Quantcast

Keisha Lance Bottoms, what's going on?

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
I'm from Georgia, but not too far from Atlanta. Some of my friends and family that live in the city are not satisfied with what she's done. I know felicia moore is challenging her seat.

For my Atliens and transplants that live in the city, how do you feel about your mayor?
What's going on and is there much she can do?

Mavis Gary

Young Adult
Reaction score
Reactions
69,360 1,698 714
Alleybux
I was never a big fan. But it’s not like things are drastically worse or drastically better, and I do like her more than kasims crooked self. However it does bother me that the police force does not feel supported under her leadership.

as far as COVID I think she did what she could since state law superseded local law...

cocoGODDESS

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,234 306 413
Alleybux
Keisha doesn’t do sh!t.

One of my biggest gripe with her is this deep affiliation with killer Mike and TI as if they are spokespersons for Atlanta. They ain’t. They do not speak for me at all and I’ma true peach, born and raised.

If she wants to start doing something for me, fix all these gattdamn potholes!

NinaStarks

issa
Reaction score
Reactions
168,190 7,431 1,991
Alleybux
There are areas that need a serious makeover! There is no reason for a city with so much money and power to have areas that look like the slums.

There is a serious homeless issue in Atlanta. No one talks about it but there are a lot of homeless people.

Pot holes.. goddammit fix the roads. The roads are horrible.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
She's left the city open for every outsider to move into, and she's done nothing about the overbuilding/gentrification that is causing housing costs to rise, and it's forcing some native people out of their communities. She has done nothing about this.

Then there's the changing culture in Atlanta that has become more gangster and more thuggish, and Bottoms has embraced this image by aligning herself with some of the most idiotic rappers and celebrities. Atlanta could do better.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
There are areas that need a serious makeover! There is no reason for a city with so much money and power to have areas that look like the slums.

There is a serious homeless issue in Atlanta. No one talks about it but there are a lot of homeless people.

Well, we could fix the potholes, but within a year the holes will simply reappear. Why? Because of the heavy traffic that is now on our roads everyday. Keeping roads and streets fixed is a full time job.

Aunt Jackie

Serving up loose meat sandwiches
Reaction score
Reactions
153,449 6,252 4,148
Alleybux
The homeless issue is decades old and has been discussed ad nauseam. When they prepped for the Olympics 25 years ago, they gave many a one-way ticket out of town. I remember visiting my older cousins and siblings at school when I was a kid and being surprised at how bad it was. This was in the late 90s/early00s.

NinaStarks

issa
Reaction score
Reactions
168,190 7,431 1,991
Alleybux
The homeless issue is decades old and has been discussed ad nauseam. When they prepped for the Olympics 25 years ago, they gave many a one-way ticket out of town. I remember visiting my older cousins and siblings at school when I was a kid and being surprised at how bad it was. This was in the late 90s/early00s.
The fact that it's been discussed for DECADES ad nauseam with no solution is even worse.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux

Homelessness is not an Atlanta problem, it is an American problem, and there really isn't a solution to it. Homeless people are mentally ill and they refuse treatment most of the time. There are many programs available to help these people, but if they choose not to accept any help, there's really nothing the city can do.

GotSomethingToSay

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
133,693 9,034 5,302
Alleybux
She's for the perks but not the people.

And had the nerve to say she was being vetted for VP...I doubt that.

And turned down an Ambassador position...why? Not enough perks for her and she's not about actual national/international affairs for the country. She is about herself. That job would require real work.

Aunt Jackie

Serving up loose meat sandwiches
Reaction score
Reactions
153,449 6,252 4,148
Alleybux
And the homeless in Atlanta have been more visible than many other larger cities. It's been noted for years by visitors who come from bigger metro areas. Homeless visibility has increased across metro areas since the 2008 recession but it was always noticeable in the A.
Homelessness is not an Atlanta problem, it is an American problem, and there really isn't a solution to it. Homeless people are mentally ill and they refuse treatment most of the time. There are many programs available to help these people, but if they choose not to accept any help, there's really nothing the city can do.

diditonthem

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
410,583 14,824 5,727
Alleybux
She's left the city open for every outsider to move into, and she's done nothing about the overbuilding/gentrification that is causing housing costs to rise, and it's forcing some native people out of their communities. She has done nothing about this.

Then there's the changing culture in Atlanta that has become more gangster and more thuggish, and Bottoms has embraced this image by aligning herself with some of the most idiotic rappers and celebrities. Atlanta could do better.

i mean those problems did not start w/her in the least.

diditonthem

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
410,583 14,824 5,727
Alleybux
She's for the perks but not the people.

And had the nerve to say she was being vetted for VP...I doubt that.

And turned down an Ambassador position...why? Not enough perks for her and she's not about actual national/international affairs for the country. She is about herself. That job would require real work.

Ambassador jobs are not real work at all.
They're usually given as "thank you for supporting me" jobs. Any idiot can get one really.

Zero EFFs

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
3,155 67 82
Alleybux
I was born and raised in Atlanta although I live in the suburbs now. The crime issue has always been a problem even before Keisha. I’ve always said if you want to commit a crime, go to Atlanta because the police won’t do sh!t and this was even before she became mayor. I remember being a victim of a hit and run one time at a park and when I called the police he couldn’t even take my statement because he was so busy trying to holler at some big booty chic. I was mad af and needless to say, the police never followed up. I know mothers who’ve filed for child support in Atlanta years ago and have given ssn, address, work info, everything and the police still won’t serve the fathers. Imagine all of the murder cases that go cold because the police just don’t do their jobs, and like I said, this has been going on before Keisha. I will say the crime has gotten a whole lot worse with all of the transplants moving in but I just feel like there’s nothing that will be done about it no matter who is mayor. The potholes have been a problem since before Keisha was born. The whole COVID thing was fµcked up because she really tried to do something but Kemp went against everything she tried to do then sued her in the process. It was like when your mom tells you no then your dad says yes.

21andover

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,965 4,044 1,603
Alleybux

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
And the homeless in Atlanta have been more visible than many other larger cities. It's been noted for years by visitors who come from bigger metro areas. Homeless visibility has increased across metro areas since the 2008 recession but it was always noticeable in the A.

Go to cities in California or New Jersey, and the homeless problem is worse in those places than Atlanta. The homeless problem in Atlanta is not good, but I don't think it's any better or worse than some other American cities.

i mean those problems did not start w/her in the least.

You're right. It didn't start with her, but she's doing nothing to stop it either. Atlanta needs change, and it needs someone who will do things differently, and not continue with the same old failed policies.

Reaction score
Reactions
2,236 84 16
Alleybux
Well, we could fix the potholes, but within a year the holes will simply reappear. Why? Because of the heavy traffic that is now on our roads everyday. Keeping roads and streets fixed is a full time job.

Is this a joke? What do you think your tax dollars are for?

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,168 7,433 1,115
Alleybux

It has been that way for years even before she came into office . The city of Atlanta has just been pushing and sweeping it underneath the rug.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,168 7,433 1,115
Alleybux
Go to cities in California or New Jersey, and the homeless problem is worse in those places than Atlanta. The homeless problem in Atlanta is not good, but I don't think it's any better or worse than some other American cities.

You're right. It didn't start with her, but she's doing nothing to stop it either. Atlanta needs change, and it needs someone who will do things differently, and not continue with the same old failed policies.

I been to California . Atlanta is not California or any other northern city . This should not be occurring in the south in abundance. I am seeing it even in places like North Carolina.

tt00

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
158,168 7,433 1,115
Alleybux

Do you talk to some of these homeless people because not all of them are mentally ill. Most folks just walk by them like they dont exist.

And no the state is not doing all they can do with the tax dollars that are paid out to them yearly to get those that want help but are not able to get them. Millions of dollars get wasted by the state each year from tax payers $$$$$

Jahshii

Barbs, divestors, and republicans= blocked
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
85,758 4,824 5,011
Alleybux
There’s only so much she can do with a mentally ill governor and all the bs Reed left behind in a pandemic. I won’t judge her too harshly.

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
I was born and raised in Atlanta although I live in the suburbs now. The crime issue has always been a problem even before Keisha. I’ve always said if you want to commit a crime, go to Atlanta because the police won’t do sh!t and this was even before she became mayor. I remember being a victim of a hit and run one time at a park and when I called the police he couldn’t even take my statement because he was so busy trying to holler at some big booty chic. I was mad af and needless to say, the police never followed up. I know mothers who’ve filed for child support in Atlanta years ago and have given ssn, address, work info, everything and the police still won’t serve the fathers. Imagine all of the murder cases that go cold because the police just don’t do their jobs, and like I said, this has been going on before Keisha. I will say the crime has gotten a whole lot worse with all of the transplants moving in but I just feel like there’s nothing that will be done about it no matter who is mayor. The potholes have been a problem since before Keisha was born. The whole COVID thing was fµcked up because she really tried to do something but Kemp went against everything she tried to do then sued her in the process. It was like when your mom tells you no then your dad says yes.

I didn't know Atlanta was that bad. I was thinking of moving closer to the city for work, but you're making me nervous.

TitsMcGhee

Corona Coochie
Reaction score
Reactions
177,906 2,441 813
Alleybux
Do you talk to some of these homeless people because not all of them are mentally ill. Most folks just walk by them like they dont exist.

And no the state is not doing all they can do with the tax dollars that are paid out to them yearly to get those that want help but are not able to get them. Millions of dollars get wasted by the state each year from tax payers $$$$$
This is so true. Many of the homeless people are city staples (sad to say) and they don’t bother people and people don’t bother them. They can even get a little money doing odd things on the street. One of my former coworkers used to eat lunch with and pay this homeless guy weekly to move his car so he didn’t get a ticket lol

But on a serious note, the state could absolutely do a lot more with the tax dollars they receive. They don’t want to resolve the homeless problem because it’s not an issue for Forsyth Co. and N Fulton. Even if it were, the only solution they would commit to is more police presence and further criminalization of homelessness.

palmt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
161,770 11,051 8,002
Alleybux
It has been that way for years even before she came into office . The city of Atlanta has just been pushing and sweeping it underneath the rug.
It’s definitely gotten worse though recently. I was just talking with someone about it. Not sure what’s going on to make it surge like it is or if it’s just that these tent cities or homeless camps have moved to more visible areas such that they seem to be off every exit of the connector now. It’s jarring to me to see it and really makes me sad. Something is very wrong.

Way to Love

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
341,615 8,494 1,880
Alleybux

Dude have you watched Cyhi the Prince's most recent interview with the white hip hop youtuber that everyone here hates? Someone tried to kill him a few weeks ago on the freeway, the way he described it sounded like a hit! He seemed shook because he says he stays out of the way, I was like the hell is going on in the ATL?!

YacketyYak

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
94,948 6,848 6,908
Alleybux

this is why when i support black women politicians they must always lean conservative. rap culture is destructive and anti-black.

TheLightWithin

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
29,586 1,149 900
Alleybux
She's definitely sort of a wannabe celebrity mayor. Always wants to be around celebrities and be seen. To be fair, she is one of the most followed mayors in the country on twitter and things like that could get to her head.

I feel like she ignores a lot of Atlanta's problems like crime and hopes it just magically goes away...like she's afraid to go against that sort of stuff, she's going to lose the black vote(the last mayoral election was already super close).

She is still the favorite this year to win re-election, but it's close and any further wrong moves can see her time as mayor come to an end.

KINGCarlo

PHARAOH
Reaction score
Reactions
106,610 7,053 476
Alleybux
It’s definitely gotten worse though recently. I was just talking with someone about it. Not sure what’s going on to make it surge like it is or if it’s just that these tent cities or homeless camps have moved to more visible areas such that they seem to be off every exit of the connector now. It’s jarring to me to see it and really makes me sad. Something is very wrong.
When Covid came & forced social distancing that caused Homeless Shelters to reduce the amount of people they could house. This is the reason why so many "Tent Cities" have appeared in the last year (the City gives those tents out).
Also, I won't say every Homeless person has Mental Illness & Addiction issues but it is very common. I live Intown so sometimes whenever someone tries me for money I ask why they are on the streets, I usually get a sob story about coming to ATL thinking they'd have success, luck or some other goofiness. They also never give a good reason for not going back home after failure either.
I can tell A LOT of you DON'T LIVE in the city of Atlanta based on your comments and thankfully you'll have no say on who is the mayor of my city anyways.:disdain

palmt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
161,770 11,051 8,002
Alleybux
When Covid came & forced social distancing that caused Homeless Shelters to reduce the amount of people they could house. This is the reason why so many "Tent Cities" have appeared in the last year (the City gives those tents out).
Also, I won't say every Homeless person has Mental Illness & Addiction issues but it is very common. I live Intown so sometimes whenever someone tries me for money I ask why they are on the streets, I usually get a sob story about coming to ATL thinking they'd have success, luck or some other goofiness. They also never give a good reason for not going back home after failure either.
I can tell A LOT of you DON'T LIVE in the city of Atlanta based on your comments and thankfully you'll have no say on who is the mayor of my city anyways.:disdain
I didn’t think about the Covid angle. That explains the surge to a degree.

Not sure about your last statement. I think most people who are commenting genuinely want the city to thrive.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
Is this a joke? What do you think your tax dollars are for?

We have more standing traffic in the city than ever before, which is why fixing roads is a continuous thing that consumes more tax dollars. This is why I am critic of too many people moving into the city, and having too many cars on public roads at one time. Our tax dollars could spent on other things.

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
We have more standing traffic in the city than ever before, which is why fixing roads is a continuous thing that consumes more tax dollars. This is why I am critic of too many people moving into the city, and having too many cars on public roads at one time. Our tax dollars could spent on other things.

I'm sick of the transplants honestly. Why GA?

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
I been to California . Atlanta is not California or any other northern city . This should not be occurring in the south in abundance. I am seeing it even in places like North Carolina.

Like I said, this is an American problem and the South is no different. As the population grows in these cities, so will it's homeless population.

It doesn't matter how money you allocate for the homeless, you still have to get them to accept the help they're being given. You can't help people if they don't want it.

MrAtlanta

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
72,819 5,540 10,637
Alleybux
I'm sick of the transplants honestly. Why GA?

I'm sick of them too.

It's the high cost of living elsewhere that brings them to the South. In doing so, they're raising the cost of living here by placing a higher demand for housing and other things. When companies move to Georgia, they bring their employees with them, and these politicians can't say NO to these companies when they decide to move here.

Bourgie Boho

Igbo girls dey maintain
Reaction score
Reactions
236,718 9,040 6,388
Alleybux
I'm sick of them too.

It's the high cost of living elsewhere that brings them to the South. In doing so, they're raising the cost of living here by placing a higher demand for housing and other things. When companies move to Georgia, they bring their employees with them, and these politicians can't say NO to these companies when they decide to move here.

I'm scared to see what the cost of living will look like in twenty years. I plan on owning outside in Atlanta in a suburban area because I feel like everyone is on top of each other.

I'm saving to live in or near the city, but I can't see myself living there for a decade.