Quantcast

Is the Bay Area not worth it?

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
Not you deleting your original quote and rewriting a long ass bipolar paragraph about your hate for SF a day later.

You have mental issues. If you hate SF so bad then hate it, why are you so obsessed with MY opinion about SF? My original post in this thread is kinda similar to yours so why tf do you care so much about my opinion. The Bay Area is also not limited to SF, there are plenty of cities in the bay area other than SF. You have only lived here for 2 years and I was born and raised here. It's clear that you know nothing about the Bay area since your whole opinion about the bay area is only based on your 2 year experience living in the city of San Francisco.

Based on that experience alone, you do not have the proper expertise to even give a solid opinion of the Bay.

Please do not quote me again, I said what the fµck I said about SF. Grow up and accept that other people have opinions that are different from yours.

Sis, I truly hope you find peace.

OP these are the kinds of fools your going to meet in the Bay Area. sheesh! Lol

Last edited:

SoulfullyMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,329 462 696
Alleybux
Sis, I truly hope you find peace.

OP these are the kinds of fools your going to meet in the Bay Area. For F’s sheesh! Lol
I literally posted my own opinion weeks ago and you're the one that decided to quote me multiple times trying so hard to invalidate my nine+ years experience living in the Bay.

Baby, you are the transplant that moves to every state thinking they know more about a location than the natives themselves. If anyone is the fool, it would be you sweetie.

Bless your poor heart.

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
I literally posted my own opinion weeks ago and you're the one that decided to quote me multiple times trying so hard to invalidate my nine+ years experience living in the Bay.

Baby, you are the transplant that moves to every state thinking they know more about a location than the natives themselves. If anyone is the fool, it would be you sweetie.

Bless your poor heart.
Putting words in other peoples mouth. See SF has got you people high strung and defensive AF. Honey, enjoy the weather and the poop on the ground and live your life. I’m not stopping you.

Sorry the fact someone hates a city you’re not even from upsets you so deeply. Peace is the key.

Bless your poor unfortunate Soul (respectfully).

Last edited:

Ezra Miller

⭐ DA NAME STAYS! PM ME FOR YOUR TAROT NEEDS ⭐
Reaction score
Reactions
287,379 9,793 5,304
Alleybux
I was born in the area and grow up there a little, but don't remember much. I do have family on my mother's side that still live in SF, Oakland and Berkley. They tell me that if they didn't own their homes, they would have been gone, mostly due to crime and the homeless, not gentrification. They don't like the awkward tech bros either. but the homeless and drug use are far larger concerns.

One of my cousins on mu dad's side moved to Oakland a few years ago. She could never afford the rent had her job not been paying an 80% stipend. This is the one who had the severe vaccine reaction. Anyway, she's moving back to the south as soon as she's able to because she can't imagine retiring in Cali with her salary.

Reaction score
Reactions
4,236 95 16
Alleybux
Brazen theft is becoming common:

Is governing a city and enforcing the law difficult? I used to walk to the city. These days I avoid it and if I need to go to the city, do not carry a bag.

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
Brazen theft is becoming common:

Is governing a city and enforcing the law difficult? I used to walk to the city. These days I avoid it and if I need to go to the city, do not carry a bag.
In this thread They hate it when you talk about the reality of rising crime in the Bay Area.

MASja2

♋️ T E R F extraordinaire ♋️
Reaction score
Reactions
18,592 1,495 441
Alleybux
In this thread They hate it when you talk about the reality of rising crime in the Bay Area.

It's not that I hate it, I'm very aware of the crime and have been for years. I just started the thread because I wanted an opinion on what places to stay there. I was more so just concerned about the expense/social life. That's it. I didn't mean for this to become a post every news article about crime in the Bay type of thread. I've lived in a city before and pretty much all of them are like this lol. No where is safe or perfect.

Ezra Miller

Reaction score
Reactions
287,379 9,793 5,304
Alleybux
It's not that I hate it, I'm very aware of the crime and have been for years. I just started the thread because I wanted an opinion on what places to stay there. I was more so just concerned about the expense/social life. That's it. I didn't mean for this to become a post every news article about crime in the Bay type of thread. I've lived in a city before and pretty much all of them are like this lol. No where is safe or perfect.

Nah. All cities are not like this. NYC homeless and drug problems have nothing on SF, Portland and Seattle

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
Nah. All cities are not like this. NYC homeless and drug problems have nothing on SF, Portland and Seattle
Thank you. I literally lived in Brooklyn for 5 years BEFORE coming to SF and was shocked and disgusted.
The mayor of SF doesn’t penalize thefts and their are a lot of organized criminals coming to SF to take advantage of the system. It’s actually a really scary place to be with no sense of justice.

But will talk about this more in other threads. Hope you enjoy SF OP.

MASja2

Reaction score
Reactions
18,592 1,495 441
Alleybux

Ok not as bad whatever captain obvious. In that case might as well just move to Chicago with all its gun violence ¯\(ツ)

Thank you. I literally lived in Brooklyn for 5 years BEFORE coming to SF and was shocked and disgusted.
The mayor of SF doesn’t penalize thefts and their are a lot of organized criminals coming to SF to take advantage of the system. It’s actually a really scary place to be with no sense of justice.

But will talk about this more in other threads. Hope you enjoy SF OP.

I'm not moving to SF. It was never on my radar like that.

Ezra Miller

Reaction score
Reactions
287,379 9,793 5,304
Alleybux
Ok not as bad whatever captain obvious. In that case might as well just move to Chicago with all its gun violence ¯\(ツ)

I'm not moving to SF. It was never on my radar like that.

No need to be hostile when fonts who've lived there are answering your questions.

In terms of the homeless, Chicago is much better and the gun violence is largely concentrated in the south side.

MASja2

Reaction score
Reactions
18,592 1,495 441
Alleybux
No need to be hostile when fonts who've lived there are answering your questions.

In terms of the homeless, Chicago is much better and the gun violence is largely concentrated in the south side.
I'm not even moving to SF so idgaf, and you just swooped in with a 'but but it's different elsewhere..' when I said most cities have their own set of issues. I know some cities aren't as bad as SF right now. I've literally seen it all so I'm not particularly phased with it. When I went to NYC I found it worse than Boston and etc etc. In fact it's a little derailing to bring up SF when I've continously asked about other cities like Vallejo, Beverly, Sacramento and others but some fonts keep railing on about SF.

Codec7

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,057 1,875 871
Alleybux
I'm not even moving to SF so idgaf, and you just swooped in with a 'but but it's different elsewhere..' when I said most cities have their own set of issues. I know some cities aren't as bad as SF right now. I've literally seen it all so I'm not particularly phased with it. When I went to NYC I found it worse than Boston and etc etc. In fact it's a little derailing to bring up SF when I've continously asked about other cities like Vallejo, Beverly, Sacramento and others but some fonts keep railing on about SF.
So where did you decide to move sis? Vallejo? Enjoy your time in the Bay Area! You seem like a lovely addition to the area.

Shezsolovely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,135 2,551 1,073
Alleybux
I work in tech in live in MA. I want to live somewhere warm because I can't stand winters anymore. I heard the Bay Area isn't really great for BW but my industry is there. I'm also considering ATL and maybe Houston, TX,.
Let me give my unbiased opinion as a Cali native born and raised. Lived in SF for over 9 years. The Bay is not that bad. It is very expensive and depending on your job this will determine where you take up residence. Let start it like this..
You should visit or at least stay for a month. Here’s where not to go..

SF- stay away from the inner mission area. Close to downtown. This is where the homeless live and they break into cars frequently. I hated living there. Outside of this most of SF is bomb.

Bayview/Hunterspoint- a damn death wish. Trash.. never go here on land, foot or by boat.

East Oakland (flatlands), East Palo Alto, East Oakland, West Oakland, and of course RICHMOND.. do not, do not go here or even live in these areas. Go at your own risk.

The Bart, is a pissy, sh!tty mess. It’s cheaper, but I would have a car. Just saying. Can be dangerous late a night. Muni is a sh!t show. Hated it.

Don’t listen to anyone saying you don’t need a car, you do. The most derelict people ride public transportation. Please listen to this closely.

Last edited:

Shezsolovely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,135 2,551 1,073
Alleybux
Thank you, I've def looked into the gentrification issue w/ oakland and have a lot of inner conflict w/ being considered a black gentrifier? I don't plan on living in Oakland but definitely acknowledge how I'll contribute to the issue living in the surrounding area. I definitely plan on supporting the existing community in anyway I can tho.
Awe, I understand, but Oakland is very nice. The areas I mentioned. It’s expansive too.

MarcelinaX

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
58,599 2,713 3,056
Alleybux
knocking on wood but my online dating days were not as sad as my club days lol. there may be hope

from feelin short men tryna yike on me at the club when im in heels (I’m only 5’4) to trying molly at EDM festivals and feeling my friends pull me away from the Korean dude I was making out with- meeting dudes outside was actually worse for me. With apps, I can ask for an ig handle and figure out who’s a hoe and/or a father from there.
I did have one app incident where I went back with some Latin guy and he took me to projects in the mission. So I left! As I was outside waiting for a friend to swoop me, some small child (pretty sure it was dude’s baby) and so did some drug dealer both were talking to me in Spanish. I was ite tho cuz I may or may not keep a knife on me.

But all in all, haven’t had baby mama drama or broke men from the apps. Yet have met those characters through mutual friends and classes I’ve taken. i was only on tinder a few months but was able to set up a roster that lasted 2017-2020. been dating someone now for a year who i met at the end of that hoe stage.

if u are on those app streets lmao be careful with tinder scammers! I don’t bring anyone over until we hung out at least 5x. But a homegirl of mines let a tinder link sleep over- she took a shower and her apple watch and wallet were gone.
You sound very ghetto sweetheart sweethearts

Shezsolovely

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,135 2,551 1,073
Alleybux
Thanks! Do you mind sharing your experience or opinion of either city?
I never had the opportunity to visit Vallejo, so I don’t want to give my input. I haven’t heard anything bad though from natives. Of course, it has some bad spots, but what place doesn’t. But Berkeley is amazing. You have UC Berkeley and you have a lot of restaurants, eateries, shopping stores because of. My favorite Berkeley thing was Cal Shakes. This place gave birth to Zendaya. Amazing shows, you can picnic with alcohol (wine) and then go and watch outdoor theater. Very rich white woman teas. Because I know more about Berkeley, I am biased, but I can’t see either being a bad choice. They both are good choices. Hayward is another Bay Area town and it’s similar to Vallejo and closer to Berkeley. Very nice as well.