Judaism is becoming very appealing to me

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
And here is why

1) There is little emphasis on the afterlife or the “end of times”. It’s about God right here in this moment. Too many Christians place too much emphasis on heaven or Jesus’ return. Not the Jews. They obviously believe in the afterlife and a resurrection of the dead, but it’s not the end-ll-be-all like it is in Christianity.

2) Hell, as we Christians understand it, doesn’t exist. It’s called sheoul. Everyone goes there until you are deemed holy enough to enter God’s presence. No fire and torment (which seems unlike God anyway). Just purifying yourself to enter a holy presence. But again, Jews don’t really emphasize this. It’s not the point.

3) There is a respect for God and his holiness that doesn’t exist in Christianity. The synagogue is a holy place. God’s name is so holy that you can’t even say His real name (YHWH). People are not calling on God and talking to Him like he’s your best friend. Your “personal relationship” with God is demonstrated through your acts.

4) The Bible is INTERPRETED, not taken literally. Judaism, for the last 2000 years, has never taken the Bible literally as many Christians do. This is the reason why the Midrash (continuous Jewish interpretation/opinions/commentary compiled/edited for the last 2000 years) exists. Judaism is not afraid to discuss opinion and interpretation. until recently, this was very rare in Christianity, where the mentality is “this is what you believe and that’s that).

5) Judaism has constantly evolved and is not afraid to adapt! This is a religion that has survived it all and continues to exist, against all odds. Their Holy Temple has been destroyed TWICE (and they were the core of the religion at the time.. the same temple that Jesus visited), which effectively should have destroyed the religion right then and there, but they were able to adapt.

I wish Christianity could take some pointers from Judaism and learn that it is okay to adapt and evolve and still hold on to your faith! Tradition and evolution are not at war with each other!

Kstorm

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,260 690 51
Alleybux
And here is why

1) There is little emphasis on the afterlife or the “end of times”. It’s about God right here in this moment. Too many Christians place too much emphasis on heaven or Jesus’ return. Not the Jews. They obviously believe in the afterlife and a resurrection of the dead, but it’s not the end-ll-be-all like it is in Christianity.

2) Hell, as we Christians understand it, doesn’t exist. It’s called sheoul. Everyone goes there until you are deemed holy enough to enter God’s presence. No fire and torment (which seems unlike God anyway). Just purifying yourself to enter a holy presence. But again, Jews don’t really emphasize this. It’s not the point.

3) There is a respect for God and his holiness that doesn’t exist in Christianity. The synagogue is a holy place. God’s name is so holy that you can’t even say His real name (YHWH). People are not calling on God and talking to Him like he’s your best friend. Your “personal relationship” with God is demonstrated through your acts.

4) The Bible is INTERPRETED, not taken literally. Judaism, for the last 2000 years, has never taken the Bible literally as many Christians do. This is the reason why the Midrash (continuous Jewish interpretation/opinions/commentary compiled/edited for the last 2000 years) exists. Judaism is not afraid to discuss opinion and interpretation. until recently, this was very rare in Christianity, where the mentality is “this is what you believe and that’s that).

5) Judaism has constantly evolved and is not afraid to adapt! This is a religion that has survived it all and continues to exist, against all odds. Their Holy Temple has been destroyed TWICE (and they were the core of the religion at the time.. the same temple that Jesus visited), which effectively should have destroyed the religion right then and there, but they were able to adapt.

I wish Christianity could take some pointers from Judaism and learn that it is okay to adapt and evolve and still hold on to your faith! Tradition and evolution are not at war with each other!

YES! YES to all of that. I’ve been so tempted t concert since I went to a Jewish law school. It’s such a learned religion. There’s so much that I want to say but I’m too lazy to organize my thoughts.!

Fine Villain

*:・゚✧*:・゚LSA's Finest Villain ⋆。°✩
Reaction score
Reactions
52,873 8,552 5,556
Alleybux
Ummmm... So I grew up Jewish and the people that you are referring to are called Reform Jews.
Orthodox Jews take things LITERALLY.
There was a Netflix documentary on an Orthodox community and the abuse that those people endure is tragic and sad. The documentary is called One of Us if you are interested.

Subby

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
7,609 1,214 537
Alleybux
Ummmm... So I grew up Jewish and the people that you are referring to are called Reform Jews.
Orthodox Jews take things LITERALLY.
There was a Netflix documentary on an Orthodox community and the abuse that those people endure is tragic and sad. The documentary is called One of Us if you are interested.
Yes, I’ve heard of that documentary.

But you may be right. Most Jews I have interacted with are either Reform or Conservative Jew

soulbusta

#JesusSaves
Reaction score
Reactions
743 34 18
Alleybux
Judaism is cool but Christianity is the fulfillment of the law. As someone who grew up attending temple and church I gotta say I wish we had more options that combined both.

Sallie Blair

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
449,356 14,182 6,597
Alleybux
Judaism is cool but Christianity is the fulfillment of the law. As someone who grew up attending temple and church I gotta say I wish we had more options that combined both.

Same

I love Jesus, but have not set foot in a church in nearly two decades and definitely walked away from the "Christian" label after Trump. I'd like to find something that's formal and has spiritual rituals that mean something, yet flexible and relevant to today, and is not full of judgement and guilt.

Last edited:

It Girl

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
43,632 1,042 574
Alleybux
I've been fascinated by Judaism since I was a kid, mainly because of their tight knit community (not referring to orthodox) and their traditions.

I can't see myself converting because I just don't have faith (no pun intended) of truly being accepted in the community since I wouldn't be a birthright Jew.

Valhalla

ColdWinter
Reaction score
Reactions
50,494 1,396 422
Alleybux
Judaism is a cool religion to me. They're allowed to drink too. If I marry into any religion it will be Judaism. Reform and Conservative Jews always place an emphasis on curiosity and learning which is unlike other Abrahamic faiths and I find that very cool as well. This is why Jews move up in the world despite the fact that they are disliked. They place an emphasis on unity and education, two things the Ados community lack despite me be being ados myself. I am an atheist btw.

Last edited:

Icantdelete

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
18,857 989 335
Alleybux
I’m pretty sure messianic Judaism is what the early church practiced. The Bible is written by Jews (with the exception of Luke and acts),Yeshua is a Jew and they even called him Rabbi.

the reason there’s even a differentiation between “Christianity” and Judaism is because the majority of the Jews didn’t accept Yeshua as Messiah.

Protestant Christianity is pretty far removed from the early church