Jermaine Dupri says Bobby Brown is the king of R&B

Reactions
2,342 20 5
Alleybux
All those male artists peaked/ started within the genre of R&B/ soul music. They all made bigger impacts in R&B genre than Bobby Brown ever has. That’s not an assumption but fact. Even today’s R&B singers are trying to emulate MJ/ Prince/ James Brown, Usher. Not Bobby Brown who barely gets cited as an influence. The discussion and co signing JD is goofy as hell. Your point about RKelly should’ve actually gone to Aaron Hall because like I said, Kelly jacked Aaron’s entire sound/ image. That’s who he mimicked..
Back Back Forth and Forth

My point remains!

The Voice and The Face
Reactions
164,906 2,909 4,162
Alleybux
Back Back Forth and Forth

My point remains!
giphy.gif

Bobby’s not king of anything but his own delusions.

Reactions
14,484 105 14
Alleybux
It hasn’t been Bobby’s “title for the longest”..since when? It’s been the longest running joke ever. The facts are, there are other male r&b acts who have been way more successful, influential, and actually had longevity that Bobby did not.This is just a testament that if you repeat something enough times about yourself, fools will actually believe it.
Like @msdeelite said, when Whitney said it( just as a shoutout, ego boost to her husband).. people laughed and mocked her for saying something so stupid. Bobby been calling himself the king of r&b ever since, like Jacques calls himself that..... NEITHER have the qualifications to be the king of r&b. Bobby’s only successful album came out in 1988.. that’s it. He gave himself the title knowing full well other men have done it way better, actually paved the way for him and had way more success than he could ever dream of.

Ok.

Reactions
19,676 122 53
Alleybux
It hasn’t been Bobby’s “title for the longest”..since when? It’s been the longest running joke ever. The facts are, there are other male r&b acts who have been way more successful, influential, and actually had longevity that Bobby did not.This is just a testament that if you repeat something enough times about yourself, fools will actually believe it.
Like @msdeelite said, when Whitney said it( just as a shoutout, ego boost to her husband).. people laughed and mocked her for saying something so stupid. Bobby been calling himself the king of r&b ever since, like Jacques calls himself that..... NEITHER have the qualifications to be the king of r&b. Bobby’s only successful album came out in 1988.. that’s it. He gave himself the title knowing full well other men have done it way better, actually paved the way for him and had way more success than he could ever dream of.
I was a little girl at the time, but I remember that like it was yesterday, b/c it was the moment I was convinced Whitney was on some shit..... I love ha, don't get me wrong, and I am not trying to be funny but I just knew she was no longer sober --- like I couldn't even lie to myself.

The Culture

Celebrity News

Recent Posts

Married at First Sight: Season 12 Atlanta (Watch Thread) - Starts Jan. 13
I’m here for Beth saying Vinnie the Pooh saying needs to chill.
what yull view on Domestic violence between women in same sex relationship?
I made a thread highlighting misogyny as an axis of oppression, which it is. Me not liking misogyny doesn’t mean I like female abusers. I’m...
The Cambridge’s are starting a YouTube channel
I'm not her stalker, her biography writer or a fangirl. I didn't dedicate time monitoring her or this aspect, why I need to know that? Around the...
Aesthetic-y Fashion Girl Thread II
What the hell is this supposed to be!? Y’all really think this is style!? I’m lost That outfit is terrible. It personally bothers me when girls...
Brixana (Briana Monique') Discussion
girl... she is talking about a HAT, about her style... not about her job lmaooo How? From what I’ve observed the girl has a regular 9-5 job, is...
Y'all Celebrating Cinco de Mayo? If so, how?
Chile...I'm down to the Mexicans getting drunk off margaritas and choking on dry-ass corn chips for Gringo de Mayo as I type this.
Boy,2, who was kidnapped from church nursery by woman who drove him 70 miles away is reunited...
Where were the adults that were supposed to be watching the kids? Just from the still shot, it looks like the little boy (I have to remind myself...
The Henry Cavill Appreciation & (Former) Harem Meet-up Thread (Part 6)
I will always side eye this, Taylor Swift is an absolute A+celeb and she keeps it so private with Joe. The fandom will hate even more on her now...
Top Bottom