Quantcast

Is it possible to BUY fame?

LetsGooo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,996 120 25
Alleybux
So I thought both of these TikTokers perspectives on whether or not it’s possible to buy fame was super interesting and food for thought. In summary the guy says ‘yes, with the right resources’.

The girl says ‘no —I’ve seen billionaires not be able to successfully do so’.

Which do you agree with?

EDIT: It looks like same videos below, but the second vid is the girls response to the guy.

anangelxo

I don't fix typos.
Reaction score
Reactions
76,072 2,720 1,089
Alleybux
I believe Charles. You can definitely buy fame but it’s not about how much you spend. You have to do it correctly.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
I don't think so ... being rich is not the same as being famous. That's why people with money go on reality tv ... they are sometimes rich but unknown. People want to be known.

Brittany is actually correct. You may be able to do it on IG because it's easier to lie or create someone, but on tv it doesn't translate well and after a while that person is going to come out as themselves. RH probably gets richer people that are interested in being on the show, but the personality is not there. If you aren't interesting generally or just weird but in a way that's interesting ... you probably won't be on tv. Why do you think RHOSLC's pastor ________ was the most interesting person on the show? She was just quirky and interesting from her dressing, the things she said, the church itself, her husband (actually was the least interesting) ... they would have bumped any of those boring hags for her. In real life, if you don't have it viewers will see thru you.

Last edited:

BootyCookies

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
78,095 2,448 599
Alleybux
Boiii Charles is flaming hot cheetos with a sprinkle of lime.

I think you can buy artificial fame. I mean a lot of these musical "artists" and reality "stars" do it via their PR teams. It's rarely genuine fame...like something michael jackson and the beatles had. Easily.

But whether or not the difference matters depends on what void you are trying to fill.

finessse

FINESSE QUEEN
Reaction score
Reactions
313,762 12,110 9,617
Alleybux
you can absolutely buy fame, however like the second person said, even if you have the money to get article placements and whatnot you can't force people to care about you. there has to be something interesting about you or a reason why people want to know more about you

PoppinQueen7

Dreaming….
Reaction score
Reactions
54,265 3,597 493
Alleybux
you can absolutely buy fame, however like the second person said, even if you have the money to get article placements and whatnot you can't force people to care about you. there has to be something interesting about you or a reason why people want to know more about you
I would think a female billionaire would garnish a lot of attention. I’m surprised she couldn’t buy her way into it considering people are obsessed with billionaires nowadays.

PiscesPrincess3

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
146,025 2,093 564
Alleybux
Hell yea you can buy fame.

A lot of these new age rappers are only popular & well-known because of The Shaderoom. The majority would still be trapping in their neighborhoods if they didn't pay for the publicity.

PoppinQueen7

Dreaming….
Reaction score
Reactions
54,265 3,597 493
Alleybux
You can definitely buy fame. Like Charles said, there’s a method to it. Fame is pretty easy to obtain now with social media and so many different platforms.

LetsGooo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,996 120 25
Alleybux
Boiii Charles is flaming hot cheetos with a sprinkle of lime.

I think you can buy artificial fame. I mean a lot of these musical "artists" and reality "stars" do it via their PR teams. It's rarely genuine fame...like something michael jackson and the beatles had. Easily.

But whether or not the difference matters depends on what void you are trying to fill.

Someone commented on one of the videos that Lorde achieved fame by being a guinea pig, more or less, for Spotify in their early days. They wanted to prove to the music industry that their platform had major reach so they put her on the app’s front page, and on playlists next to big name artists. It clearly worked...

Also regarding Charles, LOL. I really like his content... especially his videos on designer bags and how to spot fakes. He seems to be a well informed person regarding a lot of things...

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
I would think a female billionaire would garnish a lot of attention. I’m surprised she couldn’t buy her way into it considering people are obsessed with billionaires nowadays.

I don't think so. Oprah is a billionaire and the reason why people follow Oprah and someone like Martha Stewart is because they can make a link that keeps people interested. They are big in lifestyle even tho Oprah isn't someone you would think of when it comes to it, but she made the transition in such a smooth way. Would you really continue to follow a billionaire that you had nothing in common with ... most people wouldn't. Who wants to feel poor all the time?

PoppinQueen7

Dreaming….
Reaction score
Reactions
54,265 3,597 493
Alleybux
I don't think so. Oprah is a billionaire and the reason why people follow Oprah and someone like Martha Stewart is because they can make a link that keeps people interested. They are big in lifestyle even tho Oprah isn't someone you would think of when it comes to it, but she made the transition in such a smooth way. Would you really continue to follow a billionaire that you had nothing in common with ... most people wouldn't. Who wants to feel poor all the time?
Hmm, I still think people would at least be interested in it. If she’s a billionaire, she must be doing something that’s interesting or somewhat appealing to people. Have you seen the way people obsess over billionaires online? People in general love following wealthy people even if it makes them feel poor.

LetsGooo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,996 120 25
Alleybux
I think I agree with Charles. There are Influencers with hundreds of thousands to millions of followers who have the personality of a door knob. They just have good teams behind them (managers, photographers, stylists, etc) that make them look good.

People are easily suckered by quality aesthetics. Once you have the following, things just grow exponentially from there.

SuccessfullyMe

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
238,518 6,659 3,637
Alleybux
Hmm, I still think people would at least be interested in it. If she’s a billionaire, she must be doing something that’s interesting or somewhat appealing to people. Have you seen the way people obsess over billionaires online? People in general love following wealthy people even if it makes them feel poor.

Not really, but I only follow sales associates and gardening stuff on IG. I think I follow Ciara and that's only because she is so sweet. I thought I would unfollow, but she is always posting her kids or something uplifting.

I only hear about billionaires on LSA.

LetsGooo

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,996 120 25
Alleybux
Agreed!! A large part of the Kardashian’s success is due to them using their wealth to flaunt a lifestyle that’s unattainable to 98% of the population. People will always be interested in something they believe is scarce and highly valuable ($$$).

JonathanFrakes

BLACK AMERICAN- you are BEAUTIFUL!
Reaction score
Reactions
193,834 5,003 1,118
Alleybux
have yall seen all the celebrities who are undercover rich kids?? they get more opportunities for the major platforms. they have the best connections. more resources to succeed. just like anything, the more money you have the easier it is to attain, why oh why would fame be different?

TDiva

Chicago Demon
Reaction score
Reactions
279,050 6,444 4,267
Alleybux
T@yl0r Sw1ft is the blueprint for this.

You can buy fame but you still have to cultivate it.

MsFancy

100% That Chick
Reaction score
Reactions
5,111 215 46
Alleybux
These things won’t guarantee fame but can very well likely help if pay someone to:
Advertise you

Buy streams

Buy likes

Put you in a certain social circle or industry

Play your song in commercials/on the radio

Get plastic surgery to give you a certain look or aesthetic

Use plastic surgery to make you stand out extremely

Or maybe you could pay someone to “fake beef” with you (people love drama)

Pay for PR stunts

Pay blogs or message boards to gossip/post about you

Pay for outstanding music videos (this might have worked better in the past when things like CGI were new/innovative)

WorkItOut

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,010 3,914 1,359
Alleybux
You can have all the money in the world, but it people don’t care, you cannot make them. Why would anyone want to purchase fame when one of the main purposes of fame is money?

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,811 21,296 10,690
Alleybux
Money is important but status definitely can allow you to attain the unattainable.
What Ma Huateng can’t buy without fame.

I just google the top twenty billionaires and copy his name here so I don’t know who this is.

but he’s probably living a good life without any fame

Cryeisha

The High Priestess
Reaction score
Reactions
166,811 21,296 10,690
Alleybux
Yes but you still have to play your cards right and you can't be too boring or too ugly.
You can be ugly but you have to be distinctively ugly in the right package.

This is Marilyn Manson when he was young and he’s ugly
9a6888ced8c12a046cd690da57faa434--marilyn-manson.jpg

Wendy Williams is ugly, Mama Cass is ugly, Cardi B is leaning towards ugly, Lady Gaga is ugly’ish, etc

a lot of wyte male celebs are ugly Simon Cowell, the whole Beatles, Ringo Starr was ugly, Sonny from Sonny and Cher was ugly...

Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly. Kesha is sloppy looking and ugly. Al Pacino is short.

The linkin park lead singer was ugly, A lot of rappers are ugly, a lot of metal singers and rock singers can be ugly, etc. Miley Cyrus is funny looking. Kelly Ozbourne is ugly. The whole Ozbourne people are ugly.

Roseanne is ugly.

Beauty isn’t needed.

Last edited:

HOWUWANNA

SCROLL AND LOL
Reaction score
Reactions
41,045 2,260 1,521
Alleybux
You can be ugly but you have to be distinctively ugly in the right package.

This is Marilyn Manson when he was young and he’s ugly
9a6888ced8c12a046cd690da57faa434--marilyn-manson.jpg

Wendy Williams is ugly, Mama Cass is ugly, Cardi B is leaning towards ugly, Lady Gaga is ugly’ish, etc

a lot of wyte male celebs are ugly Simon Cowell, the whole Beatles, Ringo Starr was ugly, Sonny from Sonny and Cher was ugly...

Sarah Jessica Parker is ugly. Kesha is sloppy looking and ugly. Al Pacino is short.

The linkin park lead singer was ugly, A lot of rappers are ugly, a lot of metal singers and rock singers can be ugly, etc. Miley Cyrus is funny looking. Kelly Ozbourne is ugly. The whole Ozbourne people are ugly.

Roseanne is ugly.

Beauty isn’t needed.
When you're less attractive you have to be more interesting, talented or knowledgeable. There is still a treshold for how ugly you can be. I'd say those people you mentioned aren't ugly, just less attractive. One thing about Marilyn manson, gaga, kesha, cardi, osbourne etc they aren't boring, they're more on the outlandish side.

missmisha

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
170,268 7,763 5,725
Alleybux
It’s funny seeing charles talk about this like he’s someone interesting lol his ego is wild