Did I miss anything?

Last edited:

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
Oh wow! I just hope all the amazing team members that worked for the great candidates who dropped out, join Biden’s team and put forward specific plans

BronxMommy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,926 841 341
Alleybux
Oh wow! I just hope all the amazing team members that worked for the great candidates who dropped out, join Biden’s team and put forward specific plans
I think they will use their leverage to get their plans through, which makes sense.

seleishere

'I'm sure we're taller in another dimension'
Reaction score
Reactions
82,027 1,421 566
Alleybux
I think they will use their leverage to get their plans through, which makes sense.
Well it needs to start now during this campaign and go heavy. Have him incorporate their brilliant ideas within his policies to make them better and find a way for him to understand them enough in a simplified way so he can present them with a punch.

Lilly Ghalichi

Ничего не страшно
Reaction score
Reactions
294,664 13,168 8,519
Alleybux
The DNC
It's rigged
It doesn't matter
She was a prosecutor that put people in jail
She isn't Black
She has a white husband.
She's pandering for a position
She isn't a real AKA

Did I miss anything?
She loves illegals
She grows her own virgin [half] indian hair
Her mama is Indian
She only wants to be president to hurt ados and help Mexicans

Brother Mouzone

We don’t run from where we come from
Reaction score
Reactions
358,908 10,150 3,000
Alleybux
What has been apparent this weekend is that Biden has really powerful surrogates on the campaign trail.

Amy was in Michigan yesterday.

Sen Harris will be in Detroit Monday.

AmethystHeart

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
50,611 3,063 4,214
Alleybux
I don’t know if I believe this is all about the DNC trying to rig the election.

Bernie has never wanted to be a member of the party and has been trying to hijack the Dem infrastructure and label just to run for President. Why would any tried and true Democrat pol go for that?

I also think Bernie is just not electable.and they see that. His followers are obnoxious, offensive and righteous. They are just not going to reach people much beyond their core.

Where the left wing messed up is in putting all their organizing prowess behind Bernie. If they were smart they would have lined up behind Warren and helped her bring more class analysis to her platform.

Lalitaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,175 850 231
Alleybux
Interesting. So she endorsed the same candidate she attacked for being pro segregation. Sold her soul to the devil I see.

Good luck!

TalkOfNuYork

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
694,022 35,105 4,760
Alleybux
Let me help Bernies people save some keystrokes

The DNC
It's rigged
It doesn't matter
She isn't Black
She has a white husband.
She isn't a real AKA

Did I miss anything?

Some fonts refuse to admit it but Biden is the only one that can beat Trump. Americans are not ready to go from the sh!t show that is the Trump administration to Bernie and his progressive policies. Biden would be the safe transition back to normalcy and that's what the electoral college will go for. The wealthy in this country are terrified of Bernie Sanders and what he would mean for their money, I really don't see it for him.

Lalitaa

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
16,175 850 231
Alleybux
lmao

Yall havent switched to “dont vote at all thatll show em!” yet? Because the primary is finished fam :joy::joy::joy:

The primary ain't finished, FAM.

We have a long way to go, I hope for your sake, if Biden is the nominee, he doesn't get shredded by Trump on the debate stage. Your Kang forgot the name of the president he served with and to top it all of he had the audacity to forget the name of the creator himself. Continue stanning Jim Crow Joe. BuhBye!

Avdol

Magician's Red
Reaction score
Reactions
549 2
Alleybux
OP gets really excited when he hears two "lock up the blacks and throw away the key" candidates are working together. Suspiciously excited, one might observe.

Biden and Harris need a reckoning, not rebranding, on criminal justice

"The last time Biden ran for president, in 2008, his campaign website boasted of his support for the 1994 crime law and did indeed brand it the "Biden Crime Law." In 2016, he touted his work drafting the bill and claimed that "by and large what it really did [was] it restored American cities." And during the Wednesday debate, the Biden campaign tweeted a partial defense of the legislation which conveniently neglected to mention its many, many provisions that are rightly unpopular today.

Biden "was really pivotal in leading the Senate in worsening all of the provisions of" the 1994 law, "which expanded the death penalty and created new mandatory minimum sentences," Princeton political scientist Naomi Murakawa explained to the Marshall Project in a 2015 interview. "Biden was truly a leader and worked very closely and very happily with conservative senators just to bid up and up and up," she added, explaining how he led the way to "really deeply disturbing, dangerous reforms that have made the criminal justice system more lethal and just bigger." His 2020 criminal justice agenda is a big improvement over positions past, but many criminal justice reformers are understandably unimpressed if not unconvinced.

Then there's Harris, who came prepared for a fight with Biden and instead found herself skewered by Gabbard in perhaps the most notable moment of the night.

Gabbard ended a brief rebuttal statement with a demand that Harris apologize to "the people who suffered under [her] reign as prosecutor." That's exactly what Harris has been unwilling to do. "She says all the right things  —  frankly, all the right platitudes  —  about criminal justice reform," Robert Weisberg of Stanford Law School told The California Sunday Magazine. "But she tends to lead from behind and wait until she sees the conventional wisdom solidifying."

Harris' position is admittedly difficult as a matter of political strategy. As I've written in a previous examination of her record as a prosecutor, explicitly repudiating her old policies risks undermining the political value of years of public office, and publicly proclaiming one's own past failure of ethics, conviction, or judgment is never pleasant.

But for Biden and Harris alike, the repudiation matters. It's not enough to do the usual "it was a long time ago; times have changed and so have I" song and dance on criminal justice. If that's the approach these two are determined to take — well, then Biden does seem, as former HUD Secretary Julian Castro charged Wednesday, to have "flip-flopped on these things" when it became politically convenient to do so. And it means Harris, as her critics have said, is a cop: "someone who will always defer to authority and the status quo, someone who is unaccountable and not to be trusted.""

Shiiiiet

Kayla, Michelle, Tinasha, Miriam, Sandra, Marielle
Reaction score
Reactions
142,946 5,552 5,393
Alleybux
Let me help Bernies people save some keystrokes

The DNC
It's rigged
It doesn't matter
She isn't Black
She has a white husband.
She isn't a real AKA

Did I miss anything?
What is your point? Instead of attacking African Americans for not slobbering over Obama 2.0,read the news. African Americans brought biden back. The debates ended her run and she's looking for the v.p. spot. Keep the xenophobia alive though.

two words

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
74,883 1,078 579
Alleybux
Some fonts refuse to admit it but Biden is the only one that can beat Trump. Americans are not ready to go from the sh!t show that is the Trump administration to Bernie and his progressive policies. Biden would be the safe transition back to normalcy and that's what the electoral college will go for. The wealthy in this country are terrified of Bernie Sanders and what he would mean for their money, I really don't see it for him.

i voted for sanders, but i agree!

Ernada

High IQ-ER KO's Kangaroo
Reaction score
Reactions
237,437 21,162 10,193
Alleybux
I don’t know if I believe this is all about the DNC trying to rig the election.

Bernie has never wanted to be a member of the party and has been trying to hijack the Dem infrastructure and label just to run for President. Why would any tried and true Democrat pol go for that?

I also think Bernie is just not electable.and they see that. His followers are obnoxious, offensive and righteous. They are just not going to reach people much beyond their core.

Where the left wing messed up is in putting all their organizing prowess behind Bernie. If they were smart they would have lined up behind Warren and helped her bring more class analysis to her platform.

Bernie ran as an independent for years and was an independent in the senate for years. He was an outsider who did not forge ties with his fellow senators on the democratic or republican side, has the other independent even endorsed bernie yet?

Bernie is trying the Trump method, but that won't work. Trump ran off the coattails of John McCain aka the "maverick" senator who had been running for president for 9 years straight and built out a massive infrastructure who all just switched to the "other outsider" in Trump. The Democrats have not in recent history had any candidate comparable to Sanders run for president or come close to winning a primary.

We all agree Biden and Clinton aren't exactly the best the party has to offer, but if Bernie loses to both of them, I'm having serious doubts of how is it that he would beat Trump?

I can't blame the progressives for backing Bernie, up until SC he was leading the polls in Super Tuesday because moderates were splitting the votes. He had basically won every state up until SC.

Even looking at this week ahead. Bernie has a bunch of rallies in Michigan; and ND caucaus, Idaho and Washington states are all favourable to Bernie 2 being western states and the 1st being a caucaus. Michigan is do or die for Bernie, he needs to mid west to get a contested convention at best.

I actually would expect Bernie to win 4 of the 6 states this week.

EvanReece

In These Streetz
Reaction score
Reactions
112,096 2,814 881
Alleybux
Guess there was no more money to be made off those "That little girl was me" t-shirts she began peddling the same night she dragged Biden by his hair plugs over busing and his history of sympathy for segregationists.

NTgq9pv.png

I don't see how this moves the needle of the primary though. I doubt most supporters of Kamala were torn between Sanders, Gabbard and Biden. This is more about her own potential come-up if Biden secures the nomination.

Last edited:

inasundress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,792 6,801 5,311
Alleybux
Guess there was no more money to be made off those "That little girl was me" t-shirts she began peddling the same night she dragged Biden by his hair plugs over busing and his history of sympathy for segregationists.

NTgq9pv.png

I don't see how this moves the needle of the primary though. I doubt most supporters of Kamala were torn between Sanders, Gabbard and Biden. This is more about her own potential come-up if Biden secures the nomination.
Duh. I believe thats called “politics.”

EvanReece

In These Streetz
Reaction score
Reactions
112,096 2,814 881
Alleybux

Even as someone who voted for Sanders in the 2016 and 2020 primary, I agree with most of your points.

However, if it turns out that Biden is the nominee then his campaign and the DNC will have to make a concerted effort to reach out to Sanders' supporters because his base is not enough to beat the Republican party.

Also, Biden's voting history and propensity to fabricate events/facts about his life are low-hanging fruit for Trump's re-election campaign to take shots at. People deflecting by calling him a "gaffe machine" or those who bring up his childhood stutter are doing him a disservice ahead of the presidential election because Republicans will show no mercy and he'll have to explain and/or apologize.

This is not to say that Sanders' campaign would not also have to fight for collective Dem support, but Biden winning the nomination is more likely at this point.

inasundress

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
155,792 6,801 5,311
Alleybux
Even as someone who voted for Sanders in the 2016 and 2020 primary, I agree with most of your points.

However, if it turns out that Biden is the nominee then his campaign and the DNC will have to make a concerted effort to reach out to Sanders' supporters because his base is not enough to beat the Republican party.

Also, Biden's voting history and propensity to fabricate events/facts about his life are low-hanging fruit for Trump's re-election campaign to take shots at. People deflecting by calling him a "gaffe machine" or those who bring up his childhood stutter are doing him a disservice ahead of the presidential election because Republicans will show no mercy and he'll have to explain and/or apologize.

This is not to say that Sanders' campaign would not also have to fight for collective Dem support, but Biden winning the nomination is more likely at this point.

The person whos winning has a smaller base than the person whos losing... make it make sense

EvanReece

In These Streetz
Reaction score
Reactions
112,096 2,814 881
Alleybux
Duh. I believe thats called “politics.”
Ha. That wasn't my hot take or something. It was moreso in response to people acting like Harris' endorsement is a game-changer when - IMO - all it does is make her look even more suspect in certain areas.
I understand that this is the game of US politics in 2020, but I don't have to like it.