Quantcast

Is LW ATL going to air the new season?

TanyasCrystals

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,808 452 131
Alleybux
I know they had been filming or done filming when Minnie died. I’m wondering if they’re just not going to air the new season now or if they’re scrambling to give Minnie a better edit?

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
I don’t think the Little Women shows are coming back, period. Between Christy’s baby dying and Minnie’s passing, seems like Lifetime is abandoning the franchise altogether.

Minnie died just days after they released the first promo commercial for season 6. To have released a promo in the first place they were probably in the end stages of filming/ majority of the storylines edited. Minnie’s unexpected death threw a wrench in all that; can’t make a dead woman the butt of the jokes. If the rumors about her boyfriend are true, that whole storyline has to be scrapped in respect to her family (and it would’ve been a major one because Minnie’s looking for love in all the wrong places was a big part of her portrayal). Now you have very little usable footage. In a normal situation, that would be alright because more episodes could be filmed; the first few episodes could be tributary but then the rest could focus on a new storyline. Of course, in a COVID 19 world further filming is impossible. LWATL is an ensemble cast; I don’t think they can get away with a season of quarantine footage like the 90 Day Fiancé ilk.

Long story short, I don’t think there’s enough usable footage to air a season as planned of Little Women Atlanta (or LA for that matter), and they can’t film anymore to make up for cut plots due to COVID-19.

Peroxide

ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ//ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
179,931 5,192 643
Alleybux
I was just thinking about this yesterday. I dont think it's coming back any time soon :/ they'd have to re edit all if Minnie's scenes. If they didnt, I think a lot of people would feel bad for going in on a dead woman.

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
So if HerpDerp isn’t lying, they’re currently filming in Atlanta
x8nu7gqrj3751.jpg

Maybe pushing the premiere to fall? This is in such bad taste, flying these women out and having them get together during a pandemic. Is the show really worth all that?

ETA they’re definitely still filming. Both Monie and Andrea posted the memorial they had for Minnie tonight on their IG stories, it was clearly filmed for the show. Tammie was there too.

Last edited:

RanRanFanFan

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 17 21
Alleybux
x8nu7gqrj3751.jpg

Maybe pushing the premiere to fall? This is in such bad taste, flying these women out and having them get together during a pandemic. Is the show really worth all that?

ETA they’re definitely still filming. Both Monie and Andrea posted the memorial they had for Minnie tonight that was clearly filmed for the show. Tammie was there too.

I dislike the "Cheeks" but I wouldn't mind watching them interact now that they aren't friends anymore

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
I dislike the "Cheeks" but I wouldn't mind watching them interact now that they aren't friends anymore

Rightcheek said she wasn’t coming back months ago. Actually, she spoke for both her and leftcheek, but since the falling out she clearly doesn’t allow herpderp to be her mouthpiece anymore.

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,460 2,981 249
Alleybux
I think right cheek is mad that lifetime is done with her and her nasty attitude and she has a onlyfans now I guess she coints are drying up

Mandaazi

New ID: Solarsexual
Reaction score
Reactions
60,406 2,971 1,392
Alleybux
I don’t think the Little Women shows are coming back, period. Between Christy’s baby dying and Minnie’s passing, seems like Lifetime is abandoning the franchise altogether.

Minnie died just days after they released the first promo commercial for season 6. To have released a promo in the first place they were probably in the end stages of filming/ majority of the storylines edited. Minnie’s unexpected death threw a wrench in all that; can’t make a dead woman the butt of the jokes. If the rumors about her boyfriend are true, that whole storyline has to be scrapped in respect to her family (and it would’ve been a major one because Minnie’s looking for love in all the wrong places was a big part of her portrayal). Now you have very little usable footage. In a normal situation, that would be alright because more episodes could be filmed; the first few episodes could be tributary but then the rest could focus on a new storyline. Of course, in a COVID 19 world further filming is impossible. LWATL is an ensemble cast; I don’t think they can get away with a season of quarantine footage like the 90 Day Fiancé ilk.

Long story short, I don’t think there’s enough usable footage to air a season as planned of Little Women Atlanta (or LA for that matter), and they can’t film anymore to make up for cut plots due to COVID-19.
I was just thinking about Minnie, the favourite vilain, truly missing her. The fights and pettiness but also the friendships with her were always my highlights... Sigh RIH.

RanRanFanFan

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,014 17 21
Alleybux
I recently read an article stating that the season is still in production. It seems they started filming in early February and were mostly done before Minnie died (RIP). We know that they filmed extra scenes to honor her, but it seems that they are still filming more. And I am sure the Corona Virus had a huge part to play in the delay as well. I can only guess they are trying to film scenes with someone else as the villain as Minnie was usually the one to play that role. But this is merely speculation

I tried to see if there was a pattern between how long it took for LWATL to air after the previous season has ended but the dates are very random and season 6 took over a year to air after the end of season 5.

All in all, I have no idea when this thing is going to air

fkvueKX.png

Da_Fuqqq

#BLACKGIRLMAGIC
Reaction score
Reactions
47,274 1,413 445
Alleybux
I actually don’t mind if left cheek coming back she ask way differently without herp herp

x8nu7gqrj3751.jpg

ETA they’re definitely still filming. Both Monie and Andrea posted the memorial they had for Minnie tonight on their IG stories, it was clearly filmed for the show. Tammie was there too.

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
They’re definitely still filming, I follow Abira and Monie and they both just recently posted pics of themselves at a Halloween party. Abira also posted pics of her showmance boyfriend ex Bumpman at a show get together with her.

It seems like they scrapped the entire season they had planned prior to Minnie’s passing for a new one. They’ve been filming since May/June so it can’t just be a couple replacement scenes/episodes, they’ve changed the direction of the show entirely.

At this point, since they’re still filming and there’s editing to be done, I think they’ll come back around spring 2021. I still think this is the end of the Little Women franchise as a whole; LA is clearly not coming back because the restrictions and expenses are way higher, and even if this season of ATL is great it’s coming almost 2 years after the last season... too late to sustain an audience who has moved on from them. End of an era.

What are the rumors about her boyfriend?

If you were referring to Minnie’s boyfriend, the rumor is that he was cheating on her, she busted him, and was chasing him down the freeway when the accident happened. He was NO WHERE to be found at her funeral or burial, which says a lot to me. How was she your future wife and mother to your kids, but you weren’t at her funeral? Even if Tammy didn’t like him I can’t see her completely blocking him from attendance if he wasn’t involved in what happened. And yes this still stands during covid times, a serious boyfriend> random extended cousins or family friends.

ETA they’re back in January
z0xe9oc83yr51.jpg

UniquelyGemini

Established
Reaction score
Reactions
141,784 6,198 1,771
Alleybux

Hmmmmm

Oh geez the account is private and I don’t know how to resize the damn SS but the man she was dating had a birthday bash for Minnie and is claiming he misses her. I wonder what the real story is!!!!!

Last edited:

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,243 11,118 1,704
Alleybux

Hmmmmm

Oh geez the account is private and I don’t know how to resize the damn SS but the man had a birthday bash for Minnie and is claiming he misses her. I wonder what the real story is!!!!!

Can you try uploading the screenshots to an image hosting site like imgur or imgbb, and then posting a link here?

Regardless, dude is scummy and bummy and that none of Minnie’s family, friends, or castmates ever address his ugly ass says a lot. Minnie’s mom threw her a birthday balloon release as well and once again, he was no where to be seen.

Juicy posted the promo clip.

DoublePlatinum

Lady Alligator
Reaction score
Reactions
2,157 73 32
Alleybux
Whaaaaat. I didn’t know Minnie passed away. Wow!

I hope they bring the shows back. I’ve always liked ATL and LA; minus Tara shady ass. He’ll, I likes the NY version too but that didn’t get much traction. I refused to duck with Dallas because if the cheeks. I see they’re not a duo anymore though now.

Bird Watcher

Reality TV Birds are my fav!
Reaction score
Reactions
52,426 902 308
Alleybux
Its still weird that she is dead. I don't think I can watch the show anymore. But I haven't really watched reality TV in the past few years though.

Peroxide

ɴᴇᴡ ʜᴇᴀᴠᴇɴ//ɴᴇᴡ ᴇᴀʀᴛʜ
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
179,931 5,192 643
Alleybux
Its still weird that she is dead. I don't think I can watch the show anymore. But I haven't really watched reality TV in the past few years though.
Ikr?

I used to love going back and watch clips of the show. I was actually doing that when I found out about her passing.