Quantcast

Laverne Cox (one of Meghan Markle's Vogue picks) Advocated for a Child Murderer

FutureMD

FLOTUS. Philanthropist. Jack's Wifey.
Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
Vicious Transgender Child Rapist / Murderer Demands xes Change, Freedom: Synthia China Blast | Women Are Human

*Trigger warning*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utica, New York, US – Latin Kings gang member Synthia China Blast (born Luis Morales) held captive, repeatedly raped and brutally tortured Ebony Nicole Williams, a 13-year-old girl from Harlem, according to prosecutors.
Discovering that little Ebony was still alive after Blast had stabbed her repeatedly, fellow gang member Carlos Franco broke the child’s neck. The two men were so brutal that their acts of torture nearly decapitated the girl.
While he was dressed in a skirt, 22-year-old Blast carried and disposed of his young victim’s mutilated body in a Bronx underpass, and set her body on fire.
Blast and Franco bragged about the crime to friends. According to acquaintances, the two Latino men were openly anti-black, and had targeted the child for xesual torture and murder not only because of her xes, but her skin color, as well.
Amused, Blast and co-defendant Franco laughed, smirked and grinned in court throughout the trial, upsetting the victim’s mother.
“The suffering that this poor child went through is beyond belief and puts this crime in the category of monstrous and barbarous,” Bronx Prosecutor William Hrabsky declared.
The two men were convicted of the 1993 crime, and sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Ebony Nicole Williams, here in an undated family photo with her brother, was mercilessly raped, tortured and murdered by Luis Morales, alias Synthia China Blast. (Courtesy: Gender Trender)
Blast Demands Feminizing Hormones & Surgery

In 1999, Blast was granted for his gender transition a prescription for low-level hormones. Dissatisfied, Blast sued the New York Department of Corrections for stronger hormones and gender-affirming surgery. Out of frustration with how long his petition for hormones was pending, Blast attempted to castrate his own genitalia in 2003.
The DOC [Department of Corrections] needs to finish what it started. … Pump somebody with hormones for five years and then you deny me a xes change? If that’s not ‘cruel and unusual punishment,’ then I don’t know what is.
—Synthia China Blast,
New Yorker
Blast Brags of xesual Exploits with Killers

Blast had xes with the most notorious murderers and rapists in the New York prison system, and took great pride in this accomplishment:
It seems that my only attractions are to society’s sickest and most twisted lowlifes. I’m actually hoping to be incarcerated with the Son of Sam so I can sleep with him while awaiting my xes-change outcome in the courts.
—Synthia China Blast,
New Yorker

Synthia China Blast’s and Eddie Seda’s official mug shots. (Credit: New York Department of Corrections via New Yorker)
Blast ultimately entered an exclusive relationship with fellow inmate Eddie Seda, a convicted serial killer who had the goal of murdering one woman for each sign of the Zodiac as homage to his hero, the Zodiac Killer of California. Blast often describes how he lovingly took the 35-year-old serial killer’s virginity.
I met my friend, lover and infamous husband…the NYC Zodiac Serial Killer. My sweet serial killer is a lady’s man now. Only if I was [sic] a real woman I could bring about little future serial killers to terrorize NYC like my husband did. How [New Yorkers] would of [sic] loathed the Zodiac Children.
—Synthia China Blast,
New York Daily News
Trans Rights Activists Fight to Free Blast

Blast has written letters to newspapers over the years, complaining that prison is unpleasant, and describing himself as a “political prisoner.”

Laverne Cox, transgender actor of Orange is the New Black fame, threw his support behind Synthia China Blast, the rapist, xesual torturer and killer of an adolescent black girl. (Courtesy: Curve Mag)
In 2014, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, a legal aid society serving “transgender and non-binary” people, took up Blast’s cause. The organization brought onboard Laverne Cox, a male web television star who identifies as a trans woman, with the aim of drawing public attention to Blast’s interests.
Many third-wave feminist and liberal publications, including Jezebel, Huffington Post and Buzzfeed, have jumped on the bandwagon and continue to support and provide a platform to the effort to free the rapist, torturer and killer of a vulnerable adolescent girl.
Public backlash and a petition for Cox to be fired from his role on the web drama Orange is the New Black compelled Cox to publicly retract his support for Blast. “I believe that Laverne’s decision was not only hypocritical, but it was self-serving,” Blast moaned in a Jezebel interview.
Blast remains in prison. He refuses to admit to rape, torture and murder, claiming that he only assisted his gang brothers after the fact by disposing of the body and cleaning up the crime scene. Blast holds jurors solely responsible for his incarceration. “I was a kid when I came to prison,” he told Jezebel. “I stand convicted because 12 jurors wanted to convict me.”

Thoughts of a Turner Syndrome feminist — Some thoughts for Ebony Nicole Williams

Why have I been so affected by this? Ebony was 13 years old, 4 foot 2 high. She was obviously a highly vulnerable young woman.She suffered appalling xesual and physical violence in her final hours and her body was so badly burnt she could only be identified by dental records.
Yet the horror of what happened to Ebony is immaterial to some. They barely bring themselves to mention her. She was erased in life by Luis Morales and his fans are deliberately erasing her in death

http://defendtranswomen.tumblr.com/post/95512716302/the-facts-about-synthia-china-blast-laverne-coxcheckingoftheprivilegeDOTtumblrDOTcom/post/95531157176/stop-attacking-my-goddess-laverne-cox
What really sticks in my throat is that they accuse women who have brought this to pubic attention of ‘Racism’ when Ebony Nicole Williams was an African American girl African American women and girls, and all women of colour/color struggle enough with being the receiving end of violence. Women of color/Colour are invisible and devalued enough as it is. Violence against women born women is simply invisible to Moarles and Laverne Cox’s defenders
Laverne also advocates for Robert Kosliek, a wife murderer.
'I Am Isolated in a Cell 23 to 24 Hours a Day': An Interview with Trans Inmate Synthia China Blast

Last August, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project (SRLP) launched a petition to pressure New York’s Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) to remove Blast from isolation. In a video released to promote the campaign, Laverne Cox read aloud a letter written by Blast, in which she names the abuses she’s experienced on the inside: spending 23 to 24 hours per day in solitary, receiving insufficient medical treatment, and enduring violence at the hands of guards.
Just days later, Cathy Brennan—a prominent feminist who claims she does not support “irrational discrimination” against trans people but nonetheless has become known for her steadfastly trans-exclusionary views—publicized that Blast had been convicted for the murder of 13-year-old Ebony Williams. “Laverne Cox and the Sylvia Rivera Law Project are offering public support for a man who repeatedly raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl, because the man, Luis Morales, now ‘identifies’ as a woman called Synthia China Blast,” Brennan declaimed on her site. Blast was threatened and insulted online and received hate mail on the inside calling her a freak and a woman hater, according to her and her family.
Blast was never convicted of raping Ebony Williams, and she adamantly denies killing her. Blast told me that she refused to tell prosecutors or police who committed the crime to avoid retaliation from the guilty gang members. Soon after Brennan posted about Blast’s case, Cox asked SRLP to take down the video, saying she never would have read the letter if she had known the nature of the alleged offenses. SRLP complied and subsequently published an explanatory statement. “Supporting any individual person is not about pardoning their crime,” they wrote, “but about protecting the rights of all incarcerated people and ending the use of systematic torture as ‘punishment.’”

graceinspace

libertango leatherette.
Reaction score
Reactions
110,068 7,907 9,311
Alleybux
7756015689d4e66006b62a17e3d00471.jpg

I knew it was only a matter of time before people who hate Transgendered folks would dig up dirt on her and start spreading it...I wasn't wrong cause here we are.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
Vicious Transgender Child Rapist / Murderer Demands xes Change, Freedom: Synthia China Blast | Women Are Human

*Trigger warning*
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Utica, New York, US – Latin Kings gang member Synthia China Blast (born Luis Morales) held captive, repeatedly raped and brutally tortured Ebony Nicole Williams, a 13-year-old girl from Harlem, according to prosecutors.
Discovering that little Ebony was still alive after Blast had stabbed her repeatedly, fellow gang member Carlos Franco broke the child’s neck. The two men were so brutal that their acts of torture nearly decapitated the girl.
While he was dressed in a skirt, 22-year-old Blast carried and disposed of his young victim’s mutilated body in a Bronx underpass, and set her body on fire.
Blast and Franco bragged about the crime to friends. According to acquaintances, the two Latino men were openly anti-black, and had targeted the child for xesual torture and murder not only because of her xes, but her skin color, as well.
Amused, Blast and co-defendant Franco laughed, smirked and grinned in court throughout the trial, upsetting the victim’s mother.
“The suffering that this poor child went through is beyond belief and puts this crime in the category of monstrous and barbarous,” Bronx Prosecutor William Hrabsky declared.
The two men were convicted of the 1993 crime, and sentenced to 25 years to life in prison.

Ebony Nicole Williams, here in an undated family photo with her brother, was mercilessly raped, tortured and murdered by Luis Morales, alias Synthia China Blast. (Courtesy: Gender Trender)

Blast Demands Feminizing Hormones & Surgery

In 1999, Blast was granted for his gender transition a prescription for low-level hormones. Dissatisfied, Blast sued the New York Department of Corrections for stronger hormones and gender-affirming surgery. Out of frustration with how long his petition for hormones was pending, Blast attempted to castrate his own genitalia in 2003.
The DOC [Department of Corrections] needs to finish what it started. … Pump somebody with hormones for five years and then you deny me a xes change? If that’s not ‘cruel and unusual punishment,’ then I don’t know what is.
—Synthia China Blast,

Blast Brags of xesual Exploits with Killers

Blast had xes with the most notorious murderers and rapists in the New York prison system, and took great pride in this accomplishment:
It seems that my only attractions are to society’s sickest and most twisted lowlifes. I’m actually hoping to be incarcerated with the Son of Sam so I can sleep with him while awaiting my xes-change outcome in the courts.
—Synthia China Blast,

Synthia China Blast’s and Eddie Seda’s official mug shots. (Credit: New York Department of Corrections via New Yorker)

Blast ultimately entered an exclusive relationship with fellow inmate Eddie Seda, a convicted serial killer who had the goal of murdering one woman for each sign of the Zodiac as homage to his hero, the Zodiac Killer of California. Blast often describes how he lovingly took the 35-year-old serial killer’s virginity.
I met my friend, lover and infamous husband…the NYC Zodiac Serial Killer. My sweet serial killer is a lady’s man now. Only if I was [sic] a real woman I could bring about little future serial killers to terrorize NYC like my husband did. How [New Yorkers] would of [sic] loathed the Zodiac Children.
—Synthia China Blast,

Trans Rights Activists Fight to Free Blast

Blast has written letters to newspapers over the years, complaining that prison is unpleasant, and describing himself as a “political prisoner.”
Laverne Cox, transgender actor of Orange is the New Black fame, threw his support behind Synthia China Blast, the rapist, xesual torturer and killer of an adolescent black girl. (Courtesy: Curve Mag)

In 2014, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project, a legal aid society serving “transgender and non-binary” people, took up Blast’s cause. The organization brought onboard Laverne Cox, a male web television star who identifies as a trans woman, with the aim of drawing public attention to Blast’s interests.
Many third-wave feminist and liberal publications, including Jezebel, Huffington Post and Buzzfeed, have jumped on the bandwagon and continue to support and provide a platform to the effort to free the rapist, torturer and killer of a vulnerable adolescent girl.
Public backlash and a petition for Cox to be fired from his role on the web drama Orange is the New Black compelled Cox to publicly retract his support for Blast. “I believe that Laverne’s decision was not only hypocritical, but it was self-serving,” Blast moaned in a Jezebel interview.
Blast remains in prison. He refuses to admit to rape, torture and murder, claiming that he only assisted his gang brothers after the fact by disposing of the body and cleaning up the crime scene. Blast holds jurors solely responsible for his incarceration. “I was a kid when I came to prison,” he told Jezebel. “I stand convicted because 12 jurors wanted to convict me.”

Thoughts of a Turner Syndrome feminist — Some thoughts for Ebony Nicole Williams

Why have I been so affected by this? Ebony was 13 years old, 4 foot 2 high. She was obviously a highly vulnerable young woman.She suffered appalling xesual and physical violence in her final hours and her body was so badly burnt she could only be identified by dental records.
Yet the horror of what happened to Ebony is immaterial to some. They barely bring themselves to mention her. She was erased in life by Luis Morales and his fans are deliberately erasing her in death

http://defendtranswomen.tumblr.com/post/95512716302/the-facts-about-synthia-china-blast-laverne-coxcheckingoftheprivilegeDOTtumblrDOTcom/post/95531157176/stop-attacking-my-goddess-laverne-cox
What really sticks in my throat is that they accuse women who have brought this to pubic attention of ‘Racism’ when Ebony Nicole Williams was an African American girl African American women and girls, and all women of colour/color struggle enough with being the receiving end of violence. Women of color/Colour are invisible and devalued enough as it is. Violence against women born women is simply invisible to Moarles and Laverne Cox’s defenders
Laverne also advocates for Robert Kosliek, a wife murderer.
'I Am Isolated in a Cell 23 to 24 Hours a Day': An Interview with Trans Inmate Synthia China Blast

Last August, the Sylvia Rivera Law Project (SRLP) launched a petition to pressure New York’s Department of Corrections and Community Supervision (DOCCS) to remove Blast from isolation. In a video released to promote the campaign, Laverne Cox read aloud a letter written by Blast, in which she names the abuses she’s experienced on the inside: spending 23 to 24 hours per day in solitary, receiving insufficient medical treatment, and enduring violence at the hands of guards.
Just days later, Cathy Brennan—a prominent feminist who claims she does not support “irrational discrimination” against trans people but nonetheless has become known for her steadfastly trans-exclusionary views—publicized that Blast had been convicted for the murder of 13-year-old Ebony Williams. “Laverne Cox and the Sylvia Rivera Law Project are offering public support for a man who repeatedly raped and murdered a 13-year-old girl, because the man, Luis Morales, now ‘identifies’ as a woman called Synthia China Blast,” Brennan declaimed on her site. Blast was threatened and insulted online and received hate mail on the inside calling her a freak and a woman hater, according to her and her family.
Blast was never convicted of raping Ebony Williams, and she adamantly denies killing her. Blast told me that she refused to tell prosecutors or police who committed the crime to avoid retaliation from the guilty gang members. Soon after Brennan posted about Blast’s case, Cox asked SRLP to take down the video, saying she never would have read the letter if she had known the nature of the alleged offenses. SRLP complied and subsequently published an explanatory statement. “Supporting any individual person is not about pardoning their crime,” they wrote, “but about protecting the rights of all incarcerated people and ending the use of systematic torture as ‘punishment.’”

It literally says in one of the sources you linked that Laverne Cox asked for the video of her reading Blast's letter to be taken down and that she never would have advocated for her if she knew the charges brought against Blast. Using Laverne Cox's name as if she presently advocates for that person is more than a little disingenuous.

BadBadGirl

I'M AN OBSESSION
Reaction score
Reactions
365,324 22,124 24,942
Alleybux
It literally says in one of the sources you linked that Laverne Cox asked for the video of her reading Blast's letter to be taken down and that she never would have advocated for her if she knew the charges brought against Blast. Using Laverne Cox's name as if she presently advocates for that person is more than a little disingenuous.

Laverne Cox should've done her research before promoting the piece of sh!t. Stop making excuses for her.

MrsKlayThompson

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
39,433 714 248
Alleybux
View attachment 959009

I knew it was only a matter of time before people who hate Transgendered folks would dig up dirt on her and start spreading it...I wasn't wrong cause here we are.

So what is your opinion on the crime?

I did wonder why this was brought up again (this was discussed at length here), but the fact remains that Laverne was a tone deaf dumbass for not researching the nature of the crime before throwing her blind support. Given her recent comments I'm not sure criticisms of her are unwarranted. I find her problematic.

As for that sociopathic Blast b!tch, may she rot then burn in hell

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
Laverne Cox should've done her research before promoting the piece of sh!t. Stop making excuses for her.

I'm sure Laverne Cox would agree with you. She admitted she was wrong and withdrew support. She can't change the past so what is the point of what you're doing now? This is such old news I have to question why you thought it was necessary to do all this in the latter half of 2019?

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
It says advocatED. Past tense. Laverne did that crap and I will forever hold it against them.

Ebony Nicole Williams

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
It says advocatED. Past tense. Laverne did that crap and I will forever hold it against them.

Ebony Nicole Williams

Why are you repeating what I said?

And that's fine if you want to hold it against someone even if they admitted they were wrong and changed their behavior. All I am saying is it's ridiculous to bring this up in 2019 as though she is presently advocating for that person.

Like....what's the point.

Butterfield8

Phenomenal Woman, That’s ME!
Reaction score
Reactions
132,619 4,935 3,034
Alleybux
First off! That was a MAN that raped and killed that precious baby. So nobody call that with female pronouns.

Woman DON’T penetrate that thing used his penis.

That MAN should get the death penalty and burn in Hell b!tch!

As for Laverne, I wasn’t aware of this situation until LSA brought it up a year or two ago. Ever since than I don’t like Laverne. She should had done more research into whose she’s advocating for. Apart of me doesn’t believe that she didn’t and is lying now to save face.

Laverne is problematic as F for me.

As an ally to the LGBTQ community I find it’s hard to route for her. I will always respect her as what she identifies as. But, I don’t respect her in this and the bleaching.

This man is scum and this is disgusting and should never get out. Unless it’s in a body bag to the morgue.

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
Why are you repeating what I said?

And that's fine if you want to hold it against someone even if they admitted they were wrong and changed their behavior. All I am saying is it's ridiculous to bring this up in 2019 as though she is presently advocating for that person.

Like....what's the point.
really.
Using Laverne Cox's name as if she presently advocates for that person is more than a little disingenuous.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux

Okay...so why are you using Laverne Cox's name as though she presently supports that person. The title to your thread says "advocated" but you have no reason to bring this up as she isn't doing that presently and apologized for what she did.

The only reason anyone would bring this up now is as some sort of "gotcha" targeted towards trans women or Meghan Markle.

She apologized and withdrew support, she admitted she made a mistake. What more do you really want her to do?

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
Okay...so why are you using Laverne Cox's name as though she presently supports that person. The title to your thread says "advocated" but you have no reason to bring this up as she isn't doing that presently and apologized for what she did.

The only reason anyone would bring this up now is as some sort of "gotcha" targeted towards trans women or Meghan Markle.

She apologized and withdrew support, she admitted she made a mistake. What more do you really want her to do?
I am simply informing the public. Do what thou wilt with the information.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
I am simply informing the public. Do what thou wilt with the information.

Yeah it's very innocent to present 4 year old information about someone already the target of violence as though it is neutral.

Also, you're a person on LSA not a reliable news source please stop being facetious and using the murder of a child as another reason to be transmisogynistic.

cinnamon buns

No Worries
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
145,768 10,682 23,893
Alleybux
But shouldn't Laverne had looked into what this disgusting monster did to this girl before attaching her name to him.

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
Yeah it's very innocent to present 4 year old information about someone already the target of violence as though it is neutral.

Also, you're a person on LSA not a reliable news source please stop being facetious and using the murder of a child as another reason to be transmisogynistic.
Oh please. Maybe if Laverne used their brain we wouldn't be talking about this, but here we are. I advocate for black children, not men in dresses who think it cool to murder people and pretend it never happened for brownie points. Ebony never had that luxury.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
But shouldn't Laverne had looked into what this disgusting monster did to this girl before attaching her name to him.

Oh my god yes she should have hence the fact that she rescinded support hence the fact that she apologized because she made a mistake like...do you not understand what a mistake is?

I'm sure she just wanted to support ostensibly what appeared to be another trans woman being mistreated in prison. She made a mistake so she fessed up to it and apologized like? What else is there for her to do? Build a time machine and not make this mistake so people on LSA won't be upset and hold it against her?

cinnamon buns

No Worries
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
145,768 10,682 23,893
Alleybux
OAN I remember this story. Ebonys' parents failed her. The poor girl went missing and noone contacted authorities. When her body was discovered it took a while for it to be identified. I remember reading that Ebony used to be teased by classmates, she was a run away, and used to stay out in the streets late at night. The whole story was heartbreaking.

Aquarian87

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
56,366 1,625 268
Alleybux
Ebony Nicole Williams.

That's not the first time LC has taken up for a killer and it won't be the last.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
Oh please. Maybe if Laverne used their brain we wouldn't be talking about this, but here we are. I advocate for black children, not men in dresses who think it cool to murder people and pretend it never happened for brownie points. Ebony never had that luxury.

I'm sure your advocating for black children includes black trans children. Please your bias is as clear as day. In the fact that you refuse to use the correct pronouns for Laverne Cox and the way you refer to trans women "men in dresses..etc."

Ebony's death was an unnecessary act of violence and Laverne Cox should have looked more into it but she didn't and she apologized. The world isn't made because of "should haves" it is what it is. Either you move past her making a mistake or don't Don't use her mistake as a way to be transmisogynistic.

cinnamon buns

No Worries
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
145,768 10,682 23,893
Alleybux
Oh my god yes she should have hence the fact that she rescinded support hence the fact that she apologized because she made a mistake like...do you not understand what a mistake is?

I'm sure she just wanted to support ostensibly what appeared to be another trans woman being mistreated in prison. She made a mistake so she fessed up to it and apologized like? What else is there for her to do? Build a time machine and not make this mistake so people on LSA won't be upset and hold it against her?
How about helping trans people that are not in prison ?

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
How about helping trans people that are not in prison ?

There are quite a number of trans women in prison who are there due to simply living their lives and being victims of hate crimes and fought back is self-defense ( for example CeCe McDonald) there are trans women in jail for using drugs or being forced into xes work as they have little to no other options to support themselves. Like everyone in jail isn't guilty and it isn't like prisons in the US are rehabilitative anyway. There are numerous reasons to advocate for imprisoned people especially imprisoned trans women who go through untold kinds of violence on top of the violence already inherent to the prison system in the US.

Legs

Don’t talk to me. Thanks.
Reaction score
Reactions
444,349 11,279 1,506
Alleybux
Thank you, but I made this thread in light of Laverne's recent Vogue cover, made to honor their "work" by the Duchess of Sussex.

I know. I linked that so people could go back and read it and so they can't say this is something that was "just" brought up.

cinnamon buns

No Worries
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
145,768 10,682 23,893
Alleybux
There are quite a number of trans women in prison who are there due to simply living their lives and being victims of hate crimes and fought back is self-defense ( for example CeCe McDonald) there are trans women in jail for using drugs or being forced into xes work as they have little to no other options to support themselves. Like everyone in jail isn't guilty and it isn't like prisons in the US are rehabilitative anyway. There are numerous reasons to advocate for imprisoned people especially imprisoned trans women who go through untold kinds of violence on top of the violence already inherent to the prison system in the US.
There are folks in prison that shouldn't be there but how about focusing on decent trans people that don't break the law?

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
I'm sure your advocating for black children includes black trans children. Please your bias is as clear as day. In the fact that you refuse to use the correct pronouns for Laverne Cox and the way you refer to trans women "men in dresses..etc."

Ebony's death was an unnecessary act of violence and Laverne Cox should have looked more into it but she didn't and she apologized. The world isn't made because of "should haves" it is what it is. Either you move past her making a mistake or don't Don't use her mistake as a way to be transmisogynistic.
tenor.gif

You can advocate for Laverne elsewhere.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
There are folks in prison that shouldn't be there but how about focusing on decent trans people that don't break the law?

I'm sure you've probably "broken the law" going over the speed limit to work. Like...what's your point there are several victimless crimes that people are arrested for that overwhelmingly target marginalized people. There are very rarely "perfect victims".

Why shouldn't a trans woman who plays an incarcerated trans woman do advocacy work for...incarcerated trans women? Like. What? Breaking the law does not automatically make someone not decent just like how not breaking the law doesn't automatically make someone "decent" what kind of logic are you using?

You think everyone who is not locked up is somehow a "good person" and that everyone in prison is somehow irredeemable? This is what is meant by "American prisons disappear problems instead of solving them." People in prison are still people and still have rights they shouldn't just be disposed of and forgotten because they got caught breaking the law. That's why so many prisons have such deplorable conditions now, because we stop treating prisoners as people.

Butterfield8

Phenomenal Woman, That’s ME!
Reaction score
Reactions
132,619 4,935 3,034
Alleybux
I'm sure you've probably "broken the law" going over the speed limit to work. Like...what's your point there are several victimless crimes that people are arrested for that overwhelmingly target marginalized people. There are very rarely "perfect victims".

Why shouldn't a trans woman who plays an incarcerated trans woman do advocacy work for...incarcerated trans women? Like. What? Breaking the law does not automatically make someone not decent just like how not breaking the law doesn't automatically make someone "decent" what kind of logic are you using?

You think everyone who is not locked up is somehow a "good person" and that everyone in prison is somehow irredeemable? This is what is meant by "American prisons disappear problems instead of solving them." People in prison are still people and still have rights they shouldn't just be disposed of and forgotten because they got caught breaking the law. That's why so many prisons have such deplorable conditions now, because we stop treating prisoners as people.

What does that have to do with the fact Laverne didn’t even educate herself on someone she was advocating for.. What kind of sh!t is that? I’m all for black People but I be damned if I go up there and advocate for a black man that was accused of raping and murdering a CHILD that’s a F up logic.

Laverne only stopped with this case because of the public bringing it up.

Yung waldo

General Manager
BANNED
Reaction score
Reactions
14,481 1,002 1,347
Alleybux

I hear what you’re saying but L.C. gave a half assed apology after being informed multiple times about this monster. She posted her apology on tumblr. With her celebrity status and promoting this monster she gave her a platform to harrass and bully the people she hurt when she was free on the streets.

FutureMD

Reaction score
Reactions
166,850 5,303 1,347
Alleybux
Trigger warning again
------------------------
Laverne reading the letter.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux
What does that have to do with the fact Laverne didn’t even educate herself on someone she was advocating for.. What kind of sh!t is that? I’m all for black People but I be damned if I go up there and advocate for a black man that was accused of raping and murdering a CHILD that’s a F up logic.

I wasn't even responding to you or what you're saying. I have said numerous times she should have educated herself before doing what she did but she didn't so she apologized and withdrew support. If she knew about what Blast was accused of beforehand it would be a different story but she didn't she made a mistake. What more do you want to happen here honestly?

Iron_Dolly

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
52,650 1,071 557
Alleybux

Exactly, the fact that Laverne didn't bother to do research should tell people that she didn't give a fµck what they did as long as she supported a transwoman. These people are in prison, common sense should tell you that you should look up the crimes they committed to before supporting.

capy96

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
11,660 419 1,921
Alleybux