Quantcast

Jorge Lendeborg Jr. And Tosin Cole To Star In House Party Reboot at New Line Cinema

cokicokiwi27

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,494 5,430 151
Alleybux
1617823193917.png

EXCLUSIVE: Rising stars Jorge Lendeborg Jr. and Tosin Cole are in negotiations to lead New Line’s reimagining of the 1990 cult comedy House Party, produced by The SpringHill Company. Award-winning music video director Calmatic will be directing in his feature debut.

Springhill Company’s LeBron James and Maverick Carter will produce. Reginald Hudlin and Warrington Hudlin will exec produce along with Spencer Beighley and Jamal Henderson for SpringHill. Emmy-nominated Atlanta writing duo Stephen Glover and Jamal Olori wrote the script. New Line executives Richard Brener, Josh Mack and Victoria Palmeri and overseeing for the studio.

The beloved classic House Party follows a high schooler (Christopher “Kid” Reid) sneaking out to his buddy (Christopher “Play” Martin) house party in what turns into a wild night full of antics, music and plenty fo fun. The filmwas a surprise box office hit for New Line in 1990 and is credited with helping catapult hip-hop into the mainstream. The film launched the career of writer/director Reginald Hudlin as well as many young actors including Reid, Christopher “Play” Martin, Tisha Martin-Campbell, Martin Lawrence, A.J. Johnson, Daryl “Chill” Mitchell and Full Force (Paul Anthony, Bowlegged Lou and B-Fine).

The film has a high priority for Springhill Company as the original was a movie James and Carter grew up loving and still holds a special place in their hearts. Not only are James and Carter huge fans but are so many people who have discovered it over the years and New Line sees this as something that has franchise potential just like the original.

Like the original film, New Line and Springhill were looking to find rising stars to put front and center and went through tons of auditions before landing on Lendeborg Jr. and Cole. Execs will now look to find their female counterparts and insiders say expect plenty of fun surprises on the cameo front as well.

While the film was able to show off Reid and Martin’s comedy chops, the film also well known for its impact in the hip-hop world and its iconic dance off scene is still as fun today as it was when hit screens in 1990.

rayaee

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,471 2,518 1,111
Alleybux
Wtf asked for this isht?!!? BET stay playing the OG version & the other 2 constantly. I've never seen that other reboot ever in my life!

DoughGal

Realhotg$rl
Reaction score
Reactions
12,925 357 88
Alleybux
I’m eager to see what they do with this. I hope they dont let us down.

A.L.I.

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
126,774 2,278 784
Alleybux
Sooooo I just read that Jorge left for mental reasons and was replaced by Jacob Lattimore. I thought they were done filming so I was shocked to read this today. I wonder if he quit before production began or if they had to reshoot a lot. Chile.....