Quantcast

It’s not just white incels. We need to talk about the Black Manosphere, too.

StrawberryShake

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
112,141 14,106 1,320
Alleybux
Mainstream conversations about online misogyny keep neglecting The Black Manosphere, and it’s because of misogynoir

On his weekly podcast, The Brother Pill, Sacramento-native and now Poland-transplant, Oshay Duke Jackson, conducts segments, interviews, and discussions about the issues faced by Black men. Occasionally, he talks about these things alone, but on most episodes he speaks with various often recurring guests. Videos range anywhere from ten minutes to over three hours and bring in around ten thousand views.

A significant chunk of the content is about Black men and their relationship with Black women. Some episode titles include “Why Black Men Deserve to Have Side B*tches!!!” and “Do Black Women Create The Men They Complain About?” Listeners call in during live broadcasts to concur with the guests or point out areas of contention. Others donate money.

Alongside his podcast, Jackson created the website negromanosphere.com. Outlining the motivation being the creation of the site, he asserted “It is about DAMN TIME Black Men in the Western World have a voice… We deserve to have our own preferences, our own thoughts, our own media, and our own VOICES!” Contributors to the site hail from around the world and articles range from uplifting themes about self-improvement and physical activity to pieces that openly blame Black women for single motherhood, promiscuity, and allegedly raising “weak Black men.”

The Black Manosphere formed out of a notable goal, but at the cost of a vulnerable population: it seeks to uplift Black men, but does so by demeaning Black women. The Brother Pill claims to intend to provide social guidance for Black men and aims to help to help them improve financially and socially, but contributions use the platform to regularly engage in misogynoir and promote narratives about Black pathological behaviors, often viewing Black women as distinctly different from all other racial and ethnic groups. Contributors allege that Black women are too masculine, lack femininity, and refuse to “know their place.”

There is one notable difference between the Black Manosphere and its white counterpart. While white men want to see traditional gender roles returned out of fear of a declining social status, Black men, as New Yorker writer Doreen St. Félix noted, are invested in these same gender roles because they want male privilege on par with white man, which they believe has been historically denied to them. These men must frame Black women as disobedient and too masculine because, in their minds, it explains why they feel that their own masculinity is being undermined.

The Black Manosphere is a subculture within a subculture. It’s not on the radar of journalists who have documented the larger, ostensibly white Manosphere, even creating numerous online glossaries to explain its terminology. Interestingly, it adopts the same language and similar ideas to its white counterparts, but members of the Black Manosphere believe the ideology of mainstream groups falls into defeatism.

They view Men Going Their Own Way (MGTOW) and incels as groups who have waved the white flag on women and dating. Indeed, MGTOW encourages men to do away with women altogether. The Black Manosphere, on the other hand, demand “solutions” to the things they see as problems, but when assessing dating culture, the Black Manosphere insists that Black women are to blame for almost everything “wrong” with dating and Black culture in general. While some commentators disagree, the majority of members constantly allege that Black women have poor taste in men for going after “Pookie and Ray Ray,” caricatures of Black men with “thuggish” behaviors. They accuse single mothers of coddling their sons, who then fail to live independently.

Although the Black Manosphere’s intentions are much different, their claims ironically resemble Daniel Patrick Moynihan’s 1965 report “The Negro Family: The Case for National Action”. Moynihan linked racial inequalities to family structure, argued that civil rights legislation alone could not alleviate racial inequality, and blamed Black women for the troubles of Black men. He alleged Black women were overeducated, overemployed, and agreed that the Black women favored their daughters over their sons for school and work.

Donovan Sharpe is a prolific writer in the Black Manosphere and routinely makes harsh judgements about Black women. Acknowledging how hated he is, his bio on one site quips about him being a “sexist son of a b!tch who objectifies women by keeping them on their toes, their backs, and their knees where they belong.” Twitter and YouTube banned his accounts (he unfortunately created another YouTube account), which led him to upload content on his own website as well as on Facebook and Instagram.

While critiquing Black women, he frequently upholds white women as better dating partners. He views Black women as occupying “the bottom of the xesual totem pole.” In one article outlining five reasons why he no longer dates Black women, he states that they are not submissive, only desire Black men because they cannot attract men of other races, refuse to perform fellatio, don’t know their place, and have high expectation that they cannot meet themselves.

White women hold a strong allure within the Black Manosphere (and outside of it). Although members agree that white women aren’t perfect, they view them as easier to approach, more open to xesual exploration, more feminine, lacking an attitude, and willing to perform duties as housewives more efficiently than Black women. Even so, there are questions about why many Black men seem to date “unattractive” white women, as well as why Black women supposedly only date “thugs.”

Dating coaches often encourage young men to get “Beckies,” a caricature of a respectable, college-educated, middle-class white woman, and avoid “bottom shelf Rebecca,” which refers to white women who “act Black,” or who only date Black men (Ironic). Oshay Jackson, although he maintains that he does not date interracially, argues that Black men flock to white women because they look at “other characteristic in selecting a man” beside physical attributes and personality, such as “education, work ethic, goals, and achievement, in contrast to Black women in America.”

This subculture includes other groups as well. Black incels routinely upload videos railing against Black women for not dating them, despite claiming to be “good guys.” Black pick-up artists have created YouTube channels, blogs, and websites to teach young men self-improvement, how to stop being simpletons, and of course how to pick up women. A user called Alpha Male Strategies, who calls himself the “best Black dating coach on YouTube” and once said women “are all sluts,” accumulates income through his channel and his terrible book. Like most pick-up artists, he claims modern dating has changed because of social media and believes feminism is the biggest “culprit in the dating world.”

It is difficult to assess how many men are part of this subculture within a subculture. These YouTube channels vary from a few thousand views to over one hundred thousand. Some Black Manosphere articles receive little attention and others get hundreds of comments and engagement. Regardless, it’s a swirling pit of hatred directed squarely at Black women, and several of its leaders have benefited financially from it, profiting on their misogynoir.

Although this sub-subculture has never influenced anyone to commit an act of public terrorism like incels have, as far as we know, its existence is still troubling. With the Black Manosphere constantly circling us, Black women constantly find themselves, to borrow the subtitle from historian Deborah Gray White’s 1999 book, in “defense of themselves” in the face of sentiments brimming with misogynoir, as they always have been. The continued overlooking of the Black Manosphere in mainstream discourse about online misogyny reinforces how mainstream feminism neglects misogynoir and its impact on Black women’s lives.

It's not just white incels. We need to talk about the Black Manosphere, too. - The Black Youth Project

FallenHeaux

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
95,650 4,709 1,096
Alleybux
Plenty of black incels on here; like 95% of the male fonts. The other 5% are on LSA about 5 times a year.
tenor.gif

They about to come in this thread like this
giphy.gif

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,892 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
lol i was waiting til they made it lsa

majority of them are self hating, but some are regulars

they do have some interesting topics

ILuhYouChy

My Anus is Leaking Love
Reaction score
Reactions
25,188 1,513 542
Alleybux
Didn’t read all the way through but yes... those men were denied white male privilege and feel wronged. They want the power to move around like White men and will try to do anything to get it including dating his woman, blaming Black women, etc.

They only complain about racism because it happens to them, let racism only happen to the women and watch that section of males act blind to it and pretend Black women are over exaggerating. They can’t be helped and are mentally challenged.

Santigold

ᴄᴏʟᴅᴇʀ ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴛɪᴛᴀɴɪᴄ ᴡᴀᴛᴇʀ.
Reaction score
Reactions
705,272 30,574 3,181
Alleybux
tenor.gif

They about to come in this thread like this
giphy.gif

I was going to say the same thing. They're sensitive and b!tch-made. Mad because we tell the truth about them. What real man with a life signs up for a gossip site named LIPSTICK ALLEY? Make it make sense!

Iconic

Illuminaughty
Reaction score
Reactions
31,896 618 161
Alleybux
It never ceases to amaze that the parent that stayed is the only parent at fault. Why Black women are expected to be mother and father and succeed every time while these negroids can’t even play half a father and are somehow scot-free of any blame. Show up and raise your children, instead of sitting online and yelling into the void about that handful of dollars you have to give to your baby mama, god forbid you take any responsibility at all for your whole ass kids.

And the rest is garbage too. Whew chile, the insecurity & projection. No one is surprised at the core of this is jealousy over white mens position and the white man’s woman. They sound even more pathetic than the white men who chase the illusion of the submissive asian woman, who in reality will beat your ass if you look at her sideways.

Too many men are degenerate self hating losers, next.

True Artist

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
176,900 6,957 6,465
Alleybux
Wow.

Black penis ppl think WW will rescue black incels?

These males are not only verbally saying they come from less-than-optimal backgrounds, they are showing themselves to be losers. Who is attracted to that? If I trashed black men, obviously I’m talking about black males I’ve been around.

Obviously they can’t attract women who meet their superficial standards. That’s the root of all incels. NOONE is ugly to everyone. They just can’t get who they think they deserve. And they don’t deserve anyone. Get in where you fit in, or remain an incel.

Bag of trash.

Too bad it’s not “men who WENT their own way,” so they can STOP TALKING ABOUT IT and GOOOOOOOO

Last edited:

Remy Newport

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
298,658 6,109 4,258
Alleybux
This is why not being overly dependent/addicted to social media/internet is important to mental health. The vast majority of people should not care about these idiots whining online because they are too “fill in the blank” to get dates or laid

peppermintpatty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,970 5,432 15,012
Alleybux
Didn’t read all the way through but yes... those men were denied white male privilege and feel wronged. They want the power to move around like White men and will try to do anything to get it including dating his woman, blaming Black women, etc.

They only complain about racism because it happens to them, let racism only happen to the women and watch that section of males act blind to it and pretend Black women are over exaggerating. They can’t be helped and are mentally challenged.

Exactly! black men only care about racism when they are denied xesual access to white/non-black women

Last edited:

Tristan16

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
23,339 787 364
Alleybux
I don't understand if they ain't going to date black women or date "bottom shelf Rebecca" who are they going to date? The other yt women don't want you.

This reminds of of the crazy serial killer who said The Black man will love/ worship the yt woman more than the Yt man. I mean there are some Black men who'll worship the yt woman more than their mama. SMH crazy folks

GREMLINtwin

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
87,786 7,449 9,982
Alleybux

Most black people only care if they experience racism personally. It's done on this site by BW as well

Mantsho

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
165,122 13,156 9,082
Alleybux
Is this their leader? For shame and they wonder why they need a website named negromansphere. The evolution of black men is lagging far behind and can't be the responsibility of black women. If they know better, they should do better!

1ltq3z.jpg

peppermintpatty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,970 5,432 15,012
Alleybux
Is this their leader? For shame and they wonder why they need a website named negromansphere. The evolution of black men is lagging far behind and can't be the responsibility of black women. If they know better, they should do better!

1ltq3z.jpg

Thats exactly how most of these black incels look too..like Oshay's ugly ass. lol

Sojourner Truth

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
251,706 6,262 4,396
Alleybux
only desire Black men because they cannot attract men of other races

A lot of BM say some variation of this and it really speaks to their low self esteem and how they truly view themselves. I also think it speaks to their lack of race loyalty. It baffles them that BW would actually want to marry black, and have black children.

Zephyr

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
68,239 3,037 2,072
Alleybux
Black American men had one good stereotype, and that’s having a magnetic charm with women. In less than a decade ‘ the black manosphere’ has crushed that stereotype.

tenor.gif

UglyFatGirl

Living Rent-Free in Taylor Swift's Bald Spots
Reaction score
Reactions
136,352 8,721 4,638
Alleybux
These guys are terrorists and should be registered/tracked as such. They are all capable of harming Black women. Most of them are unemployed or in IT, and they lurk on dating apps. They must not be allowed to breed.

Reaction score
Reactions
7,761 105 71
Alleybux
A lot of BM say some variation of this and it really speaks to their low self esteem and how they truly view themselves. I also think it speaks to their lack of race loyalty. It baffles them that BW would actually want to marry black, and have black children.

I know, when I was reading that part I had to stop. Because umm... Isn't that a self drag? :cautious:

Grand Puma

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,759 3,837 2,686
Alleybux
A lot of fonts here use similar language to try to shame other black women for their dating habits. Check Jane Doe Alley

patiense

“Every word of God is flawless" Proverbs 30:5
Reaction score
Reactions
26,340 3,455 3,394
Alleybux
"white women are more submissive"

i'll be more submissive too if i knew a man was taking care of me.

bribri23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,863 2,905 238
Alleybux
I seen this. All they do is spew hatred for black women. My question is when they get older 50 +, alone, no women wants them are they going to change their tune.

Petite fraise

He ripped off my necklace
Reaction score
Reactions
548,528 20,844 15,887
Alleybux
All this means is more violence against black women
They Hate black women because they secretly hate being black including black features and black children
We don’t have a low marriage rate, high oww birth rate and high Dv rate for no reason

bribri23

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,863 2,905 238
Alleybux
I took a 30 day(or more) break from face book. From the femininity classes to men talking about how the black women destroyed the black family by working. Alot of these men talk about the same sh!t repeatedly. My thing is if you hate black women so much, please leave us alone.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux

+1. I tend to feel this way about a lot of the male population. Scrap it and start all over.

Metaphysique

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
41,065 696 303
Alleybux
Thats exactly how most of these black incels look too..like Oshay's ugly ass. lol

It's the same for the white incels, too. Ugly ass mofos with giant entitlement complexes.

They and all their kin are the dingleberries on the world's ass. The lot of them. I try to ignore them and hope they'll fall off eventually.

I'm not generally successful at ignoring them. :thinking

true2this

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,437 3,926 2,320
Alleybux
Yess, these kind of statements baffle me. Why wouldn't it be expected for black women to want black men by default? I don't even get it..

I've also never understood this idea that white men are so exclusive and soo hard to get. A lot of BW women spout that rhetoric too.

It's all just a pathetic look for black folks, putting others on a pedestal and fighting over their attention.

Last edited:

HomoSeparati

Pretentious Homosexual
Reaction score
Reactions
30,890 5,537 2,727
Alleybux
I took a 30 day(or more) break from face book. From the femininity classes to men talking about how the black women destroyed the black family by working. Alot of these men talk about the same sh!t repeatedly. My thing is if you hate black women so much, please leave us alone.

That’s some bµllsh!t. Black women have been working alongside black men since the beginning of this country. Not to mention, that is was the black woman who had to support the family when black men couldn’t get high paying to support a household.

true2this

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,437 3,926 2,320
Alleybux
I seen this. All they do is spew hatred for black women. My question is when they get older 50 +, alone, no women wants them are they going to change their tune.
Most of those men are over 40 bitter and divorced. The reason they're so pressed is because they can't get the young beautiful woman they feel entitled to just for walking upright and having a penis. They're not getting top shelf white women either and are frustrated.

Black men who are successful with women don't need to make 3-hour YouTube videos about how terrible women are. They busy.

true2this

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
119,437 3,926 2,320
Alleybux
Tbh there are quite a few incels on here.. both male and female.
Incels say women can only be volcels - voluntary celibates, cause they say women can always get xes if they really want to. There's some truth to that :LOL::LOL:

But yes, some of the extreme bitter fonts here are just the other side of the male incel coin.