Quantcast

It's Not Just Cosby: Hollywood's Long List of Male Perverts

BluePoisonIvy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
213,373 8,148 4,723
Alleybux
Does Hollywood turn these men into predators and batterers or where they already like that?

It’s Not Just Cosby: Hollywood’s Long List of Male Scumbags

It took a lot to make the public and entertainment industry remember the allegations against Dr. Huxtable. Why have we forgotten about everyone from Bill Murray to John Lennon, too?
1416503718017.cached.jpg

“I wonder how he sleeps at night.”

That’s what Barbara Bowman said about legendary comedian Bill Cosby during an interview on HuffPost Live last Friday. Bowman had just written an op-ed for TheWashington Post detailing alleged xesual assaults by Cosby in the mid-1980s.

“[There was the time] in Atlantic City, which was the final incident, where he came straight out and attacked me in his suite and tried to rape me and tried to tear off my clothes and he was trying to tear off his belt buckle and his pants,” the 47-year-old actress recounted. “I was screaming and yelling and scratching and wrestling to get away from him, and at one point he just got angry and viciously mad and threw me out.”

Bowman is one of over a dozen women who has accused Cosby of xesual assault over the years. Cosby is frequently listed among the greatest comedians of all time. He received the Presidential Medal of Freedom from George W. Bush. And there is, of course, Cliff Huxtable and that string of delightful Jell-O commercials:

These accusations against the 77-year-old comic are not—for the most part—actually news, per se. They’ve been around for a long time, having been aired in several prominent news and entertainment outlets. “Basically nobody wanted to live in a world where Bill Cosby was a xesual predator,” Tom Scocca wrote at Gawker back in February. “It was too much to handle.”

The reason this has reentered the news cycle is because comedian Hannibal Buress called Cosby a rapist on-stage in October. That set off the renewed scrutiny and claims of assault.

Regardless of why this has emerged as big news yet again, it is extremely important that it has. The rich and powerful shouldn’t be allowed to duck a tide of rape allegations, and that includes beloved, family-friendly household names. But Bill Cosby is far from the only famous man who has been accused of xesual assault, rape, or violence against women. And it’s astounding how many of them have been gift-wrapped a free pass from an adoring public.

Mike Tyson is a convicted rapist, and he now stars as a loveable cartoon TV detective. Roman Polanski raped a 13-year-old and has since won an Oscar to standing ovation. Sean Connery is the celebrated embodiment of rugged cool, who has openly championed beating women in order to keep ’em in line. Bill Murray has been accused by his ex-wife of repeated, brutal physical abuse. Rick James was arrested for torturing and xesually abusing a woman for three days straight, only to have his image rehabilitated by Dave Chappelle years later. John Lennon is one of the most worshipped artists who has ever drawn breath, and he has copped to battering the sh!t out of women.

Also, who could forget Michael Jackson, R. Kelly, CeeLo Green, Julian Assange, Terry Richardson, Tupac Shakur, Gary Glitter, Charlie Sheen, Sean Penn, Josh Brolin, Nicolas Cage, and Chris Brown.
And then there’s Woody Allen—the other world-famous funnyman who recently came under fire for alleged horrific abuse.

It’s a sad reality that these men live in a world and thrive in a popular culture where too many of its patrons maintain a depressingly high threshold for indefensibility. One tragedy of the Cosby affair is that it took so damn long for these easily Google-able allegations to resurface in any meaningful way. Many were just eager to forget, absolve, or overlook serious accusations, simply because doing so would be hugely convenient.

Terrible crimes don’t automatically negate an artist or celebrity’s contribution to society—but rape, xes crimes, and brutalizing women are not hobbies that audiences should tolerate. It’s the sort of behavior that is now unacceptable in virtually all other forms of business. Surely, Hollywood should not be exempt from such a standard.

NE Heartbreak

A Little Bit Of Love
Reaction score
Reactions
3,952 37 13
Alleybux
Michael Jackson tho? :eyeroll: Besides that error I agree with the article.

Fire Squad

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,271 562 91
Alleybux
Yeah but some off these guys (Lennon, Murray and Connery to be specific) aren't going to get the same black flash even with their dirt being brought up. Pac, mike and Tyson were framed tho.

Aems

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
175,081 3,911 1,715
Alleybux
Half of those are no secret. Wake me up when someone REALLY starts naming names because you know good and well there are some major players/heavy hitters who should also be on that list.

Chamonix

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,872 4,009 2,009
Alleybux
Michael Jackson tho? :eyeroll: Besides that error I agree with the article.

It's interesting that his name is mentioned first, even though he went through a trial (unlike many of the others) and there was no evidence found against him.

Notice, Elvis Presley (who had a predilection for underage girls) is not mentioned.

Bellbottoms

In My bed.....Waiting for Aladdin To Pipe Me Down
Reaction score
Reactions
66,276 5,668 148
Alleybux

It's interesting that his name is mentioned first, even though he went through a trial (unlike many of the others) and there was no evidence found against him.

You better tell it. They cannot here you though.

Marlon12

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
42,762 94 18
Alleybux
...and those are just the ones that are well-known. I think there are a boatload of criminals in the entertainment industry. Do you think a lot of these acts abuse drugs for no reason?

Marlon12

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
42,762 94 18
Alleybux
Half of those are no secret. Wake me up when someone REALLY starts naming names because you know good and well there are some major players/heavy hitters who should also be on that list.

You can't count the good ones on two hands. The industry is a fµcked up place, which is why many parents avoid sending their children into it.

Chamonix

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
154,872 4,009 2,009
Alleybux
Allegation are not always true. Not every celebrity accused of a crime is guilty. Each case should be looked at individually.

redbud tree

Ballin in Instabal, Turkey
Reaction score
Reactions
383,684 10,681 3,149
Alleybux
Hollywood didn't do it to them. But we know from asshole cops that a little bit of power is a dangerous thing. Add stardom, money, and stir.

Cocoathunda

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
3,862 169 53
Alleybux
It goes way deeper than this. Rape and pedophilia in hollywood is out of control. We'd be surprised...

jcap

Team Owner
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
703 16 25
Alleybux
Ya'll gonna sit up in here and act like Mike doesn't deserve to be in this article?

Oh okay. Keep putting these celebrities on pedastals.

Screen Siren

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,971 3,779 4,010
Alleybux
Yeah but some off these guys (Lennon, Murray and Connery to be specific) aren't going to get the same black flash even with their dirt being brought up. Pac, mike and Tyson were framed tho.

Ironically, one of Bill Cosby's daughter accused Mike Tyson of trying to rape her.

Moionfire

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
16,272 202 177
Alleybux
Predators exist in all industries, but the entertainment industry is just better in allowing predators off the hook.

Terry Mcginnis

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,534 1,577 910
Alleybux
They can take Michael Jackson's name off and replace it with Jack N/icholson instead. The guy was a pedophile and a racist.

And let's not forget other gutter trash like Jeremy I/rons, David O. R/ussell, S/ean Penn and Ke/vin S.pacey. A good 75% of all of them are depraved individuals and none of us have even named all the producers, directors, writers, casting agents, actors/actresses, to the people on all the award/film guilds and voting panels involved in this mess.

Viviandarkbloom

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
2,183 85 11
Alleybux
I heard Richard Gear was a pervert a long x ago. He likes gerbils. I think that's the only person I can think of that wasn't named already.

JojoBaker

Banana skirt dancer
Reaction score
Reactions
9,481 221 138
Alleybux
Connery and Tupac??? I have never heard about their allegations before.

But you are right that there is a long list. There have been hints of more names by some celebs in the industry like Thandie Newton but they never come right out and say it. Frustrating. I also remember the Corey Haim and Corey Feldman spoke of being abused as youngsters in the industry.

I don't think Hollywood has made them this way but it has given them a safety net to be violent and abusive without major fear of repercussions.