Quantcast

Is Jesus Christ also God, as well, as God's Son?

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
See this is something I will never understand about christians is like the concept of God and blind faith in him like Jews and Muslims have is impossible to them they personified God ... Muslims believe in all prophets all the way to Mohamed(PSL) including Jesus , Jews believe in Moses and the message he brought to them... But to Jews and Muslims not matter how much and respect they have for these individuals they are still God's creatures. God is the almighty ABOVE anyone and anything else.
They pray to God and thank God only ...
You will never any Jew or Muslim say things Christians say such Thank you Jesus or call any prophet the son of God.
Jesus is praised highly in the Quran so is his mother... But he is still at the end of the day a MAN a creature of God and not God himself ...
Its like in order to believe in God Christians need to think he came on earth in a form of a human and has a mother to believe in him... As opposed to Jews and Muslims who believe in his power and might and place him above all with no equal without personifying him putting a face on him . Just faith in its rawest form

My God says, "the things of God don't make sense to the person who is NOT born-again." But He invites anyone who wants to KNOW Him, to come to Him, and He won't turn you away, But He will give you a NEW heart, a NEW life, His Spiritual DNA. It's a GIFT from God through His Son. The only requirement is that YOU BELIEVE that His Son died to cleanse all your sin away (past, present and future). Then you will understand and know what we know.:victory: :love::pdance:

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,852 1,219 1,730
Alleybux
Here is the thing All Christians don't believe that Jesus is God in the flesh. You have some who believe the same as Muslims regarding Christ Just like I said before its all about which denomination that each Christian is in. Their doctrines. Some Christians have unBiblical beliefs based on what doctrine that their denomination founder believed. My opinion is some Christians are not interpreting scripture in God's point of view. Some are borrowing ideas from their denominational leaders instead or interpreting scripture the way they want to see it

I'm more incline to follow what God said instead of listening and believing what someone says Thats why I'm a Christian who follows Christianity and Judaism I'm not talking about regular Orthodox Judaism that you see today, I'm talking about Messianic Judaism because I truly believe thats what God wants for us Jew and Gentile to be one. God didn't intend for us to be messing around with all these denominations that separates us. In the beginning there was no sects or doctrines There was two groups of believers according to our bible. Jew and Gentle and in scripture it says basically the group that gave us the gospel, will find their way back to Jesus because they will see and believe that he is who he said he was. But thats not a popular belief in some Christian and Jewish sects because the doctrine of Replacement theology which replaces the Church in scripture where it's talking about the Jewish people and Israel. Plus the strong idea of anti Zionism thinking that Jews was at fault for Jesus being killed etc and for Jews, the idea that Jesus is not the Messiah.

So it's basically comes down to this. Everybody is entitled to what they believe All three faiths have a specific period where we will know which faith is the true faith according to our gospel. We will definitely know when the time comes no doubt

Omsarm

Asiya
Reaction score
Reactions
2,110 1
Alleybux
OP, what's the purpose of this thread? The intent seems insincere.

to ask one-sided questions only to 'disprove' the answer, and show someone 'wrong' they are = insincerity.

I don't do these internet debates because its a rat race and really pointless, imho. Reality is that this topic can be debated until the grave, so let's leave the debating for the scholars. This question/topic goes beyond the scope of LSA.

My sincere advice (i mean this in no condescending way):

read more on this topic (a lot of good material on this topic is already avaible.. you just have to take the time to find it), study the Bible in its entirety, the history, the original language (this should be done with any holy book), and last but not certainly NOT least, ask help and seek guidance from your Creator constantly.

As a poster already mentioned, we all will eventually find out the truth with certainty when we meet our maker.... when we stand in front of our Creator, the Creator of Jesus, Muhammad, and Moses.

just my 2 pennies...

Peace and blessings.

"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." Quran Chapter 3

Say, "God is One. God , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." Quran Chapter 112

eta: Chapter 19 in the Quran is titled Chapter Maryam (Mary) after Jesus's mother. This chapter discusses Jesus, Mary with utmost respect, and goes in detail about the birth of Jesus :good: for anyone interested: Surat Maryam - The Holy Qur'an - ?????? ??????

nura0007

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,692 4
Alleybux
Nicccccce try, but you can't prove the Bible is NOT saying what it is saying just BECAUSE you choose one sentence out of an ENTIRE conversation in the Bible, and then say that is not what God means. If I had the time, I could go down the list on your website and prove my point. But I don't have that kind of time. For instance, you picked ONE sentence out of the ENTIRE conversation that the Angel Gabriel is having with Mary. Then your rebuttal is that God wasn't REALLY saying that Jesus would be called "The Son of God." Don't you think the rest of that conversation is important? Apparently, God does because the Angel Gabrielle is still talking to Mary. Let's look together at the HOLY SCRIPTURE of Luke 1:35 as you listed it on your website with your note or thoughts as follows:

"He will be called the Son of God." [Luke 1:35] "Note: This does not state he "is" the son, but rather, he will be "called" the son of God. Or was he the "one anointed to preach Good News to the poor." prophesied by Isaiah, and the Messiah proclaimed by Gabriel, the followers of Jesus, peace be upon him, Jesus, himself and the remained of the New Testament, he evidently would not be God.

~~~~~
Okay, and you just stopped there?? Why would you reject the rest of the conversation? God, through Angel Gabrielle, is giving Mary information. I think this is important, don't you? There will be no clarity if you omit information in the Holy Scriptures. Let's read further together in their conversation, and maybe we will encounter some LIGHT ....

"And the Angel SAID to her,' Do not be afraid, Mary, for you have found grace (free, spontaneous, absolute favor and loving-kindness) with God.

"And listen! You will become pregnant and will give birth to a Son, and you shall call His NAME JESUS.

"He will be GREAT (eminent) and will be called THE SON OF THE MOST HIGH; and the LORD God will give to Him the throne of His forefather David. And He will reign over the House of Jacob throughout the ages; and of His reign there will be no end.)

"And Mary SAID to the angel, "How can this be, since I have no [intimacy with any man as a] husband?"

"Then the Angel SAID to her, "THE HOLY SPIRIT will come upon you, and THE POWER OF THE MOST HIGH will overshadow you [like a shining cloud]; and so THE HOLY (pure, sinless) THING (OFFSPRING) which WILL BE BORN FROM YOU WILL BE CALLED THE SON OF GOD.

"And listen! Your relative Elizabeth in her old age has also conceived a son, and this is now the sixth month with her who was called barren.

"Because, WITH GOD, NOTHING IS IMPOSSIBLE, and NO WORD FROM GOD SHALL BE WITHOUT POWER or IMPOSSIBLE OF FULFILLMENT.

"Then Mary SAID, Behold, I am the handmaiden of the LORD; let it be done to me according to what you have said. And the angel left her." Luke 3:31-38 [/I]

Of course, you have to WANT TO KNOW THE TRUTH. Honesty is IMPORTANT to God. He knows whether you are seeking to really Know Him.

Are you sure you are understanding the words "son" and "father" as they are meant to be understood (not the English meaning of those words).
Much of what is meant, and what is understood is lost when words are improperly translated, and applied. Are there not other places in which "son of God" is applied to individuals other than Jesus, and in what context is it being used? Do u understand the words of Jesus as he said them or are you reading a loose translation of a translation? Something to consider. When we seek truth we have to use our God-given intellect, and that may mean learning a launguage etc.

I dont want to argue the point, but there is so much research from linguists, religious scholars out there on this topic from many angles.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
Are you sure you are understanding the words "son" and "father" as they are meant to be understood (not the English meaning of those words).
Much of what is meant, and what is understood is lost when words are improperly translated, and applied. Are there not other places in which "son of God" is applied to individuals other than Jesus, and in what context is it being used? Do u understand the words of Jesus as he said them or are you reading a loose translation of a translation? Something to consider. When we seek truth we have to use our God-given intellect, and that may mean learning a launguage etc.

I dont want to argue the point, but there is so much research from linguists, religious scholars out there on this topic from many angles.

Nothing to argue. God's WORD speaks for Himself. It really is His-story! He is in CONTROL of all things!

... yes, God has given us intelligence (finite), but He has also given us His Intelligence, His INFINITE WISDOM = His Holy Spirit (The Spirit of Christ) who has been made our WISDOM. This is why He says "have no other God besides Me." Many make their OWN intelligence as their god, a spirit of PRIDE. And God says, "I resist the proud!" He won't bother to show you if you are NOT willing to 'decrease so He can INCREASE". God doesn't make this up as He goes. He has been CLEAR since the beginning and He does NOT change. He has taken amazing steps to record His-story so we will know "the Way, the Truth and the Life" - how to get to the Father ...

NOTHING is lost or improperly translated. The original Greek root word for 'Son" is the primary root word "uiÔo/v", which translates to "Huios" pronounced "hwee-os' which translates into English "a Son:"

1. referring to an "offspring."
  2. in a restricted sense, the male offspring (one born by a FATHER and of a mother)
  3. in a wider sense, a Descendant, one of the posterity of anyone,
  4. used to describe "one who depends on Another or is His follower or a His pupil."

There are many times throughout His-story that He identifies the "Sons of God":

• Son of God used to describe Adam (Luke 3:38)
  • used preeminently of Jesus Christ, as enjoying the Supreme Love of God
  • those who are Born Again (Luke 20:36)
  • those whom God esteems as Sons, whom He loves, protects and benefits above others
  • in the OT, used referring to the Angels, and the Jews;
  • in the NT, used referring to 'born-again' Christians
  • those whose character God, as a loving FATHER, shapes by His chastisements because He loves His Children. (Hebrews 12:5-8)
  • those who revere God as their Father,
  • the pious worshippers of God,
  • those who in character and life resemble God;
  • those who are directed by His HOLY WORD,
  • those who are governed by the Spirit of God, repose the same calm and JOYFUL TRUST IN GOD, which children naturally have in their parents (Romans 8:14, Galatians 3:26),
  • the Blessedness and Glory of the Life Eternal will openly wear this dignity (crowns) of the 'Sons of God'.
  • those united to Him in affectionate intimacy: His Grace
  • those privy to His saving councils: His Holy Spirit, His Wisdom
  • those obedient to the Father's Will in all His acts:
  • those who humbly surrender their free wills over to His Will.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
OP, what's the purpose of this thread? The intent seems insincere.
to ask one-sided questions only to 'disprove' the answer, and show someone 'wrong' they are = insincerity.

I don't do these internet debates because its a rat race and really pointless, imho. Reality is that this topic can be debated until the grave, so let's leave the debating for the scholars. This question/topic goes beyond the scope of LSA.

My sincere advice (i mean this in no condescending way):

read more on this topic (a lot of good material on this topic is already avaible.. you just have to take the time to find it), study the Bible in its entirety, the history, the original language (this should be done with any holy book), and last but not certainly NOT least, ask help and seek guidance from your Creator constantly.

As a poster already mentioned, we all will eventually find out the truth with certainty when we meet our maker.... when we stand in front of our Creator, the Creator of Jesus, Muhammad, and Moses.

just my 2 pennies...

Peace and blessings.

"Truly, the likeness of Jesus with God is as the likeness of Adam. He created him of dust, and then said to him, 'Be!' and he was." Quran Chapter 3

Say, "God is One. God , the Eternal Refuge. He neither begets nor is born, Nor is there to Him any equivalent." Quran Chapter 112

eta: Chapter 19 in the Quran is titled Chapter Maryam (Mary) after Jesus's mother. This chapter discusses Jesus, Mary with utmost respect, and goes in detail about the birth of Jesus :good: for anyone interested: Surat Maryam - The Holy Qur'an - ?????? ??????

I am as sincere as you are. I don't see that it's a one-sided question. I call it 'dialoguing and reasoning together over the HOLY SCRIPTURES. Jesus TAUGHT that we are to search the HOLY Scriptures because they speak of Who He is. "Search the Scriptures because they testify of Me." I have no ulterior motive other than to shed some LIGHT. God says, "The ENTRANCE of My Word brings LIGHT." We all need LIGHT.

I am not responsible for why you are upset @ my response. I'm not upset by your expression of your beliefs.

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,852 1,219 1,730
Alleybux
Question: N2 haha why are you disagreeing with folks when you don't even believe? Don't you have to have a belief to agree or disagree? Just saying

CaramelCutie757

Non Conformist
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
36,852 1,219 1,730
Alleybux
To the Muslims, I wondered about how the Quran talked about Jesus life I think we can somehow share our beliefs and talk about the differences. We may disagree but at least we can start opening a thoughtful discussion instead of always coming at each other, I don't think the op is trying to do that. According to the bible a person has to be willing to listen to the Word and receive it.

Royal Crown

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
1,427 7 32
Alleybux
..our FAITH opens up the 'corridors of Heaven" into The "SECRET PLACE" where The KING, Our Father GOD, (“The Most High God) waits for His children to come to love on Him... we get to experience 'Heaven on earth' in His Sweet Holy Presence, which is a place of total Bliss... (there are no human words to describe it - the closest word I think of is 'Ecstasy' ( a state of consciousness characterized by expanded spiritual awareness euphoria )...there is such a Sweet Precious Presence of the LORD ...what an atmosphere of pure JOY... we get to enjoy that atmosphere simply by thanking & praising Him for "Who He is." \o/ \o/

KeepItReal

General Manager
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Look at it like a egg. A egg has 3 parts the shell, white part and the yoke that make up the egg. All individual parts but together they form the egg. Like Father, Son, Holy Spirit all seperate individuals together form One.

Hope that helps