Quantcast

Is Lawrence's Character Really Needed At This Point?

Intimacy

Heaven, Moon and Stars
Reaction score
Reactions
470,911 7,773 1,020
Alleybux
NO!!!

LMAO

But I think he is there because in real life if my situation was like Issa's and Lawrence's I would probably still have some connection to my ex

On the other hand, I do feel he is calling her now because she is successful living her life without him and it almost feels like he wants to (if he could or can) go back to Issa because it feels normal

Issa is his comfort zone

Itsmeokay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,221 5,150 1,146
Alleybux
I don't think they necessarily need to be around each other but I have always been intrigued by his story line. They really did a good job of fleshing that character out, even moreso than Molly and the other girls.

BossladyMAED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,228 79 9
Alleybux
Well I guess after the latest episode we see why his character has been around every season.

Sidenote: The TSA guy...... maybe I am not as young as I used to be but do people really meet up in the street and announce to the entire world that they had causal xes??? Like wtf!?

That would have set me entirely off!

BossladyMAED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,228 79 9
Alleybux
Who else thinks Condola is preggo?

She kept calling back to back to talk? Talk about what? Didn't seem to me like her character was the pressed to get it type....so what do you think she wants to talk about??

BossladyMAED

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
7,228 79 9
Alleybux
I hope she isn't. That just adds another layer of drama on top of drama. I literally only watched season 2 AND season 3 and ALL of season 4 JUST to see them get back together.

I don't have time for this!

A baby is a nail in the coffin for them and they are only reason why I watch the damn show! :cry

LadyJay3286

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,259 38 32
Alleybux
Yes please get rid of him. Didn't like him ever since he was on The Game! He's still goofy AF

MissShawna

Do your ghetto antics know no bounds!?
Reaction score
Reactions
228,832 6,531 2,493
Alleybux
Ngl I think Lawrence/Jay Ellis is fine AF, and I like his “happy” Lawrence character. But I definitely don’t want to deal with him being all angsty about having to deal with a baby mama.

and folks in the other thread saying that Issa should deal with the baby mama just like he dealt with her cheating, there’s no comparison. I couldn’t deal with a baby mama especially in that situation where everything is going great, you’re falling back in love then BAM!!

So maybe he will be off the show now.

Chicago2021

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
10,960 1,498 894
Alleybux
Nope.

I mean if they actually go through with him being a dad next season (I happen to think they will do some dumb sh!t like she has a miscarriage and we are right back to square one with Issa and Lawrence) then I imagine they will sell it as "We haven't seem how young Black folks handle co-parenting on the show so here is the opportunity".

But honestly Lawrence needs to totally be off the show, if the main characters are Issa and Molly obviously it totally makes sense to keep finding plot for them to be involved in because duh they are the stars but Lawrence is a secondary character and is supposed to be there only in relation to Issa and if they are broken up we don't need to see him anymore.

I know Insecure isn't The Wire, but one thing I admire about that show is when someone had to die they were out, didn't matter if they were a fan favorite or what, their character was just done.

I wish the Insecure writers would have the bravery to just end Lawrence being on the show once and for all, but they are too beholden to thinking Black Twitter would lose their mind, totally not taking into account if they did the work to have a better character in his place (or no character at all, let Issa be on her old for a bit), then Black Twitter would still be fully invested.