Quantcast

Katie Couric EVISCERATES Diane Sawyer In Her New Book

Finewine93

Founder of RiHive Inc., LLC.
Reaction score
Reactions
47,575 1,616 1,232
Alleybux
Wow. I love morning TV news tea, but I'll have to bypass this book. Never knew she was actually a nasty piece of work.

I'm dying to watch that Apple TV show but I don't subscribe. Anybody know another streaming service for it?
It's only on Apple Tv as it is an Apple TV original show

killafish

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
36,468 5,067 2,253
Alleybux
I always love how the perky morning show people always get in to so much drama. I think it's because the jobs are so easy and yet pay so much, so people have to protect their turf.

SolanaMa57

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
881 125 5
Alleybux
I always love how the perky morning show people always get in to so much drama. I think it's because the jobs are so easy and yet pay so much, so people have to protect their turf
Yasss someone blow this up when Barbaras 90 year old butt gets in HERRREEEEEEE.

gagirl01

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
177,460 11,366 2,132
Alleybux
I’m kind of surprised what a bitter, snarky person Katie is.
Really? I always thought she came across as a big fake with that perky, goodie two shoes act. She’s the girl who wasn’t popular in high school and thinks she’s hot sh!t now that she made it big. She wishes she was as good as Diane Sawyer. Katie has always been a b!tch.

S/n: I loved when she touched Beyoncé’s belly and she pushed her hand away. Lmao And then this crazy b!tch didn’t stop…..

ConstantBoldDugong-size_restricted.gif

Josie248

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
31,752 366 28
Alleybux
Really? I always thought she came across as a big fake with that perky, goodie two shoes act. She’s the girl who wasn’t popular in high school and thinks she’s hot sh!t now that she made it big. She wishes she was as good as Diane Sawyer. Katie has always been a b!tch.

S/n: I loved when she touched Beyoncé’s belly and she pushed her hand away. Lmao And then this crazy b!tch didn’t stop…..

ConstantBoldDugong-size_restricted.gif

I knew she wasn’t that goody two shoes because who really is? I guess what I should’ve said or posted about with more clarity is I’m surprised a woman with so many resources is carrying so much bitterness, airing it all and burning bridges. She should get some therapy, set some examples, use all those millions for good.

I’ve always thought she had more of a deeper friendship with Matt than spoken about because when Katie’s husband died, Matt was really shaken up about it on air.

That moment with Beyoncé! I’ve never seen it! I remember her being condescending with Britney despite Britney’s kindness toward her daughter.

Livetolearn

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
38,148 492 179
Alleybux
So does she explain why she had Dinner with Jeffrey Epstein after he was done with his Florida "punishment"?

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,133 9,154 877
Alleybux
I’m kind of surprised what a bitter, snarky person Katie is.

Nothing wrong with a little healthy competition. but Katie seems bitter and kind of a biatch.

Katie Couric does not come off likeable at all. But neither does Diane, love a good white on white crime.

Really? I always thought she came across as a big fake with that perky, goodie two shoes act.
That was definitely the image that came across when she came up was on the Today show. If I recall correctly, that was partially why her move to anchor the evening nationwide news had people scratching their heads.

I read another article that indicated that she may have burned her bridges on TV with that book:

Katie Couric Will ‘Never Get A Job’ On A Network After ‘Going There’ Memoir Leak, Source Says

Katie Couric’s upcoming memoir, Going There, is already getting some people stirred up ahead of the book’s October 26 release date. One outlet, which claims to have gotten access to the 500-page manuscript of the book, talked to sources who say the longtime anchor will “never get a job” with another television network or cable channel again.

Katie Couric Memoir Stirring Up Trouble​

In her upcoming memoir Going There, Katie Couric apparently does go there. According to a report from the Daily Mail, which claims to have gotten its hands on the book before the October 26 release date, Couric doesn’t hold back her honest opinion on the people she met during her long and storied journalistic career.

Reportedly, Couric wrote that Deborah Norville, whom she replaced on Today in 1991 had a “major relatability problem” with viewers thanks to her “relentless perfection.” After meeting Prince Harry at a polo match in Brazil, Couric allegedly recalled that the smell of alcohol and cigarettes seemed to “ooze from every pore.” It wasn’t just the people who Couric knew professionally that received the honest treatment.

Of her relationship with ex-boyfriend Brooks Perlin, who was 17 years younger than Couric, the seasoned anchor admitted it was a result of a “mid-life crisis.” Another ex, tv producer Tom Werner, was described by Couric as a “textbook narcissist” who dumped her via email after “love bombing” her with multiple gifts.

Sources Already Grumbling​

Naturally, with bold opinions like that, some people are already up in arms about the memoir. One anonymous source insisted to the Daily Mail that Couric “never get a job at any television network or cable channel ever again because she attacks everyone.” They added, “She’ll be stuck with her newsletter and Instagram Stories for the rest of her working life even though the book oozes of her desperation to be back on network television hosting her own show.”

Another alleged source spitefully suggested the book change its title to “Burned Bridges by Catty Couric.” Despite these nasty jabs, a spokesperson for the publishing company behind the book, Little, Brown and Company, told the New York Post, “We’re excited for people to read Katie’s book, which is heartfelt, hilarious, and very honest. Readers will get the complete story from Katie herself about her incredible life and career.”

Looks like all publicity is good publicity, even if the book already has some critics. The book is still unreleased, so we’ll only know what’s really in the book after it’s officially published. We can’t wait to see what Couric reveals about her fascinating life.

----

I hope she has made enough FU money. :disdain

ETA: That Tom Werner was one of the producers of The Cosby Show and the original Roseanne show.

Reaction score
Reactions
5,372 270 134
Alleybux
I'm loving the messiness of this book. I hate that "bla bla and we all loved each other" crap when it's blatantly not true.

The Friends cast really did like it each other and Aniston and Cox still hang out. No problem with that. Just hate the lies when it isn't true.

wrenbaker

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
40,742 1,510 325
Alleybux
Uggh almost every well know journalist from that time on NBC seems to be insufferable with huge egos. Bryant Gumbel, Katie, Matt Lauer. I hope Al Roker never had any bad stuff come up on him. I’ve always liked him.

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,133 9,154 877
Alleybux
Uggh almost every well know journalist from that time on NBC seems to be insufferable with huge egos. Bryant Gumbel, Katie, Matt Lauer. I hope Al Roker never had any bad stuff come up on him. I’ve always like him.
I haven't watched Bryant Gumbel in decades, but I remember when he was co-anchoring with Jane Pauley (before Jane Pauley was replaced by the younger, blonder Deborah Norville). He's been known for being smug.

I remember Al Roker back when he was on Live at Five on the local news on WNBC. I'd be disappointed and surprised if he were anything but down-to-earth.

Never forget he gave us these moments when going toe to toe with Billy Bush:

roker.jpg

AchingGrimBaleenwhale-size_restricted.gif

roker-stir-cup.gif

strawberryanise

Not Quilty!
Reaction score
Reactions
252,133 9,154 877
Alleybux
Uggh almost every well know journalist from that time on NBC seems to be insufferable with huge egos. Bryant Gumbel, Katie, Matt Lauer.
It might take decades, but if Ann Curry were ever to release HER side of the story, Matt L. and the rest of them ought to be shook!

BLURRED NIPS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
64,138 1,173 666
Alleybux
Katie might have taken the wrong track with this book, because she also talked about being cold to Ashleigh Banfield and wrote a lie about her dad, which allowed Ashleigh to get off this piece of gold:

Oh wow. Sounds like back in the day they were just like this fictional warring twosome from Apple TV’s The Morning Show. Lol

sub-buzz-2863-1576162896-2.jpg

cdree

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
15,797 307 58
Alleybux
It might take decades, but if Ann Curry were ever to release HER side of the story, Matt L. and the rest of them ought to be shook!
And I couldn't guzzle that tea fast enough! Ann is/was my girl. They did her so dirty and she was never vindictive or anything.

FlySoFly

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
58,675 812 166
Alleybux
Never liked her. Not surprised that she turned out to be an even bigger beeyatch, than I originally thought.

Leogirl817

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,276 1,124 404
Alleybux
I honestly thought they were the same person until last year when Diane S. was getting cancelled on social media for her Britney and Whitney interviews
They might as well be the same motherfµck!ng people. Although, I do think Diane Sawyer is nastier, or at least she's not very subtle about it.

Im Fine

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
28,587 579 73
Alleybux
Katie sounds like a whiny loser here. TV journalism just seems like a cutthroat business and the women got to really slice and dice, especially in the past.

It's like the really boring, flavorless maehyo version of Tyra whining about Naomi to Naomi. Which only made Naomi look even more like THE Supermodel Supreme.

tumblr_m3iekcjElo1r60i5mo1_500.jpg

Last edited:

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
Katie might have taken the wrong track with this book, because she also talked about being cold to Ashleigh Banfield and wrote a lie about her dad, which allowed Ashleigh to get off this piece of gold:

Katie seems to be the common denominator