Quantcast

UPDATE Sierra Halseth, 16 & bf Aaron Guerra, 18, are accused of murdering her dad Daniel Halseth: VIDEO posted by them 3 days after the murder

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux

Las Vegas girl, 16, and boyfriend, 18, are arrested in Salt Lake City after they 'stabbed her father to death, tried to dismember his body with a chainsaw, and set fire to his house' - before they drove 400 miles in victim's stolen car​

• Aaron Guerreo, 18, and Sierra Halseth, 16, are facing counts of open murder for the killing of the girl's father, Daniel Halseth, 45
  • Police in Las Vegas say Halseth was stabbed and set on fire, not long after speaking out against his daughter's relationship with Guerrero
  • Sierra and her boyfriend allegedly bought multiple saws and attempted to dismember Halseth's body in his garage
  • They fled in Halseth's stolen car to Salt Lake City, where they were arrested on Tuesday
A 16-year-old girl from Las Vegas and her boyfriend have been accused of murdering and attempting to dismember the teen's father, who had been against their relationship, before fleeing to Salt Lake City in the victim's car.

The suspects, identified in court documents as Sierra Halseth, 16, and Aaron Guerrero, 18, were taken into custody in Utah on Tuesday, where they remained jailed pending their extradition back to Nevada to face counts of open murder in connection with the death of Daniel Halseth.

The incident began unfolding on Friday afternoon, when firefighters responded to a call about a house on fire in the 8400 block of Dunphy Court.

Aaron Guerreo, 18, and Sierra Halseth, 16, are facing counts of open murder for the killing of the girl's father, Daniel Halseth, 45

Daniel Halseth, 45

Aaron Guerreo, 18 (left), and his girlfriend, Sierra Halseth, 16, are facing counts of open murder for the killing of the girl's father, Daniel Halseth, 45 (right)

First responders arrived at Halseth's home in Las Vegas on Friday to find his burnt body in the garage of his fire-damaged home

First responders arrived at Halseth's home in Las Vegas on Friday to find his burnt body in the garage of his fire-damaged home

Police say the suspects had set fire to the property in the 8400 block of Dunphy Court in a bid to cover up the murder, before fleeing to Salt Lake City in the victim's car

Police say the suspects had set fire to the property in the 8400 block of Dunphy Court in a bid to cover up the murder, before fleeing to Salt Lake City in the victim's car

When first responders entered the garage on the property, they found the homeowner's burned body.

The Clark County Coroner's Office on Tuesday positively identified the victim as Danie Halseth and determined that he died from sharp force injuries.

Police said they believe Halseth was stabbed to death before his daughter and her boyfriend set fire to the house.

According to investigators, the duo had bought a chainsaw, a circular saw and a handsaw, and tried to dismember Halseth's body, before torching the home to cover up the crime, reported ABC4.

The two teenagers then allegedly stole the victim's car and some of his money, and drove more than 400 miles to Salt Lake City.

Police said they have obtained surveillance video from several different stores, which they say shows Sierra and her boyfriend purchasing the tools, lighter fluid and bleach.

Sierra and Guerrero are expected to be extradited back to La Vegas, where they would be charged as adults.

A coroner determined that Halseth died from sharp force injuries

The divorced father-of-three was set on fire after his death

A coroner determined that Halseth died from sharp force injuries. The divorced father-of-three was set on fire after his death

Police say Halseth had recently made comments that he did not want Guerrero dating his daughter.

Halseth was previously married to Nevada State Senator Elizabeth Halseth and had three children with her, including Sierra. At the time of his death, he worked as an executive at an IT consulting company.

Halseth was previously married to Nevada State Senator Elizabeth Halseth and had three children with her

Halseth was previously married to Nevada State Senator Elizabeth Halseth and had three children with her

The couple's 11-year marriage was marred by allegations of domestic violence, and ended in a contentious divorce after Halseth pleaded guilty to two counts of coercion and battery, and was sentenced to probation, according to Las Vegas Review-Journal.

Halseth's ex-wife has since remarried and changed her last name to Helgelien.

Helgelien became concerned when she had not heard from Halseth for a while, and called his cellphone on Friday, but he did not pick up, police said. She then contacted her daughter Sierra, who claimed that her father was in the shower, and that his phone was broken.

Helgelien also called a family friend, who came by the house and discovered signs of fire and bloodstains inside the house.

Halseth's family have released a statement to 8NewsNow, saying they were heartbroken.

'We love Daniel beyond words,' the rest of the statement read. 'He loved his children and was an amazing father. We ask for privacy and respect for the family at this time.'

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
I found his Facebook, IG and Tiktok and her IG with only one post left.

He had 3 kids, Dana, Jordan and Sierra.

He was very outdorsy, had lots of friends and enjoyed nature and their cats.

Sierra seemed fine last year when they were out hiking or smth with her dad, grandma and sister.

This is what she says in her IG post, I don't wanna post the link here but you can find it.

It's a songlyric Be Alright by Dean Lewis posted March 15 2021.

I still look back at all the messages you'd sent
And I know it wasn't right, but it was fµck!ng with my head
And everything deleted like the past, yeah, it was gone
And when I touched your face, I could tell you're moving on
But it's not the fact that you kissed him yesterday
It's the feeling of betrayal, that I just can't seem to shake
And everything I know tells me that I should walk away
But I just wanna stay
But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find
But nothing heals the past like time
And they can't steal
The love you're born to find
"I know you love her, but it's over, mate
It doesn't matter, put the phone away
It's never easy to walk away, let her go
It'll be okay
It's gonna hurt for a bit of time
So bottoms up, let's forget tonight
You'll find another and you'll be just fine
Let her go"

chaelili

Et Dieu Créa la femme noire
Reaction score
Reactions
94,057 4,184 346
Alleybux
Jesus! Where do they get the inspiration and courage to do something so vile at that age? I wonder if she’s just a psycho or he was abusing her in some way (since he was accused of domestic violence against his ex wife).

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
I wonder if she’s just a psycho or he was abusing her in some way (since he was accused of domestic violence against his ex wife).

Divorce can bring out the ugly in people, and those allegations came out during the divorce. I think this because the ex-wife was concerned about him. She didn't believe her own daughter, who said he was fine. She called for a welfare check on him.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
found it in a comment on one of her dads IG posts. Look for a pic with him and his daughter Dana I think it was.

Thanks. It's now private, but someone went on the dad's page and asked was this the killer?

Was this the daughter?

This daughter seems to have graduated from high school when Sierra is only 16.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
Looking at the dad's social media, he seemed to love life, family, animals, and nature. I know if I was Sierra's sibling, I would not ever talk to her.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
Thanks. It's now private, but someone went on the dad's page and asked was this the killer?

Was this the daughter?

This daughter seems to have graduated from high school when Sierra is only 16.
His IG is not private but Dana's is, the oldest.

No one asked that.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
Looking at the dad's social media, he seemed to love life, family, animals, and nature. I know if I was Sierra's sibling, I would not ever talk to her.
Thankfully there are 2 siblings left and they have their mom and his family too.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
Dana's was private when i found it. I never saw a comment section.

No, I'm talking about the dad's IG. Is Dana the one with the graduation cake or is that Sierra? Anyway, if you look at the comments under that pic or the other one w/her, it'll say that.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
No, I'm talking about the dad's IG. Is Dana the one with the graduation cake or is that Sierra? Anyway, if you look at the comments under that pic or the other one w/her, it'll say that.
Dana. Jordan will graduate this year and then Sierra.

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
15173751_web1_web-HALSETH-COURT-APR29-21-BT05.jpg

15173751_web1_HALSETH-COURT-APR29-21-BT03.jpg

Teens indicted in slaying of girl’s father​

May 21, 2021

A Las Vegas teenage couple charged in the slaying of the 16-year-old girl’s father recorded video of themselves laughing together after the fatal stabbing, prosecutors said Friday.

Sierra Halseth and her 18-year-old boyfriend, Aaron Guerrero, are accused of killing 45-year-old Daniel Halseth in early April before fleeing to Salt Lake City, where they were later apprehended.

On the girl’s phone, investigators found a video of the teens lying together, Chief Deputy District Attorney Pamela Weckerly said Friday as the two were indicted on charges of murder, conspiracy, arson, robbery and fraudulent use of a credit card.

On video, the two “announce that this is their YouTube channel, and it’s been three days since the murder,” Weckerly told Chief Judge Linda Bell, who ordered the two held without bail. “And they kind of laugh about the fact that Aaron Guerrero committed the murder in exchange for … having xes with Sierra Halseth.”

Daniel Halseth’s body was found badly burned April 9 in the garage of his northwest Las Vegas home, near Durango and Alta drives. It appeared that the killers tried to dismember his body, according to Weckerly.

The living room and backyard of the home had also been burned, the prosecutor said. Throughout the home, investigators found Home Depot and ATM receipts. Surveillance video from Home Depot showed Guerrero buying saws and gloves that were later found inside the Halseth home, Weckerly said, while ATM surveillance video showed Sierra Halseth using her father’s debit cards.

Sierra Halseth and Guerrero dated from June to December but were kept from seeing each other after their parents learned they planned to run away to Los Angeles, according to court documents.

Sierra Halseth and her two older siblings also were at the center of a bitter custody battle between Daniel Halseth and his first ex-wife, former state Sen. Elizabeth Halseth, who remarried and now goes by the name Elizabeth Helgelien.

In August, Daniel Halseth was ordered to return Sierra to her mother’s custody after a judge found that he was in violation of their agreement, records show.

The day before Daniel Halseth’s body was found, Guerrero ran away from home and the teenagers purchased a circular saw, saw blades, bleach, lighter fluid, disposable gloves and drop cloth from stores near the victim’s home, according to police reports.

Guerrero’s attorney, Gabriel Grasso, said he had not read the indictment and declined to comment Friday. Sierra Halseth’s attorney could not immediately be reached for comment.

Soul2Soul

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
36,912 2,179 529
Alleybux
On video, the two “announce that this is their YouTube channel, and it’s been three days since the murder,” Weckerly told Chief Judge Linda Bell, who ordered the two held without bail. “And they kind of laugh about the fact that Aaron Guerrero committed the murder in exchange for … having xes with Sierra Halseth.”

Crazy!

I guess the mother is lucky she wasn't the dead parent, and if I were her, I would just forget about this child.

BeautifulBia

I AM A BILLIONAIRE
Reaction score
Reactions
17,839 926 288
Alleybux
Here's a family pic of them when the kids were young.

The murderer, Sierra, is on the far right. Tbh there's something sinister about her even in this pic.

1623025661916.png

Clara Barton

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
182,162 10,698 4,211
Alleybux
Crazy!

I guess the mother is lucky she wasn't the dead parent, and if I were her, I would just forget about this child.

I would have let them try their starry-eyed, immature dream of making it in LA without high school educations, talent, money, or anything.

We don't need to add to the homeless population.

She would have been back, but no.

They chose murder.

Morticia A

pretty, strange & unusual
Reaction score
Reactions
276,388 14,386 11,150
Alleybux
She definitely does look demonic here. I put my thumb over her and the picture looks so much refreshing.

The murderer, Sierra, is on the far right. Tbh there's something sinister about her even in this pic.

View attachment 2610402

Anyone know what the motive is though

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
She definitely does look demonic here. I put my thumb over her and the picture looks so much refreshing.

Anyone know what the motive is though
So far we only heard it was about him being with her and wanting to have xes with her. xes was his 'reward' for the murder. The dad tried to keep the guy from her which was the right thing to do. He seems straight up psychotic. The way he chokes her and slaps her around a bit tells me she would be a case of domestic violence in the future or she would keep killng with him, either because she's the same or out of fear.

TDOT20

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,417 5,289 298
Alleybux
So weird, did they think they won't get caught? From the video it looks he is I'm control.but she offered him xes to kill her father?

"No bleeding this time, we got through that. " WTH

Swiss Miss

Bishop TD Jakes Head Polish
Reaction score
Reactions
223,783 10,546 3,543
Alleybux
Divorce can bring out the ugly in people, and those allegations came out during the divorce. I think this because the ex-wife was concerned about him. She didn't believe her own daughter, who said he was fine. She called for a welfare check on him.
The ex wife said he tried to rape her on the grounds of it “being her biblical duty”. Even before knowing that I thought he possibly did something to his daughter, he looks like a weirdo.

TDOT20

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,417 5,289 298
Alleybux

View attachment 2610402

The dad also seems to have transformed in terms of appearance from this photo to the recent one,maybe it's just the hair.
It's tempting to think there is more to the story because I can't believe a child could be that callous after murdering her father. However, I don't see any reports of abuse or anything. Wonder what other family members are saying..

TDOT20

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
34,417 5,289 298
Alleybux
I'm about to go down the rabbit hole. A video of them.he posted when younger . She doesn’t look happy. He doesn't seem to post about the others.

Last edited:

Freja

Team Owner
Solutions
Reaction score
Reactions
658,974 274,471 8,222
Alleybux
The ex wife said he tried to rape her on the grounds of it “being her biblical duty”. Even before knowing that I thought he possibly did something to his daughter, he looks like a weirdo.

Not buying it. The ex said that during the messy divorce and custody fight. She only had good things to say about him after the divorce.