Quantcast

Is Jesus Christ also God, as well, as God's Son?

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
some say that He was just a good prophet, but not God's Son. "Who do you say that He is??" And what did Jesus say about Himself?

Reaction score
Reactions
2,904 4
Alleybux
Yes he is.
Although it doesnt rationally makes sense, You have to remember, you can not apply reason to faith. Reason is finite, while faith and relgion is infinite. Finite matters will never be able to explain infinite matters.

N2Ladies

Reaffirmed
Reaction score
Reactions
272,356 43,274 20,376
Alleybux
jesus,god,buddha,yahweh,mohammed...etc. are all fictional characters made up by men for the weak and simple minded to follow,just like Santa Claus,the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy!

RxQueen.

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,955 17 17
Alleybux
What I believe is that we are all apart of God. Jesus was a man but he too was a part of God and he was also spiritually advanced. In the end it doesn't matter I guess. I could be wrong about Jesus but I do know for a fact that God exists so he's the only one I really concern myself with...

Aikko

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
8,895 18 16
Alleybux
jesus,god,buddha,yahweh,mohammed...etc. are all fictional characters made up by men for the weak and simple minded to follow,just like Santa Claus,the Easter Bunny and the Tooth Fairy!

lol what a troll. Why would you post that in the Sanctuary? SMH. :cyclops:

HamBoiBaker

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,545 4 5
Alleybux
Jesus said a lot of extravagant things about himself that's why he was killed.

~Wildflower~

꧁ CNS MS D.H.Sc. ꧂
Reaction score
Reactions
22,421 180 60
Alleybux
Is Jesus Christ also God, as well, as God's Son?

What are you trying to start World War III??? :lol: I know two people who got into an argument about this! And they went to the same church for YEARS!! :messed:

HamBoiBaker

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,545 4 5
Alleybux
Look at his trial. Blasphemy was the charge. He did piss a lot of people off along the way though.

EmpressofHearts

BLESSED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,123 127 58
Alleybux

Even if you don't believe, you do not disrespect, for this is a trait of the truly weak minded. I commend those who have a religion, ANY RELIGION, that guides them and don't use that religion to justify evil or push it down others throats. The world needs more people who have morals and even if they do wrong, they know that they've done so. What guides you?

RxQueen.

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
26,955 17 17
Alleybux
Look at his trial. Blasphemy was the charge. He did piss a lot of people off along the way though.

Blasphemy against their fµcked up system. All of the men I listed "pissed people off". Especially Gandhi.

HamBoiBaker

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,545 4 5
Alleybux
Blasphemy against their fµcked up system. All of the men I listed "pissed people off". Especially Gandhi.

I mean blasphemy as in claiming to forgive sins, work on the sabbath, have authority from God, and implicitly make himself equal with God.

Audiophilia

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,714 420 705
Alleybux
Yes, God is a spirit, so he sent "Jesus" his physical manifestation. An incarnation of God

Mythical

Billionaire
Reaction score
Reactions
2,844 2 1
Alleybux
Jesus is 100% God and 100% human.

You are human and have a child, that child would be human.

Jesus had two parents. One was the holy spirit (God) and the other was human (Mary).

Mythical

Billionaire
Reaction score
Reactions
2,844 2 1
Alleybux
Also God is triune. Meaning he is 3 in one.

There is God the Father, God the Son (Jesus) and God the Holy Spirit.

They are three distinct personalities and roles which all constitute the ONE living God.

Reaction score
Reactions
136,825 2,744 1,706
Alleybux
Even if you don't believe, you do not disrespect, for this is a trait of the truly weak minded. I commend those who have a religion, ANY RELIGION, that guides them and don't use that religion to justify evil or push it down others throats. The world needs more people who have morals and even if they do wrong, they know that they've done so. What guides you?
You can have morals without religion.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
What are you trying to start World War III??? :lol: I know two people who got into an argument about this! And they went to the same church for YEARS!! :messed:

:lol:WHATTTT??? HUH??... was it something I SAID??? :jedi:---> "...THEY were @the SAME church for YEARS!!!" ...but they didn't agree on this ONE??!! :love-over: ...makes you wonder WHAT their PASTOR was teaching them????? :SLEEP: "LAWD, help us!!!":pray:

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux

what proof do you have that Jesus Christ NEVER existed? I have proof that He did exist, and even historians have proof that He lived, and even the Jewish scholars who don't follow Him have proof that He lived and that He died and they have NEVER denied that Jesus existed. Their historical records validate that Jesus was a Teacher in their land during His ministry.[/LEFT]

In the case of the ancient Israelites and Romans, history was written by both the winners and losers, but what they wrote validates the EXISTENCE of Jesus. The Romans defeated Israel in A.D. 66 and razed Jerusalem to the ground, killing thousands. That was when the nation of Israel ceased to exist, and it didn't reappear for 1900 years.

The Romans, and many of the "establishment" Israelites, including Josephus, did not believe in the divinity of Jesus, which is why their testimony concerning his historicity is so COMPELLING. If nothing else, Jesus was crucified by the Romans--they had to believe in the fact of his existence, because they ended it. ONLY the ROMANS practiced crucifixion at that point in history.

These documents ARE scientific facts. At the time of history when they were first written, the event in question, the death of a man named JESUS of Nazareth, had happened less than one hundred years earlier. That's rather like us discussing the death of, say, Queen Victoria of England, or Abraham Lincoln. We KNOW these people existed, so when we discuss them, we simply presume that fact. It was the same way with the ancient Romans and Israelites when they discussed Jesus. They didn't doubt his existence, ONLY his divinity, and sometimes his sanity.

These manuscripts pre-dates the rise of the Church.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux

Just so you know that Jesus wasn't sounding off just to hear Himself talk! Jesus backed up EVERYTHING HE SAID... EVERYTHING!

Jesus actually spoke on many occasions explaining WHY HE WAS GOING TO DIE. One time he told his followers, "I freely lay down my life. And so I am free to take it up again. NO ONE IS TAKING MY LIFE. I lay it down by my own FREE WILL. I have the POWER to lay it down; I also have the POWER to take it up again." And on another occasion, before He was crucified as Jesus stood before Pilate, and He wouldn't respond to any of Pilate's questions, then Pilate told Jesus, "don't you know that I have the power to let you go?" and Jesus' responded, "...My Father could send a legion of angels now to rescue me if I wanted them to, but FOR THIS REASON I HAVE COME INTO THE WORLD."

Big Red

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
17,336 57 13
Alleybux
Someone once used the water analogy. Water can be Ice ,steam and a liquid with 3 different purposes yet made up of the same content.

nura0007

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,692 4
Alleybux
to the ignorant person who said Muhammad was a fictional character..there is no dispute that he lived, just like there is no dispute that Julius Ceasar lived. It wasnt even that long ago, you need to learn World History. You may dispute that he was a prophet or not, but you cant deny that he was a man that actually lived. He was simply a man anyways, not God or a part of Him.

to the point Jesus is not God, nor is he God's offspring did he say he was God. He was a living example of God's word for his people, and a prophet.

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,851 3,189 1,591
Alleybux

Boy you can tell who never did any research or read the bible.

he never said "extravagant" things. He never even called himself "King of the Jews". But i bet you didn't know that.

Keep talking folks, your showing out your knowledge in 500 words or less!!!

Jasmine Benz

"Pick-Me" Hunter
Reaction score
Reactions
176,851 3,189 1,591
Alleybux

Even Pontious Pilate didn't find a thing wrong with him, and he was the man who got the last word if someone was guilty or not. He even washed his hands of his death.

Please folks, pick up a bible and actually read the material before you make any conclusions! You sound really dumb right now.

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,879 1,224 1,730
Alleybux
In scripture Jesus said he and his father are one so that means they are one in the same. Thats what I believe also, Jesus is just a physical representation of God on earth Jesus didn't say he was another God but he is in his father. He is both. not separate as others think.

John 1:1 - "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. "John 1:14 - "And the Word became flesh, and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory, glory as of the only begotten from the Father, full of grace and truth."

John 10:30-33 - "I and the Father are one." 31 The Jews took up stones again to stone Him. 32 Jesus answered them, "I showed you many good works from the Father; for which of them are you stoning Me?" 33 The Jews answered Him, "For a good work we do not stone You, but for blasphemy; and because You, being a man, make Yourself out to be God."

He was telling them who he was but they didn't believe him.

Col. 2:9 - "For in Him all the fullness of Deity dwells in bodily form."

Isaiah 44:6 - "Thus says the Lord, the King of Israel and his Redeemer, the Lord of hosts: ‘I am the first and I am the last, and there is no God besides Me."

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,879 1,224 1,730
Alleybux
just a simple statement of fact not hate or trolling. why else was he killed?

He was killed because he was a sacrifice He knew he was going to die to save us thats why God didn't save him because he took all of our sins onto his body. By his stripes we are healed. He died because he already knew that was in God's plan to help us What a wonderful God is that to sacrifice a part of himself to save us, What better gift is that. Satan thought he was trying to do something when he tried to kill Jesus the first time when he was a baby through King Herod but that didn't work. Then he tried to stop the gospel from spreading Why do you think Jesus said what he said during the last supper? They had the first communion. This is my body Do this in remembrance of me Plus he knew that Judas was going to betray him ahead of time. He already knew what was going on.

Jesus didn't get killed because he was going against the religious system at the time. It's deeper than that. He was a wanted and marked man before he was born God ordained his death That's why he didn't get killed when they was hunting him down as an infant.
God protected him until he did what he had to do for us and during his last breath thats why he said "It is Finish." His job of the prophecy was done.

EmpressofHearts

BLESSED
Reaction score
Reactions
18,123 127 58
Alleybux

Most if not all morals originate from various religions or schools of thought whether it is Confucianism, Christianity, Islam, Hinduism, Buddhism, Judaism, whatever it might be. You didn't just come up with your own moral codes because these are ones that have existed for centuries and have been mutually agreed on (for the most part) by humanity. You learn your morals from somewhere whether it is in school or in the home.

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,879 1,224 1,730
Alleybux

The thing is people with no sense of spirituality can have morals but their morality system may vary from another person, If you set your own morals that mean you wanna live your life by your own standards. You may be a good person with a good heart, but what does that say about people that don't have good morals? What if they live their lives doing whatever they want with no regards to anybody? It's not being realistic to make up your own morality code. The world doesn't work like that. With or without God in our lives, we still have to live by someone's guidelines We can't live how we want to because there will be always consequences to our actions even if you don't believe in God. You still have to have to answer to the human system of things and that's just how life is. You can't get away from that.

Omsarm

Asiya
Reaction score
Reactions
2,110 1
Alleybux
OP, if you aren't already familiar with the Islamic pov on Jesus, peace and blessings be on to him, i'd suggest you familiarize yourself with it.

this link is pretty good for starters:
Bible Islam - Who Was Jesus?

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
to the ignorant person who said Muhammad was a fictional character..there is no dispute that he lived, just like there is no dispute that Julius Ceasar lived. It wasnt even that long ago, you need to learn World History. You may dispute that he was a prophet or not, but you cant deny that he was a man that actually lived. He was simply a man anyways, not God or a part of Him.

to the point Jesus is not God, nor is he God's offspring did he say he was God. He was a living example of God's word for his people, and a prophet.

okay, you make some good arguments! some 'food for thought!' BUT Jesus did say that He was God! Let's look at what Jesus TEACHES In John 1:1-5 "At the beginning GOD expressed HIMSELF. That personal expression, that WORD was WITH GOD, and [that WORD] WAS GOD, and HE existed WITH GOD FROM THE BEGINNING. All creation took place THROUGH HIM {Jesus Christ], and none OF CREATION took place WITHOUT HIM. In Him, appeared LIFE and this life was the LIGHT of mankind. The LIGHT still shines in the darkness and the darkness has NEVER put it out.

"So the WORD OF GOD (Christ The Anointed One) became a human being (Jesus) and lived among us. We saw His splendour (the splendour as of a Father’s ONLY SON), full of Grace and Truth. And it was about Him that John stood up and testified, exclaiming: “Here is the One I was speaking about when I said that although He would come after me, He would always be in front of me; because He existed before I was born!” Indeed, every one of us has shared in His riches—there is a Grace in our lives because of his grace. For while the Law was given by Moses, LOVE and TRUTH came through Jesus Christ. It is true that no one has ever seen God at any time. Yet the Divine and ONLY SON, who lives in the closest intimacy with the Father, has made Him (The Father) known [through the Son]." John 1:1-14-18

now MORE to the point, I'm showing you proof that Jesus is God or God's Son? Even the Quran SAYS that Jesus was BORN FROM A VIRGIN, MARY, and that JESUS WAS SENT BY GOD." does it not??? THAT being said, then my next question is, "WHO IS JESUS THE CHRIST's FATHER?" well we all know that a VIRGIN has not HAD xes. So Who is Jesus' Father? Why not let Jesus Christ tell us Himself! And since Muhammad proclaimed widely throughout your book that Jesus Christ was "A GREAT PROPHET SENT BY GOD," then maybe you will BELIEVE JESUS' TEACHINGS.

Jesus, Himself, had to deal with these REJECTIONS by the Religious-driven Jewish leaders of His Day (not the people, but the RELIGIOUS LEADERS who didn't want to lose the control over their people + $$$'s into their treasures) when they constantly rejected Him as being "SENT FROM GOD", and constantly challenged His Authority & Power to do the things He did. Let's LISTEN in on Jesus' TEACHINGS:

1. JESUS IS GOD (I AM THAT I AM).
“Jesus said, "I'm NOT crazy. I simply honor My Father, while you dishonor Me. I am not trying to get anything for Myself. God intends something gloriously grand here, and is making the decisions that will bring it about. I say this with absolute confidence. If you PRACTICE what I'm telling you, you'll never have to look death in the face."

At this point, the Jews leaders said, "Now we know you're crazy. Abraham died. The prophets died. And you show up saying, 'If you practice what I'm telling you, you'll never have to face death, not even a taste.' ARE YOU GREATER THAN ABRAHAM? Or THE PROPHETS WHO HAVE DIED! WHO DO YOU THINK YOU ARE!"

Jesus said, "If I turned the spotlight on Myself, it wouldn't amount to anything. But My Father, the same One you say is your Father, put Me here at this time and place of splendor. You haven't recognized Him in this. But I have. If I, in false modesty, said I didn't know what was going on, I would be as much of a liar as you are. But I do know, and I am doing what He says. Abraham—your 'father'— with jubilant FAITH looked down the 'Corridors of History,' and saw My day coming. He saw it and cheered." “The Jews said, "You're not even 50 years old—and Abraham saw you?" "Believe Me," said Jesus, "I AM WHO I AM long before Abraham was alive."

(2) JESUS IS GOD'S SON. Listen in on Jesus’ TEACHINGS again on the matter:

12 Later, Jesus spoke to the people again and said, “I AM THE LIGHT OF THE WORLD. The person who follows Me will never walk in the dar,k but will live his life in the LIGHT.”
13 This made the Pharisees say to him, “You are testifying to yourself— your evidence is not valid.”

14-18 Jesus answered, “Even if I am testifying to Myself, my evidence is valid, because I KNOW WHERE I COME FROM AND WHERE I AM RETURNING. But as for you, YOU HAVE NO IDEA where I come from or where I am going. You are judging BY HUMAN STANDARDS, but I am not judging anyone. Yet if I should judge, My decision would be just BECAUSE I AM not alone. THE FATHER WHO SENT ME. In your Law, it is stated that the witness of two persons is valid. I am one testifying to myself and the second witness to me is the Father who sent me.”

19 “And where is this FATHER of YOURS?” they replied. “You do not know My Father,” replies Jesus, “any more than you know Me: if you had known Me, you would have known Him.”

20 Jesus made these statements while He was TEACHING in the Temple treasury. Yet no one arrested Him, for His time [TO DIE FOR THE SINS OF THE WORLD] had not yet come.

21 Later, Jesus spoke to them again and said, “I am going away and you will try to find Me, but you will DIE IN YOUR SINS. You cannot come where I AM going.”

22 This made the Jews say, “Is he going to kill himself, then? Is that why he says, “You cannot come where I am going’?”

23-24 “The difference between us,” Jesus said to them, “is that you come from below, and I am from Above. You belong to this world, but I do NOT. That is why I said, "you will die in your sins BECAUSE UNLESS YOU BELIEVE THAT I AM WHO I SAY I AM, YOU WILL DIE IN YOUR SINS."

25-26 Then they said, “WHO ARE YOU?” “I AM WHAT I HAVE TOLD YOU FROM THE BEGINNING,” replied Jesus. “There is much in you that I could speak about and condemn. But He Who sent me is True, and I AM ONLY SPEAKING to this world what I Myself HEAR FROM HIM.”

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
OP, if you aren't already familiar with the Islamic pov on Jesus, peace and blessings be on to him, i'd suggest you familiarize yourself with it.

this link is pretty good for starters:
Bible Islam - Who Was Jesus?

Nicccccce try, but you can't prove the Bible is NOT saying what it is saying just BECAUSE you choose one sentence out of an ENTIRE conversation in the Bible, and then say that is not what God means. If I had the time, I could go down the list on your website and prove my point. But I don't have that kind of time. For instance, you picked ONE sentence out of the ENTIRE conversation that the Angel Gabriel is having with Mary. Then your rebuttal is that God wasn't REALLY saying that Jesus would be called "The Son of God." Don't you think the rest of that conversation is important? Apparently, God does because the Angel Gabrielle is still talking to Mary. Let's look together at the HOLY SCRIPTURE of Luke 1:35 as you listed it on your website with your note or thoughts as follows:

"He will be called the Son of God." [Luke 1:35] "Note: This does not state he "is" the son, but rather, he will be "called" the son of God. Or was he the "one anointed to preach Good News to the poor." prophesied by Isaiah, and the Messiah proclaimed by Gabriel, the followers of Jesus, peace be upon him, Jesus, himself and the remained of the New Testament, he evidently would not be God.

~~~~~
Okay, and you just stopped there?? Why would you reject the rest of the conversation? God, through Angel Gabrielle, is giving Mary information. I think this is important, don't you? There will be no clarity if you omit information in the Holy Scriptures. Let's read further together in their conversation, and maybe we will encounter some LIGHT ....

"And the Angel SAID to her,' Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found grace (free, spontaneous, absolute favor and loving-kindness) with God.

"And listen! You will become pregnant and will give birth to a Son, and you shall call His NAME JESUS.

"He will be GREAT (eminent) and will be called THE SON OF THE MOST HIGH; and the LORD God will give to Him the throne of His forefather David. And He will reign over the House of Jacob throughout the ages; and of His reign there will be no end.)

"And Mary SAID to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no [intimacy with any man as a] husband?"

"Then the Angel SAID to her, "THE HOLY SPIRIT will come upon you, and THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH will overshadow you [like a shining cloud]; and so THE HOLY (pure, sinless) THING (OFFSPRING) which WILL BE BORN FROM YOU WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD.

"And listen! Your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is now the sixth month with her who was called barren.

"Because, WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, and NO WORD FROM GOD SHALL BE WITHOUT POWER or IMPOSSIBLE OF FULFILLMENT.

"Then Mary SAID, Behold, I am the handmaiden of the LORD; let it be done to me according to what you have said. And the angel left her." Luke 3:31-38
[/I]

Of course, you have to WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH. Honesty is IMPORTANT to God. He knows whether you are seeking to really Know Him.

gemstonehag

Blessed!
Reaction score
Reactions
3,116 2
Alleybux
Jesus was God in the flesh. God came to this earth as a baby. people just don't believe that God, who created the universe, could do such a thing LOL. i don't understand this. is he not caplable of doing this? he is the almighty God. he can do whatever he wants.

Bilkis6th

Blessed
Reaction score
Reactions
72,850 2,269 1,246
Alleybux
See this is something I will never understand about christians is like the concept of God and blind faith in him like Jews and Muslims have is impossible to them they personified God ... Muslims believe in all prophets all the way to Mohamed(PSL) including Jesus , Jews believe in Moses and the message he brought to them... But to Jews and Muslims not matter how much and respect they have for these individuals they are still God's creatures. God is the almighty ABOVE anyone and anything else.
They pray to God and thank God only ...
You will never any Jew or Muslim say things Christians say such Thank you Jesus or call any prophet the son of God.
Jesus is praised highly in the Quran so is his mother... But he is still at the end of the day a MAN a creature of God and not God himself ...
Its like in order to believe in God Christians need to think he came on earth in a form of a human and has a mother to believe in him... As opposed to Jews and Muslims who believe in his power and might and place him above all with no equal without personifying him putting a face on him . Just faith in its rawest form