Kim K's staff threatens lawsuit over terrible working conditions

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux

Kim Kardashian faces another blow as 'staff threaten lawsuit over working conditions' amid divorce from estranged husband Kanye West​

• The reality star's staff are reportedly threatening to take legal action over working conditions
  • A source said the lawsuit involves 'domestic workers employed at her home who may have been misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees'
  • It could be another blow for the reality star, 40, who filed for divorce from husband Kanye West in February after nearly seven years of marriage
  • It comes after Kanye, 43, could be facing a $30million lawsuit over his Sunday Service shows
  • Class-action lawsuits claim he violated strict California labor laws for allegedly failing to pay hundreds of performers and backstage staff on time or 'at all'
1621376914424.png

Kim Kardashian's staff are reportedly threatening to take legal action over working conditions.

It could be another blow for the reality star, 40, who filed for divorce from husband Kanye West, 43, in February after nearly seven years of marriage.

According to The Sun, some members of Kim's staff are weighing up taken legal action- just months after Kanye was hit with two class-action lawsuits over claims he mistreated and failed to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his popular Sunday Service shows.

The staff are said to be demanding money for having to endure years of what they might be set to claim was 'unreasonable behaviour'.

A source told the publication: 'Since members of his Sunday Service crew sued, other employees have been considering their options.

'There's apparently a potential lawsuit in the works against Kim involving multiple employees. They are believed to be domestic workers employed at her home who allegedly may have been misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees.

'If a lawsuit is filed, then one issue would be how much control Kim and her staff had over them.'

The insider claimed some of Kim's employers were teenagers and if they had worked more than the maximum limit set by law, there could be a case of child labour violations.'

MailOnline has contacted Kim and Kanye's representatives for comment.

Back in January it was reported Kanye was facing two class-action lawsuits and could be hit with $30 million in damages over claims he mistreated and failed to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his Sunday Service shows.

The lawsuits relate to around 500 performers and 300 backstage staff who worked at the rapper's extravagant, part Christian worship and part live performance shows that he has been taking across the US since 2019.

1621377483587.png

Lawyers for the workers claim that during West's first 'opera', the 'Nebuchadnezzar' at The Hollywood Bowl, in Los Angeles, in November 2019, he violated strict employment laws in California for hundreds of performers and backstage crew including hair stylists, make-up artists and costume designers, as well as actors hired to sit in the audience.

Allegations include not paying hundreds of employees on time, or 'at all' in some cases, as well as not granting the overtime wages, meal and rest breaks and business expenses to which they were legally entitled as employees in the state, rather than individual contractors.

It is estimated West could face up to $30 million in damages if he contests the lawsuits, a source told The Sun.

In August last year, West was also sued by MyChannel Inc. who claimed that West stole some of its technology for his Sunday Service show after its employees worked on it, unpaid, for six-months.

One lawsuit, filed by LA employment lawyer Frank Kim in August, concentrates on the performers, which totals over 500 people.

The other, filed by entertainment attorneys Harris & Ruble, centres on behind-the scenes staff of around 300 people.

1621377606106.png

NopeNotMe

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
34,173 1,469 420
Alleybux
Aren’t their products made in sweatshops as well? I wonder how many more incidents of classism and elitism it will take before they’re cancelled.

aperolspritz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,614 627 122
Alleybux
its what she deserves btw I spilled a little tea on that already, that family allll treat their employees trash and that's why they continually recycle them

Last edited:

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux
So she's hiring illegal immigrants for housekeeping, maintenance/landscaping, and other labor services?

BAYBE

Pulling cards, btch, this ain’t no Yu-Gi-Oh
Reaction score
Reactions
243,130 4,483 302
Alleybux
Is she going to represent herself? Maybe she can ask the courts to postpone the suit until she passes her baby bar.

LolaMoon

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
123,034 1,533 797
Alleybux

Kim Kardashian faces another blow as 'staff threaten lawsuit over working conditions' amid divorce from estranged husband Kanye West​

• The reality star's staff are reportedly threatening to take legal action over working conditions
  • A source said the lawsuit involves 'domestic workers employed at her home who may have been misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees'
  • It could be another blow for the reality star, 40, who filed for divorce from husband Kanye West in February after nearly seven years of marriage
  • It comes after Kanye, 43, could be facing a $30million lawsuit over his Sunday Service shows
  • Class-action lawsuits claim he violated strict California labor laws for allegedly failing to pay hundreds of performers and backstage staff on time or 'at all'
View attachment 2563400

Kim Kardashian's staff are reportedly threatening to take legal action over working conditions.

It could be another blow for the reality star, 40, who filed for divorce from husband Kanye West, 43, in February after nearly seven years of marriage.

According to The Sun, some members of Kim's staff are weighing up taken legal action- just months after Kanye was hit with two class-action lawsuits over claims he mistreated and failed to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his popular Sunday Service shows.

The staff are said to be demanding money for having to endure years of what they might be set to claim was 'unreasonable behaviour'.

A source told the publication: 'Since members of his Sunday Service crew sued, other employees have been considering their options.

'There's apparently a potential lawsuit in the works against Kim involving multiple employees. They are believed to be domestic workers employed at her home who allegedly may have been misclassified as independent contractors instead of employees.

'If a lawsuit is filed, then one issue would be how much control Kim and her staff had over them.'

The insider claimed some of Kim's employers were teenagers and if they had worked more than the maximum limit set by law, there could be a case of child labour violations.'

MailOnline has contacted Kim and Kanye's representatives for comment.

Back in January it was reported Kanye was facing two class-action lawsuits and could be hit with $30 million in damages over claims he mistreated and failed to pay up to 1,000 performers and backstage staff at his Sunday Service shows.

The lawsuits relate to around 500 performers and 300 backstage staff who worked at the rapper's extravagant, part Christian worship and part live performance shows that he has been taking across the US since 2019.

View attachment 2563418

Lawyers for the workers claim that during West's first 'opera', the 'Nebuchadnezzar' at The Hollywood Bowl, in Los Angeles, in November 2019, he violated strict employment laws in California for hundreds of performers and backstage crew including hair stylists, make-up artists and costume designers, as well as actors hired to sit in the audience.

Allegations include not paying hundreds of employees on time, or 'at all' in some cases, as well as not granting the overtime wages, meal and rest breaks and business expenses to which they were legally entitled as employees in the state, rather than individual contractors.

It is estimated West could face up to $30 million in damages if he contests the lawsuits, a source told The Sun.

In August last year, West was also sued by MyChannel Inc. who claimed that West stole some of its technology for his Sunday Service show after its employees worked on it, unpaid, for six-months.

One lawsuit, filed by LA employment lawyer Frank Kim in August, concentrates on the performers, which totals over 500 people.

The other, filed by entertainment attorneys Harris & Ruble, centres on behind-the scenes staff of around 300 people.

View attachment 2563419
Ouch. Why is sweetie pie Saint looking at North like that? Kim used to always think it was cute to laugh and say how much North disliked him but was she that big of a bully? It wouldn't surprise me if Kim gassed North up. She was horrible for telling a baby Penelope that there is only ONE North Star as if North was the ACTUAL North Star.

enchanted

Fall is Beautiful
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
345,871 13,203 10,054
Alleybux
its what she deserves btw I spilled a little tea on that already, that family allll treat their employees trash and that's why they continually recycle them

You did??

Do you mind spilling it again or pointing me to the thread?

I really didn't want to post Kanye's issues, I wanted more on Kim.

Many small business owners like her in LA will make their staff "independent employees", because they don't want to pay them benefits or anything, but the LAW is VERY CLEAR that independent employees cannot be ordered around or on YOUR SCHEDULE. You see them when you see them.

I swear SOMEBODY from this family is gonna do some prison time real soon. My money is on Kylie and Kris Jenner for lying to the SEC during that Coty deal.

aperolspritz

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
15,614 627 122
Alleybux
You did??

Many small business owners like her in LA will make their staff "independent employees", because they don't want to pay them benefits or anything, but the LAW is VERY CLEAR that independent employees cannot be ordered around or on YOUR SCHEDULE. You see them when you see them.

I swear SOMEBODY from this family is gonna do some prison time real soon. My money is on Kylie and Kris Jenner for lying to the SEC during that Coty deal.
watered down klan tea, ye, chewbecca and Tyrone biggums +hotel heiress and p0rnstar k1m

to me they are the definition of wolves in sheep's clothing. I don't pray on their downfall nor do I pay attention to them anymore much but Gods timing is good and I know that as time goes on their dirt they've done over years will continue to seep out

Lorie

LalaOnTheFloor
Reaction score
Reactions
2,791 161 95
Alleybux
I'd love to hear any tea you have!

RussianVodkaSux

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
235,018 15,169 7,598
Alleybux
You did??

well interesting how this will play out since Kim been studying to be a lawyer for one r4 years so she cant pretend she didnt know about these laws.

JustOne

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
33,636 719 652
Alleybux
You did??

They really don't understand business at all but are hyped up as these savvy business women.