Quantcast

Is this emotional abuse?

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
2,689,691 495,019 222,892
Alleybux
Constantly judging harshly and accusing me of lying. Pointing out my “flaws”, and being very short tempered with me, and then being fine the next day. Being very jealous if I mention another man, then accusing me of lying.

Him:

“You just don’t understand me, the things you do don’t make sense. You don’t get me!”

“For us to stay together you need to understand me! You don’t know me.”

“I’m a thinker! I need you to think more, because you don’t get it!”

“You’re very intelligent, but you have a lot of flaws. A lot of them. It’s mind boggling.”

(I finally responded in defense, and said “it must be nice to not have any flaws”, he grew angry, broke up with me and blocked my number. However, he is still following my IG.

I’ve been grieving the death of a loved one, so my grief I think has paired my judgment a lot in that relationship. I’m not going back, I just needed to vent and a bit of clarity.

Nana Peazant

Obeah Woman
Reaction score
Reactions
548,675 13,179 1,858
Alleybux
Yes it is emotional abuse. Often we ask questions we know the answers to reaching out for validation.

Give yourself permission to validate your own thoughts.

Angeling

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
528 32 1
Alleybux
If you feel the need to ask this question then the answer is usually yes. Even if it wasn’t emotional abuse it’s still BS and it’s best to leave him alone ASAP.

Bella8933

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
143,130 5,830 6,841
Alleybux
Constantly judging harshly and accusing me of lying. Pointing out my “flaws”, and being very short tempered with me, and then being fine the next day. Being very jealous if I mention another man, then accusing me of lying.

Him:

“You just don’t understand me, the things you do don’t make sense. You don’t get me!”

“You’re very intelligent, but you have a lot of flaws. A lot of them. It’s mind boggling.”

(I finally responded in defense, and said “it must be nice to not have any flaws”, he grew angry, broke up with me and blocked my number. However, he is still following my IG.

I’ve been grieving the death of a loved one, so my grief I think has paired my judgment a lot in that relationship. I’m not going back, I just needed to vent and a bit of clarity.

Jeeesh! Thank God you got out of THAT situation by making him mad enough to dump you.

What a fkin monster. I don't even know how you hung around after that first incident I would never allow a man to treat me like that.

But be careful. Heś not gone. He's still plotting on you ... that is why he watches your stories.

In 3... 2....1 heś going to contact you again and try to get back into your life. If he catches you in a weak moment BOOM he'll be back and more abusive than ever!

You need to block him from watching your stuff. If he knows you know he's watching right? So in his mind, you are setting up an invitation to invite him back.

Block everything about yourself to him because itś just a matter of time until he 's back .. if you let him.

Be careful...

WonderfullyMade4Me

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
35,188 708 403
Alleybux

Him:

I don't like this at all, and neither should you. That little "think more" swipe would have deaded the whole relationship for me.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Sorry for all of the grammatical errors. I meant to say, IMPAIRED my judgment. I’ve been crying all day, and could barely type this out. Thank you for replying.

EVIL STEPMUM

I want to shag Marc Rebillet.
Reaction score
Reactions
268,750 6,409 1,416
Alleybux
I'm so sorry you've had to deal with this op, on top of your loss. Please block this man. Best wishes to you, sweetheart.

D E L E T E

DELETE ACCOUNT
Reaction score
Reactions
86,235 6,032 1,872
Alleybux
Iconic Britney Spears inspired “Dump Him” shirt.... - Depop

Prettibrowneyes

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,483 600 150
Alleybux
Girl RUNNNNNNNNN and don’t let him reel you back in. Like someone said.. BLOCK HIM ON EVERYTHING!!

UStoleMyName

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
2,767 341 51
Alleybux

Him:

Wow... well I hope you don’t let him back into your life. On insta you can make him unfollow you and then you can block him. You deserve better than that. Also, so sorry for your loss of a loved one. Please take care of yourself.

TMZ1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
33,089 1,175 1,090
Alleybux
I'm not 100% sure because I'm only reading this thread but he might be narcissist. The things that sound like it are

his putting you down for being you, condescendingly, and sounding like he really believes it,
him trying to make it your fault that he's misunderstood,
him positioning himself as the center of the pain and "wrongdoing"
him putting all the blame on you and exonerating himself,
him telling you all about yourself and how he feels, then when you finally speak up for yourself minus any insults (really just adding to what he says) him FREAKING OUT and ending your relationship

sounds like a bitchmade narcissist to me.

If not a narcissist, definitely bitchmade

YES, that is emotional abuse

protect yourself from him because he is only thinking about himself and it sounds like he's trying to make you out to be the enemy. (Read up on narcissists, they all have the same playbook)

Protect your magic and your energy. Leave that boy and don't even check back

Tenderoni3

The Very Best
Reaction score
Reactions
2,507 145 300
Alleybux

Him:

He's a narcissist. Run while you still can

NarcoticVenus

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,670 734 410
Alleybux
I do think that he is selfish and taking advantage of your lack of boundaries.

He knows that you will not react so he keeps chipping away at your self-esteem so he can control you.

Breaking up with him is the best thing.

The fact that he can't even empathize with you during your bereavement tells you everything there is to know about him.

Voiderror404

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,427 4,998 1,496
Alleybux
Yes it is emotional abuse. Often we ask questions we know the answers to reaching out for validation.

Give yourself permission to validate your own thoughts.

There's a psychologist on youtube who specializes in healing from toxic relationships and she flat out said

"If you find yourself googling someone's behavior you know that something is wrong"

OP knows he's emtionally abusive. She just needs the confirmation from other people.

Relaunch91

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
117,370 4,175 1,750
Alleybux
There's a psychologist on youtube who specializes in healing from toxic relationships and she flat out said

"If you find yourself googling someone's behavior you know that something is wrong"

OP knows he's emtionally abusive. She just needs the confirmation from other people.
Actually that’s the problem she doesn’t need us to confirm she needs to trust her god given intuition and move forward.

incogneato

No face, no case.
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux

I needed to question, because all of the gaslighting that I’ve been through. Didn’t know if I was being sensitive or overreacting. But now I see. Thank you.

yunalesca

Guardian of Spira
Reaction score
Reactions
4,622 16 5
Alleybux
Even if you were overreacting, does it matter? If we all said it was ok, would it make it any better?

Follow your intuition and if it feels wrong to you, you owe it to yourself to get out of that situation

Cada2

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
167,043 15,892 2,327
Alleybux
He doesn’t sound like a helpful, patient, concerned man. If you’re his lady, he should take the time to get to know you, and for you to know him.