LA vloggers thread 2.0 (DDG, Kennedy, McQueen, Kellie, Chandler etc)

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux
i think she thinks it’s cute bc of the attention it brings.
without the attention I don’t think it would play out like this
The toxic relationship theme has brought them plenty of attention for sure but it really hasn't translated to an increase of views or engagement on instagram, specially for DDG....His IG engagement rate has remained the same throughout the year.

The current music video was supposed to be the crescendo of their toxic love but the youtube views aren't looking so impressive at this early stage, but maybe it'll pick up steam later on...

Moonwalking In Calabasas was already pushing close to 2M views by now.

I personally think he should focus on the Impatient music video..That's the real hit...The Toxic relationship storyline hasn't really worked for DDG.

Play Nice or Stay Out my DMs
Reactions
272,672 6,517 2,015
Alleybux
The toxic relationship theme has brought them plenty of attention for sure but it really hasn't translated to an increase of views or engagement on instagram, specially for DDG....His IG engagement rate has remained the same throughout the year.

The current music video was supposed to be the crescendo of their toxic love but the youtube views aren't looking so impressive at this early stage, but maybe it'll pick up steam later on...

I personally think he should focus on the Impatient music video..That's the real hit...The Toxic relationship storyline hasn't really worked for DDG.
..Are..you..criticizing Darryl?? You good fam?

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux
..Are..you..criticizing Darryl?? You good fam?
Watch my previous posts..my opinion of him have always been fair and balanced, unlike some of you guys who are 100% bias against him all the time and makes him out to be a total monster of a human being...

I've always stated he was wrong for always taking his issues with Kennedy to social media..and I've also disagree with his toxic relationship theme with Rubi Rose for exposure.

on the other hand, his work ethic in general has to be applauded...even his music career is doing much better than most expected "for a youtuber who is transitioning into music with many not taking him seriously."...something many on here won't even admit to and swear he's the worst rapper out there.

Last edited:
General Manager
Reactions
23,212 913 912
Alleybux

I see what you’re saying as far views on YT, but at the very least, The post w/ him and Rubi kissing, is his most liked photo as of recent (over 500k likes) & his YT content w/ Rubi began to outperform all of his other content. All of a sudden, he’s on the radar of plenty of women, bc pretty women associated with men, always make other women suddenly interested in a guy.

Outside of that, musically, I agree that it’s not really affecting those #s. He’s just gonna have to make smarter moves, buckle down, and keep working hard for those W’s.

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux

He still trollin fredo:joy: why they ain’t box yet
Maybe she didn't know it was DDG song since the tiktok snippet is using Coi Leray vocals.
Apparently, Fredo got her to block DDG once he saw his IG post.

As for the song, Impatient, it's currently one of the top song going viral on tiktok at #17, so it'll be interesting to see whether it charts once he makes the music video for it.

General Manager
Reactions
3,934 33 43
Alleybux
Ceraadi did DDG's challenge. I noticed he didn't post them though. He must be worried about what Rubi would say.

You mean Coi Leray challenge and song, let's keep it real here. MWIC is Blueface song and Impatient is Coi Leray song. DDG is seemingly the feature on both and people know their parts more than his....

Rookie
Reactions
Alleybux
You mean Coi Leray challenge and song, let's keep it real here. MWIC is Blueface song and Impatient is Coi Leray song. DDG is seemingly the feature on both and people know their parts more than his....
Honestly I think that’s the role DDG should take because let’s be honest.........
I really don’t see him having a solo song hit

General Manager
Reactions
3,934 33 43
Alleybux
Ya’ll don’t like the Rule #1 song? I could see that being a hit if he pushed it.

That's still with a feature, he needs a solo song that no one can say the feature carried the song. I'd say the solo song that has potential is "Way you talk" even though Landstrip Chip wrote it. Anyway. I know that hurts DDG ego when people are putting the time stamp for Coi Leray part, say they skip his part and it should be her song....

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux
That's still with a feature, he needs a solo song that no one can say the feature carried the song. I'd say the solo song that has potential is "Way you talk" even though Landstrip Chip wrote it. Anyway. I know that hurts DDG ego when people are putting the time stamp for Coi Leray part, say they skip his part and it should be her song....
I don't get the sense he cares whether people are listening to the song mainly because of Coi Leray since he's been heavily pushing her vocals on I.G and TikTok.....Seemed like he's fine with people giving her most of the credit.

He paid for all these features out of his own pocket to specifically attract as many streams as possible so that he can increase his name recognition and brand...and than later on, he can focus on getting a solo hit on his next project

Saying that, I think DDG singing on the song surprisingly sounded a bit like Drake..even some comments stated they thought it was Drake....

Last edited:
General Manager
Reactions
23,212 913 912
Alleybux
I don't get the sense he cares whether people are listening to the song mainly because of Coi Leray since he's been heavily pushing her vocals on I.G and TikTok.....Seemed like he's fine with people giving her most of the credit.

He paid for all these features out of his own pocket to specifically attract as many streams as possible so that he can increase his name recognition and brand...and than later on, he can focus on getting a solo hit on his next project

Saying that, I think DDG singing on the song surprisingly sounded a bit like Drake..even some comments stated they thought it was Drake....

Like Drake??? Uhhhh... Yeah... I could see that's what he was going for, but actually sounding like that? Nah.

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux
Like Drake??? Uhhhh... Yeah... I could see that's what he was going for, but actually sounding like that? Nah.
I thought he somewhat pulled off the Drake vibe...at the very least, his singing on that track was credible...No one in the comment sections was mocking it like the YBNNahmir attempt at singing on his Soul Train track.

In My bed.....Waiting for Aladdin To Pipe Me Down
Reactions
27,379 1,111 73
Alleybux
1618839679261.png

1618839840761.png

We just have to wait and see if this is the case

General Manager
Reactions
4,806 97 240
Alleybux
Looks like your boy DDG going to the biggest Hip Hop festival in the World....and he's gonna perform on the first day and not too late which would mean less people in attendance..He's on the second row and first day..not bad.

Some of you on here may think he doesn't deserve to be here but if you look at the Rolling Loud entire list, DDG gets better streams than about 60% of them..I don't even recognize many of them.

Rubi will also be performing but her slot time is a bit lower than DDG and different date..

Starter
Reactions
1,080 26 2
Alleybux
Looks like your boy DDG going to the biggest Hip Hop festival in the World....and he's gonna perform on the first day and not too late which would mean less people in attendance..He's on the second row ad first day..not bad.

Some of you on here may think he doesn't deserve to be here but if you look at the Rolling Loud entire list, DDG gets better streams than about 60% of them..I don't even recognize many of them.

Rubi will also be performing but her slot time is a bit lower than DDG and different date..

wait they're allowing people to attend festivals this summer? Or is this virtual?

Last edited:
General Manager
Reactions
15,136 155 20
Alleybux
Looks like your boy DDG going to the biggest Hip Hop festival in the World....and he's gonna perform on the first day and not too late which would mean less people in attendance..He's on the second row and first day..not bad.

Are You a Fan?

The Culture

Ask LSA

General Alley

Recent Posts

And So it Begins & Will Continue ~ Don't Show Up Being Obnoxious Then Insult the Household Staff...
Omg this is so embarrassing, I bet people were shading her all over the place in her face like Pretty Woman did in that zoom call and she doesn't...
See The Thing Is... podcast
So apparently they took the time to highlight that black women were the main people criticizing them. Its hilarious because aren’t these the same...
Men criticize you
My suggestion if videochat first, apps allow you to do so. Secondly talk to the person at least a week on the app, and another week outside. This...
The Underground Railroad (Amazon Prime) Discussion and viewing Thread
I'm on the third episode. I agree that the first episode was hard to.watch. I know we know that part of history, but the second episode was...
Any Fans Of INXS and/or The Late Michael Hutchence?
Oh sorry I got the names confused also. Yes i enjoyed the mystify doc as well as their biopic, good but sad. I never knew they had to deal with...
So Vanessa Bryant lied after all (who’s surprised?)
Anyway back to Anansa and Shaya. Shaya doesn’t want to be in the spotlight like that so she feeds information to Anansa. At the same time, her...
Joe Budden: I'll Name This Podcast Later
You can’t make this shit up! This is the newest episode run down
Top Bottom