Ladies It Is Not Worth It!

BETonBlack

I Know You Care
Reaction score
Reactions
11,953 109 15
Alleybux
Md. woman gets 25 years in jealousy-fueled killing

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/md-woman-gets-25-years-in-jealousy-fueled-killing/2011/06/10/AGlxVGPH_story.html?tid=rec_wp

By Keith L. Alexander

A D.C. Superior Court judge sentenced a Maryland mother of four to 25 years in prison Friday for fatally stabbing another woman last year because she thought the victim was dating her ex-boyfriend.

Killer Ramona Gray
16240_664278418864_30306865_37194710_2917510_n_normal.jpg

Prosecutors had asked Judge Gerald I. Fisher to sentence Ramona Gray, 31, of District Heights to 26 years after Gray pleaded guilty to the Aug. 31 attack on Shemese A. Grant, 31. Grant was stabbed 18 times in the back in a parking lot outside a deli in the 1700 block of Good Hope Road SE.

At a previous hearing, prosecutors showed still photographs from a surveillance camera in the deli that showed Gray waiting inside, looking out the front door and then holding a knife, which Gray had pulled out of her purse, a witness in the store told police.

According to court documents, Gray saw Grant get out of a car in the parking lot. When Grant’s back was turned, Gray ran out of the deli and began stabbing her. Grant cried out, “No, Mona, no!”

Authorities said Gray was angry that Grant had a romantic relationship with Gray’s former boyfriend. Grant’s family said the relationship had ended by the time the attack occurred. The ex-boyfriend was not at Friday’s hearing.

Grant was the mother of a 4-year-old boy.

Prosecutors initially charged Gray with first-degree, premeditated murder. But after learning that Gray had a history of mental illness since childhood, prosecutors reduced the charges to second-degree murder, which Gray pleaded guilty to in January.

“Ms. Gray has shown violent episodes since her childhood,” Assistant U.S. Attorney Stephen Gripkey said. “No doubt this was a premeditated murder.”

It was an emotional sentencing for families of both women, and relatives on both sides of the courtroom wept openly. Grant’s mother, Gina, reading from a prepared statement, asked the judge to sentence Gray to 40 years in prison because of her prior charges. In 2007, Gray pleaded guilty to arson after she was arrested for setting fire to her boyfriend’s D.C. apartment. At a previous hearing, Gripkey said Gray had admitted to setting the fire because she saw a woman leaving the apartment. Gray was on probation when she attacked Grant.

“You have stolen my baby girl. My Tinkerbell,” Grant’s mother said, standing only a few feet from Gray, who was shackled and wearing a gray prison jumpsuit and white cross around her neck. “I can’t judge you. I can only pray for you.”

Gray tearfully interjected: “I’m sorry, Ms. Grant. I know sorry is not good enough.”

Gray’s attorney, Premal Dharia of the District’s Public Defender Service, said Gray had not received the proper mental health attention and had stopped taking her anti-depression medication before she killed Grant.
As part of her sentence, the judge ordered Gray to undergo “intense” psychiatric treatment, anger-management classes and substance-abuse treatment.

Outside the courtroom after the hearing, the families of both women hugged each other as Gray’s mother apologized to Grant’s family.
“What’s so frightening is the cycle of urban decay continues,” said Lisa Whiteside, Grant’s aunt. “We now have five young children who are going to grow up without their mothers.”

BluBerri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
30,986 64 21
Alleybux
This person had mental health problems that probably weren't treated correctly. Sad :no:

TresBelle

I’m hungry lol
Reaction score
Reactions
6,738 69 57
Alleybux
This b!tch was dumb, she shouldn't have had kids, and she deserves life in prison for killing another woman over some dumb ass man. Smh!

lookin2myeyez

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
6,186 38 7
Alleybux
SMH so sad
My god, all this over a man! You see he didn't show up to the hearing either!

"Authorities said Gray was angry that Grant had a romantic relationship with Gray’s former boyfriend. Grant’s family said the relationship had ended by the time the attack occurred. The ex-boyfriend was not at Friday’s hearing."

On this blog it states Shemese Grant was pregnant....
Washington's Other Monuments: Shemese Grant's shrine- Good Hope Road

"A neighbor told me that Ms. Grant was pregnant, and that Ms. Gray came at her with a machete, and that Ms. Grant bled to death on the parking lot where the shrine is located. Apparently they had been romantically involved with the same man."
Shemese+Grant+1700+block+Good+Hope+Rd+SE+009+sm.jpg

Chalant

Reaction score
Reactions
195,849 9,376 8,604
Alleybux
Man. Its scary out here. Women need to know that sometimes the other woman doesn't know. Not saying that was the case here.

Sophistiratchet

Twerking to Tchaikovsky
Reaction score
Reactions
99,587 42 20
Alleybux
How is it that I live in DC and have no recollection of this incident. This is tragic. I feel for the children involved.

memyselfni

DEATH TO SIDECHICKS-BRING BACK SHAME.
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
245,967 40,320 6,184
Alleybux
one dead one on her way to prison and the guy will continue fµck!ng....while smirking and telling this story....

The Throne

Black.women.are.top.tier
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
314,753 1,985 406
Alleybux
This bish :disdain: The sad part is that the guy is out living his life and she's in prison.

Reaction score
Reactions
3,011 8 1
Alleybux
The sad part is that five children have to grow up without their mothers. Four of them may eventually see their mother again when she's released from prison. But one child will never see his mom again.

Kat Jones

Jedi Master
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
one dead one on her way to prison and the guy will continue fµck!ng....while smirking and telling this story....

And there it is right here. Reminds me of one of the stories on snapped. A Black male teacher was married had an affair with another teacher. The mistriss got jealous kills the wife. There was not enough proof the husband was involved so the husband moves away ( another state) and hooks up with the next female smh. Does not even tell his first wife's family that he is moving or anything ! He is probebly laughing at it all. ( he probably had life insurance out on his first wife too)

Just get the proof he is cheating get a good lawyer and file for a divorce make HIM PAY!!!

*waits for the bitter brothas to come in here lol*

DCKitty

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
13,766 3 2
Alleybux
I remember when this first happened. I can't believe they gave her less time because essentially what she has is a temper that she can't control. Sad story all around.

nicoledee

N.V. likes your font.
Reaction score
Reactions
48,993 116 88
Alleybux
The name of the deceased girl sounds familiar to me. She may be related to someone I know. I'm hoping it's not who I think it is.

nicoledee

N.V. likes your font.
Reaction score
Reactions
48,993 116 88
Alleybux
SMH. I don't understand.

What is it about dick for some women?.....

:no:

My thoughts exactly. No man can make me act this way. Everyone's been hurt by some lying ninja. Just move the hell on. I don't understand why women will fight over one man like he's the last one on the planet.

HisSillyRabbit

Val Killhim
Reaction score
Reactions
5,250 69 6
Alleybux
people need to think before they act! i know she had problems, but to the women who are ready to fight in every day life, things often get out of control, and the next thing you know, you've killed someone.

courtneyomg

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
Why oh why do they women go after the other woman when its the MAN they should be going after? The man is the one who was supposed to be faithful to you, not her.

BETonBlack

I Know You Care
Reaction score
Reactions
11,953 109 15
Alleybux
Sometimes the man eggs it on. He tries to purposely stir up drama. I remember a case that happened in Memphis where a man in jail was playing two females. One of the females went to confront the other female with a rope to tie her up and torture her. The other female stabbed her with a knife and killed her. Since it was self defense no charges were filed but the guy in jail was charged with murder.

I have seen guys purposely bring out the worse in a girl. I know a guy who lost his former law license for past allegations of stalking a girl.

sassyfas

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,562 52 17
Alleybux
This poor woman is where she belongs. If she can't live non violently in society and care for her kids, she should be locked up. Better for society and her kids.

nopseudo

Rookie
Reaction score
Reactions
Alleybux
wow So vile. why even attack the other woman. if hes a cheating bastard then let him get the hell on with the new chick. she Wont get no better than you did.

chicollegeguy

OLE' BOY
Reaction score
Reactions
10,707 54 54
Alleybux
So sad indeed. Now this nugga is on to the next one without any consequences. He basically can do as he pleases because both ladies are "Out of the Way"....

Think ladies, PLEASE.