Quantcast

Israel Houghton's daughter, Mariah Houghton divorced from husband Bryan Rideau

misscouture

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
35,945 673 218
Alleybux
Yesterday Mariah appeared on my timeline... instagram page afresh with only like two pics.

Did some digging and it seems she split from her husband.

I'm pretty sure they were pastors at that Relentless Church with John.

In this interview her ex, Brian said they got married in 2016, life was good, but the higher God took them, demons were following, that they were immature in their faith and that Mariah one day just said she didn't want to be married anymore.

He said looking back he noticed little behaviour changes and that he was putting work before his family. He also said maybe she had people in her ear about it.

In Feb 2019 Mariah said she wasn't feeling the relationship, wanted to get help, but was feeling to call it quits.
Bought plane tickets to see their marriage counsellor but before they could see them, Mariah said they should call it quits now.

She just didn't want to be married and didn't love the married life.

They wed when she was 20 and he 22 and would have been going into their third year of marriage.

977402509e735a81c8fad5c7756075d2%20(1)-1579504399586.jpg

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,233 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
I blame her hypocrite Teddy Ruxpin of a father Israel. I bet he was all about rigid courtship style dating/“dating with a purpose”, meanwhile he out here dipping and diving on her mama making illegitimate children.

I hope she goes to college, dates around and finds out who she is as a woman before considering marriage again.

LoveScorpio9

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,143 1,388 462
Alleybux
Well, there are no children involved and they were so young! I totally understand wanting to marry your "first" love and wanting that foundation of marriage as a young adult but I would not recommend it.

Good luck to both!

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,087 3,085 528
Alleybux
Damn i didnt know Adrienne man was that old.

Umm i got married at 19 and whoever said that is too young and dumb is right. After that it was like a domino effect of bad sh!t in my life. My 20s was more turbulent than it had to be and getting married that young was part of the catalyst. 23 is also when i left my husband for good.

MissA09

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
2,038 16 6
Alleybux
I was wondering if she got divorced ... I suspected it for a while so I’m not surprised at this confirmation. I just noticed today that she’s back on Instagram because Adrienne tagged her. now my next question is what’s going on with the other daughter Lily? She used to be with Adrienne quite a lot and now it’s like she’s disappeared.

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
I follow Byron on IG and have spoken to him a few times, he seems very genuine and kind.

From his stories he has posted, and the things he has said, he feels very strongly about his calling to work in the church, and she may not have been about that life to the level he was. When they moved to work with Pastor John Gray, it isn't exactly glamorous work at the beginning to be youth pastors.

If anyone remembers Mariah's old IG, it was PERFECTLY curated. She was more about that IG influencer/blog life. The way Adrienne is currently.

Kkhoco

Beautiful light
Reaction score
Reactions
5,532 17 4
Alleybux
Damn i didnt know Adrienne man was that old.

Umm i got married at 19 and whoever said that is too young and dumb is right. After that it was like a domino effect of bad sh!t in my life. My 20s was more turbulent than it had to be and getting married that young was part of the catalyst. 23 is also when i left my husband for good.

Yes. I wouldn't recommend getting married young. I was 21 - had a whole husband and baby and it didn't end well with me either. But my child was my biggest blessing from that messy marriage. He too was also young and we had a lot to learn.

I'm grateful for the lessons because now I have the tools to approach my 2nd marriage should I ever decide ro get married again.

Last edited:

Kkhoco

Beautiful light
Reaction score
Reactions
5,532 17 4
Alleybux
I was wondering if she got divorced ... I suspected it for a while so I’m not surprised at this confirmation. I just noticed today that she’s back on Instagram because Adrienne tagged her. now my next question is what’s going on with the other daughter Lily? She used to be with Adrienne quite a lot and now it’s like she’s disappeared.

I also want the tea. She was all over Adrienne insta calling her LIT Mom. Something def went down.

Kkhoco

Beautiful light
Reaction score
Reactions
5,532 17 4
Alleybux
I follow Byron on IG and have spoken to him a few times, he seems very genuine and kind.

From his stories he has posted, and the things he has said, he feels very strongly about his calling to work in the church, and she may not have been about that life to the level he was. When they moved to work with Pastor John Gray, it isn't exactly glamorous work at the beginning to be youth pastors.

If anyone remembers Mariah's old IG, it was PERFECTLY curated. She was more about that IG influencer/blog life. The way Adrienne is currently.

I wonder why she deleted her IG. People divorce all the time. She could have Atleast tried to take off pictures of her wedding and ex husband if she was worried about dating again. To delete the whole thing.... Lol

She was young and a lot of marriages are not guaranteed.

just11412

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
179,087 3,085 528
Alleybux
Yes. I wouldn't recommend getting married young. I was 21 - had a whole husband and baby and it didn't end well with me either. But my child was my biggest blessing from that messy marriage. He too was also young and we had a lot to learn.

I'm grateful for the lessons because now I have the tools to approach my 2nd marriage should I ever decide ro get married again.
definitely Boo!!! I will not be getting divorced

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
I wonder why she deleted her IG. People divorce all the time. She could have Atleast tried to take off pictures of her wedding and ex husband if she was worried about dating again. To delete the whole thing.... Lol

She was young and a lot of marriages are not guaranteed.

I am not sure but if I had to guess..probably to avoid all of the questions. She and Byron were working in the church, doing that whole "being a young married Christian couple is sooooo cool" Instagram thing. Her followers even left questions under Israel's IG photos for a bit, talking about "where is Mariah? Is she still married?!" The majority of her followers probably wouldn't understand as easily as we do lol.

BlueVelvets

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
21,207 195 108
Alleybux

I also had a family and messy divorce at that age. I know others that were married as young as 18 that are still together today. It really depends on the person, values, compatibility and commitment. Some people grow together and some don’t. She probably married because she felt that was the right thing to do. He sounds more invested or maybe she found out something she couldn’t and wouldn’t accept.

cocoprincess

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
29,098 401 162
Alleybux
Being married young definitely isn’t for everyone.All of my friends who are married have older mentors who they aren’t related too to give them advice.A lot of my friends got married at 23.Im 22 right now and a happy single Pringle.

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
So he said all that in the interview? that mariah up and decided she didn't want to be married anymore?

Blesse01170

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
340 6
Alleybux
It’s definitely dependent upon the people and their decisions. I’m 26 and my husband 25 and we got married two years ago. Yes, it’s been difficult trying to establish a foundation together when we barely had one separated, but over the years we’ve been together we have been growing together, evolving, making goals separately and together and learning the importance of having our own identities. We couldn’t imagine waiting any longer to get married, but for many logistical reasons it may have made sense. We definitely aren’t the same ppl we were 4 years ago when we started dating & 2 years ago when we got married and I’m so thankful for that lol. We’re in this for the long haul

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
Bryan has a new boo - a pastor's daughter.

So he said all that in the interview? that mariah up and decided she didn't want to be married anymore?

Basically. But he didn't put it all on her. He said that he was very busy with the church and hinted that maybe he wasn't giving her enough attention - and then said she had some voices in her year.

But yes, she said one day she didn't want to be married.

Danni Archer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,822 1,512 957
Alleybux
Bryan has a new boo - a pastor's daughter.

Basically. But he didn't put it all on her. He said that he was very busy with the church and hinted that maybe he wasn't giving her enough attention - and then said she had some voices in her year.

But yes, she said one day she didn't want to be married.

Sad all around. Her folks probably werent crazy about her marrying young anyway.

Maybe a pastor's daughter, as cliche as it is, is a better fit for him.

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
Sad all around. Her folks probably werent crazy about her marrying young anyway.

Maybe a pastor's daughter, as cliche as it is, is a better fit for him.

I think, with the type of youth pastor life he wants to live - a typical pastor's daughter will be very good for him. He is her first real boyfriend. She is impressed with everything he does and the way she speaks is very cliche.

Mariah will definitely find someone else more her speed (maybe when she's older). I could see her with someone who is Christian, but doesn't work in ministry - has a job in media or something.

E l l a

the moon is full, my bed is empty
Reaction score
Reactions
107,289 5,643 538
Alleybux

Yep. That's what they def bonded over. Lots of white and cream etc. I remember it vividly. What does it look like now?

AmaShamar

Marry Up or Pay Half
Reaction score
Reactions
90,776 3,047 2,003
Alleybux
Wishing Byron the best. I think his new lady will understand the life of a pastor better.

Wintertime Cold

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,679 319 54
Alleybux
Wishing Byron the best. I think his new lady will understand the life of a pastor better.

Yes yes! His new lady is a pastor's daughter and works/worked for Pastor Gray's wife. I think she will understand the life a bit better.

I also hope Mariah finds what she wants as well. I can see her with a more popular guy, who is maybe in music or media.

LBbackup

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,053 1,639 41
Alleybux
Lily and Adrienne used to be so CLOSE online. Posting photos of each other and birthday shoutouts. Now, nothing. It's interesting.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lilllie was the one who distanced herself.

Kkhoco

Beautiful light
Reaction score
Reactions
5,532 17 4
Alleybux
Lily and Adrienne used to be so CLOSE online. Posting photos of each other and birthday shoutouts. Now, nothing. It's interesting.
I wouldn't be surprised if Lilllie was the one who distanced herself.

We still waiting on that tea

nothingz

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
6,821 376 63
Alleybux
We still waiting on that tea

i think because ade was trying to have israel kids all the dam time even in the holidays!!!!!

i remember looking at their daily pics on insta and thinking about the poor mother!!

maybe Lily noticed that and choose to be close to her mama?

mariah is so obsessed with ade and want her attention so bad just look at their vids together in youtube lol i wounder if that annoyed lily too?!

Kkhoco

Beautiful light
Reaction score
Reactions
5,532 17 4
Alleybux
i think because ade was trying to have israel kids all the dam time even in the holidays!!!!!

i remember looking at their daily pics on insta and thinking about the poor mother!!

maybe Lily noticed that and choose to be close to her mama?

mariah is so obsessed with ade and want her attention so bad just look at their vids together in youtube lol i wounder if that annoyed lily too?!

It's weird because at the beginning it was Ade and Lily and now it switched to the Ade and Mariah show. She is always with Adrienne.

I don't blame Mariah if she wants to be a lifestyle blogger type, Ade affiliate will probably boost her followers.

Who knows what happened though. I guess it will come out eventually.

LBbackup

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,053 1,639 41
Alleybux
It's weird because at the beginning it was Ade and Lily and now it switched to the Ade and Mariah show. She is always with Adrienne.

I don't blame Mariah if she wants to be a lifestyle blogger type, Ade affiliate will probably boost her followers.

Who knows what happened though. I guess it will come out eventually.
Yea it seems now she works as a creative director for XIXI (Ade’s jewelry line) and La Voute (Ade’s bag line). She helps run the social media pages and directs some of the campaigns. She even models for some of them. It’s a good look and I can tell she loves what she does for both brands. They do great work together and work well together.

I think Lili was excited to have a “LIT mom” as her & Ade coined the term. I think they were both moving fast in their relationship. A lil too fast in my opinion but some kids attach fast. I was like that growing up. All of my brothers’ GFs were my “big sisters”. I think since Lili was younger then and she is growing up now, the excitement has worn off for the both of them. But especially Lili. As the font mentioned above, I think Lili distanced herself and drew closer to her mom. They still follow each other on IG though but I see ZERO interactions between them and no more bday shoutouts. It’s so weird.

But as you said, maybe the truth will eventually come out.

Last edited:

Trianne

Bench Warmer
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
You guys, I don't know if you saw that Mariah has a new bf also. I feel that she has changed her entire personality from someone who was supposedly needy to now this like vixen... Like adrienne... Its very weird. I I think that's why byron let it go because it didn't suit his calling. Also Lillie and sonny both don't seem to feature on Israels or adriennes feeds anymore and even he keeps trying to look young. I'm so happy for byron tho.

LBbackup

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
37,053 1,639 41
Alleybux
You guys, I don't know if you saw that Mariah has a new bf also. I feel that she has changed her entire personality from someone who was supposedly needy to now this like vixen... Like adrienne... Its very weird. I I think that's why byron let it go because it didn't suit his calling. Also Lillie and sonny both don't seem to feature on Israels or adriennes feeds anymore and even he keeps trying to look young. I'm so happy for byron tho.
Whose her new man?:eyes: