Quantcast

Issa Rae looking like a SNAAACK in new movie with lakeith stanfield, The Photograph

Cranesinthesky

Sometimes I don't wanna feel those metal clouds
Reaction score
Reactions
415,133 15,602 5,029
Alleybux
People kiss Issas ass because they want work and she's a content creator. Sarunus Jackson is notorious for doing that LOOOL.

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,136 1,637 622
Alleybux
Y'lan and Lakeith yes GAWD. Two darkskinned leads and the supporting cast is all med to dark brown. Here for it. The lighting is excellent. The soundtrack sounds like it's gonna be glorious. So I can't wait to see it.

I'm hearing some accents from what I guess it supposed to be Issa's character's mom and bio dad. Is this set in New Orleans?

Idk if I like straight hair on Issa but the color is gorgeous. You know what I like it when her hair is pulled back or up.

I like that it's a movie simply exploring the art of Falling in Love and all it's complications without all the struggle. I LOVE IT.

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,136 1,637 622
Alleybux
Why are people so critical of a movie when they've seen a two minute clip?

Right! I'm reading through this thread like Dang. Y'all didn't even see the movie yet.

One font is tired of romantic comedies, which this film clearly is not. It's a romantic drama. You might laugh, but it isn't The Best Man. It's more comparable to Love Jones.

One it tired of seeing the same actors, meanwhile they actually haven't been in much, especially the supporting cast.

VampiraDelaine

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
62,776 2,147 438
Alleybux
Who is playing the mother? She's gorgeous. That weave is a bit wonky on Issa tbh. But I want to watch it, I love romantic films.

Autumn Leaves

LSA is full of experts with no expertise
Reaction score
Reactions
107,835 1,593 284
Alleybux
Y'lan and Lakeith yes GAWD. Two darkskinned leads and the supporting cast is all med to dark brown. Here for it. The lighting is excellent. The soundtrack sounds like it's gonna be glorious. So I can't wait to see it.

I'm hearing some accents from what I guess it supposed to be Issa's character's mom and bio dad. Is this set in New Orleans?

Idk if I like straight hair on Issa but the color is gorgeous. You know what I like it when her hair is pulled back or up.

I like that it's a movie simply exploring the art of Falling in Love and all it's complications without all the struggle. I LOVE IT.

I want to say New Orleans. I remember Issa was down there filming earlier this year.

Who is playing the mother? She's gorgeous. That weave is a bit wonky on Issa tbh. But I want to watch it, I love romantic films.

Chante Adams. She played Roxanne Shante in the Netflix movie Roxanne Roxanne. She’s gorgeous.

Hugs and Kisses

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,212 7,529 7,481
Alleybux

Without the struggle?

Oda Mae Brown

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
207,136 1,637 622
Alleybux
Without the struggle?

Struggle meaning being Tyler Perry like. It's not set in some stereotypical hood, no one gonna catch an STD as punishment, there's no nice light skinned man saving the woman from the abusive dark skinned man, she's not some single mom with 50-11 kids and she's not some high powered CEO who has to date the bus driver to find love.

It Just looks like a young working black couple navigating love while one explores the life her mom had before she was born and how that shapes how she loves.

Hugs and Kisses

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
103,212 7,529 7,481
Alleybux
Struggle meaning being Tyler Perry like. It's not set in some stereotypical hood, no one gonna catch an STD as punishment, there's no nice light skinned man saving the woman from the abusive dark skinned man, she's not some single mom with 50-11 kids and she's not some high powered CEO who has to date the bus driver to find love.

It Just looks like a young working black couple navigating love while one explores the life her mom had before she was born and how that shapes how she loves.

Are Tyler Perry movies the only ones out there? What Men Want, Think Like a Man, Beyond the Lights are all recent romance projects that explore those things. Beyond the Lights is the biggest, but people barely saw that in theaters. The projects are there, but you all who say that they are not just do not support them until certain people have involvement.

No mam

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
17,196 3,304 7,134
Alleybux

you watched a 2 minute trailer. Relax