Quantcast

Jhene Aiko - Meaning of Spotless Mind lyrics and video?

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,509 4,980 2,863
Alleybux
I didn't really think it connected to the lyrics of the song really? Or did it?

I guess it is all in how you interpreted it, right? She became all these different people, and he remained the same and still ended up leaving her? Or were they just having fun in the video and there was no meaning?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BaF-pGyKaOg

I liked it nonetheless.

Liliu

The Last Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
100,276 2,047 329
Alleybux
I didn't really think it connected to the lyrics of the song really? Or did it?

I guess it is all in how you interpreted it, right? She became all these different people, and he remained the same and still ended up leaving her? Or were they just having fun in the video and there was no meaning?

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=BaF-pGyKaOg

I liked it nonetheless.

From what I read in the comment are of Youtube its based on the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind". I watched some of it but it was weird as ...hayle for me but let me try to summarize what I watched so apparently there is a medical clinic where you can erase people from your memory. So Clementine (Kate Winslet) erased her boyfriend Jim Carey from her memory and she was this really weird and random character always dying her hair crazy colors really intrusive early on and really random like wanting to go on a picnic in the middle of the night in the freezing cold and she had to do it that night when she thought of the idea not at a planned time. Anyway when he wakes up one day and she doesn't even remember him his devastated then he finds a card at his parent housing informing them that he's been erased from her memory and never speak her name again so he decides to go to the clinic and have her removed from his memory. This process takes 24 hours so during this time periods he's basically caught in a big dream with all of their memories flashing through his brain he wants to stop the process and at some points keep at least one of the memories but he's sedated. Apparently he realises through this process he still loves her but I didn't finish the movie.

Anyway how this relates to Jhene personally she's Pisces so you can draw your own conclusions on her characteristics. I know for one she's very into Buddism. I remember on her tumblr she posted a quote about being a different version of yourself everyday. Basically, I think the whole video is based on this one line "Shame on me for changing no no shame on you for staying same". Also the song begins with "Change is inevitable why hold on to what you have to let go of" And it might be loosely based on her and O'Ryans relationship.
Anyway that's my 2 cents. Hopefully it makes sense I'm all over the place i feel like....

Sade Winfrey

Retired
Reaction score
Reactions
156,509 4,980 2,863
Alleybux
From what I read in the comment are of Youtube its based on the movie "Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless mind". I watched some of it but it was weird as ...hayle for me but let me try to summarize what I watched so apparently there is a medical clinic where you can erase people from your memory. So Clementine (Kate Winslet) erased her boyfriend Jim Carey from her memory and she was this really weird and random character always dying her hair crazy colors really intrusive early on and really random like wanting to go on a picnic in the middle of the night in the freezing cold and she had to do it that night when she thought of the idea not at a planned time. Anyway when he wakes up one day and she doesn't even remember him his devastated then he finds a card at his parent housing informing them that he's been erased from her memory and never speak her name again so he decides to go to the clinic and have her removed from his memory. This process takes 24 hours so during this time periods he's basically caught in a big dream with all of their memories flashing through his brain he wants to stop the process and at some points keep at least one of the memories but he's sedated. Apparently he realises through this process he still loves her but I didn't finish the movie.

Anyway how this relates to Jhene personally she's Pisces so you can draw your own conclusions on her characteristics. I know for one she's very into Buddism. I remember on her tumblr she posted a quote about being a different version of yourself everyday. Basically, I think the whole video is based on this one line "Shame on me for changing no no shame on you for staying same". Also the song begins with "Change is inevitable why hold on to what you have to let go of" And it might be loosely based on her and O'Ryans relationship.
Anyway that's my 2 cents. Hopefully it makes sense I'm all over the place i feel like....

No your last paragraph was where I was going with it, especially those two lyrics you quoted. That's an interesting movie plot she mimiced if that much thought was put into it. When I listened to the lyrics I figured she was talking about o'ryan and then he ends up in the video.

BabyDawl

Ms.Huxtable
Reaction score
Reactions
12,669 155 107
Alleybux
What I got from it was this was Jhene and O'Ryan's way of explaining to Nami that they're not together because people change, not because they don't love each other. I really enjoyed it, Jhene is very talented and never disappoints