Quantcast

JFK and JFK Jr. (and anybody else in the Kennedy Family, I Guess)Tea/discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,611 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
Me and some others thought it would be cool to have a thread for these two (well mainly JFK Jr. but I think JFK should be included too) I think there is alot of :coffee: to spill regarding the curse and other stuff.

And if you want to discuss their looks there's that too

tumblr_mwtz8bKNrS1sn5ma8o1_250.gif

May they both RIP
tumblr_n8wd3p6crv1tqjvqao2_r1_400.gif

texaco

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
1,012 44 41
Alleybux
Dude, there are 15 billion books and docs on the subject.

Just do a Google search.

Gather all pertinent information.

Then open a thread requesting us to expound upon your research.

Miss 1990

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
91,132 3,586 309
Alleybux
There are several pretty comprehensive threads on the Kennedy family on LSA. But I love talking about them, so I'm still down, lol.

John Prester

Effete Side Eyes For All
Reaction score
Reactions
15,686 19 32
Alleybux
JFK was a party animal and a druggie from a connected family that was groomed for the presidency. He was the democratic version of George Bush Jr..

U2_860

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
734 16 2
Alleybux
I'm here for this! Idk why, but I love reading about this family. There's a good book filled with JFK Jr. tea called The Day John Died by Christopher Anderson if anyone's interested. According to many of their friends, John and Carolyn were separated at the time of the plane crash. He wanted children and she wasn't ready. Carolyn originally didn't want to go with John to his cousin Rory's wedding, but did so at Rory's request I think. Her sister Lauren came along for moral support because she didn't want to travel alone with John. We all know how that ended now :wilt:...

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,611 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
I'm here for this! Idk why, but I love reading about this family. There's a good book filled with JFK Jr. tea called The Day John Died by Christopher Anderson if anyone's interested. According to many of their friends, John and Carolyn were separated at the time of the plane crash. He wanted children and she wasn't ready. Carolyn originally didn't want to go with John to his cousin Rory's wedding, but did so at Rory's request I think. Her sister Lauren came along for moral support because she didn't want to travel alone with John. We all know how that ended now :wilt:...

I can believe that.John John seemed way more attatched and looked like he was ready for some kids or something. That makes me mad because he could have done better in more way than one. And it was obvious that he loved her alot, from what I saw. And there are alot of talk about her cheating on him.

Since she turned him down the first time he tried asking her out, how genuine in the relationship she was def deserves to be questioned. Makes it believable she did cheat on him and didn't want to be with him anymore.

U2_860

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
734 16 2
Alleybux
I can believe that.John John seemed way more attatched and looked like he was ready for some kids or something. That makes me mad because he could have done better in more way than one. And it was obvious that he loved her alot, from what I saw

Carolyn wasn't ready for the attention that their marriage brought. Paparazzi sat outside their apartment constantly and she was very shy. They were vicious to her. One time she tripped and fell and instead of one helping her up, they continued taking pictures. She couldn't take the scrutiny anymore. George magazine was also going under and there were plans in the works to end it around the time of their deaths. John was upset to see it fail because he didn't want to be seen as a failure, but at the same time he was kind of glad because he was ready to transition into politics. There were talks of him running for NY senate, but Hilary Clinton beat him to the punch. He didn't want to run against her because he knew his chances would be slim...

Ms. Marie

Blessed Beyond The Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
117 1
Alleybux
fµck JFK with his racist ass.

I read and heard different things over the years about JFK and I don't recall anyone every labeling him racist. Your comment has me curious. Do you have some information on him being like that? What did he do? Please share if you don't mind. :coffee:

gelling234

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,517 3,702 293
Alleybux

I read and heard different things over the years about JFK and I don't recall anyone every labeling him racist. Your comment has me curious. Do you have some information on him being like that? What did he do? Please share if you don't mind. :coffee:

I'll just re-post this here.

People don't give JFK enough credit for this but he was also the first Western leader that spoke of Africa as a force to be reckoned with and not as a disparate jungle backwater.

This was a big deal in 60s West Africa
No British PM ever did such a thing

JFK donated portions of his salary to the United Negro College Fund (without fanfare, the information only came out many years after his death)
And every black person that worked with/for JFK from Abraham Bolden (Secret Service) to George Thomas wrote about how kind, considerate and generous he was.
Moreso as a powerful white man to 'coloured folk'

LBJ gets justifiabe credit for Civil Rights, but Kennedy put his presidency on the line by forwarding it to Congress in June 1963 and many Democrats were pissed about it which is why they needed Dallas.
(Democrats were bigger racists that Republicans back then and I understand there are still some sealed files on what Dixiecrats thought of Kennedy because of that bill!!!)

P.S LBJ was known for making racial slurs about blacks all his life and I wonder if the bill would have passed without Kennedy's assassination.

Some people here call even President Obama racist or a sell out so I won't take it seriously

gelling234

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,517 3,702 293
Alleybux
JFK dated Audrey Hepburn while he was a Senator before she became a movie star.

Mary Gallagher and Ted Soresen remembered her visiting him in his office, bringing him lunch and always carrying an umbrella.

In interviews JFK always said Roman Holiday was his favourite movie

And Audrey sang Happy Birthday to him on his last birthday in May 1963

Her son Sean Hepburn Ferrer recently gave an interview talking about his daughter's cover for Harper's Bazzar and he confirmed Audrey still kept some of JFK's letters and the President once visited her in Switzerland.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...n-t-live-girl-looks-startlingly-like-her.html

chocolateTy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
291,296 7,673 6,914
Alleybux

I'll just speak on his dealings with MLK, Jr. He and his brother Bobby classified MLK Jr as a militant because of his work in civil rights, until Malcolm X came along. They were not going to help black people with civil rights issues until it became politically feasible, meaning, when the beating of MLK and those who participated in the March on Selma was televised. Many white people who had either been apathetic or didn't think it was that brutal were calling on JFK to do something. Furthermore, during his tenure, there was a black congressman in Washington (I forgot his name, I'm sorry) who was married. Every congressman's wife was invited to the white house for dinner with the First Lady Jackie, and Jackie had 4 different dinners before inviting her because some of the ladies refused to eat or share a table with a black woman.

My latest point of reference is The Black History of the White House written by Dr. Clarence Lusane. Very in depth look at the history of who occupied the white house. Other references came from studying years ago in college. I don't have a romanticized view of JFK, even though I grew up with my great grandmother having his picture hanging in her house. There are also references of him using the N word. And I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion of him just because I see him in a certain way.

Ms. Marie

Blessed Beyond The Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
117 1
Alleybux
I'll just re-post this here.
People don't give JFK enough credit for this but he was also the first Western leader that spoke of Africa as a force to be reckoned with and not as a disparate jungle backwater.

This was a big deal in 60s West Africa
No British PM ever did such a thing

JFK donated portions of his salary to the United Negro College Fund (without fanfare, the information only came out many years after his death)
And every black person that worked with/for JFK from Abraham Bolden (Secret Service) to George Thomas wrote about how kind, considerate and generous he was.
Moreso as a powerful white man to 'coloured folk'

LBJ gets justifiabe credit for Civil Rights, but Kennedy put his presidency on the line by forwarding it to Congress in June 1963 and many Democrats were pissed about it which is why they needed Dallas.
(Democrats were bigger racists that Republicans back then and I understand there are still some sealed files on what Dixiecrats thought of Kennedy because of that bill!!!)

P.S LBJ was known for making racial slurs about blacks all his life and I wonder if the bill would have passed without Kennedy's assassination.

Some people here call even President Obama racist or a sell out so I won't take it seriously

Thanks for posting this. That's why I was curious about the JFK being racist comment because from what I could gather, JFK was hated for believing that men should be treated equal and his actions backed it up which eventually led to his assassination.

Sometimes though, there are people who have a certain image that they project publicly and then are rumored to be the complete opposite, privately for ex. LBJ. I heard/read the same thing along the lines about LBJ of what you posted, that he was really racist behind the scenes. So, I wondered whether that person heard/read something to the contrary about JFK to call him racist.

raenelle

Happy Dancer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,669 689 23
Alleybux
I finally saw that Kennedy mini-series (with Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes) on Reelz channel. If the movie is indeed going off of truth, Joe Kennedy Sr was something else!!! Buying off voters for Jack in his senate and presidential runs, he even tried to pay Jackie to stay with John when she wanted to leave him after she got wind of his affairs,etc,. Not to mention him cheating early on with actress Gloria Swanson and ultimately swindling her out of her money. Joe was something dirty. In his case, the sins of the father really did befall the children (and so on and so on)

gelling234

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
96,517 3,702 293
Alleybux
I personally think Jackie was never going to leave him

She and her sister Lee were raised to marry power and influence.

Jackie dumped her investment banker fiancee John Husted, to go after then Senator Kennedy like a heat seeking missile.

Her mother Janet, told her to take the assignment to cover Queen Elizabeth's inauguration, to give Jack Kennedy the chance to miss her because she was acting too desperate for him.

Moreover, being a Catholic divorcee in those days was practically blasphemous.

Jackie and her sister Lee, were shunned form a few High Society gatherings after their parents divorced, and she herself said it was emotionally damaging and that was when her lifelong smoking habit kick started.

That's why her sister Lee had her marriage to Michael Canfield annulled rather then be considered a divorced gal in the 60s!

The only way Jackie would have left JFK in the 1950s is if there was another rich man waiting in the wings to marry her, and not look at her as 'damaged goods'
And there were fewer young American guys richer than Jack Kennedy

Ms. Marie

Blessed Beyond The Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
117 1
Alleybux
I'll just speak on his dealings with MLK, Jr. He and his brother Bobby classified MLK Jr as a militant because of his work in civil rights, until Malcolm X came along. They were not going to help black people with civil rights issues until it became politically feasible, meaning, when the beating of MLK and those who participated in the March on Selma was televised. Many white people who had either been apathetic or didn't think it was that brutal were calling on JFK to do something. Furthermore, during his tenure, there was a black congressman in Washington (I forgot his name, I'm sorry) who was married. Every congressman's wife was invited to the white house for dinner with the First Lady Jackie, and Jackie had 4 different dinners before inviting her because some of the ladies refused to eat or share a table with a black woman.

My latest point of reference is The Black History of the White House written by Dr. Clarence Lusane. Very in depth look at the history of who occupied the white house. Other references came from studying years ago in college. I don't have a romanticized view of JFK, even though I grew up with my great grandmother having his picture hanging in her house. There are also references of him using the N word. And I'm not trying to change anyone's opinion of him just because I see him in a certain way.

Okay and thanks for responding. I don't have a romantic view of him either, though I do think he was handsome. I just prefer to look at all angles as much as possible.

Ms. Marie

Blessed Beyond The Blue
Reaction score
Reactions
117 1
Alleybux
I finally saw that Kennedy mini-series (with Greg Kinnear and Katie Holmes) on Reelz channel. If the movie is indeed going off of truth, Joe Kennedy Sr was something else!!! Buying off voters for Jack in his senate and presidential runs, he even tried to pay Jackie to stay with John when she wanted to leave him after she got wind of his affairs,etc,. Not to mention him cheating early on with actress Gloria Swanson and ultimately swindling her out of her money. Joe was something dirty. In his case, the sins of the father really did befall the children (and so on and so on)

I remember years ago watching a story about the Kennedys too and yeah, Joe was something else! I'm not sure if it is the same one that you watched, but what stuck with me was how Joe supposedly went to Jackie and negotiated a deal with her to marry JFK. If that's true, then I wonder how many times she ended up regretting that decision after all of the rumored scandals surrounding him and Marilyn Monroe.

Reaction score
Reactions
13,182 32 15
Alleybux
I'm curious to know more about JFK's sister Rosemary...we don't hear much about her...her father had her lobotomized when she was like 23 because she was "******** and had violent mood swings" which a lot of experts have disputed and its been said that when JFK became president and the feds started asking questions Joe admitted that wasn't the case...the procedure nearly turned her into a damn new vegetable & she had to live in an institution for the rest of her life...He never told his wife he was having the procedure done to their daughter in fact he did it while she was out of town and refused to tell her for a long time where Rosemary was...some people speculated that Joe had the operation done to cover up something else...who knows? They basically all pretended she was dead until Joe died...this family is so fµcked up...here is picture of her...i think she was best looking of the sisters but that ain't saying much cuz the kennedys were all HIT

tumblr_ne2hkgSXAo1qzjaz8o1_500.jpg

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,611 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
I'm curious to know more about JFK's sister Rosemary...we don't hear much about her...her father had her lobotomized when she was like 23 because she was "******** and had violent mood swings" which a lot of experts have disputed and its been said that when JFK became president and the feds started asking questions Joe admitted that wasn't the case...the procedure nearly turned her into a damn new vegetable & she had to live in an institution for the rest of her life...He never told his wife he was having the procedure done to their daughter in fact he did it while she was out of town and refused to tell her for a long time where Rosemary was...some people speculated that Joe had the operation done to cover up something else...who knows? They basically all pretended she was dead until Joe died...this family is so fµcked up...here is picture of her...i think she was best looking of the sisters but that ain't saying much cuz the kennedys were all HIT

I read up on that. that was terrible how they pretended like she didn't exist. Had her go through that procedure and worsened her condition even more and they put her in that home and thats where she was her entire life, she died there in 06 I believe. Been there since before JFK died(or a little while afterwards). That was def messed up.

ValentineGirl81

Mrs Huston
Reaction score
Reactions
104,846 2,384 286
Alleybux

Timothy Shriver just wrote a book and he talks about Rosemary in it. And yes Rosemary shat all over her sisters in the looks department.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822638/JFK-s-nephew-Timothy-Shriver-opens-Kennedys-kept-Rosemary-s-lobotomy-secret-say-just-handful-words-including-no-diet-food.html

Kenyata_1961

Continuing to enjoy retirement.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,749 4,431 738
Alleybux
JFK was a party animal and a druggie from a connected family that was groomed for the presidency. He was the democratic version of George Bush Jr..

Uh no to the underlined.

JFK saved his surviving boat mates when serving in the military on a sinking Pt-109 torpedo boat, and those actions made him a war hero. W. was coked up and throwing up pissy drunk all over the place and he also stayed AWOL when he was supposed to be serving in the military, and God knows JFK was much more intelligent than W. ever was and JFK spoke up on Civil Rights for blacks during the early 60's. Hell, W. was "whatever" on Civil Rights and pretended to be a compassionate conservative, plus dude almost choked to death on a pretzel while in office and he was caught in pictures reading a book upside down (My Pet Goat) during the 9/11 attacks. Not sure if W. was a philander like JFK was, but both had their drugs of choice. JFK was addicted to pain killers due to back issues resulting from the WW2, and he had Addison's disease, and W. Was a drugging it up party boy yell king who loved celebrating with coke and alcohol, plus he loved physically fighting with his daddy AND if that wasn't enough, as a kid he loved taking big firecrackers and inserting them up the rectums of small animals then lighting the fireworks and watching the critters blow UP. E
ven his Maw Barb Sr. said there was something seriously wrong with him when he was doing that as a child going into teen years, which is why she favored Jeb over W. :eyeroll:
Now, Grandpappy Bush and Pappy Joe Kennedy were racist assholes who supported the Nazis--a treasonous act--but since they were WHO they were--rich, white connected males--it was okay for them to be treasonous assholes. SMDH @ "Rich, white, male privilidge."

Kenyata_1961

Continuing to enjoy retirement.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,749 4,431 738
Alleybux
I can believe that.John John seemed way more attatched and looked like he was ready for some kids or something. That makes me mad because he could have done better in more way than one. And it was obvious that he loved her alot, from what I saw. And there are alot of talk about her cheating on him.

Since she turned him down the first time he tried asking her out, how genuine in the relationship she was def deserves to be questioned. Makes it believable she did cheat on him and didn't want to be with him anymore.

Many people said, and it was documented, that while Jr. loved her, Bessette was a bat sh!t crazy, jealous, not so nice, not aware or caring about the world around her, drugging it up party girl who turned into an abuser of JFK jr. which was why they split up, and no she couldn't keep beating his ass and have kids since she was so into herself, her vices and using him as a punching bag. No one in John's circle liked her at all, and neither did the people she worked with when she was a model. Too bad John and actress Daryl Hannah split up because they both were very much in love, loved politics, smart and believed in and loved people and causes and they got along so well that he wanted to marry Hannah and both made each other happy and they almost made it down the isle, but Mom Jackie didn't think Hanna was right for or good enough for her son (Guess seeing him happy with Hannah didn't matter) and she let him KNOW that he needed to dump her ASAP. He was heartbroken, but Jackie was his Mom and he loved her more than life so he listened to her. God, and he went right on out, met then married bridzilla Bessette. They fought like cats and dogs all through their relationship and after marriage and like we all know she used him as a punch bag leaving him bruised, battered, crying and sobbing as pictures and film show, plus many said she didn't like Jackie or his sister Caroline at all. Just UGH @ JFK jr. marrying someone who wasn't "yoked" with him. Sometimes you can't listen to your parents even though they may mean well.

Reaction score
Reactions
13,182 32 15
Alleybux
I read up on that. that was terrible how they pretended like she didn't exist. Had her go through that procedure and worsened her condition even more and they put her in that home and thats where she was her entire life, she died there in 06 I believe. Been there since before JFK died(or a little while afterwards). That was def messed up.
There too much about her story that doesn't add up...first off for someone with they claim was ******** they let her have a lot of freedom...they let her go on trips to Ireland by herself when she was 19 and when Eunice went on a tour of Europe Rosemary was her chaperone...why would you let your mentally challenged daughter be chaperone for her younger sister on a trip a cross Europe? I mean people have speculated that she may have had everything from a learning disability to severe depression...its been ruled out that she was ******** because of the level math she able to do among other things...her mother kept very detailed diaries and her secretary noted that she never made any mention of Rosemary being mentally handicapped or having severe mood swings...so what gives??? I could definitely see her being depressed tho...she kept diaries and and they have letters of her pleading with her father about how she could make him happy with her...he was emotionally abusive to her (and his whole family) but strangely enough she was only one in the family that stayed with him England towards the end of his ambassadorship...i know one of their cousins said that Rosemary would sneak out at night from school and run through the park and her parents were scared she was going to meet men...god forbid she might exhibit the same behavior her brothers did *eye roll* her story is sad but very intriguing as well..

Timothy Shriver just wrote a book and he talks about Rosemary in it. And yes Rosemary shat all over her sisters in the looks department.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ust-handful-words-including-no-diet-food.html

Chile them Kennedys were something else...i don't trust the stuff they say about each other...they say mama Rose used run off to Europe whenever she could and when she was there she was distant and cold which might have been do to the fact that she was hopped on that good stuff :disdain:...they say when she died they found all kinds of prescription for various side eye worthy drugs from way back when...i know she must have been on some strong stuff not to cut her husband for his shadyness...bringing Gloria Swanson up in their house to stay and taking her on vacation with them... a mess...they say she never forgave him for what he did to Rosemary tho and towards the end his life when he had a stroke (i think it was?)... she ignored him...

I always laugh when i hear people go on and on about good looking the Kennedy men were..i mean compared to the Kennedy women sure but to me they were just average looking with exception of JFK jr who i think got his good looks from the Bouvier side...you compare them to good looking men of that era they wouldn't stand chance...Joe Jr was also a Nazi sympathizer just like his daddy...

raenelle

Happy Dancer
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
30,669 689 23
Alleybux

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2822638/JFK-s-nephew-Timothy-Shriver-opens-Kennedys-kept-Rosemary-s-lobotomy-secret-say-just-handful-words-including-no-diet-food.html
Wow, Rosemary was very pretty. I always wondered if Rosemary was lobotomized for some other sinister reason. From the things I've read about her, she was bit of a rebel. Something I think Joe could not stand because it didn't jive with this "image" of his family that he was trying to put out there.

One thing the Kennedy movie didn't cover was Kathleen Kennedy(JFK's sister) death. She also died in a plane crash, just four years after Joe Jr, the eldest Kennedy son. I've read that Rose Kennedy had pretty much disowned her before her death and didn't even go to her funeral.

Choseyylover

Choosey Lover
Reaction score
Reactions
514,611 14,951 3,507
Alleybux
Wow, Rosemary was very pretty. I always wondered if Rosemary was lobotomized for some other sinister reason. From the things I've read about her, she was bit of a rebel. Something I think Joe could not stand because it didn't jive with this "image" of his family that he was trying to put out there.

One thing the Kennedy movie didn't cover was Kathleen Kennedy(JFK's sister) death. She also died in a plane crash, just four years after Joe Jr, the eldest Kennedy son. I've read that Rose Kennedy had pretty much disowned her before her death and didn't even go to her funeral.

heres rose and JFK. seemed normal to me and didn't need what happened to her to happen to her
tumblr_n0iahlWSBZ1t8e8cao1_400.gif

TaraS

Above it all
Reaction score
Reactions
648 30 35
Alleybux

White women might be down with them Kennedy men (as in down below in the river :(). I always thought they were ugly. JFK looked like a horse imo and sickly. JR was a slightly better step up.

TaraS

Above it all
Reaction score
Reactions
648 30 35
Alleybux
I think there are libraries with tea on this family.

What tea? The well known stuff is pretty bad. Like murder (for Teddy) and bought elections (for JFK). Not mention Joe. Is everyone named Joe (Kennedy, Jackson, ect) just evil?

Status
Not open for further replies.