• Total voters

Captivatingabw

Say It With A Gif :)
Reaction score
Reactions
76,359 5,283 4,832
Alleybux
3ebd13811aaf1979aa1d0073f9b2b0bc

Joe Exotic, the infamous Tiger King subject who's soon to be portrayed by none other than Nicolas Cage, is still pushing hard for a pardon.

The latest word on the efforts of Exotic's Eric Love-helmed legal team is that the team is set to visit Washington D.C. next week. Per a TMZ report, Love's team will fly to D.C. next Wednesday for what’s described as a "high level" meeting "in connection with" their push for a pardon.

The date, Jan. 6, is said to have been strategically chosen to coincide with the certification of Joe Biden's presidential victory. A former Apprentice host and failed steak salesman, of course, is planning some sort of a rally for that same day and is also rumored to be announcing a string of last-minute pardons.

Exotic's legal team will take a private jet from Texas to D.C. for the trip. According to Thursday's report, the private jet in question will feature a depiction of Exotic's face.

Given that I have yet to hit the 250 word count requirement for this article, let's again mention that Mr. Cage will indeed by portraying Exotic in a forthcoming scripted series. As announced back in May, Cage will play the Tiger King star in a series from Imagine Television Studios and CBS Television Studios. The eight-episode series, per a Variety report at the time, is based on Leif Reigstad's Texas Monthly article "Joe Exotic: A Dark Journey Into the World of a Man Gone Wild."

Joe Exotic's Legal Team Is Flying to D.C. for 'High Level' Meeting About Pardon

So who side you on??

Joe-Exotic-Carole-Baskin.jpg

Should Trump Pardon Joe??

LaBamba

Up in the clouds, me and my sheitel
Reaction score
Reactions
251,233 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
No. Joe is the type of gay man who hates women both because he’s not attracted to them and because he’s mad he’s not one. He fixated on Carol and during one of his many crack (because I know he can’t afford pure blow) binges decided to try and have her murdered over sh!t that didn’t concern him at all. He had never even met the pedophile Don Lewis so why was he so concerned about him being tiger meat anyways? He also abused the fµck outta said tigers and I wish that one woulda bit his arm off instead of poor Saff’s.

Captivatingabw

Reaction score
Reactions
76,359 5,283 4,832
Alleybux
No. Joe is the type of gay man who hates women both because he’s not attracted to them and because he’s mad he’s not one. He fixated on Carol and during one of his many crack (because I know he can’t afford pure blow) binges decided to try and have her murdered over sh!t that didn’t concern him at all. He had never even met the pedophile Don Lewis so why was he so concerned about him being tiger meat anyways? He also abused the fµck outta said tigers and I wish that one woulda bit his arm off instead of poor Saff’s.

TBH i think that both Joe and Carol are criminals!
tm1hc1vk6wq41.jpg

I do think that Carol killed her husband .. All circumstantial.. No body no crime.

tenor.gif

But she is just as guilty of Animal Cruelty as Joe ... with keeping the big cats locked up..

If she wanted to do some real good she would be using the money that she got from her late or missing husbands estate and get the big cats back out into the area they belong in one of the protected Lion Preserves in Africa.

jmo

Mayadeets

Stop policing bw hair
Reaction score
Reactions
77,618 1,376 729
Alleybux
I hate this. I loved that docuseries but he clearly did that sh!t.

Yk how many innocent people are awaiting trial in prison bc they can’t avoid bail? There are so many bw in prison for killing their abusers but this fool is getting a shot a pardon

sunshynen1

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
50,409 662 237
Alleybux
This country is so embarrassing.

January 20, 2021, 12:00pm. It’ll be a long climb back but bring it. I’m sick of this reality show.

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,233 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
tm1hc1vk6wq41.jpg

I do think that Carol killed her husband .. All circumstantial.. No body no crime.

tenor.gif

But she is just as guilty of Animal Cruelty as Joe ... with keeping the big cats locked up..

If she wanted to do some real good she would be using the money that she got from her late or missing husbands estate and get the big cats back out into the area they belong in one of the protected Lion Preserves in Africa.

jmo

Agree to disagree then. If she did kill Don it was justified because he was a life long pedophile; got with the first wife when she was like 14 and he was an adult, then 17 year old Carole when he was middle aged, and in his old age was flying down to Costa Rica and pestering teenaged girls down there. He’d terrorized enough girls and there’s only one way to skin the pedophile cat, no pun intended.

As for the rescue, she’s taking in the messed up offspring bred and sold by Joe, Bhagavan and other for profit “zoo keepers”. Those cats can never be returned to the wild because they no longer have the survival instincts required to survive in their native lands. Those tigers and lions are several generations removed from Africa and India respectively and would not have the instincts necessary to survive there due to being raised in captivity. There also bred with no attention paid to their breeds or where they originally come from, so how can they be reintroduced to their native homes when they’re hybrids who don’t exist in the wild? They also have deficiencies both physical and mental that would make them instant prey for the cats raised in the wild.

Actual zoos don’t take animals from Joe Exotic places for all of those reasons, so rescues like Caroles will be a necessity as long as it’s not illegal to own and domesticate wild foreign animals.

ETA and it says something that Joe and Bhagavan are in federal prison right now on animal abuse charges, but Carole is not. Now, I do believe that she is also a narcissist and the type of person who cares more for animals than people (hence refusing to staff the rescue and instead exploiting kindhearted volunteers), but she’s definitely not in the same basket with Joe and Doc Antle. She learned from her mistakes in becoming a wild cat breeder and is trying to not only atone for them, but prevent others from making those same mistakes. That’s growth.

Last edited:

CleoJo69

Rocking rough & stuff with my afro puffs
Reaction score
Reactions
58,864 1,394 71
Alleybux
tm1hc1vk6wq41.jpg

tenor.gif

jmo
Exactly! Carole was on the CNN NYE show. She's also getting her own show! Why? She's no different than Joe. She might be worse because she has a bunch of fools working for free & having body parts torn off.

StarlessSky

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,854 1,040 531
Alleybux
Agree to disagree then. If she did kill Don it was justified because he was a life long pedophile; got with the first wife when she was like 14 and he was an adult, then 17 year old Carole when he was middle aged, and in his old age was flying down to Costa Rica and pestering teenaged girls down there. He’d terrorized enough girls and there’s only one way to skin the pedophile cat, no pun intended.

I find it interesting that everything we know about Don Lewis, especially what was going on right before his death, came from Carole, which makes me highly suspicious. She can paint any narrative she likes and there’s no one really to dispute it.

Regarding Big Cat Rescue, from what I see on the website it looks like a well organized charity for big cats and they look to be doing descent work. But let’s not forget that Carol at one time was doing what Joe Exotica was doing (maybe not as cruel), but she and her first husband were taking animals out of the wild and using them to make money until she had an epiphany, I guess.

I do think she had something to do with her husband’s disappearance. With all those big cats on the property it wouldn’t be hard to kill someone and eliminate all the evidence.

With regards to Joe Exotic he is right where he belongs. But sadly that’s all the criteria Trump needs to pardon him. It’s unfortunate that the Netflix show was such a hit. And I’m sorry to say I contributed to that nonsense by watching it. Because if it wasn’t such a hit I doubt this guy would have a snowball’s chance in hell at getting pardoned even by Trump.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Reactions
5,297 120 14
Alleybux
He (stupidly) attempted murder and he ABSOLUTELY abused animals.

What about that deserves a pardon or benefit of doubt?!

BABIH

black royalty
Reaction score
Reactions
73,643 2,988 615
Alleybux
I just hope his dumb ass knows they’re going to bill him for that unnecessary ass helicopter ride

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,567 21,354 16,209
Alleybux
I don’t believe he put a hit on Carol, I do believe that guy with the bandanna set him up. But Joe should stay in prison for all the innocent animals he killed and the terrible conditions he had them in.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
The date, Jan. 6, is said to have been strategically chosen to coincide with the certification of Joe Biden's presidential victory. A former Apprentice host and failed steak salesman, of course, is planning some sort of a rally for that same day and is also rumored to be announcing a string of last-minute pardons.

Given that I have yet to hit the 250 word count requirement for this article, let's again mention that Mr. Cage will indeed by portraying Exotic in a forthcoming scripted series.

Joe Exotic's Legal Team Is Flying to D.C. for 'High Level' Meeting About Pardon

These bolded parts of the article had me laughing. The writer it tired of Trump's sh!t, for real. Me too, b!tch. Me too.

Cinnahs

Black and Beautiful
Reaction score
Reactions
239,394 4,931 1,464
Alleybux
Trump has already pardoned convicted murderers so I would not be surprised if Joe is pardoned. He belongs in jail.

AgnesGooch

Cool With You
Reaction score
Reactions
640,793 19,021 12,528
Alleybux
Most of the charges they got him with are trumped up. But he deserves to be in prison for a million other things he's done.

LaBamba

Reaction score
Reactions
251,233 11,118 1,704
Alleybux
I find it interesting that everything we know about Don Lewis, especially what was going on right before his death, came from Carole, which makes me highly suspicious. She can paint any narrative she likes and there’s no one really to dispute it.

That’s largely because few, if any of us knew about this case before TK, and Carole was profiled in the documentary. The ages of both Carole and the first wife, Gladys, when he got with them are irrefutable though, as is the fact that he brought property down in Costa Rica and was going back and forth as demonstrated by flight manifests. Costa Rica is a known area for pedophiles because they have few child xes trafficking laws.

This is an article from 1997 and published online in 2005, 15 years before Tiger King and free of spin one way or the other. Don’s first wife openly mentions that Don was dating women younger than their daughters (Carole herself is younger than all 3 of his girls). When she started getting old and dried up to him in her mid 30s (just like the first wife) that’s when all the sudden it was time to start going to Costa Rica. Also peep that he was the one leading the sale of the cats while she was already leaning towards conservationism. It’s not a coincidence that the same year he disappeared she stopped breeding cats and started focusing on conservation and rescue efforts.

Missing millionaire worries family
Missing millionaire worries family
On the morning millionaire Jack Donald Lewis disappeared, he was wearing a $1 T-shirt from Kmart and blue jeans bought at a yard sale. He left behind an 8-year-old Dodge van with a broken window and a battered grill.

He also left behind Wildlife on Easy Street, the 40-acre sanctuary in northwest Hillsborough County where he lived and kept more than 100 animals, from lions and leopards to llamas and lemurs.

A month ago, authorities found the van, the keys on the floorboard, at a private airport in Pasco County, where Lewis, who has crashed planes in the past, was known to buy aircraft impulsively _ with cash.

Lewis' disappearance has worried his friends and family, knotted his business affairs and mystified law enforcement. Volunteers from his big-cat sanctuary have distributed more than 1,000 missing person fliers. A psychic has visited his house. His wife and his children from another marriage have squared off in court over his money, and the Hillsborough Sheriff's Office has taken a keen interest in his whereabouts. Detectives say that while there are no obvious signs of foul play, it hasn't been ruled out.

On Wednesday, authorities received an unconfirmed report that Lewis, 59, was in Costa Rica, where he owns 200 acres near a volcano. They do not know if someone took him there, if someone killed him, or if he left on his own.

He may have had reason to go.

In June, Lewis told a Hillsborough circuit judge that his wife threatened to kill him, but the judge did not see a danger. That same month he visited a psychiatrist at his wife's urging, but did not return for follow-up visits, she said. He also told her several times he wanted a divorce, but she said he wasn't serious.

"It has been very, very difficult," Carole Lewis said. "It's what you both love and hate about him. I love that free spirit. He could just completely do something way, way out."

He's been his own man all his life, boot-strapping himself from Depression-era childhood to financial success through trucking and real estate. But his latest vocation, Wildlife on Easy Street, may have been bringing on more publicity and financial drain than the modest animal lover wanted.

+ + +

Lewis was born in Dade City to a single mother of three, who sold fresh bread and worked as a seamstress. In high school, he had several jobs, including mechanic and farm hand. He graduated from Pasco High School a year ahead of schedule in 1955. Girls adored him.

"He always seemed to know where he was going," said Gladys Cross, Lewis' first wife.

The couple met at the A&P when Lewis, a bag boy, winked at her.

Two years after their first date, they married. She was 14; he was 17. Eleven months after that, their first daughter was born.

"We were both so poor it was terrible," Gladys Cross said in a deposition last year.

That would change. Lewis started hauling rock and sand in Dade City, then bought five dump trucks. In the early 1960s, he began driving tankers for Texaco and Red Wing Carriers in Tampa. On the side, he bought washing machines, repaired them, and resold them at profit. He invested in used cars, making money at auctions.

His bank account swelled.

"He could step in a pile of cow dung and come out smelling like roses," said Elizabeth Ann McQueen, Lewis' personal business assistant.

He kept hustling as though he was still dirt poor, according to those who knew him. His E Broadway Avenue office was a trailer with newspapers covering the windows. He thought nothing of calling McQueen at 6 a.m. on a Saturday to check the status of a deal.

His next big move was into real estate. Lewis bought bad mortgages from other lenders, then let homeowners remain if they paid him 18-percent interest. If they made six house payments on time, he would sell the home back to them cheap. If not, he foreclosed.

"Most people who dealt with him were desperate," said Alvin Coulter of Brandon, a former business partner. "But they went in with their eyes open. They were adults when they did it."

Wendell Williams, another real estate investor who knows Lewis, added, "I don't want anyone to think Mr. Lewis was not ruthless, because he was."

Regulatory agencies kept after him for housing code and environmental violations. He pleaded no contest in 1994 to dumping trash and burning it on land he owned in Seffner, records show.

"He's got a notorious reputation around here," said Leslie Campbell, enforcement supervisor at the Hillsborough Environmental Protection Commission.

Lewis eventually amassed holdings of some 350 parcels in five Florida counties, held under numerous names and trusts, according to property and court records.

"They didn't want anybody to know about how much money they had," said Sheldon Wind, Lewis' long-time attorney, in a sworn deposition in 1996.

+ + +

The secrecy extended beyond his finances. For the first three years she knew him, Lewis used a different name, and claimed to work for someone named Don Lewis, Carole Lewis said. He didn't want her to love him for his money, she said.

They met on the side of Hillsborough Avenue when she was 19. He saw her from his car as she walked along the road; he pulled over and asked her out.

"I just fell in love with him at first sight," said Carole Lewis, now 36. They carried on an affair with Lewis for years before his divorce she said.

At some point, Gladys knew about that affair and others. She used to pack extra food in his lunch, and she knew it was for his girlfriends; they would leave love notes and lipstick-stained napkins in Lewis' lunch box.

Lewis dated women "younger than our daughters," Gladys Cross said. "I couldn't compete with that."

After 34 years, she asked for a divorce in 1990. That, too, involved secrecy, as the couple went to Sumter County to complete the split. Cross later sued Lewis in 1994 alleging he had hidden the couple's wealth during the divorce, and settled for $148,000.

A year after the divorce, Lewis married Carole Stairs at the Polk County courthouse. She wore a tank top and a $14 wedding band Lewis bought at a pawn shop.

Shortly after they married, the couple started Wildlife on Easy Street, a center for exotic cats set on 40 acres of tall pines, high grass and flowering bushes at the end of a dirt road at their home in Citrus Park.

Today, they care for more than 100 lynx, ocelots, cougars and leopards, as well as otters, lemurs, llamas and horses. They nurse animals such as Nicoma, a lion who drags an injured hind leg, and promise to find the unwanted animals permanent homes.

"A lot of these animals have every reason in the world to hate you more than any other animal," said Al Cochran, a volunteer at the center. "But Don found it in his heart to love them."

Critics say Lewis turned the refuge, which is organized as a Florida not-for-profit corporation, into another business. They say he bought cats cheaply at auctions and then sold them to buyers impressed by the center's non-profit status.

"That was a point of conflict between Don and I," Carole Lewis said. He wanted to sell the animals. She wanted to keep them.

"He would always say that everything had a price."

The refuge's Web site said it lost money last year, and volunteers were organizing a fund-raising golf tournament about the time of Lewis' disappearance.

In 1994 the Lewises were cited for buying leopards without the proper license, and the animals were confiscated. The Lewises sued the state Game and Fresh Water Fish Commission over the move. The case is pending.

In 1996 they were cited when a cougar escaped from a pen.

The commission's Lt. Dennis Parker said things have improved at the refuge.

Lewis also had paperwork problems with the Federal Aviation Administration. Flying without a pilot's license in 1988, he hit some wires while landing at a crop duster's strip near Pensacola during a storm. He failed to get a weather briefing before taking off, according to FAA records.

+ + +

If Lewis left intentionally, he didn't do much planning. His disappearance created a vacuum of power at his business enterprises, and questions about who had authority to act in his absence.

About two weeks ago, according to court records, Carole Lewis entered her husband's office on E Broadway. His children accused her of improperly taking documents, and asked for a court order to keep her away.

Carole Lewis responded with her own accusations, claiming in court documents that McQueen secretly has transferred $435,273.24 to her own name since May, when Don Lewis began traveling to Costa Rica.

McQueen denied taking any money, saying Lewis always kept his assets under different names. "I have done nothing that Mr. Lewis did not instruct me to do," she said.

"There is not a lot of trust there between all parties involved," said Gale Rathbone, Lewis' daughter.

A judge appointed a conservator to safeguard Lewis' estate, valued at more than $4-million, jointly with Carole.

Carole Lewis suggested in court records that her husband's children are angry about being cut out of his will, something he did after Gladys Cross' 1994 lawsuit. The children supported Cross.

"Kids always side with their mother," Carole Lewis said, "even if it means turning on their Dad."

But the couple's own relationship became turbulent over the summer.

On June 12, Don Lewis petitioned for a domestic violence injunction against his wife, saying she had threatened to kill him. A judge found that Lewis was in no danger, and denied the injunction.

According to records, the couple had fought over a pile of junk Lewis had collected at yard sales, his weekend passion. While Lewis was in Costa Rica, his wife paid someone to haul the pile away from the yard. Lewis was furious and sought the injunction.

The fights no longer matter to Carole. Her long blond hair swept up in a cheetah-print hair band, her eyes welling with tears, she said recently she wanted terribly to find Don.

Wildlife volunteers also await his return.

Said Susan Aronoff, a former volunteer, "I would like to think that Don was sitting on a remote island somewhere, laughing at us for being so worried about him."

Again, I don’t think Carole is a good person at all (one of her volunteers JUST had a Saff incident in December, and as a volunteer she’s not eligible for any type of workers comp or medical compensation), but she’s the least evil person amongst predatory exploitative men like Joe, Antle, and Don Lewis.

Birdcalis

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
852 2
Alleybux
Never watched this hillbilly show (n) I wonder if I'm really missing something but just looking at their pictures e9

philly3

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
44,962 554 102
Alleybux
Give it up, Joe!

Trump is focused on overturning the election, beefing with Twitter and pretending to want to give Americans 2k. He ain’t got the time for you.

Captivatingabw

Reaction score
Reactions
76,359 5,283 4,832
Alleybux
Never watched this hillbilly show (n) I wonder if I'm really missing something but just looking at their pictures e9

CHA-LAY

That sh!t was the MOST riveting thing on Netflix.. It was like a trian wreck that you could not stop watching! MAN just hilarious.

But I understand..... my husband was like a no go beside the fact that me and my kids was all on secret inside jokes that we would be CTFU at and he would be all lost!

LOL LMAO..