Quantcast

Is the Cascio Book about MJ the most believable one?

Blackcat90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,473 101 134
Alleybux
I just recently read the book.
And I feel like he's describing how MJ really was. Not some fantasy or perfect human being.

Btw. MJ was very close to their family. Why aren't MJ's children close to them? Or did I miss something.

ForeverMike

Make that change ❤️
Reaction score
Reactions
9,070 138 82
Alleybux
And I feel like he's describing how MJ really was. Not some fantasy or perfect human being.

Btw. MJ was very close to their family. Why aren't MJ's children close to them? Or did I miss something.

I haven’t read that one and didn’t know they wrote one! Anyways he was very close to them and they have stood by him even after death. I don’t think they are not close to his kids cause they were close when younger maybe it’s just more private cause they didn’t become public until they had to like when he was been trashed

OreoE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,422 343 207
Alleybux
I really enjoyed the book also. It’s too bad Frank has made such a bad reputation for himself in the MJ fandom because I do believe out of the 20-something MJ books I have read over the last 18 months, it is the most realistic depiction of MJ.

Although I get the feeling that Frank conveniently left out some of his questionable behavior and wrote they only had a falling out because somebody told MJ that Frank didn’t want to testify in the trial. Is that really all of it?

I appreciated that he touched on topics like MJ’s paranoia (understandable), medication issues and women. Let us know that MJ told different people different things. Even though some of that can be explained by Frank’s age. Are you gonna tell a 15 year-old the real reason you are getting a divorce? No. Especially someone super private about romantic relationships would not do that.

And for some reason, it is etched in my brain that MJ chose vanilla pudding as a midnight snack. Blech

Blackcat90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,473 101 134
Alleybux
I really enjoyed the book also. It’s too bad Frank has made such a bad reputation for himself in the MJ fandom because I do believe out of the 20-something MJ books I have read over the last 18 months, it is the most realistic depiction of MJ.

Although I get the feeling that Frank conveniently left out some of his questionable behavior and wrote they only had a falling out because somebody told MJ that Frank didn’t want to testify in the trial. Is that really all of it?

I appreciated that he touched on topics like MJ’s paranoia (understandable), medication issues and women. Let us know that MJ told different people different things. Even though some of that can be explained by Frank’s age. Are you gonna tell a 15 year-old the real reason you are getting a divorce? No. Especially someone super private about romantic relationships would not do that.

And for some reason, it is etched in my brain that MJ chose vanilla pudding as a midnight snack. Blech

If I had to pick one book for people who are doubting mJ‘s innocence, it would be this. (Not aphrodite jones book, also not MJ bodyguards book. )

Also it made me realize, it‘s not easy to be MJ‘s friend forever. He had some toxic people around him...

Cascio also confirmed that MJ had almost no contact to his family, especially latoya. I’m Not surprised at all.

Bloom27

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,435 66 62
Alleybux
Pretty sure Paris was hanging out with Eddie Cascio not so long ago. When she was still with Michael Snoddy. I feel like they truly cared about MJ but they’ve done things that are unforgivable imo. The cascio tracks... Michael would have been livid. And Frank selling MJ’s underwear and so many private things smh. But they’re far from being the worst lol sadly. And I just know Frank is lying when he’s talking about their falling out.
His book is interesting but people who write books about MJ are never honest when it comes to themselves. Either pretending to know it all or acting like they were never to blame

OreoE

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,422 343 207
Alleybux
Also it made me realize, it‘s not easy to be MJ‘s friend forever. He had some toxic people around him...

Yes! because there were people always manipulating and backstabbing to become number one. The whole thing is so stressful.

mjfan4life

Pill Cosbys Deflated Scro
Reaction score
Reactions
86,337 1,726 1,893
Alleybux
If I had to pick one book for people who are doubting mJ‘s innocence, it would be this. (Not aphrodite jones book, also not MJ bodyguards book. )

Cascio also confirmed that MJ had almost no contact to his family, especially latoya. I’m Not surprised at all.

not surprised about that. It’s obvious the family wasn’t close especially the siblings. That’s why I knew they were all lying talking about ‘helping’ MJ when he died. They all had no idea what was going on with him especially when he didn’t jump on board for their family tour plans.

Elizabeth614

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,951 1,170 2,114
Alleybux

Who said MJ’s children are not close to Cascios? They always call them their NJ family. Cascios are the big family still expanding. Some of them live in different state and even abroad. They just don’t look for media attention and keep their business to themselves. It was always like that and that’s the way MJ liked it. Remember that before Michael passed away his children had very little interaction with other Jacksons. They never lived in other Jacksons homes but they lived with Cascio’s and Ron Burkle’s (the guy who bought Neverland) families. They are still very close with them, just keeping it private.

Last edited:

Ambria

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
42,677 280 429
Alleybux
I felt like Frank suffers from what so many people around Michael have, the Michael's Savior Complex, they were the only one that had his best interests in mind.

I don't feel that Frank was as important to Michael's business affairs as he portrays himself as being. The way that Frank described himself it made me wonder how Michael managed to survive, let alone thrive before Frank arrived on the scene.

There were some cute little stories in the book, but I don't think that it was good. I think that Frank spent to much time making himself look good, sometimes at Michael's expense.

blumarine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
44,619 1,063 344
Alleybux
I’m reading it now. I’m surprised the Cascio boys spent so much time with MJ. They traveled with him for months on the Dangerous tour and missed a semester of school, and Frank was with him again for months traveling after Michael divorced Lisa.

Spicerooni

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
54,812 1,054 273
Alleybux
I don't know if Frank can be trusted. I think up until Michael's death they were fine but after his death they seem to have started to want more opportunities to be in the spotlight. Or at least what I think.

Dodododadada

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,653 111 60
Alleybux
I'd love to know who the girl was when MJ was looking 'sheepish' and zipping up his pants :LOL: "Shut up, Frank!"

MelanieMartinez

austin butler's bish
Reaction score
Reactions
8,213 228 55
Alleybux
I'd love to know who the girl was when MJ was looking 'sheepish' and zipping up his pants :LOL: "Shut up, Frank!"

I always picture Frank being like..
1*S1zYX0BdxEqo0ZTXtpK1Ug.gif

YankeeNoBrim

Gorilla Grip
Reaction score
Reactions
16,334 412 200
Alleybux

How come not the book by his bodyguards? Does it clash with the timeline too much?

Blackcat90

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
12,473 101 134
Alleybux
How come not the book by his bodyguards? Does it clash with the timeline too much?

No, I just think they didn't know him that well on a personal level.
They were only there after the trial. And MJ probably lost all trust in people.

WomanMirror

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,116 464 479
Alleybux
I also had enjoyed this book. It’s the only one who gives an understandable explanation for Michael’s marriage to Debbie and the conception of Blanket.

Ignosce me

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,470 6,007 4,167
Alleybux

For the most part it's good/

But there are some parts, especially when he was kid/teen where you can tell Michael gave frank an age-appropriate explanation/ answer for certain things, so it's a watered-down version of the truth.

Like for example Frank doesn't know much about Michael's relationship with Lisa. So he makes assumptions and downplays it a lot. It's clear he has no idea they were dating while she was still married to her first husband and that they were still messing around after their divorce.

Ignosce me

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,470 6,007 4,167
Alleybux

Not surprised, he may have forgiven, but he didn't forget.

I was side eyeing Latoya hard in her second book. She tried to make it seem like her and Michael's relationship went right back to the way it was before her betrayal.

Bish bye! Michael probably couldn't stand to be in the same room as her.

Mikky Dee

~Angel in Disguise~
Reaction score
Reactions
33,052 867 841
Alleybux

I have spoken with Frank Cascio at length in twitter DMs and he is very genuine. He has been maligned and judged by some fans, because of misinformation and things they don't fully understand. Unlike others, he didn't write his book for attention or money - he said it was cathartic for him and he wrote it, merely to put the story of his time in MJ's life down on paper.... from his own point of view, through his own eyes. I believe it is a truthful account, looking through that lens. It is a unique one, too, because Frank is one of the few people who remained in Michael's circle throughout his childhood, teenage years and then into adulthood.

ShalaShalingay

Michael Jackson’s Housewife
Reaction score
Reactions
25,448 896 609
Alleybux
I don't know if Frank can be trusted. I think up until Michael's death they were fine but after his death they seem to have started to want more opportunities to be in the spotlight. Or at least what I think.

fµck Frank. Seriously him and his brother ain’t sh!t. Just want easy money because they have no grown men businesses or income. Still looking to sell his items or lie or write books…

There will be more ridiculouse actions in the future no doubt because they cannot be trusted.

Michael7777

MJ IS INNOCENT
Reaction score
Reactions
3,422 153 70
Alleybux
It was a good read book but it contained some information that make me wonder why did he share them in the first place like when he spoke about MJ canceling the DWT because he was afraid that he would be arrested… How came he knew that for sure when he was still too young that Michael wouldn’t discuss the reasons which made him do so with him… Revealing smoking weed story wasn’t a good idea and I don’t know why he had to include it in his book.. Frank used the word “ jealous” in his book many times.. He said he wasn’t jealous when Michael married Lisa yet he said that Michael seemed jealous when he had a relationship with his girlfriend.. Moreover, he defended himself when he stopped contacting Michael during his trial but we still need to know more about Michael’s side of the story

SarahCameron

no time for logical fallacies
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
100,196 5,797 4,187
Alleybux
It was a good read book but it contained some information that make me wonder why did he share them in the first place like when he spoke about MJ canceling the DWT because he was afraid that he would be arrested… How came he knew that for sure when he was still too young that Michael wouldn’t discuss the reasons which made him do so with him… Revealing smoking weed story wasn’t a good idea and I don’t know why he had to include it in his book.. Frank used the word “ jealous” in his book many times.. He said he wasn’t jealous when Michael married Lisa yet he said that Michael seemed jealous when he had a relationship with his girlfriend.. Moreover, he defended himself when he stopped contacting Michael during his trial but we still need to know more about Michael’s side of the story

i have noticed that every time someone shares info unfavourable to michael the fandom never appreciates it. why can’t you all accept that MJ was a human w flaws?

Michael7777

MJ IS INNOCENT
Reaction score
Reactions
3,422 153 70
Alleybux
i have noticed that every time someone shares info unfavourable to michael the fandom never appreciates it. why can’t you all accept that MJ was a human w flaws?
Frank gave an insight about Michael with his flaws and good sides but there were stories like those I mentioned that came from one side and needn’t to be mentioned at all.. Plus, you need to understand that there are always two sides of the story that relying on one side of it is unfair..

WomanMirror

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,116 464 479
Alleybux
For the most part it's good/

But there are some parts, especially when he was kid/teen where you can tell Michael gave frank an age-appropriate explanation/ answer for certain things, so it's a watered-down version of the truth.

Like for example Frank doesn't know much about Michael's relationship with Lisa. So he makes assumptions and downplays it a lot. It's clear he has no idea they were dating while she was still married to her first husband and that they were still messing around after their divorce.
Yes, he didn't mentioned that Michael and Lisa were still seeing each other after divorce, but maybe Michael kept private

But overall I still think its a great book.

Ricky Stanish

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
24,998 72 72
Alleybux
The two things I look for in books written by people about MJ is their level of self-awareness and the way they write about conflict/breakdowns in their relationship with him. Two things we need to keep in mind is that Michael was a friend of the family and that Frank was a literal child during a good part of their friendship. Frank doesn't have all the answers and there are things they wouldn't have fully talked in real time or Michael might or might not have felt comfortable talking about with Frank about that people are constantly clamoring for information about.

Instead of "insiders" admitting they don't have the answers they create narratives. I honestly would be more interested in what Franks parents have to say about Michael since they are his contemporaries. Frank (and some of his siblings) have done side eye worthy things and there aren't many ppl in MJ's life that can be fully trusted. I say that because their are things people always try to dance around. The uncomfortable truth is that being in MJ's ecosphere came with perks and when he died there were a lot of people that were off the gravy train. I also think some of them were angry with him because of that. Some of people MJ was good to took advantage of what he gave them and if he set boundaries it pissed them off and they wanted to be the "main character" in MJ's life. Frank is no different. I feel the same now as I felt then...Frank sounds immature in the book. The only expert on Michael Jackson is gone and it's a rare person that can pass a purity test when they are trying to bask in the celebrity of another person. After MJ died, I look at most things written by people that knew him as stories/anecdotes not facts. These are two different things. Because, in case you haven't noticed, what is said about MJ is based on how the person felt at the time. So we usually have to wait for more nuanced version of events and also be prepared to compare and contrast statements. This is not a full shot at Frank, but MJ had a lot of mediocre people around him, but he was always very supportive and talked people up and I feel sometimes this led to bitterness when the person couldn't acquire a certain amount of success even with his help. Them caring about him is not the debate, but rather their actions.

Leogirl817

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,277 1,124 404
Alleybux
The two things I look for in books written by people about MJ is their level of self-awareness and the way they write about conflict/breakdowns in their relationship with him. Two things we need to keep in mind is that Michael was a friend of the family and that Frank was a literal child during a good part of their friendship. Frank doesn't have all the answers and there are things they wouldn't have fully talked in real time or Michael might or might not have felt comfortable talking about with Frank about that people are constantly clamoring for information about.

Instead of "insiders" admitting they don't have the answers they create narratives. I honestly would be more interested in what Franks parents have to say about Michael since they are his contemporaries. Frank (and some of his siblings) have done side eye worthy things and there aren't many ppl in MJ's life that can be fully trusted. I say that because their are things people always try to dance around. The uncomfortable truth is that being in MJ's ecosphere came with perks and when he died there were a lot of people that were off the gravy train. I also think some of them were angry with him because of that. Some of people MJ was good to took advantage of what he gave them and if he set boundaries it pissed them off and they wanted to be the "main character" in MJ's life. Frank is no different. I feel the same now as I felt then...Frank sounds immature in the book. The only expert on Michael Jackson is gone and it's a rare person that can pass a purity test when they are trying to bask in the celebrity of another person. After MJ died, I look at most things written by people that knew him as stories/anecdotes not facts. These are two different things. Because, in case you haven't noticed, what is said about MJ is based on how the person felt at the time. So we usually have to wait for more nuanced version of events and also be prepared to compare and contrast statements. This is not a full shot at Frank, but MJ had a lot of mediocre people around him, but he was always very supportive and talked people up and I feel sometimes this led to bitterness when the person couldn't acquire a certain amount of success even with his help. Them caring about him is not the debate, but rather their actions.
Well said, as always, Ricky.

BestOfJoy

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,671 39 47
Alleybux
I side-eye anyone who put(s) out a book after Michael passed away. I put everyone in this category- friends, family, associates, bodyguards, etc. There's a reason these books were not released during the time Michael was alive. His death should not have given the the all clear.

Kitty12

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
152,719 4,765 1,968
Alleybux

I agree with you on that those people took advantage of MJ and all the perks that comes with being friends with MJ. So sad.