Quantcast

Legit Remote/Work from Home Opportunities

ria0104

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
19,188 348 105
Alleybux
Anyone ever actually gotten any remote jobs? I have been trying for a long time and I just get rejected or don't hear anything back. I am now trying to start a micro school out of my home because I want to be able to provide my son and other children like him, an individualized education.
Yeah it took me forever, but I finally was able to. I found one last year and a second remote job this year.

Found both jobs through Indeed, but I applied on the company websites and I was able to secure them. The job search was definitely a struggle, but grateful that its worked out so far...

Best advice I could give is to keep searching, no matter how tiring and redundant it is. And make sure to tailor your resume, so that it matches up to what you are applying to.

And apply to as many jobs as you can. Even if you get rejections or no responses; who knows, maybe at least one or two might respond back to you with something positive.

That's what happened to me; I applied to dozens of jobs weekly (and trust me, I was exhausted) but then finally got the interview and the subsequent job offers.

Yummi19

Somethin in the milk ain't clean
Reaction score
Reactions
6,785 515 11
Alleybux

jheri

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
86,659 11,987 331
Alleybux
Anyone ever actually gotten any remote jobs? I have been trying for a long time and I just get rejected or don't hear anything back. I am now trying to start a micro school out of my home because I want to be able to provide my son and other children like him, an individualized education.
yes i got hired by 2 this year.

imo going for jobs where they are hiring large groups rather than just 1 person is gonna get u more results for entry level positions.

Felixthecat

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
20,379 751 625
Alleybux
I'd check out Centene corporation. They place ads looking for remote.
Link to corp website. They do medical payment compliance, processing etc.

HollySmith94

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
45,692 1,321 60
Alleybux
I'll contribute since I shockingly haven't seen these posted in here.

Careers | Maximus $21.64/hr make sure to PAY ATTENTION during training

AmerisourceBergen Global Careers - Healthier Futures Start Here! Patient Access jobs $20.50/hr , equipment is sent to you & you pick your hours.
Are you a QA? If so, can I message you?

Last edited:

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,864 686 193
Alleybux
Quick question, anyone that's done a WFH that provided training, how have the training sessions been done? on zoom or something else? or a combo of various methods?

Pink Whitney

*Life is prettier in pink*
Reaction score
Reactions
14,624 12,303 34
Alleybux

Rat Race Rebellion website.
Thanks for the WAH job queen link. I started viewing the site daily and signed up for her email alerts. I learned that you have to be pretty quick about applying for some of the jobs because the link is sometimes no longer working if you wait too long. I was seeking a part time work from home to bring in some extra funds and saw a CSR position a week or so ago. Took the assessment and was offered the job. Training should start soon. Again, thanks for posting the link as I had not heard of her site before!

Last edited:

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Thanks for the WAH job queen link. I started viewing the site daily and signed up for her email alerts. I learned that you have to be pretty quick about applying for some of the jobs because the link is sometimes no longer working if you wait too long. I was seeking a part time work from home to bring in some extra funds and saw a CSR position a week or so ago. Took the assessment and was offered the job. Training should start soon. Again, thanks for posting the link as I had not heard of her site before!
Congratulations!

Also keep in mind that the links may change. I did a few from that site and the links would be invalid but I just searched the company's site and the same jobs would be available.

DABOOKADDICT

"Still Unsure"....
Reaction score
Reactions
11,228 478 401
Alleybux
These are customer service/ technical rep positions. They usually hire ANYBODY as long as you have a clean background, basic computer skills, professional voice etiquette, internet, homephone
etc. All of the interviews are on SKYPE etc.

No Startup costs:

Sykes.com: This is one of my favorite companys. They allow you to choose which company you want to work for(walmart, xbox, ancestry.com, pizza hut, clothing stores etc). The pay is usually 9+ after training. There are no start up costs. If you dont have the equipment they ask for, its ok. They provide the equipment before training. If you need to pass the assessments just do it from a friend/family members equipment if you have to. (NEVER TELL THEM YOU DONT HAVE THE EQUIPMENT. THEY WILL PROVIDE IT!!!!)Set work schedule

Sitel.com: Ive done 3 campaigns for them so far(starbucks,intuit and toys r us). The downside is you never know what company you are applying for until after the Interview. This is the EASIEST company to get hired for. Equipment is shipped before training. No start up costs. Set work schedule

Kelly services: They usually hire for Apple. Once you pass the assessments you choose the interview date/ time. They start at 12+ Set work schedule

Start up Costs:
Ok so these are for people who potentially would like to own their own call center(yay!) if not, u can always choose to be a call center agent. they have fairly reasonable start up costs for GREAT companies such as Direct TV, Comcast, Ebay, Neiman Marcus, DIsney cruise lines, Carnival etc. I wont go into great detail but I will tell you they are very strict on the voice assessments and you will be required to pay for the background check and training. You work a flexible schedule(you pick your own hours) If you choose to go through an IBO they will give you a voucher for $25 towards the cost of training. Just ask

Arise and Virtual Ops

feel free to add to this list. And good luck!
I'm training for Urgently Roadside Assistance $14.00 per hour and Breezeline Cable Company $15.00 per hour and went through Indeed and typed in Remote Customer Service Representative. Also Simply Hired and LinkedIn where I typed in the same.

gloupkie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
17,009 1,201 237
Alleybux
I've gotten a few & I know of others that have gotten remote jobs as well.

Are you a QA? If so, can I message you?
Not sure why I'm just now seeing this but I'm a former QA, I no longer work for them anymore. But, yes, you can PM me. :giggle:

Conduent is another one that sends equipment but the pay varies from 15-18 depending on the job.

The Hartford is another good one that provides equipment & the base pay is $19/hr. I heard their benefits are amazing. Just search 'remote' in the search bar & apply away.

Progressive is also hiring remote positions $19/hr

Please do not forget to tailor your resume to the job you're applying for. The main reason why a lot of people never hear back is because their resume is not up to par. Remember, your first goal is to obtain the interview, therefore, your resume must stand out.

I had 12 interviews alone in the month of June for remote positions all because I tailored my resume to the jobs that I applied for! Out of those 12, I received offers from 5 of those companies. I've never had that many interviews or offers back to back before ever! I ended up accepting an offer from the one that I truly wanted & started at the beginning of this month.

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Testimony time.

So I have been off and on looking for remote work because the current company I work for as a contractor is ass. I found a job through indeed and because I am currently out of the country and will be for a while, it was hard to find remote work for the state I have listed.

At first, I applied for a ton of customer service jobs, and then I realized I walked off a ton of the sh!ts in the past. It was not going to work for me, not even short term.

I then realized that I needed to create multiple resumes for the jobs I was applying for logistics/purchasing/data processing

And then I realized the format of my resume was old AF so that needed a refresh.

I started applying for remote jobs that had little to NO customer service interaction and I have been successful. I am thinking of picking up a few certs to solidify my future of not working with other folk lol so something in the tech field or coding.

Where I live, a little can go a longggg way so I was ok with an entry level position while I work on my master's..

All that to say this thread is motivating, and it is possible to WFH without dealing with demons on the phones all day if that is something you hate as well.

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,313 5,201 8,831
Alleybux
Testimony time.

So I have been off and on looking for remote work because the current company I work for as a contractor is ass. I found a job through indeed and because I am currently out of the country and will be for a while, it was hard to find remote work for the state I have listed.

At first, I applied for a ton of customer service jobs, and then I realized I walked off a ton of the sh!ts in the past. It was not going to work for me, not even short term.

I then realized that I needed to create multiple resumes for the jobs I was applying for logistics/purchasing/data processing

And then I realized the format of my resume was old AF so that needed a refresh.

I started applying for remote jobs that had little to NO customer service interaction and I have been successful. I am thinking of picking up a few certs to solidify my future of not working with other folk lol so something in the tech field or coding.

Where I live, a little can go a longggg way so I was ok with an entry level position while I work on my master's..

All that to say this thread is motivating, and it is possible to WFH without dealing with demons on the phones all day if that is something you hate as well.

Can you give an example/show a template of the modern resume you use?

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Can you give an example/show a template of the modern resume you use?
So you wanna get rid of that "objective" section and tailor it to that specific job.

Also you don't want to just have a list of skills. Include both hard and soft skills and use numbers to support your duties.

Meaning in your previous jobs how has something you done increased productivity... Talk about your wpm or kph and accuracy.

And also find new verbs... Detailed oriented or attention to detail is tired...
Screenshot_20220809-051715.png

GuruLogic95

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
885 60
Alleybux
So you wanna get rid of that "objective" section and tailor it to that specific job.

Also you don't want to just have a list of skills. Include both hard and soft skills and use numbers to support your duties.

Meaning in your previous jobs how has something you done increased productivity... Talk about your wpm or kph and accuracy.

And also find new verbs... Detailed oriented or attention to detail is tired...
View attachment 3918645

This information is perfect! Thank you. Also, can you tell us some of the job titles you have applied for or how to find jobs with little to no customer service? I’m really tired of call center jobs, but I can’t seem to find anything that doesn’t involve taking inbound calls.

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
This information is perfect! Thank you. Also, can you tell us some of the job titles you have applied for or how to find jobs with little to no customer service? I’m really tired of call center jobs, but I can’t seem to find anything that doesn’t involve taking inbound calls.
I wanted to work in a field in my degree so I got a research assistant position that is remote.

But what about data entry? That was going to be my back up and entry level is a good start. If you can type and 10 key well you shouldn't have a problem.

internetsweetie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,284 304 299
Alleybux
Testimony time.

Hi, what were the remote jobs that you found and where? > remote jobs that had little to NO customer service interaction

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Hi, what were the remote jobs that you found and where? > remote jobs that had little to NO customer service interaction
I only used indeed USA jobs. Gov and wah queen to get an understanding of who was hiring.

Dispatching
Data entry
Research assistant

These are just the main ones I have searched and applied to.

The dispatching job was talking to drivers not customers.

The others are a bit more self explanatory.

Oh there are moderator jobs I'm still getting notifications from as well

internetsweetie

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
9,284 304 299
Alleybux
I only used indeed USA jobs. Gov and wah queen to get an understanding of who was hiring.

Dispatching
Data entry
Research assistant

Thanks, moderator jobs as in social media moderator? What would be the job title for this, and if you know, the pay?

TheLionQueen

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
46,864 686 193
Alleybux

Dispatching
Data entry
Research assistant

I know you probably don't need much experience for data entry but, on average how much experience were they looking for on the research assistant job descriptions?

two am

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Reaction score
Reactions
44,534 1,247 516
Alleybux
Yes, like @For The Culture stated, have multiple resumes ready to go. They get a lot of applications, you want to make sure you're quickly hitting the key details they're looking for without a bunch of fluff since they're mostly going to skim. I have a master resume with all of my job history, experience, accomplishments, training, etc. All of it. That's the one I try to keep up to date. Then I use that to create focused resumes. Administrative and Office experience, for example, is one. I took that master resume and edited down to focus only on those related skills, and would lightly edit it based on the job description. Despite having all of the details in my master resume, sometimes I would see something in the listing and realize that I forget something (and I would update the master copy for later) or that I could spin something to match. Now that I have other experience from my current job I'm about to create a new focused resume on those skills :)

Also, some applications never make it to a human, and not because you don't qualify, but some software scans resumes and if the formatting is off they won't pass. Rat Race Rebellion had a course on this, they maybe have some free information.

Dispatching
Data entry
Research assistant

Most of the data entry jobs I find are actually customer service jobs that of course require some data entry. I hate that they know damn well what we're looking for, but throw it under data entry to get our attention.

For The Culture

LSA's Lady Whistledown
Reaction score
Reactions
262,056 4,102 1,980
Alleybux
Yes, like @For The Culture stated,

Most of the data entry jobs I find are actually customer service jobs that of course require some data entry. I hate that they know damn well what we're looking for, but throw it under data entry to get our attention.
I have fallen for that trap several times. To that I say please read the job description. I applied for an Admin position and read that it said they would still need to answer incoming calls and something else that triggered my call center senses lol.

I should not be talking on no phones except to other people in the company.

They will try it though. Because they know people tired of that mess

Ujjnala

Facts. Periodt.
Reaction score
Reactions
26,313 5,201 8,831
Alleybux
I have fallen for that trap several times. To that I say please read the job description. I applied for an Admin position and read that it said they would still need to answer incoming calls and something else that triggered my call center senses lol.

I should not be talking on no phones except to other people in the company.

They will try it though. Because they know people tired of that mess

Fine I'll talk to customers but they will have to hear my fan blasting right beside me and whatever I have streaming.

oprah-shrug (1).gif

eazybreezy

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
22,849 1,081 116
Alleybux
I don't know if this has already been posted but this Youtuber posts work from home jobs. She has the links in the captions.

Her website also has lists of wfh jobs:

Last edited: