Quantcast

UPDATE Single mom gets over 100K in donations after arrest for leaving kids alone to go to work

Allthistrash

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
125,367 4,806 289
Alleybux
The mom, who was found working at a pizza shop, told officers that she usually has someone check in on her children every hour while she is at work.
21 hrs 51 mins ago
Updated:
18 hrs 49 mins ago
By Mike Gauntner

20372141_G.jpeg

Shania Bell
A Liberty Township woman has pleaded not guilty to child endangering after police say they found her two daughters left alone in a Belmont Avenue motel room Thursday evening.

Acting on a tip, officers found a 10-year-old girl and her two-year-old sister in a room at the Motel Six after 6 p.m.

The older child said that her mother was at work and expected her to be back by 10 p.m.

The mom, 24-year-old Shaina Bell, who was found working at a pizza shop, told officers that she usually has someone check in on her children every hour while she is at work.

Bell was booked into the county jail on two counts of child endangering.

The children were turned over to their father.

Now free on bail after a hearing in Girard Municipal Court, Bell is scheduled for another court hearing in April.

Community support for Bell has been building and a Go-Fund-Me has been created to support Bell and her children.

Liberty Police: Kids left in motel as mom works in pizza shop

24 with a 10 yr old? I need to have more info on the father. How was he able to get the children so quickly but couldn't watch them while she was at work? I hope she gets the resources she needs.

ETA go to post #61 & #105 & 135 for an update

I just checked her Facebook and this is what she has to say.
View attachment 2320333 View attachment 2320334

Some more updates

Shaina is defending him and his mom on Facebook. According to his sister he was at work, and has been working since he was 13 to support the 10 year old and a son who wasn’t there. The 2 year old is by another man.Shaina got kicked out and has lived with them since she first got pregnant at 13/14 and just recently moved out a month ago and the girls were visiting her. He woke up and realized they weren’t there, called the 10 year old then figured they were at a motel then called the police. The sister said he only called them because he would’ve been accused of kidnapping if he didn’t. At the end of the day, I hope they all go to therapy, and she’s able to change her life with the money.

That’s why we should never donate to any gofundme that is not created by the person or a close relative.

Her mother created a gofundme

Help Shaina Bell Rebuild her Children's Life, organized by Danielle Hosey

I thought the kids don’t live with her and were visiting and the father of two of her kids called the police because after he called the mom and she said she was working he called the older daughter and found out they were alone. She could have had the father or his family watching them because they’re usually with his family and that’s who they live with.

Her mom also kicked her out when she first got pregnant and she lived with the family of the father of her two older kids. I’m not understanding why she wasn’t assisting her daughter with housing or support but can manage a go fund me.

The children were not living with their mother. She is benefiting from the way the story has been skewed to make it seem like she was a mother struggling for a babysitter when she most certainly was not. She basically placed the kids in that situation needlessly. The children lived with their grandmother who at one point had even given Shaina a place to live when she was 14. The same grandmother wasn’t even the bio grandmother of the youngest, but she was taking care of the child as her own.

Last edited:

sunflowerz

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
3,193 31 42
Alleybux
This is sad. She needs support not to be criminalized. I respect that she’s working a legit job. I hope she finds support that she needs.

YANAS

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
100,845 2,130 227
Alleybux
I don’t understand why the father wouldn’t just watch them while she’s at work in the first place. I’m wondering if she asked him and he said no, but called CPS on her.

I feel bad for her. She had a child early and most likely never had the proper support system in the beginning. Hopefully, she gets a support system set up and is able to get her children back.

Poitiers

Queen of Plates
Reaction score
Reactions
45,307 797 112
Alleybux
Unless there is more to the story I'm gonna say she shouldn't be charged. I'd like to know where the father is during all this, because if he can easily get the girls now then why wasn't he taking care of them while the mom was at work?

Reaction score
Reactions
181,515 3,136 1,372
Alleybux
How was he able to get those kids so quick? They are clearly struggling if she's working that much and they live in a hotel.

24 with a 10yo, I'd love to know how old the dad is.

Fredsluv

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
55,402 954 384
Alleybux
Poor thing!! Why did they arrest her tho??!! She’s probably doing the best she can in the midst of this pandemic. She needs help and I hope that she gets it, but why didn’t the father watch the kids at the motel while she worked???!!

IVannaBRich

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,011 212 11
Alleybux
The said thing is, she left her children to WORK.
---Not shop, club, or go out. The whack boyfriends are killing the children and some of their fathers can't be trusted. She more than likely doesn't get paid enough to cover childcare but she's being punished. The system is set up poorly & the wrong people are on the benefitting end.

Controverse

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,914 18,463 3,404
Alleybux
He's the father of them both, with an 8 year age gap so they have a long term ongoing relationship. That in addition to the fact he was able to get them quickly, it just doesn't make sense as to why they weren't with him to begin with.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,322 11,267 1,506
Alleybux
Updated edit:
I have had some family members reach out to me to explain the situation and I have decided to change the nature of the fundraiser. Without going into too much detail I feel that the money donated will be best used to help provide for the children. Due to the fact that I am amending the fundraiser, I fully understand if anyone that has donated would like to request a refund. At this point, any and all donations will be put towards clothing and necessities for the children. Please understand that by the request of so many people, I made this gofundme with the best of intentions and feel like this is the best route to ensure the money is put to good use.

I’m confused. Are they homeless or what? The article and GFM doesn’t say.

UglyFatGirl

Living Rent-Free in Taylor Swift's Bald Spots
Reaction score
Reactions
136,348 8,721 4,637
Alleybux
This is ridiculous. She needs help. She needs a job training guide, a daycare voucher, a Section 8 voucher, etc.

Our justice system is RIDICULOUS. Kyle Rittenhouse is out galavanting around who-knows-where, and a woman who has been a single mom since she was 13-14 years old is penalized for actually going to work.

We have provided zero financial assistance for working moms during this pandemic. I highly doubt she wanted to leave her children in a damn Motel 6 to make pizzas, but what other options did she have?

What can we do to help her?

PinkPancakes

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
65,377 2,778 141
Alleybux
Is the father the same man for her two kids? Where was he to step up and take care of his kids while she was at work or chip in for a babysitter?

I'm assuming this girl is homeless if she's living in a motel. I know she's trying for her kids but sad situation all around. People really need to think twice about their reproductive options.

ETA- now the person who created the gofundme said the family contacted her and said there's more to the story so they're only putting the funds towards the kids. What's really going on?

Last edited:

Falafal

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
40,566 1,008 416
Alleybux
Let me be clear, I do believe that ten and two is way too young to be left alone together. However, the truth is a lot of people leave children at home at various ages and don’t get the police called on them. I think all states should make it clear what is too young to be left alone, so it’s not up to officers whether or not it’s considered child endangerment.

I feel so bad for her because she’s clearly trying her best. Im around her age and could not imagine having a 10 and 2 year old and trying to provide for them during a pandemic when it’s cold outside and heat needs to get paid. She obviously needs help, not to go to prison for working.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
Praying that a company that provides day care comes forward and hires her. Like others said, she should not be made to be a criminal for doing what she felt she had to do to support her children. It's obvious this young woman has been failed since she was a child herself. It's not like she was out clubbing. She was working a legit job that more than likely pays sh!t, but it's honest work.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
Updated edit:
I have had some family members reach out to me to explain the situation and I have decided to change the nature of the fundraiser. Without going into too much detail I feel that the money donated will be best used to help provide for the children. Due to the fact that I am amending the fundraiser, I fully understand if anyone that has donated would like to request a refund. At this point, any and all donations will be put towards clothing and necessities for the children. Please understand that by the request of so many people, I made this gofundme with the best of intentions and feel like this is the best route to ensure the money is put to good use.

Who set up the Go Fund Me and how does this person know the family is even telling the truth? The family could easily be seeing that people are donating to her and want the money for themselves. Whose to say they will make sure that money goes to the children and not into their pockets?

The young woman obviously couldn't rely on them to help care for the children while she worked. Whoever set up the fundraiser should try and contact the mother of these children to get her side of why she felt she couldn't rely on the family and the father of the children.

ETA: And it should be said, it was this family (both hers and the father of the children's family) who sat by as a 13-year-old CHILD got pregnant.

anonyme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
61,695 5,455 433
Alleybux
wow 24 with a 10 year old and 2 year old she was trying to provide for her kids hate to see situations like this.

luckygirl93

Caramel Goddess
Reaction score
Reactions
407,577 21,354 16,210
Alleybux
It’s not like she left them to run behind some man or go clubbing. She shouldn’t go to jail for this especially at a time like this. She should just get community service and show how to get a voucher for daycare.

foxfoxfox3

Mew Mew Mew!
Reaction score
Reactions
43,358 1,130 763
Alleybux
Too much confusion and not enough concrete information other than she became a mother at a Very young age.

LonghornVicky

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
627,128 21,602 2,085
Alleybux
I feel like there’s a lot more to this story because it’s ridiculous to arrest her and she’s making a living for her kids. I know in my state you can leave a 10 year old at home by themselves but of course not a 2 year old.

Orangemelons

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
80,948 1,977 1,178
Alleybux
Her intentions were good. If she was white I guarantee there would have been more sympathy for her and options outside of going to jail. I wish her & her children the best 24 with a 10 year old is not normal.

sosie

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,490 3,312 3,934
Alleybux
Child care is hella expensive. I offered to pay for my cousin to go to day care and damnnnnnnnn it costs me almost as much as my rent!!

I feel for this woman, and it's fµcked up if she gets convicted that will make her future even harder. This is a cold, cruel country

BigLolaFalana

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,009 1,688 848
Alleybux
Start a go fund me so she can get proper child care and housing. fµck that father for not helping until the mom was jailed for WORKING!

Here’s the link to the Go Fund Me also see these updates. The problem I have is family can meddle and be messy depending on what’s going on. The information is vague abs presents that there is more to the story, but it also can be a messy relationship where parental sides are beefing and influencing the organizer.

Fundraiser for the children of Shaina Bell, organized by Courtney Hatton

B6B1F76B-B3EB-4BBF-8642-B01EEEB17FC8.jpeg
591DB057-D029-4C33-88FF-F819187985EE.jpeg

CheapCoffee

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,872 408 228
Alleybux
I'm not understanding why she was arrested.

Obviously there are details from this story missing, but I can't see how her acts were criminal.

The legal age that a child can be left home alone and watching younger siblings vary by state. Many states don't have a minimum age set at all.

For the states that have set a minimum age, it varies from 9-14. Most of the time it is up to the parent's discretion.

This girl was WORKING. Its clear that she needs resources and not jail. Our system is backwards.

WokeandWealthy

Cheverly is Dead. Who Killed Her?
Reaction score
Reactions
55,431 1,358 273
Alleybux
Leave it to white folks to criminalize a clearly desperate mother in a bleak situation.

Let it be Lindsey and Hollywood would make some tear jerker movie out of her situation. : unamused:

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,322 11,267 1,506
Alleybux
Who set up the Go Fund Me and how does this person know the family is even telling the truth? The family could easily be seeing that people are donating to her and want the money for themselves. Whose to say they will make sure that money goes to the children and not into their pockets?

The young woman obviously couldn't rely on them to help care for the children while she worked. Whoever set up the fundraiser should try and contact the mother of these children to get her side of why she felt she couldn't rely on the family and the father of the children.

ETA: And it should be said, it was this family (both hers and the father of the children's family) who sat by as a 13-year-old CHILD got pregnant.

I don’t know but the more I read the more questions I have.

Fundraiser for the children of Shaina Bell, organized by Courtney Hatton

Pancakes123

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
42,631 741 724
Alleybux
I hope she gets her children back. She was fourteen when she had her first child, so how old is the ‘father?.’ Why wasn’t he helping her take care of their children? Is it because he’s older? I think he needs to be investigated.

soymocha

Lamar is the MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
29,751 1,580 285
Alleybux
ETA- now the person who created the gofundme said the family contacted her and said there's more to the story so they're only putting the funds towards the kids. What's really going on?

That’s why I don’t jump to conclusions on these emotional stories until the facts come in.

2020username

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
27,216 54 18
Alleybux
This is sad. She needs support not to be criminalized. I respect that she’s working a legit job. I hope she finds support that she needs.

Also I was left on my own at 10 sometimes, I really don't know that this is a big deal. If the 10yo is mature... the mother is trying to support her kids with a job, it's not like she's out partying or doing drugs.

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Updated edit:

It could just be me but I think the father and his family saw the fundraiser. So, they decided to spill some tea to get the person organizing the fundraiser to focus on raising money just for the girls because that way he’d be the one to receive the funds.

Last edited:

SellingOutSouls

24KCoughDrop
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
251,721 6,530 2,165
Alleybux
Is the father the same man for her two kids? Where was he to step up and take care of his kids while she was at work or chip in for a babysitter?

I'm assuming this girl is homeless if she's living in a motel. I know she's trying for her kids but sad situation all around. People really need to think twice about their reproductive options.

Think about it. If the GFM is refocused to just the girls, then whichever parent has custody of the girls will likely be the one to receive and spend the funds as they see fit.