Quantcast

Law and Order SVU Season 22 Discussion Thread - Starts 12th Nov

VAPearl

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
75,968 1,895 280
Alleybux
Just finished watching. I didn’t like how they over complicated the situation to make excuses for the behavior of cops. It usually doesn’t play out like this in real life. I wish they would have focused the episode more on the black guy and the Karen who called the cops, considering these unnecessary 911 calls are a huge problem without consequence.

But I did love how the black interviewer read benson for FILTH!!!

giphy.gif
I was so afraid the black guy was going to get shot and killed by a cop in the beginning.

7thSense

Loot Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
121,524 1,961 303
Alleybux
I don't know when this show is going to be new again thanks to Stabler's spin-off coming up, but I will note what kept this show alive after he left: ADA Barba and the recurring antagonistic defense attorneys. There were two, a lady who was on a few episodes ago and a guy who looked like John Goodman. They represented the worst perps and didn't give a damn. And they usually won their cases. Barba was able to bounce off that energy. All good actors that made the courtroom scenes the best part of the episodes.

If Carisi can't do that, they need to put him back into the squad room.

Last edited:

CandleCrazii

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,346 3,237 46
Alleybux
I don't know when this show is going to be new again thanks to Stabler's spin-off coming up, but I will note what kept this show alive after he left: ADA Barba and the recurring antagonistic defense attorneys. There were two, a lady who was on a few episodes ago and a guy who looked like John Goodman. They represented the worst perps and didn't give a damn. And they usually won their cases. Barba was able to bounce off that energy. All good actors that made the courtroom scenes the best part of the episodes.

If Carisi can't do that, they need to put it back into the squad room.

Mmmm Barba! I agree with you. The worse the other side got the better Barba got.

ProprioBella

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
48,252 1,164 401
Alleybux
I’m watching a re-run from Nov 2020.

This chick Irena is SO UNLIKEABLE. Why were the kids calling both men (ex husband and abusive boyfirend) “Daddy”.

This shown has has fallen off so much.

Justa

Facsimile of God | Megan Thee Samaritan
Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
It's been so long between episodes, I hate feening for more.

7thSense

Loot Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
121,524 1,961 303
Alleybux
the season over or somethin? When was the last time a NEW episode came on ? Lol

According to Wikipedia it will be back for 2 weeks starting next week. Then go another break until sometime in March. They're trying to line it up to cross over with Stabler's spinoff that premieres April 1st.

Ayanami Rei

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
95,610 2,098 285
Alleybux
Pretty good episode so far. Not sure what’s up with this Sgt. Moldovan or whatever.

The entire Brooklyn or Bronx SVU (can’t remember which borough) seems weird.

Spiritedaway

#GoodVibes
Reaction score
Reactions
35,724 367 41
Alleybux
Just watched. Interesting turn but all the characters in the Bronx district felt very flat to me. Even Moldovan. The acting was super dry and I hope they do not come back.

7thSense

Loot Queen
Reaction score
Reactions
121,524 1,961 303
Alleybux
This episode was good. I like that we got to see how another SVU unit works (like Chicago Fire we get to see other fire houses) and it's refreshing to see that not every other department works as hard as NYC's. I agree the character's felt flat (especially the chick in charge) but the way it ended, it seems we will see her and Ruz again in another storyline, which I don't mind.

GQ2006

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
74,768 4,411 3,286
Alleybux
Is Anabela Sciorra unwell? She looked awful this episode. Hope she's not sick.

Justa

Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
Lol the end of the episode has me worried for Detective Kat. I think she's quite cool lol i like her demeanour. I hope they incorporate more of her into the show.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,253 13,229 3,429
Alleybux
This series has hit rock bottom. They have no new ideas, the writing is lazy and the cast has less and less chemistry.

Victoria Baker Harber

I'm not seasonal. I'm a fµck!ng timeless classic.
Reaction score
Reactions
70,585 2,255 110
Alleybux
This series has hit rock bottom. They have no new ideas, the writing is lazy and the cast has less and less chemistry.

The first episode I watched this season was this past 8th episode. I feel like this show has been going downhill for some time with its storylines and the acting.

Miza

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
328,253 13,229 3,429
Alleybux
The first episode I watched this season was this past 8th episode. I feel like this show has been going downhill for some time with its storylines and the acting.

I don't like Carisi in the role as ADA...he's not convincing.

They need another male detective and, I've never like Amanda or her story lines.

Bring back Munch...

Reaction score
Reactions
333,505 6,231 5,652
Alleybux
Watching the latest episode now.

I’m not a fan of this one. I don’t like that they’ve split this episode between three different cases. It feels very unorganized and jumbled.

anonyme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
61,695 5,455 433
Alleybux
So I ended up watching the episodes today and I like the organized crime show with stabler better than SVU.

anonyme

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
61,695 5,455 433
Alleybux
Anyone else watching ? So far i'm wondering why all of the tension between El and Liv!
the tension is from the way he left without telling her. but I did notice on the organized crime show he was definitely much more relaxed and connected with the characters.

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
Anyone else watching ? So far i'm wondering why all of the tension between El and Liv!
Since Kathy is dead, I’m just waiting on Liv to finally swoop in on Elliot. Their onscreen chemistry has always screamed more than partners.

CandleCrazii

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
70,346 3,237 46
Alleybux
Since Kathy is dead, I’m just waiting on Liv to finally swoop in on Elliot. Their onscreen chemistry has always screamed more than partners.
If this happens it will take a WHILE. She was mad at him in the episode of Organized Crime, which happens timewise after Kathy died. She was trying to accept his apology but she can sense he is hiding something/lying and her face and attitude changed.

They are on different shows now so that romance would have to mean crossover episodes, so I don't see it happening at all in the first season of OC.

MrsKWD35

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
4,882 486 124
Alleybux
If this happens it will take a WHILE. She was mad at him in the episode of Organized Crime, which happens timewise after Kathy died. She was trying to accept his apology but she can sense he is hiding something/lying and her face and attitude changed.

They are on different shows now so that romance would have to mean crossover episodes, so I don't see it happening at all in the first season of OC.
I completely agree with you. I don’t see them connecting romantically this season. But the viewers want it to happen so I can see them crossing over again.

Noni Jean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,719 552 62
Alleybux
I believe they kissed in one scene.
Ooooh. What episode was this?

Anyone watch this week’s episode? A few things...

This week’s criminal case was absolutely frightening. Stalked and kidnapped by white supremacists. Forced to perform xes acts on film. Auctioned off on the dark web. Just horrifying! I’m surprised the guy gave up so easily.

I wanted to slap the sh!t out of that guy’s racist wife! TRASH!

The convo between Liv and Fin...when Fin told her that he told Stabler that Liv had been in a long term relationship with someone (Tucker)...was interesting. Why is Liv’s relationship such a big deal? I feel like they’re making it a big deal because we all know there is something between those two.

Caresi has a new black love interest. Smart, beautiful and comes for the NYPD. I wonder if they’ll last while and what Amanda will say when she finds out? And where is she anyway? I get that she left for a family emergency, but is the actress who plays her out for some reason?

I got a little nervous when Olivia was talking to the guy suing the department. I appreciated her honesty and transparency but didn’t know he he would be trustworthy. Glad he ended up pushing for reform as part of his settlement.

What did Kat get promoted to?

Lilac80330

Act up and I'll tell you to go to bed!
Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
The convo between Liv and Fin...when Fin told her that he told Stabler that Liv had been in a long term relationship with someone (Tucker)...was interesting. Why is Liv’s relationship such a big deal? I feel like they’re making it a big deal because we all know there is something between those two.

I hadn't watched SVU since the crossover event introducing Elliot's show. So, I didn't know that Finn had told her he had mentioned her previous relationship with Tucker. I figure the reason he didn't tell him was because Elliot would have had a much harder time accepting it than Liv since obviously Liv dated Tucker for a significant amount of time. I also figure Elliot would have had a hard time with it because he clearly felt what Tucker always put them through was personal. And clearly Elliot and Tucker never had any sort of resolution to their differences as far as I can tell.

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,098 9,403 8,044
Alleybux
The last episode I saw was the one where that black kid was accused of raping and killing that white girl he was working with at some diner and ended up tortured, castrated and lynched by white supremacists. I really hate this writing team and I don't understand why they haven't been fired yet. I thought that after last season, that would be it for them cause the ratings had to have dropped but I can tell it's still the same folks doing the writing! They ruined my favorite show. This episode was the laziest, most lacking in depth script I've ever seen, which is shocking for such an explosive, volatile and highly sensitive subject matter (especially in the current climate). The intro was strong but then it was downhill from there. And I noticed that whenever something racial happens in an episode, they now make sure that Fin is the hostile character towards the black protagonist in some way, the one who pushes to jam up an innocent black suspect or to comfort a white colleague in telling him/her that he/she has nothing to feel guilty about in terms of racial bias and just did their job. I feel that the writers basically use Fin's character to assuage their white guilt and it pisses me off! And the new characters, Kat and that Jewish detective with the huge nose, talk about mediocre characters! What are they even doing on the show... And Carisi's character has changed direction twice since he was first introduced, his story doesn't make sense at this point. Can't buy his character anymore. Even Olivia is boring as hell now. The way she obstructed the door of that white supremacist and told him to get his hand off her but sounding and looking like a trendy marketing department worker who lives on café latté and smoked salmon bagels, lol.
I barely watch that show anymore. Used to be that I made it a date with my TV but now when I catch an episode, it's usually because I happen to be using the remote at that time. This show is done. It's lost its authenticity and its grit and now sounds like it's written by a team of bored Upper West Side Jewish Housewives, lol. They need to wrap it up.

Noni Jean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,719 552 62
Alleybux
I hadn't watched SVU since the crossover event introducing Elliot's show. So, I didn't know that Finn had told her he had mentioned her previous relationship with Tucker. I figure the reason he didn't tell him was because Elliot would have had a much harder time accepting it than Liv since obviously Liv dated Tucker for a significant amount of time. I also figure Elliot would have had a hard time with it because he clearly felt what Tucker always put them through was personal. And clearly Elliot and Tucker never had any sort of resolution to their differences as far as I can tell.
So do we think Elliot has some feelings for her? I know the wife just passed but I’m thinking these feelings (if they exist) have been there.

Can’t wait until it comes out who she dated. Won’t have as big an impact tho since Tucker is dead.

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
So do we think Elliot has some feelings for her? I know the wife just passed but I’m thinking these feelings (if they exist) have been there.

Can’t wait until it comes out who she dated. Won’t have as big an impact tho since Tucker is dead.

I think he genuinely had just a friendship with her when the series started. But I think overtime, and especially when he and his wife were having that marital trouble, he realized he had some hidden feelings for her. I think moreso now that his wife is dead. But I do think Liv always knew she had some feelings for him. She just never did anything because he was married. Or in the case of when he and Kathy had gotten a divorce, he was clearly still hung up on Kathy. I'm glad the writers never wrote it so she would do anything about those feelings tho.

And I think it'll still be a big impact when he finds out she dated Tucker. It'll probably be an even bigger impact because now he can't even go beat the guy up who he always felt had a personal vendetta against him (I always get the vibe in these cop shows/movies that IAB gets the wrap it's always a personal vendetta against the cops they investigate, regardless of if the allegations they are investigating are founded or not). And we all know this dude is just ITCHING to go beat the snot outta someone. And Tucker would have been a perfect excuse to go do that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Now he won't have that excuse because A. he's dead and B. he had cancer if I'm not mistaken. So, it's a double whammy!

Noni Jean

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
39,719 552 62
Alleybux
I think he genuinely had just a friendship with her when the series started. But I think overtime, and especially when he and his wife were having that marital trouble, he realized he had some hidden feelings for her. I think moreso now that his wife is dead. But I do think Liv always knew she had some feelings for him. She just never did anything because he was married. Or in the case of when he and Kathy had gotten a divorce, he was clearly still hung up on Kathy. I'm glad the writers never wrote it so she would do anything about those feelings tho.

And I think it'll still be a big impact when he finds out she dated Tucker. It'll probably be an even bigger impact because now he can't even go beat the guy up who he always felt had a personal vendetta against him (I always get the vibe in these cop shows/movies that IAB gets the wrap it's always a personal vendetta against the cops they investigate, regardless of if the allegations they are investigating are founded or not). And we all know this dude is just ITCHING to go beat the snot outta someone. And Tucker would have been a perfect excuse to go do that :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: Now he won't have that excuse because A. he's dead and B. he had cancer if I'm not mistaken. So, it's a double whammy!
I agree about Liv probably having feelings all along and Elliot’s growing over time. It’s not uncommon for partners to fall for each other so it’s definitely not a stretch for those feelings to be there. But I appreciate they didn’t act on them.

I wish Tucker was still alive. Could you imagine Elliot finding out they were a couple and then Tucker coming in to investigate Elliot in his new role?! WHEW! The drama!!!

Lilac80330

Reaction score
Reactions
64,800 1,089 117
Alleybux
I wish Tucker was still alive. Could you imagine Elliot finding out they were a couple and then Tucker coming in to investigate Elliot in his new role?! WHEW! The drama!!!

I wish Tucker were still alive too. Even if it's so Elliot can give him a proper ass whooping that he deserved for coming at them sideways all those times over all those years.

Justa

Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
Ooooh. What episode was this?

Anyone watch this week’s episode? A few things...

This week’s criminal case was absolutely frightening. Stalked and kidnapped by white supremacists. Forced to perform xes acts on film. Auctioned off on the dark web. Just horrifying! I’m surprised the guy gave up so easily.

I wanted to slap the sh!t out of that guy’s racist wife! TRASH!

Caresi has a new black love interest. Smart, beautiful and comes for the NYPD. I wonder if they’ll last while and what Amanda will say when she finds out? And where is she anyway? I get that she left for a family emergency, but is the actress who plays her out for some reason?

I got a little nervous when Olivia was talking to the guy suing the department. I appreciated her honesty and transparency but didn’t know he he would be trustworthy. Glad he ended up pushing for reform as part of his settlement.

What did Kat get promoted to?
i felt sick and horrified watching the episode opener. traumatizsed.

Kat got promoted to a detective.

Justa

Reaction score
Reactions
285,318 4,977 407
Alleybux
the start of this corona episode seriously depressed me. i hate the flashbacks to last year.