Jacksonville mobilizes for protests against Angela Corey

ScientificPlaya

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
108 9 1
Alleybux
Jacksonville mobilizes for protests against Angela Corey

http://www.fightbacknews.org/2016/2/10/jacksonville-mobilizes-protests-against-angela-corey

By staff |
February 10, 2016
Read more articles in In-Justice System

Jacksonville, FL - Members of the Jacksonville Progressive Coalition and other community organizations are mobilizing for protests against protest Florida State Attorney Angela Corey later in February. Corey is responsible for incarcerating more Black youth than any other state attorney in Florida and for failing to serve justice in several high-profile cases. Corey's record includes failing to convict George Zimmerman in the murder of Trayvon Martin, and locking up Marissa Alexander for defending herself against her violent estranged husband. In 2015, Corey also failed to deliver justice in the case of D'angelo Stallworth, a UPS employee murdered by the Jacksonville Sheriff's Office (JSO).

The Jacksonville Progressive Coalition has called for two rallies that will target major financial backers of Corey's previous campaign for state attorney and slam the companies for supporting Corey's racist policies.

The first rally will take place outside of SafeTouch Security Systems on Feb. 21 at 1:00 p.m. The address for SafeTouch Security Systems is 9600 Sunbeam Center Drive, Jacksonville, Florida.

The second rally will take place outside of W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractor on Feb. 28 at 1:00 p.m. The address for W.W. Gay Mechanical Contractor is 524 Stockton Street, Jacksonville, Florida.

Fernando Figueroa of the Jacksonville Progressive Coalition had this to say about the upcoming events, “We are mobilizing community members and organizations from around Jacksonville who are tired of Angela Corey's reign of terror, where killers with badges are protected and Black people are oppressed. By protesting outside of her financial backers, we're looking to hit her next campaign for reelection in the pockets. I urge everyone who loves justice and equality to come speak out against Angela Corey. Our message is clear – we want Angela Corey out now!”

SaLiLi

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
261,890 7,386 9,336
Alleybux
I've been waiting on this and I'm happy to hear this news. This dumb b!tch should have been out of office

pistolino

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
25,970 261 43
Alleybux
I wish I still lived there that b!tch told me I was being "cavalier" about a bad check I wrote a LONG LONG TIME AGO. This was when she was just working in the state atty's office. I was making payments on it and she was a big C word about it. She also told me she should put me in jail anyway--she has a long, long history of operating outside the law when nobody's looking.