Quantcast

Life As Half Black Half Japanese High School Girl

ZeusAlmighty

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
133,592 3,623 1,142
Alleybux
Japan and Korea are two places in East Asia that I have heard nothing good about when it comes to sociological treatment of their mixed race citizens. Whether half black or half white, mixed people in those two countries are treated as perpetual foreigners (even the ones who were born and raised there).

With Eurasians, even the white-passing ones (who have the Euro features that East Asians covet so much) are fetishised instead of accepted.

East Asia in general is as unpleasant a place for mixed people as it gets, but those two countries specifically, are awful for mixed people. Even China isn't a bad as Japan or Korea. Whether Blasian or Eurasian, you're gonna have a tough time because your very existence is seen as a threat to their homogeneity, which they see as sacred.

There a very, very few places in Africa or Europe (if any) that can even begin to compete with East Asia in the context of anti-biracial sentiment.

This is why I think that it's selfish to raise mixed children in homogenous societies. You hinder a mixed child's chances of growing up to be well-adjusted when you,

1. Only expose them to one side of themselves.

and

2. Raise them in a society where they are almost completely alien to the surrounding population.

Last edited:

missyed

Team Owner
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
287,854 2,712 490
Alleybux
She's lovely. It was heartbreaking to hear how she is treated by some of the Japanese especially the "she's dangerous" BS, just because she's half black. I've heard that Japan can be pretty racist.

Mrs.Giroud

RIP Cheverly 4.17.23
Reaction score
Reactions
111,424 4,132 1,281
Alleybux
These homogeneous countries fear mixed race people eventually becoming the "face" of their countries. Asian countries want to remain Asian only. Treating these children/people like diseases is terrible. This girl is so beautiful, but she will not be accepted as Japanese...ever.

Last edited:

AfroIvory

SZA’s Pengame
Reaction score
Reactions
10,110 340 70
Alleybux
Aw she’s so beautiful. Japan also treated their mixed track runner bad, until he helped their punk selfs get an Olympic medal. What’s even the solution ? If they move to a different country they leave their family and entire lifestyle but if they stay they get treated like trash.

THE GENERAL

︶꒦꒷♡꒷꒦︶
Reaction score
Reactions
428,760 17,528 10,026
Alleybux
She is beautiful but I do think parents should think about these things before procreating. I wish I would leave my half Black child in Japan. If I mixed with an Asian that kid staying in the US or Africa only. The Asians can come visit us

Effy

Youre not my supervisor
Reaction score
Reactions
25,280 1,290 673
Alleybux
Japan and Korea are two places in East Asia that I have heard nothing good about when it comes to sociological treatment of their mixed race citizens. Whether half black or half white, mixed people in those two countries are treated as perpetual foreigners (even the ones who were born and raised there).

Atleast if ur mixed with white in those countries you get jobs.

If ur black or black mixed is gonna have a hard time finding any job

ChromeChoker

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
51,372 1,134 162
Alleybux
They can be majorly xenophobic!
Only a portion of youth isn’t but the rest can be so cruel to someone that isn’t full Japanese.
How gross can you be to someone who’s obviously sweet, pretty, and well mannered?! Jealousy or ignorance.

ban1o

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
99,940 4,547 2,226
Alleybux
I rolled my eyes at her half Pakistani friend acting like her experience was anything similar. Like the interviewer couldn’t even immediately tell she was mixed lol.

I feel bad for the girl. I wonder why her mother didn’t move her to America. I’m assuming her parents aren’t together?

Cancer The Crab

Snip, Snip, Snip
Reaction score
Reactions
36,215 3,080 1,710
Alleybux
I rolled my eyes at her half Pakistani friend acting like her experience was anything similar. Like the interviewer couldn’t even immediately tell she was mixed lol.

I feel bad for the girl. I wonder why her mother didn’t move her to America. I’m assuming her parents aren’t together?

Tbh, she might have a better time there than in the U.S, white people are violent with their racism, asians are just nasty and judgemental.

At least, I know I'd rather be in a room filled with oblivious yellows than pasty demonic whites.

bxxcd

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
47,825 979 136
Alleybux
That doesn’t even make sense — “You look like Michael Jackson and you’re black.” People are awful.

bangles86

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
882 29 35
Alleybux
It’s so sad how japan treats blk ppl. Smh. Honestly they are so ignorant.

sunburnt

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
61,919 1,042 503
Alleybux
Poor thing. She is sweet and it's great that her mother stood up for her but you can tell that she suppressed a lot of trauma so her mother wouldn't worry.

There are so many military men that impregnate Asian women, leave them, and force them to raise their mixed children in a heavily racist country. How selfish is that? Especially if the child can't blend in to the majority? Imagine how traumatizing that is for the child.

From what I've noticed, mainly in East Asian countries, they will only accept mixed kids based on how close they look to the majority. For example, Kiko Mizuhara is half white but can pass as full Japanese so she has been able to have a long career. She also doesn't use her American name so that helps her, too.
kiko-mizuhara-5-things-to-know-about-model-sparking-romance-rumors-with-harry-styles-ftr.jpg

But East Asian countries don't seem to covet mixed children that have too much of the 'other' features. There have been mixed kids with blonde hair and blue eyes but they only get oogled at, not accepted.

Brandon Fallis

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,892 3,418 464
Alleybux
she is so beautiful.

this was so heartbreaking to watch. the content made me feel like it was PSA from the 80's/early 90's. To think it's 2019, likely? whew.

I knew when I heard her name was Amna - that she was Pakistani lol. I'm sure her experiences aren't close to Maica's but still not so great because the kids at school know she's not "full Japanese" and when you're that age..Middle School/High School is your whole world.

The mom seems low-key oblivious to how her daughter has been treated post-Grade 3 but Maica said that lol -- I thought she would know her daughter was hiding it.

Frost

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
81,708 3,049 895
Alleybux
I saw this last week and she is very sweet, but I hope she can leave there.

Brandon Fallis

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
107,892 3,418 464
Alleybux
I don't want to be rude but they should have brought her to America. Kids are cruel in general. But, she's being treated differently on a larger scale with the civilians. She said that "Japanese people don't approach me." that's concerning.

She said her dad speaks Japanese-- is he at home with them?

Weird how they didn't ask him or why he didn't take her back to America. is she a single mom because she stifled a laugh when the interviewer asked about her dad.

Cancer The Crab

Snip, Snip, Snip
Reaction score
Reactions
36,215 3,080 1,710
Alleybux
Why y'all acting like America is any better. Do you think white children would treat her any better or the westernized asians would accept her in their circles for that matter? Plus she doesn't know our culture. It'd be SO hard for her to adapt, and I'm not sure if she knows English or not but that'd be a barrier too.

sinead94

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
30,314 1,838 3,431
Alleybux
Why would you reproduce with Asian and live in a Asian country knowing the extent of their racism is mind-boggling. Not every can, will or should accept black people. There's no point to change human nature. However, take control of the things you can control and this means either not reproducing with Asian or if you do raise your kids in a safe environment. It's just silly to me to come crying about how racist these Asians are. Look their population is 99% themselves, they do not like diversity and do not want to hear of it, what did you expect? They're not going to change to please you. Besides, they wouldn't gain anything by opening up to diversity.

Lolwowzer

Starter
Reaction score
Reactions
1,337 36 10
Alleybux
Running for Grace - Wikipedia

This movie on Netflix ^ the main character was born from a Japanese mom and a white man in Hawaii. The Japanese community called him a demon child and treated hi like he had a disease, just because he was biracial with white. people would shoo him away

It’s not a true story but...
Hopefully things are getting better for biracial kids. It’s not their fault for just being born

Lilly Ghalichi

Ничего не страшно
Reaction score
Reactions
294,666 13,168 8,519
Alleybux
Why y'all acting like America is any better. Do you think white children would treat her any better or the westernized asians would accept her in their circles for that matter? Plus she doesn't know our culture. It'd be SO hard for her to adapt, and I'm not sure if she knows English or not but that'd be a barrier too.
I feel like that would be a Netflix show. Blasian from east asia moves to a black community lol

Lilly Ghalichi

Ничего не страшно
Reaction score
Reactions
294,666 13,168 8,519
Alleybux
Running for Grace - Wikipedia

This movie on Netflix ^ the main character was born from a Japanese mom and a white man in Hawaii. The Japanese community called him a demon child and treated hi like he had a disease, just because he was biracial with white. people would shoo him away

It’s not a true story but...
Hopefully things are getting better for biracial kids. It’s not their fault for just being born
Yea we know it isnt true bc they'd be screaming yaaaaaas yaaaaas to the half white baby. My male east asian friends that are intl students have told me their own mothers tell them to marry white women so they can have mixed kids. They come to america & see all the confused hapa kids and say fµck no.

tokyodiva91

最高
Reaction score
Reactions
36,981 1,410 811
Alleybux
I saw this a few days ago (love Asian Boss!) and just knew this was going to be posted on LSA eventually. I'm pretty sure she was just saving face and that her dad doesn't live with her. The absent black dad, present japanese mom is more common than you think in Japan. He probably is back in the states and visits from time to time. She's gorgeous, my experiences were very similar so I feel for her. I pray that she lives a happy and fulfilled life and recognizes that she is beautiful. I hate how she doesn't like her hair but I went through the same thing hating my hair and black features when I was younger because the bullying is next level. I almost burnt off all my big curly hair with an extra-strength Japanese straight perm. smh

I hope she becomes a FA. That would allow her to see the world and be around people in countries who will truly recognize her gorgeousness. She should definitely try and learn English too, it'll be super helpful for future job prospects and a better salary. I am eternally grateful my parents spoke both languages to me to ensure my brother and I were fully Japanese/English bilingual.

herbalmintea

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
171,788 7,962 1,970
Alleybux
I’ve seen this video before. I believe she said she wanted to get a job in the states? She should probably stay here. Obviously being a person of color in this country isn’t easy but she would be treated far better here as a mixed light skinned person than she does over there.

Rochelle Dionna

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
56,851 6,603 11,394
Alleybux
Why would you reproduce with Asian and live in a Asian country knowing the extent of their racism is mind-boggling. Not every can, will or should accept black people. There's no point to change human nature. However, take control of the things you can control and this means either not reproducing with Asian or if you do raise your kids in a safe environment. It's just silly to me to come crying about how racist these Asians are. Look their population is 99% themselves, they do not like diversity and do not want to hear of it, what did you expect? They're not going to change to please you. Besides, they wouldn't gain anything by opening up to diversity.
I was hoping someone would say this. Simple, you don't want your children to endure this foolishness, stay within your race. But I guess it isn't that simple for some.

GrannyNguyen

I bit Beyonce
OLDHEAD
Reaction score
Reactions
47,565 1,248 244
Alleybux
My friend is half white and Japanese fluent in English and Japanese born and raised. However she's now moved to the UK. Although she's culturally Japanese she said she was never accepted as being Japanese. Her brother was also brutally bullied which is funny because he now works for a Japanese firm over here. But neither want to go back apart for vacations.

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,052 20,791 366
Alleybux
I’ve seen this video before. I believe she said she wanted to get a job in the states? She should probably stay here. Obviously being a person of color in this country isn’t easy but she would be treated far better here as a mixed light skinned person than she does over there.

I wonder if she can speak English cause she said she only speaks Japanese with her father.

I don’t understand when parents with mixed kids don’t bother teaching their kids both of their mother tongues especially when is a language like English. It would give their kids an edge and it would also open up opportunities for them. People like this girl would need all the advantages she can have if she decides to continue living and working in Japan.

It would also help these kids feel connect to both of their sides. I got cousins that I can’t even communicate with cause their mother never taught them our language and they don’t speak English.

edamame_bee

Kinda Girl You Are
Reaction score
Reactions
131,894 3,580 1,063
Alleybux
Yea we know it isnt true bc they'd be screaming yaaaaaas yaaaaas to the half white baby. My male east asian friends that are intl students have told me their own mothers tell them to marry white women so they can have mixed kids. They come to america & see all the confused hapa kids and say fµck no.
I think their families are the minority because a lot of the full Asian families I encountered aren't for it period unless they're Filipino since they seem more lax about marrying outside their race. The others don't even like marrying other Asians - the Taiwanese and Japanese people I met tend to treat Indonesians and Filipinos like trash because they're generally domestic workers. They might not say it out right, but Asians are very tribalistic people

Lilly Ghalichi

Ничего не страшно
Reaction score
Reactions
294,666 13,168 8,519
Alleybux
I think their families are the minority because a lot of the full Asian families I encountered aren't for it period unless they're Filipino since they seem more lax about marrying outside their race. The others don't even like marrying other Asians - the Taiwanese and Japanese people I met tend to treat Indonesians and Filipinos like trash because they're generally domestic workers. They might not say it out right, but Asians are very tribalistic people
Yea they're racist bc theyre darker

Maelin

Team Owner
Reaction score
Reactions
122,052 20,791 366
Alleybux

Most East Asians look down on South East Asians cause they think those countries are less developed and due to colorism.

blinditems

General Manager
Reaction score
Reactions
14,483 577 180
Alleybux

I’m still baffled why Americans keep
Accepting full Asian BS answers that they can’t tell that girl is of Japanese blood. It makes my own blood boil.

She’s clearly Japanese, too. The pulled that same stunt on Tiger Woods saying he doesn’t look Asian when he is phenotypically 100% Asian.

They seem to be colorists and the melanin makes them blind or something.

mee9mee9

a crinkle on earth
Reaction score
Reactions
109,954 6,123 2,206
Alleybux
She's lovely. It was heartbreaking to hear how she is treated by some of the Japanese especially the "she's dangerous" BS, just because she's half black. I've heard that Japan can be pretty racist.
which is why i dont understand the amount of anime/cosplay obsessed African Americans

Musique et Vin

ησ тєαяѕ ρℓєαѕє...ιт ιѕ α ωαѕтє σƒ gσσ∂ ѕυƒƒєяιηg
Reaction score
Reactions
108,591 4,195 1,003
Alleybux
These homogeneous countries fear mixed race people eventually becoming the "face" of their countries. Asian countries want to remain Asian only. Treating these children/people like diseases is terrible. This girl is so beautiful, but she will not be accepted as Japanese...ever.
And what is so hypocritical is that their people want to immigrate to western nations that are multicultural (ie US, Canada, etc).

Depoze Konpa

Team Owner
Time Out
Reaction score
Reactions
166,099 9,403 8,044
Alleybux

East Asia in general is an unpleasant place for mixed people, but those two countries specifically, are awful for mixed people. Whether Blasian or Eurasian, you're gonna have a tough time because your very existence is seen as a threat to their homogeneity, which they see as sacred.

Worse than China? I somehow assumed Japan would be a better place than China for black/mixed people but then again, I know jack sh!t about East Asia...

Padussy

MVP
Reaction score
Reactions
3,261 250 995
Alleybux

East Asia in general is an unpleasant place for mixed people, but those two countries specifically, are awful for mixed people. Whether Blasian or Eurasian, you're gonna have a tough time because your very existence is seen as a threat to their homogeneity, which they see as sacred.

I can understand how she feels. I hate to say it, but it I've had to deal with this kind of treatment growing up in the African American community in America because I'm mixed with Asian.

Didyme

Flat Tummy Teas
Reaction score
Reactions
93,213 5,059 1,399
Alleybux
The Japanese believe they are the superior race. I don't know what anyone would have mixed children with them.