Quantcast

Just Started Watching Insecure

Peanut Gallery

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,186 3,531 953
Alleybux
I’m almost done with season 4 and have no idea what I’ll do with myself after season 5.

I can’t believe Donald Trump has watched the series before me.

I can say so much but all I can say is that this damn tv show has healed me.

having grown up in LA i can identify so much with the issues tackled and I love to see my city on the show. I’ve been to that Ethiopian place and some of the shopping centers.

I understand that casual/friendly racism on the job and oh, the dating.

long story short, having watched the series I feel better about myself, I feel like finally someone “gets” it, I feel more adventurous in fashion and dating, I feel more accomplished like yea I’m not where I want to be as far as my career goes but I’m okay with where I’m at and what I have and what I have done, and I feel uplifted. It’s not easy out here at all and to see the exact struggles people like me face has touched me on a different level. Even though it’s fiction, I feel more empowered.

I am more grateful for my circle of friends and look at LA with different eyes and can’t wait to be out and about as soon as things open up so I can enjoy my city again. I had become very jaded and hardened and cynical but Insecure kinda snapped me out of it. Oh and the music is superb.

I’m so glad I discovered the series. I feel like a bad ass b!tch because many parts of my story are on HBO.

popculturegirl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
92,466 6,977 1,627
Alleybux
That's why Issa is so important to the culture, even with just a TV show she's making a difference. Anyone who says she doesn't have skills as a writer and storyteller is just dumb.

threattonature

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
8,279 397 148
Alleybux
That's why Issa is so important to the culture, even with just a TV show she's making a difference. Anyone who says she doesn't have skills as a writer and storyteller is just dumb.
I definitely think when she's expanded outside of the Insecure circle she has been weak with the writing. But with Insecure she perfectly nailed that sh!t. I love shows where characters and situations are written with lots of shades of gray. Insecure has promoted some great conversations between men and women IMO based on things she's shown on the show as well as putting up a mirror on misunderstandings that could be cleared up between men and women with just some communication.

I haven't given up on her yet in regards to writing other stuff and part of it may be saltiness that she's ending the show when she's done such great world building with Insecure.

CoolWhipBish

"Gotta always top everything"-Emotivist
Reaction score
Reactions
200,180 4,015 169
Alleybux
I love the show. I can't wait for the new season. It really is a "me" show. Ive watched the series over and over again.

News Alley

The Lounge

General Alley

Top Bottom