait until she calls me first" crap. We see each other maybe 4 times a year, but we will talk on the phone once a month. I reach out first, but like I said, I just don't care, because I know we are good friends. And before she lost her baby, she was going to chose me as the godmother. And she's always someone I can depend on when I need a friend to vent my feelings to. I trust her, and likewise. we have deep talks. but again, I do the reaching out.

But I've been thinking, even if it doesn't bother ME personally (the postponing of dates, reaching out first)... should it? Should I be upset that friend #1 likes to postpone? That I usually reach out to friend #2? because it doesn't. It just isn't worth being upset over. As long as I enjoy their company, it's all that counts.

but then I feel like maybe it should.. maybe I should be upset that I need to text first, or am always having to wait on someone else's plans. It just doesn't. Does it sound like I'm being walked on here? Would you be upset?

Last edited:

DarkandDusky

We Are In The Age Of Aquarius
Reaction score
Reactions
779 40 22
Alleybux
New friends are in order also it may not be you. Give her time to catch up to you. She may be going through something that you don't know about.

News Alley

Ask LSA

Top Bottom