Quantcast

Is Sira Kante mixed with North African?

Is Sira Kante mixed with Middle Eastern/North African?

• most likely

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • not likely

Votes: 26 89.7%

• Total voters

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
Sira Kante, the Guinean American model that has taken the modeling world by storm and become a darling of LSA has me wondering about her genealogy. She belongs to the fulani group in Africa who on average is estimated to have about 5-25% North African/Middle Eastern in them. She reminds me of Justine Skye in her feature, who herself has 24% indian in her per her dna test. Being that indian and middle east/north african groups both have ancient indo aryan groups, this connection does not surprise me. So do you think she has North African/Middle Eastern in her?

1616461852513.png
1616461890398.png
1616461911014.png
1616461937307.png

Attachments

• 1616461877648.png
    1616461877648.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 35

TASTYEE

THE MOST DELICIOUS
Reaction score
Reactions
64,410 914 346
Alleybux
No. Just because y'all find west African girls/women attractive doesn't mean we have to be mixed with Middle Eastern or Arabs. Contrary to mainstream believe not all Africans have big nose and thick lips, not having those stereotypical features doesn't make us mixed with something.

Last edited:

Luune

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,418 705 64
Alleybux
I don't see anything in her physical features that screams ME if that's what you're asking, but if it's common for people to have some of that ancestry in her ethnic group then sure I don't see why that wouldn't apply to her too

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
For the triggered folks in the comments. It has nothing to do with beauty and everything to do with ancestry and a combination of features she has that align with that region. Fulanis generally have North African and Middle Eastern mixture, although I'm sure not all do. Sira, in particular I noticed has less maxillary prognathism than subsaharans typically have. Not too much but less. Not to mention she had more of a defined nose bridge than we typically see in subsarahans. See the comparison of her side profile to another girl's who's 100% african to see what I'm talking about. This is the genealogy forum. If you don't have the range to discuss anthropology and group distinct features, I suggest you see yourself out.

Sira

1616462879597.png

100% Senegalese model
1616462846660.png

It's subtle, but when you compare the two, you cn see that Sira has less prognathism. Her lips stop just before her nose whereas on the other girl, the lips extend slightly beyond the nose. Just one of the subtle differences.

Lurkerretta

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,251 1,857 1,185
Alleybux
She's not Fulani she's mandinka which she said so herself so no she's not mixed. There are several unmixed west Africans with her aesthetic. Plus, Fulani's have a pointier nose than her.

Shameful 666

Slits Wrists
Reaction score
Reactions
53,383 3,743 4,525
Alleybux
This is not my fight, but at least you guys are now dissecting the ancestry of West Africans, too, instead of doing it just to African-Americans and East Africans sometimes, too.

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
She's not Fulani she's mandinka which she said so herself so no she's not mixed. There are several unmixed west Africans with her aesthetic. Plus, Fulani's have a pointier nose than her.
That doesn't sound right. Most Guineans are fulani. Mandinka would typically be found amongst Senegalese or Gambian. Don't get me wrong they do exist its just that they're not the majority. Where has she said she's Mandinka?

Lurkerretta

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,251 1,857 1,185
Alleybux
That doesn't sound right. Most Guineans are fulani. Mandinka would typically be found amongst Senegalese or Gambian. Don't get me wrong they do exist its just that they're not the majority. Where has she said she's Mandinka?
She said it in an Instagram post and you do realise that mandinka are the second largest group in guinea right?they make up 36.8%. There are many more tribes other than the fulanis

MargaeryTyrell

I Don't Want To Be A Queen. I Want To Be THE Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
Fulani doesn’t necessarily equal Middle Eastern/North African heritage. Some do, but it’s mostly very distant. I’m part Fulani, no NA in my results. Just Senegambia and Guinea. Sira isn’t even Fulani and even if she was I wouldn’t assume she had NA ancestry.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
This is not my fight, but at least you guys are now dissecting the ancestry of West Africans, too, instead of doing it just to African-Americans and East Africans sometimes, too.

Sometimes? East Africans (Horners tbh) constantly get their ancestry dissected on here. I would say they’re top of the list after Dominicans.

simplymina

in my bag
Reaction score
Reactions
156,127 6,832 2,211
Alleybux
Sometimes? East Africans (Horners tbh) constantly get their ancestry dissected on here. I would say they’re top of the list after Dominicans.
Lmao right. We get our blackness questioned every damn day. It's interesting to see it done to the other side of the continent now lmao.

People really can't accept that beautiful fully African people exist, its truly pathetic.

simplymina

in my bag
Reaction score
Reactions
156,127 6,832 2,211
Alleybux
For the triggered folks in the comments. It has nothing to do with beauty and everything to do with ancestry and a combination of features she has that align with that region. Fulanis generally have North African and Middle Eastern mixture, although I'm sure not all do. Sira, in particular I noticed has less maxillary prognathism than subsaharans typically have. Not too much but less. Not to mention she had more of a defined nose bridge than we typically see in subsarahans. See the comparison of her side profile to another girl's who's 100% african to see what I'm talking about. This is the genealogy forum. If you don't have the range to discuss anthropology and group distinct features, I suggest you see yourself out.

Sira

View attachment 2412905

100% Senegalese model
View attachment 2412894

It's subtle, but when you compare the two, you cn see that Sira has less prognathism. Her lips stop just before her nose whereas on the other girl, the lips extend slightly beyond the nose. Just one of the subtle differences.

Who compares people's features that closely? It's giving 1800's white race scientist. Get help.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
A lot of those genealogy forums are problematic and inaccurate. They tend to look at race & phenotypes in such a binary way. You clearly don’t have the range either if you’re using that as a source of legitimacy. Do you know they believe in skull science and also promote race science in general?

Sira’s defined nose bridge is indication of admixture lol? My mother has a super defined and thin nose bridge with no bulbous tip. She is 100% West African. No admixture came up for me when I did an ancestry test. With your logic, I’ll probably seem to have admixture too, but that’s not the case and my look isn’t uncommon. What has one random pic of a West African girl got to do with Sira? Is that girl from the same country or ethnic group? West Africa is a large region and the features aren’t all the same. Are you African? I’m wondering because your logic seems strange. To make matters worse you didn’t even mention West Africa alone. You stereotyped all of sub Saharan Africa, that’s mind blowing.

Sira

View attachment 2412905

100% Senegalese model
View attachment 2412894

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux
A lot of those genealogy forums are problematic and inaccurate. They tend to look at race & phenotypes in such a binary way. You clearly don’t have the range either if you’re using that as a source of legitimacy. Do you know they believe in skull science and also promote race science in general?

Sira’s defined nose bridge is indication of admixture lol? My mother has a super defined and thin nose bridge with no bulbous tip. She is 100% West African. No admixture came up for me when I did an ancestry test. With your logic, I’ll probably seem to have admixture too, but that’s not the case and my look isn’t uncommon. What has one random pic of a West African girl got to do with Sira? Is that girl from the same country or ethnic group? West Africa is a large region and the features aren’t all the same. Are you African? I’m wondering because your logic seems strange. To make matters worse you didn’t even mention West Africa alone. You stereotyped all of sub Saharan Africa, that’s mind blowing.
You are correct in that I should have specified West African, rather than broadly subsaharan. My apologies there.

However I'm afraid I disagree with the majority of the rest of your post. Anthropology is very much a real field that is studied by accredited researchers. The study of human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution is not only a real field but an old one.

Europeans are not the only ones who used to study features. There is documentation from ancient Egyptians on the differences between the black nubians who had dwelled in Egypt along with the ancient copts whose phenotype was more so caucasian.

The skull science you talk about was used as justification by racist Whites to deem certain groups more superior than other. Despite the mal-usage of the theories by those with an agenda, there is still credence and preponderance of evidence that support the notion that different ethnic groups have different features that set them apart from each other.

Otherwise how are we able to distinguish between an asian and a white person? Or a black and an indian? There are more subtle differences other than the more obvious skin tone that account for distinct looks between the races that are studied and analyzed in anthropology.

I hope this sees you well.

Unbothered214

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,438 56 2
Alleybux
If mankind originated from Africa why do we constantly question features as being "European" when any person who has traveled in Sub-saharan can tell you that Africans come in all forms. This narrow mindset needs to end.

Why don't you go question why some Asians have high nose bridges or light eyes? I bet you would never question if they have any admixture. Africans on the other hand are fair game because it's not possible for Africa to have a diverse genetic makeup.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
You are correct in that I should have specified West African, rather than broadly subsaharan. My apologies there.

However I'm afraid I disagree with the majority of the rest of your post. Anthropology is very much a real field that is studied by accredited researchers. The study of human biological and physiological characteristics and their evolution is not only a real field but an old one.

Europeans are not the only ones who used to study features. There is documentation from ancient Egyptians on the differences between the black nubians who had dwelled in Egypt along with the ancient copts whose phenotype was more so caucasian.

The skull science you talk about was used as justification by racist Whites to deem certain groups more superior than other. Despite the mal-usage of the theories by those with an agenda, there is still credence and preponderance of evidence that support the notion that different ethnic groups have different features that set them apart from each other.

Otherwise how are we able to distinguish between an asian and a white person? Or a black and an indian? There are more subtle differences other than the more obvious skin tone that account for distinct looks between the races that are studied and analyzed in anthropology.

I hope this sees you well.

I did not mention anthropology, I referred to genealogy forums that you used to back up your point. The vast majority of those posters aren’t qualified anthropologists. Of course they’re obvious differences between a Black person and an Asian, no one is denying that. However, to assume that Sira has NA ancestry because her nose bridge is a certain way is quite a leap and isn’t based on much.

You assumed that Sira was Fulani, when you were corrected you seemed shocked that she was a Mandinka Guinean even though it’s not an uncommon ethnicity in Guinea, it’s the second largest. You don’t know basic facts about the ethnic groups of the region, but understand our phenotypes and can deduce if we have admixture from zooming into a pic lol ok. I have to assume you aren’t West African and know little about the area. You also avoided answering my question, so you probably aren’t African at all.

You’re taking the assumptions you have about the region and then acting like you’re using anthropology. You didn’t even know the basic facts about Sira. Shouldn’t this indicate maybe your logic is flawed? Also, you’re wrong about West Africa. As I said, it’s a vast region. A Senegalese person will look different from a person from Ghana, a person from Ghana will look different from someone in Niger. When you add ethnicity into it, that adds another layer.

All these women are West African, I excluded Fulanis in case you mention admixture lol.

EDFC5077-83EC-44D5-859C-FDF80171F8E5.jpeg

47DEDA6D-0444-4A19-8176-24E220FEC273.jpeg

52A1B8E1-201E-4F0C-AEAF-4D786AB7DBB3.jpeg

B8C11D7F-D7BA-42C6-9673-79630B101E4E.jpeg

AE798677-2464-4FC2-8993-D689B89161DE.jpeg

10EEA206-3869-4CDF-B8ED-F56775DD133F.jpeg

65E87821-9892-413D-84AF-F14AFD6DE47B.jpeg

AB8E29B4-2B71-4D52-8529-CF7B0584A1E1.jpeg

6DBE847B-C7BA-4673-B23B-4EB6F6A18738.jpeg

All West African, none would stand out, but you’d claim that some of these women have admixture because you think there is a West African look and certain features can’t possibly be West African without admixture. Again, this binary thinking is flawed and flinging an anthropology term into a paragraph doesn’t change that.

Realist007

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,149 305 64
Alleybux
The percentage of Mandinkas in Senegal isn't even close to that of Guinea & there are more fulas in senegal in comparison to Mandinkas

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
Sira Kante, the Guinean American model that has taken the modeling world by storm and become a darling of LSA has me wondering about her genealogy. She belongs to the fulani group in Africa who on average is estimated to have about 5-25% North African/Middle Eastern in them. She reminds me of Justine Skye in her feature, who herself has 24% indian in her per her dna test. Being that indian and middle east/north african groups both have ancient indo aryan groups, this connection does not surprise me. So do you think she has North African/Middle Eastern in her?

View attachment 2412835 View attachment 2412837 View attachment 2412838 View attachment 2412840
are you from the Horn, sahel or Sudan OP?

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
Sira sounds like a mande name, there is even a song that shares that name

Knowing that she is likely mande, she is senegambian, Senegambian as a whole generally have more sharp features separate from that of the more rainforest shifted groups

Senegalid(Arid/steppe west african):
1616506918709.png
1616506931128.png

Guineasid(Tropical-arid west african):
1616507418970.png
1616507427897.png

Guineo-Cameroonian(full rainforest phenotype):
1616507245279.png
1616507254992.png

Of course there will be overlap in both and you can find either or, this is a broad generalization of the phenotypes based on region. However i do feel the comments are ridiculous, there might be no singular west African look but they do come on a spectrum, and there are looks outside of that spectrum. Nothing wrong with asking questions

Eumelanin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
24,789 2,534 2,152
Alleybux

Knowing that she is likely mande, she is senegambian, Senegambian as a whole generally have more sharp features separate from that of the more rainforest shifted groups

Senegalid(Arid/steppe west african):
View attachment 2413586 View attachment 2413587

Guineasid(Tropical-arid west african):
View attachment 2413623 View attachment 2413624

Guineo-Cameroonian(full rainforest phenotype):
View attachment 2413609 View attachment 2413612

Of course there will be overlap in both and you can find either or, this is a broad generalization of the phenotypes based on region. However i do feel the comments are ridiculous, there might be no singular west African look but they do come on a spectrum, and there are looks outside of that spectrum. Nothing wrong with asking questions

Thank you so much for coming with this well informed and thoughtful response! You addressed this with such nuance, grace, and insight that I am nothing less than floored. I wonder if people here are curiousity-adverse or ignorance prone because the comments I was getting... I knew that there were definitely differences I was seeing between senegambian types and nigerian/ghanaian types.I noticed that the senegambians can have slimmer builds as well and smaller frames or at least the women do than the nigerian/ghanaian phenotypes I've come across. So that's due to the different climates right?

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux

Mande is a language family, her ethnicity is Mandinka. Kante is a popular Mandinka name, but you're right to categorise as Senegambia.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux
Thank you so much for coming with this well informed and thoughtful response! You addressed this with such nuance, grace, and insight that I am nothing less than floored. I wonder if people here are curiousity-adverse or ignorance prone because the comments I was getting... I knew that there were definitely differences I was seeing between senegambian types and nigerian/ghanaian types.I noticed that the senegambians can have slimmer builds as well and smaller frames or at least the women do than the nigerian/ghanaian phenotypes I've come across. So that's due to the different climates right?

Your comment was ignorant. You literally assumed she had North African/ME admixture because of her nose bridge (lol) then denied she was Mandinka because you thought they were a rare ethnicity in Guinea. Don't be surprised that an ignorant thread, gets 'ignorant' responses. You didn't come as a curious person, you came with a question despite already having your own answers. When people didn't back your assumption you claim people are curiosity adverse.

MargaeryTyrell

Reaction score
Reactions
178,333 5,132 1,600
Alleybux

No one is denying West African looks are on a spectrum. Mine and other's point was there isn't a singular West African look (as you said). This whole thread is ridiculous for assuming admixture just based on her nose.

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
Indeed, senegambians not only partially live in arid climates but have historically received nilo saharan migrations thus cementing their builds and faces. Meanwhile when the ancestors of the forest groups migrated to their current areas they adapted to it by getting smaller generally speaking, though they are more muscular and stocky but faces are more bloated and less toned. Bantus having descended from these types of populations help project that look as the typical niger congo look when in reality bantus are just a sub set of one of the rainforest phenotypes. It is important to note that most of the admixed sahelians have their sub saharan component as senegambian/black sahelian-Nilo Saharan which is why their faces are extremely toned and skinny builds

Shaneyahoo

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,716 311 473
Alleybux
I will say that because she is guinean she likely has a fulani maternal ancestor, they mixed a lot with fula women I've heard

Thatsbish

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
404 22 8
Alleybux
Umm, Mandinka people are the second largest ethnic group in Guinea, there’s also different Mandinka people with different dialects in Guinea. Literally every president besides Lassana Conteh were Mandinka. You wrong again because you mostly found Manding people of all different dialects in Mali. Bambara (a different dialect) is a lingua franca in Mail, every tribe speaks it. You’re clearly don’t do your research whatsoever and you sound stupid. Are you even African?

Last edited: