Quantcast

Ja'Quarius McCray, 17, is charged with murdering Orlando mom after following her home and shooting her dead 'after she refused to hand over keys

SunKissWanderer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,505 40,726 695
Alleybux

Carjacker, 17, is charged with murdering Orlando mom-of-two after following her and friend home and shooting her dead in her driveway 'after they refused to hand over keys to BMW'​

1621371862054.png
1621371872792.png

• Ja'Quarius McCray, 17, faces charges of first-degree murder with a gun and attempted first-degree murder for the killing of Roxana Sanchez
  • Sanchez, 36, a married mom-of-two, was shot dead on the morning of May 8 - Mother's Day - during carjacking attempt in her driveway
  • Orange County Sheriff's Office is still searching for McCray's alleged accomplice
  • Court records show McCray has an armed burglary case pending against him, stemming from February 2020 arrest
  • He was placed on conditional release in March 2021 after being found unfit to stand trial in that case - six weeks before Sanchez was murdered

This is the 17 year-old boy accused of killing a mom of two during a botched carjacking after she and a friend refused to hand over the keys to the BMW they were in.

Orange County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday tweeted out a short video clip, showing the suspect, identified as Ja'Quarius McCray, being led in handcuffs to a police car.

McCray is facing charges of first-degree murder with a gun and attempted first-degree murder with a gun over the death of 36-year-old Roxana Sanchez in the early hours of May 8.

He was declared unfit for trial for an armed burglary case in March - just six weeks before Sanchez's murder.

McCray and an unidentified accomplice are said to have followed Sanchez and a friend as they drove home in a BMW from a night out, and allegedly boxed them into Sanchez's driveway in Orlando.

Sanchez was shot dead after her friend tried to escape by reversing, and crashed into the carjackers' car.

According to the sheriff's office, the driver panicked and put her the car in reverse, ramming the suspects' car. That prompted the perpetrator standing on Sanchez's side to open fire on her before fleeing.

Sanchez was rushed to a hospital suffering from gunshot wounds and later died.

In a statement, Sanchez's husband Douglas Meijia said: 'My wife was a very caring person. She was my mountain in this relationship.'

Sanchez's sister described her in a GoFundMe campaign as the 'most caring person' and her 'rock and sounding board.'

'They just killed her without thinking leaving two small kids without a loving and caring mother, a husband without the love of his life, sisters without the glue that holds the family together, and the best daughter a parent could have,' the sister stated, referring to Sanchez's attackers.

1621371946581.png

Surveillance video captured the would-be carjackers' vehicle driving near the crime scene in the 10000 block of Lecon Branch Court in Orlando

Authorities have not revealed what led them to McCray, but they previously said that surveillance video has played a key role in the investigation because it showed the suspects' car.

1621372006587.png

In February 2020, McCray was arrested in connection with an armed burglary, but he was found unfit to stand trial in March

Court records indicate that McCray has another criminal case pending against him in Orange County. It stems from his February 2020 arrest on charges of armed burglary of a dwelling, robbery with a firearm, attempted aggravated battery with a firearm, shooting into a building and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Following a series of psychiatric evaluations, McCray was found unfit to proceed with the trial for the armed burglary. He was placed on conditional release on March 22 - just over six weeks before the botched carjacking that resulted in Sanchez's death.

Judge Wayne Wooten ordered McCray to live with his mother, abide by a curfew from 6pm to 6am and make no contact with the burglary victim or his co-defendants.

A hearing in that case is scheduled for September 27.

Attachments

• 1621371887093.png
    1621371887093.png
    132.2 KB · Views: 108
  • 1621371915752.png
    1621371915752.png
    206.1 KB · Views: 99

bright22

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,529 1,530 730
Alleybux
  • Court records show McCray has an armed burglary case pending against him, stemming from February 2020 arrest
  • He was placed on conditional release in March 2021 after being found unfit to stand trial in that case - six weeks before Sanchez was murdered
Hold these motherfuckers accountable the FIRST time and STOP RELEASING THEM!!!

FunSizeB

A mind opened to everything & attached to nothing
Reaction score
Reactions
76,436 3,086 258
Alleybux
What a low-life asshole. Give him life. Now the child is without a mother. May she RIP

sassygal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,076 788 2,078
Alleybux
Ordered to stay with his mother from 6 to 6.... the same mother who was unable to prevent him from his 1st burglary. Society neede to understand that these grown ass people know exactly what they are doing and need to be held accountable for their actions. If we keep treating them like unaware little infants who don't know right from wrong, good people in society suffer. He needs to be taken off the planet. This must be the people bill gates and them trying to wipe off the plant....give him a covid shot and send his ass on a boat in middle of ocean....little piece of sh!t bastard

Alicia

Wynter Noel and other Swifties are YT.
Reaction score
Reactions
163,832 3,154 1,608
Alleybux
Court records indicate that McCray has another criminal case pending against him in Orange County. It stems from his February 2020 arrest on charges of armed burglary of a dwelling, robbery with a firearm, attempted aggravated battery with a firearm, shooting into a building and aggravated assault with a deadly weapon.

Following a series of psychiatric evaluations, McCray was found unfit to proceed with the trial for the armed burglary.
But he was deemed fit to be released into society? And is still allowed to stay out of jail after literally murdering someone? I hope the victim’s family sues the state.

And I want prison abolitionists to get in here and explain how do you deal with a depraved, dangerous monster like this roaming freely around. Since they think all criminals can be reformed with hand-holding from a therapist. :disdain

Purple Crow

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,225 1,186 814
Alleybux
I hate to hear when a parent is taken away from their children so senselessly. Why was he out anyway? How was he not stable enough to stand charge for his other crime? Now two children dont have a mother.

SnipYoFlap

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
90,112 1,803 1,187
Alleybux
out stealing/carjacking?? and shooting??

i guess he had nothing else better to do.
such a shame and a waste of melanin. opening a book and studying was too difficult for him i guess.

Urbest

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
214,130 11,494 3,304
Alleybux
A waste. I do have to add that fighting over your posessions isn't worth it, a car can be replaced, a life can't. Maybe he still would have killed her anyway. Not victim blaming, just saying. He needs to be locked up for life, IDK if he's 17. He's a degenerate who is destined for a life of crime.

Frescura

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
110,352 5,782 476
Alleybux
I wonder why this demon was declared unfit to stand trial in the armed burglary case and then released? He’s unfit for trial, but obviously he was sound enough to keep being a menace to society. Now, a woman has lost her life, a husband his wife and children their mother.

Readnriot

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,475 545 159
Alleybux
A waste. I do have to add that fighting over your posessions isn't worth it, a car can be replaced, a life can't. Maybe he still would have killed her anyway. Not victim blaming, just saying. He needs to be locked up for life, IDK if he's 17. He's a degenerate who is destined for a life of crime.
That's the thing, which is why armed robberies are terrifying. You have no idea whether the person intends to kill you regardless of your compliance.

So you can either try to escape or fight back and take a chance vs handing the item over and they still kill you for whatever reason.

Tammyblue

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
293,664 8,319 5,501
Alleybux
People tripping and not understand you can’t take things with you, fµck the BMW.

Either way he might have killed her but to know she held on to her BMW keys while she has children. Girl, 1 call and that car would have been found with the alarm system.

This is not victim blaming.

Last edited:

sundaybest

AbundantlyAmazing
Reaction score
Reactions
236,753 11,968 10,194
Alleybux

Carjacker, 17, is charged with murdering Orlando mom-of-two after following her and friend home and shooting her dead in her driveway 'after they refused to hand over keys to BMW'​

View attachment 2563193 View attachment 2563194
  • Ja'Quarius McCray, 17, faces charges of first-degree murder with a gun and attempted first-degree murder for the killing of Roxana Sanchez
  • Sanchez, 36, a married mom-of-two, was shot dead on the morning of May 8 - Mother's Day - during carjacking attempt in her driveway
  • Orange County Sheriff's Office is still searching for McCray's alleged accomplice

This is the 17 year-old boy accused of killing a mom of two during a botched carjacking after she and a friend refused to hand over the keys to the BMW they were in.

Orange County Sheriff's Office on Tuesday tweeted out a short video clip, showing the suspect, identified as Ja'Quarius McCray, being led in handcuffs to a police car.

McCray is facing charges of first-degree murder with a gun and attempted first-degree murder with a gun over the death of 36-year-old Roxana Sanchez in the early hours of May 8.

He was declared unfit for trial for an armed burglary case in March - just six weeks before Sanchez's murder.

McCray and an unidentified accomplice are said to have followed Sanchez and a friend as they drove home in a BMW from a night out, and allegedly boxed them into Sanchez's driveway in Orlando.

Sanchez was shot dead after her friend tried to escape by reversing, and crashed into the carjackers' car.

According to the sheriff's office, the driver panicked and put her the car in reverse, ramming the suspects' car. That prompted the perpetrator standing on Sanchez's side to open fire on her before fleeing.

Sanchez was rushed to a hospital suffering from gunshot wounds and later died.

In a statement, Sanchez's husband Douglas Meijia said: 'My wife was a very caring person. She was my mountain in this relationship.'

Sanchez's sister described her in a GoFundMe campaign as the 'most caring person' and her 'rock and sounding board.'

'They just killed her without thinking leaving two small kids without a loving and caring mother, a husband without the love of his life, sisters without the glue that holds the family together, and the best daughter a parent could have,' the sister stated, referring to Sanchez's attackers.

View attachment 2563199
Surveillance video captured the would-be carjackers' vehicle driving near the crime scene in the 10000 block of Lecon Branch Court in Orlando

Authorities have not revealed what led them to McCray, but they previously said that surveillance video has played a key role in the investigation because it showed the suspects' car.

View attachment 2563201
In February 2020, McCray was arrested in connection with an armed burglary, but he was found unfit to stand trial in March

Following a series of psychiatric evaluations, McCray was found unfit to proceed with the trial for the armed burglary. He was placed on conditional release on March 22 - just over six weeks before the botched carjacking that resulted in Sanchez's death.

Judge Wayne Wooten ordered McCray to live with his mother, abide by a curfew from 6pm to 6am and make no contact with the burglary victim or his co-defendants.

A hearing in that case is scheduled for September 27.

I hope he gets the death penalty. RIP to the mom.

TiaLorenzi

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,623 1,810 1,280
Alleybux
Omg. This pisses me off. These low life women need to abort these kids if they cannot raise them or matter fact, keep their legs closed. Damn.

Bonehilda

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
77,014 4,094 95
Alleybux
I have a fear of running into these dead-eyed teenage degenerates. We had a group of them that were driving into different neighborhoods and apartment complexes to rob people, steal cars and hold up convenience stores at damn near all hours of the night/morning. One shot and injured a nurse at 5am in the morning as she was getting ready to leave for work.

I do wonder what type of broken sh!tty homes are producing these teens.

Hi5Perry

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,476 2,322 678
Alleybux
I see last month his mom asked that he go live with his father in Ocala (1hr away). The court granted it a few weeks ago so I wonder why he was still in Orlando
FL has open records, so you can easily find info on criminals
What does 'unfit to stand trial' mean? Will he be deemed unfit again for this case?
Mental retardation. He had psych evals to determine his level of understanding. They found him incompetent
The title of the article is misleading. It says her friend panicked & put the car in reverse. I wouldn't call that refusing. They were scared because two men with guns walked up to their car in the middle of the night.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,573 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
I hope he gets raped on both ends everyday and never receive peace. He killed this woman for no reason. You don’t have to kill someone during a carjacking. Most people will give up their car. And if they don’t, idk maybe go sit down somewhere and get a job like you should’ve done!

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,573 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
I have a fear of running into these dead-eyed teenage degenerates. We had a group of them that were driving into different neighborhoods and apartment complexes to rob people, steal cars and hold up convenience stores at damn near all hours of the night/morning. One shot and injured a nurse at 5am in the morning as she was getting ready to leave for work.

I do wonder what type of broken sh!tty homes are producing these teens.
I don’t think we can blame this on their parents. They do play a big part but these low life’s acting like this. Is the result of rap music being taken seriously, our culture praising ghettoness/thug life, poverty and having the mindset that other people owe you something instead of going out there and working for what you want.

Last edited:

Sunshine_Vento

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,873 1,858 157
Alleybux
I think we all know this rationally, but sometimes I think about the feeling of having some lowlife deviant approach you and demand your property. There's likely an initial feeling of "WTF??? Who the hell are you to just want what's not yours??!?" and that may be what causes this unfortunate outcome for some people.

And also, who's to say that he wouldn't have shot her anyway. People who do this have several mental screws loose or missing entirely.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,322 11,266 1,506
Alleybux
and y’all be on here crying about teens brains not being fully developed and how they don’t deserve life.

Please.

SunKissWanderer

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
141,505 40,726 695
Alleybux
He could argue stand your ground. The driver did back up into his car.

How is this stand your ground? She and her friend were on her property in the friend's car. Ja'Quarius came on to private property with a weapon. If you want to insert stand your ground into this, you can say the friend was standing her ground when she backed into the car. She saw a gun and used the only weapon (the car) available to protect herself and her friend. But this isn't stand your ground and any half wit attorney would not argue that. It was two goons who were bound to hurt someone and two terrified women who were trying to get away.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,894 21,166 21,868
Alleybux
He should get the death penalty, but he won’t because he’s a minor. My heart goes out to this woman and her family, especially her two children.

By the way, Ja’Quarius looks old as hell for his age.

DivaLasVegas82

Georgia Peach
Reaction score
Reactions
674,894 21,166 21,868
Alleybux
How is this stand your ground? She and her friend were on her property in the friend's car. Ja'Quarius came on to private property with a weapon. If you want to insert stand your ground into this, you can say the friend was standing her ground when she backed into the car. She saw a gun and used the only weapon (the car) available to protect herself and her friend. But this isn't stand your ground and any half wit attorney would not argue that. It was two goons who were bound to hurt someone and two terrified women who were trying to get away.
Some people on LSA with say the most asinine things to defend criminals.