Quantcast

UPDATE Is Selena Quintanilla family shady?

Creator

When's the last time you looked within?
Reaction score
Reactions
2,187 147 22
Alleybux
Woow to this whole thread.
Shock-Wow-GIF-source.gif

Asriel_Cristian

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
143 14 23
Alleybux
Reverting back to the original question; "Is The Quintanilla Family Shady?"
Unequivocally....

No. It's imperative to abstain from making wrong assumptions.

Furthermore assembling gossip doesn't make a story factual.

From the depths of this being; believe; Mr. Quintanilla and Mrs. Quintanilla

Raised their three children to the best of their God-given abilities.

They were there from the incipience of their births.

Loving them
, nurturing them, and correcting them when deemed necessary.

Grateful to God for Mr. Q; A.B. Suzette and Selena sharing as the nucleus
of

Y Los Dinos

Their musical gifts with the world.

Insolently Mr. Q's name has been dragged through the mud

Unremittingly during his daughter's life; and posthumously.

If one takes the time to monitor or read any Selena footage or books

She as well as her brother A.B. and Suzette adored their father;

Respecting his authority.

A playful darling as she so often was; she would imitate her father

When reporter(s) would ask about her family dynamics. However

She would bring the inquiry back full circle retorting, not holding

A grudge; respecting each other.

5a2502ebf9f658d2f257d7c8f46cedc5.jpg

Esteem the ways in which Abraham and Marcella raised their children;

With a fortress of protection to the best of their God-authored abilities.

As a rebellious child such a barrack comes off as adscititious.

Yet from The Lamb's Book Of Life He implicitly purports:
raising-children-ephesians-614-8-638.jpg

proverbs-1-8.jpg

56d44e5e1783456fe2fa75f22b067feb.jpg

c8e23ce598d14d229d395fe3182e8d6a.jpg

Prayers to Quintanilla family and Chris. Rest peacefully Selena & Don.​

Last edited:

GraceMerci

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,095 1,520 881
Alleybux
Reverting back to the original question; "Is The Quintanilla Family Shady?"
Unequivocally....

No. It's imperative to abstain from making wrong assumptions.

Furthermore assembling gossip doesn't make a story factual.

From the depths of this being; believe; Mr. Quintanilla and Mrs. Quintanilla

Raised their three children to the best of their God-given abilities.

They were there from the incipience of their births.

Loving them
, nurturing them, and correcting them when deemed necessary.

Grateful to God for Mr. Q; A.B. Suzette and Selena sharing as the nucleus
of

Y Los Dinos

Their musical gifts with the world.

Insolently Mr. Q's name has been dragged through the mud

Unremittingly during his daughter's life; and posthumously.

If one takes the time to monitor or read any Selena footage or books

She as well as her brother A.B. and Suzette adored their father;

Respecting his authority.

A playful darling as she so often was; she would imitate her father

When reporter(s) would ask about her family dynamics. However

She would bring the inquiry back full circle retorting, not holding

A grudge; respecting each other.

5a2502ebf9f658d2f257d7c8f46cedc5.jpg

Esteem the ways in which Abraham and Marcella raised their children;

With a fortress of protection to the best of their God-authored abilities.

As a rebellious child such a barrack comes off as adscititious.

Yet from The Lamb's Book Of Life He implicitly purports:
raising-children-ephesians-614-8-638.jpg

proverbs-1-8.jpg

56d44e5e1783456fe2fa75f22b067feb.jpg

c8e23ce598d14d229d395fe3182e8d6a.jpg

Your caption is a lovely message but this isn't the right thread for you. The industry has a lot shadiness going on. But there is good and bad in everybody.

Batcountry

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,258 536 51
Alleybux
I just finished Chris’ book and am so curious to know HOW they got him to sign his rights to her estate away. Someone enlighten me please!

Beauti

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,523 1,168 1,209
Alleybux
Eh I can sip . While idk if she liked him it must be hard to be the thicker older sister who is in the background. Then the one friend u do have falls in love with ur sister.

When ur on top in any capacity ppl really do come for u...

Privy_Princess

Bar Raiser Extraordinaire
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,191 4,909 2,636
Alleybux
I'm sorry, but all this thread has done is made me think about the scene in The Purge II when the Hispanic sisters started fighting one another over a bum dude (presumably one of their husbands, I think?)

In reality, I highly doubt Suzette had anything to do with the murder of Selena. Sisters have sibling rivalries all the time, and I'm almost certain she felt a tad bit of resentment at being treated as "the second fiddle" to her sister.

But, that is no reason to insinuate ill will. It's just that. A little sibling rivalry and possibly a bit of resentment. I'm sure the love they had for one another outshone any of that other petty stuff.

SimbaLuver

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
134,055 5,914 5,611
Alleybux
She grew up in a close knit family whose kids were on the road at an early age. The kids didn't even have time for school. Her father was a stage parent, but he saw something in Selena and turned her into a Latin superstar. She was just about to break mainstream America before she was killed. Just because Pops hired Chris to be apart of the band doesn't mean everyone was going to be on broad with him dating the lead singer. Especially her typical controlling stage father. He wanted to make sure nothing didn't knock her off the road to stardom. Selena's legacy and estate wouldn't be where it's at without her father. Yeah, he doesn't have the best relationship with her widower who turned out to be a good guy, but the old man just isn't close to Chris. Some people will never be very tight. Her family had their issues, but they loved each other unconditionally. Chris still performs with the band.

Last edited:

EBatiste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 5,475 180
Alleybux
I just finished Chris’ book and am so curious to know HOW they got him to sign his rights to her estate away. Someone enlighten me please!

It has never been said in great detail what they conversation was like other than he signed I think 3 months after she died in the midst of extreme duress. Chris wasn’t in any shape to really do anything or have any desire to do anything when it game to the business side of it. They asked him because they needed to start putting legal stuff in place to protect her estate. Blocking people from writing salacious books (well they tried), claiming the rights to Selena’s likeness and story, etc.

I imagine Abraham more than likely told Chris to allow him to handle everything since he wasn’t in any shape to and to think about later down the road, with him still being young he may move on (he did eventually marry again and have kids).

Last edited:

40 Acres and a MULE

Madonna, JT, Elvis benefited from white privilege!
Reaction score
Reactions
157,110 9,093 2,094
Alleybux
I would think there would be some resentment cause majority of the attention was put on her. She had the talent, beauty and the it factor. Suzette in reality was replacable.

Someone did point out that Suzette did not appear in Selena's Last Concert before she was killed.
Apparently she was sick it was stated on the ending credits you can watch it on YouTube

tonid808

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,052 77 45
Alleybux
I’m really not surprise she was jealous. We saw a little glimpse of that in the movie.
I don’t want to blame her for her sister’s death. That’s a horrible guilt to live with.
I do not like how the family doesn’t include her husband on business ventures about his wife!
why should they Selena and him had no kids! Yes, he can get some money but he doesn't need a sh!t load Selena is dead they are no longer married.

Lexonfiyah

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
49,828 447 181
Alleybux
Suzette may have been jealous, I could see that. Her dad put all his energy into her and made sure her siblings did as well. He controlled every last one of them. And isn’t he still controlling her siblings? Anywho, that’s what happens when you have that type of family dynamic. Very unhealthy. I’m pretty sure she loves Selena tho. And someone mentioned her introducing Yolanda to Selena and feeling guilty about her death. I’m pretty sure it was just a bad turn of luck and she didn’t mean for that to happen. After all, Selena also met Chris because of Suzette.

Cherrybabe

Angry but loving
Reaction score
Reactions
5,146 236 82
Alleybux
Honestly it doesn't matter what religion I believe in, if some crazy b!tch shoots my child and the doctors want to give her/him blood I will forget my God and let them do it, anything for my child! Some people are just crazy. I am glad the doctors did it before her family said anything. Sadly there was nothing that could help her. The family does seem shady.

I love the coke commercial, I want to have a coke now. This was when commercials were actually good.

Rest in Peace Selena, you are missed.

Cherrybabe

Angry but loving
Reaction score
Reactions
5,146 236 82
Alleybux
I noticed in one of the comments said the brother was on live earlier this month and how super rude he was to fans, saying to quit tagging him pics of kids dressed as Selena and to quit talking about meeting her in the 90s, that the 90s was a long time ago that he barely remembers, etc, etc
So ridiculous. You don't want to be tagged but your Instagram is public, you make money from your sister but don't want to see kids dressed as your sister. Fans are the reason you don't live in a slum.
If you really hate Selena fans maybe stop using her name and go get your own life. If you don't remember the 90's go to the doctor and get your memory checked.

Princessjones19

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
53,481 2,981 249
Alleybux
I just watched the behind the scenes footage from the movie & it looked like don the backup singer was crying during the disco medley ...I know it mostve been really painful for him & pete to redo the entire concert

nikkianna98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,209 4,291 57
Alleybux
I would think there would be some resentment cause majority of the attention was put on her. She had the talent, beauty and the it factor. Suzette in reality was replacable.

Someone did point out that Suzette did not appear in Selena's Last Concert before she was killed.
suzette broke her ankle at the dads house by stepping in a hole that was not covered up when she went to his house

nikkianna98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,209 4,291 57
Alleybux
I was watching some videos of her live performances and there was a Black male who was part of the band, but he was not represented in the film. I won't be watching the Netflix series either.

I want to hear from Chris. No one else.
don was the back up singer and dancer and he spoke spanish too

nikkianna98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,209 4,291 57
Alleybux
Wasn’t Suzy married during that time? I still can’t believe that Chris went from Selena to a stripper. It’s so sad that his son has Downs. I wonder if the drugs they both did played a role.
she married billy in september of 1993 or 1994

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,619 495,007 222,887
Alleybux
I thought The Truth Show episode was quite insightful.

As funny as it seems, I've always thought that superficially Suzette was more attractive than Selena (I know most won't agree with me), but it was masked by her style and weight.

Like was said on the show, there must have been some underlying resentment as Suzette pretty much lost her life/independence/aspirations to serve as a springboard for Selena's career. She got bigger and bigger over time. It probably was emotional eating, as her own wants and needs were stifled by their father.

25 years on, Suzette continues to have no real identity outside of Selena. You can blame the parents for that. I remember a documentary where their mother gave a rare interview (while Selena was still alive). She said Selena was very special...then she backpeddled, corrected herself and said that all of her children are special...but that she couldn't live without Selena.

That told it all for me. You never forget being made to feel inferior as a child.
poor suzette that's so messed up mess for her

nikkianna98

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,209 4,291 57
Alleybux

suzette hurt her ankle when fell in a hole in front of Abrahams house

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Wasn’t Suzy married during that time? I still can’t believe that Chris went from Selena to a stripper. It’s so sad that his son has Downs. I wonder if the drugs they both did played a role.
suzette was married to billy arriaga in september of 1993 or 1994

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Abraham is a lot of things but screwing that crazy b!tch?
Nawl.
selena and yolanda were cousin

abraham is yolanda's uncle

yolanda mother was abraham oldest sister name juanita

they were a standed family because they knew how abraham was as a person

they moved from corpus christi to san antonio when she had married frank saldivar they wanted nothing to do with abraham and they told her to stay away from abraham u are going to get trapped whith abraham get out now and leave his money alone they warned her about him and how he is as a person

EBatiste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 5,475 180
Alleybux
selena and yolanda were cousin

abraham is yolanda's uncle

yolanda mother was abraham oldest sister name juanita

they were a standed family because they knew how abraham was as a person

they moved from corpus christi to san antonio when she had married frank saldivar they wanted nothing to do with abraham and they told her to stay away from abraham u are going to get trapped whith abraham get out now and leave his money alone they warned her about him and how he is as a person

Yea this is cap. They are not related to that woman. And even if this was a deep buried secret it would’ve came out by now.

Sevillian

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,121 211 29
Alleybux
Oooh I used to be so obsessed with Selena. This thread brings back so many memories! It must be tough for Suzette to have been 'Selena's sister' her entire life. She was in the background growing up, playing in the band, and she continues to be in the background now. Always in Selena's shadow. Her whole life has been living in the same place, working in the Selena museum, doing interviews about Selena. It seems so stifling.

Kris100

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
442 14 3
Alleybux
Yea this is cap. They are not related to that woman. And even if this was a deep buried secret it would’ve came out by now.

In 2017 when Hurricane Harvey hit one of the big news stories that came from it was a family of six who were swept away in their van and all drowned in TX. Abraham posted on FB that he is related to the family. The family’s last name is Saldivar.

Hygge Chic

Extroverted Introvert
Reaction score
Reactions
26,756 395 54
Alleybux
In 2017 when Hurricane Harvey hit one of the big news stories that came from it was a family of six who were swept away in their van and all drowned in TX. Abraham posted on FB that he is related to the family. The family’s last name is Saldivar.
That's a pretty popular last name among Hispanics, isn't it? Particularly those of Mexican descent

EBatiste

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 5,475 180
Alleybux

I remember that. From what I remember their last name was Quintanilla. Either way, just because someone has the same last name doesn’t automatically mean they are related. Would I be surprised if they went through their family roots if some relatives started intertwining, etc? No. But the font basically called Abraham that lady’s uncle and nah I highly doubt they are related that close and NOTHING ever came out about that?? Like I said. Cap.

dibbledabble

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
48,686 1,968 446
Alleybux
She was a stripper? Wtf? Well Ricky did say in the movie we both know what you like lol

Sevillian

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
4,121 211 29
Alleybux
She was a stripper? Wtf? Well Ricky did say in the movie we both know what you like lol
Apparently Chris' ex-wife, who he married after Selena died, was a stripper. I think her name is Vanessa. It was obviously a rebound anyway. He never got over Selena.

dibbledabble

Hey Sister, Go Sister, Soul Sister
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
48,686 1,968 446
Alleybux
Apparently Chris' ex-wife, who he married after Selena died, was a stripper. I think her name is Vanessa. It was obviously a rebound anyway. He never got over Selena.
now I do remember back in the day they said she married him as a potential come up. He probably was screwing her, she got pregnant and felt he should make the best of it. A damn stripper Chris? smh

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
* LET ME BE CLEAR, ALL OF THIS IS ALLEGED AND BASED ON THE OBSERVATION OF THE WOMAN IN THE VIDEO. THE JEALOUSY PART WAS NEVER ACTUALLY STATED BY CHRIS PEREZ HIMSELF, HE ALSO NEVER CLAIMED SUZIE WAS IN LOVE WITH HIM, THIS IS ALL SPECULATION.

THIS WAS ALL ONLY ASSUMED BY THE WOMAN IN THE VIDEO AND LOTS OF SELENA FANS HAVE SAID THE SAME THING BASED ON THE COMMENTS IN THIS VIDEO
. *​

Chris Perez wrote a book about him and Selena's relationship and says that him and Suzette were friends first, before he knew Selena.

He says that when him and Selena start hanging out, Suzette would feel some kind of way.

He shares a story how they were on the bus just talking and Suzette walks in on them and she rolls her eyes and leaves the bus to go tell her dad that they were having a private moment.

Chris says initially Selena didn't know suzette she went to tell their father unil Chris revealed it and Selena was pissed and wanted to confront Suzette but Chris asked her not too.

Chris said he was puzzled why Suzette didn't want him and Selena to be friend and why she went and told her father about what happened. He said it confused him and implied worry as well.

It was also implied Suzette had feelings for Chris first but Chris friend zoned her because his eyes were on the prize (Selena)

The lady in the video points out that Selena's sisters, Suzette resented Selena because she was always in the shadow, the background, while Selena got all the attention and the love.

It was also revealed Suzette wanted a career in music as well but was never able to pursue it because her father appointed her manager of Selena museum.

She points out Selena's sister says things regarding Selena as if she were Selena. Also points out a Instagram post where Suzette is referencing Selena in an odd manner.

Notices how Suzette wears red lipstick and wears her hair like Selena.

Fans reportedly claim Suzette and Abraham are snarky and rude to them

Chris was sued and prohibited by Abraham from releasing a mini series on Chris and Selena's relationship. Why?

Before Selena's death, she was about to fire her father as her manager.

Chris saidAbraham and Selena always argued and that Abraham was cold and intimidating.

first of all if you guys actually pay attention Suzette always wore red lipstick. And she literally had a boyfriend who is her now husband when Chris joined the band and was involved with Selena. Stop this madness

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

Can y’all be serious for once?

Batcountry

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,258 536 51
Alleybux
If they didn’t do that and Chris ex wife Vanessa had rights y’all would be so pissed too.
It’s called a prenup Suzette, I’m sure he could have secured those assets if he hadn’t signed them over while grieving but thanks for revisiting a 3 year old comment.

KueiFei

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,046 877 386
Alleybux
A few things about her father:

1. When the family went broke, he should have manned up and gone into a stable profession, not made his children work on a stage in live in a van. He was capable of work. He was the father, he was the provider, and he should have been a better father and husband to his family.
2. When Chris started showing an interest, he should have at least made sure that Chris was solid, and Chris has been.
3. When Yolanda called fifteen times, he should have called the police to shove her off. That was a huge red flag. Yolanda had no qualifications and was a stray. He should have been street smart enough to see that mess. He should have run a background check before even thinking of hiring her.
4. When he found out about the theft, he should have been smart enough to go to the cops. He should have been responsible to hire a lawyer to get the paperwork and should have made sure his increasingly famous daughter was with a bodyguard at all times. Trying to handle it himself was stupid stupid stupid.
5. He should have hired real professionals to handle his daughter's business. He failed to put that cash in the bank and have an accountant be his daughter's business manager.
6. The family should not have been living off of Selena. Suzette should not have been getting as much as Selena and at some point Selena needed to be more independent. Her family should have backed off and her father did not have a right to be so controlling.